Starjumper

There be Dragons

Your practice didnt seem like anything I had heard of as an eastern tradition. Thus, I just thought it might be new age. If it is, can I ask where you got this soulgazing from?

Google Search - Only shows "New Age" type meditations.

Hence the reason I thought you were getting into some type of New Age dreamwork type stuff.

Search results return: roman soul gazing, Tantric Soulgazing(for couples), Couple Soulgazing, Celtic Soulgazing, Wiccian Soulgazing (Shadowgazing)

Of course the internet, with the exception of there being many similar new age practices, is not the end all be all of all spiritual traditions.

The only thing remotely similar seems to be Tantric Soulgazing (eye gazing) to eastern thought. This requires a love partner as a couple meditation. This is a Hindu Tantra meditation.

Do you have a reference in rare and obscure literature on Taoism you would like to share?

Pink Light

The soul gazing is not part of my chi kung practice or any of my other practices. It's something my kung fu teacher suggested and I don't know where he got it but he's had some teachers (one Tibetan woman Lama and one Hawaiian Kahuna - a real one) with outlandish psychic power, as does he. He had me do soul gazing with another guy in our class while he watch to make sure nothing bad happened.

Soul gazing with another is not to be taken lightly as negative things can transfer, but they guy I did it with was pretty 'pure' :) After say thirty seconds of soul (eye) gazing there was some kind of a sudden shift in awareness, like a CLICK! and I felt connected with him and felt brotherly love; the feeling of connection still persists.

So that's all I know about soul gazing, is that experience, other than that you can also do it with yourself in the mirror, which has a very different purpose. I haven't really gone for it in the mirror yet, but my kung fu teacher says you will see your evil side, and to accept it.

I'm certain that doing soul gazing with a lover/soul mate would be an awesome thing.

Edited by Starjumper7

"In any case, gods are created by human belief, and the mutual combined power of the belief gives power to the god, and this can be real power, and it can be accessed by some."

Or used by some to wield power over the believing humans. "God" of money, anyone? Anyone?

"In any case, gods are created by human belief, and the mutual combined power of the belief gives power to the god, and this can be real power, and it can be accessed by some."

Or used by some to wield power over the believing humans. "God" of money, anyone? Anyone?

Yes, that's the Western way.

The church uses the threat to control people for power and money, most everyone likes to do that. However, the belief of all the people does give some power to their god anyway, and the bible's command to kill all other gods has been implemented to a fairly high degree. As far as Western gods go, I would prefer the sex maniacal, music playing Pan, to the stick in the mud they have now, but Pan was killed long ago. Kill the believers and the god dies too.

Edited by Starjumper7

Bumping this up, I thought my sketch of the dragon was in here, I thought I posted it on this forum but it must be in another thread ... if I didn't delete it. It would be nice if someone can find it.

i wont get into the good dragon,bad dragon thing. a dragon visited perhaps. was there a message?

seems like you have tried alot of different energy type work. have you ever done dragon breath or dragon breathing? have you ever felt you could communicate with reptiles? in your kung fu , do you practice dragon forms?

i wont get into the good dragon,bad dragon thing. a dragon visited perhaps. was there a message?

seems like you have tried alot of different energy type work. have you ever done dragon breath or dragon breathing? have you ever felt you could communicate with reptiles? in your kung fu , do you practice dragon forms?

I used to know someone with dragon breath.

Needless to say we don't date anymore. Shallow person that i am:)

I hinted at the first message in a previous post here where I described mentioning it to my practice buddy. It was teaching me some chi power techniques but I wasn't aware of it, actually variations of techniques we already knew.

Well I'm not sure. It seems that my chi kung covers everything useful I've seen in other ch kung systems in and endlessly varried and formless manner and so we use no names to separate different exercises. I do know the Swimming Dragon methods and that is incorporated into my chi kung in thousands of ways in various different exerises. It is a most excellent way to move.

However I'm not sure what is meant by dragon breathing, although sometimes we do some 'different' kind of breathing.

I mentioned earlier here how I found it that it had been teaching me movements.

It also taught my buddy some techniques at his place but it appeared to contain some misinformation. I was advised that if you go to them and ask for gifts that they may or may not mislead you a bit, but you owe them anyway It's rather complex.

I didn't ask, but since that session with my buddy, when I became more aware of what was happening, things started ramping up exponentially, it seems.

I don't think that any specific dragon named practice I do matters in this but rather there is some other connection.

There is a dragon associated with my clan, which includes Bruce Lee, and he considered himself to be a dragon, so there are many possibilities.

My chikung teacher was Bruce Lee's inspiration, mentor, and primary teacher. Therefore Bruce is my Kung Fu brother in a way. I don't know if I can technically consider him to be my kung fu big brother if I didn't meet him but I do anyway.

I think it is more like: I received transmission, mass quantities of energy, and psychic brain surgery every week for many years from one of the world's most advanced chi kung masters.

Getting that kind of treatment is a bit different than what people call transmissions around here.

Also as a result of the help from my teacher and my own extensive practice I developed quite a large energy field around my head =)

Some people talk about 'opening' chakras, but that seems silly to me, as I mentioned before here, there is open, OPEN, or nuclear powered.

Forget 'open'.

What's happening with the dragon now is verry interesting, never thought it would happen to me =) ... nor cared either.

Edited by Starjumper7

Also, I feel it may have been helped along by my recent association with a powerful Kahuna =) and is one heavy duty magic dude!

It's all a big mystery, and I LIKE mystery.

Edited by Starjumper7

There is a dragon associated with my clan, which includes Bruce Lee, and he considered himself to be a dragon, so there are many possibilities.

Is that you Robert Lee??? Have you released any new albums recently??

I do so miss your melodic tones.

post-46635-12937401526_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Also, I feel it may have been helped along by my recent association with the most powerful Kahuna known today (the only Hawaiian one whose clan hasn't been poisoned by Xian philosophy), and he lives in my city too =) and is one very heavy duty magic dude!

It's all a big mystery, and I LIKE mystery.

the Mystery of mysteries is the Door of all essence.....and kahunas been known to cross paths with dragons.

the swimming dragon you mentioned is interesting , is it done bagua or chi kung?(i realize bagua is chi kung but i feel you know what i mean) there is not alot of info out there about dragon breath and dragon breathing,even if there are a few qigongs that are labeled dragon. i was referring to something a little different. its just when i hear someone was visited by a dragon i am a little curious. as what i usually find in other cases of this there is a message or a lesson (or a heads up) brought by the dragon.

I am the Lizard King,

I can do anything

I've seen dragons, the inspiration for dragons, and they scared the hell out of me. It was at the close of a bad winter and I had a camp high in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains of northern New Mexico at least a month before the Floristas opened the gates into the forest. Four p.m., I was standing on a rocky point at 10,700 or 11,000 ft. elevation and the weather was coming in below me. Above me the sky was clear, below me the clouds looked like a tumbling sea across the Rio Grande and against the peaks along the Jemez. The northwest wind was pushing out storm dragons in sinuous tendrils. They climbed up through the canyons toward my point...they always kept to the canyons. The word "writhing" comes to mind. And when they slipped into a warmer layer, yet untouched by the wind, they disappeared and then they twisted out of it when they reached the cold and formed themselves again for the next advance. Western dragons can't fly like that, western dragons are not a half-mile long and growing. Finally one pushed up through the canyon on my left and whipped around my point with an impossibly cold breath and a flogging of snow...and I got the hell off that mountain because they wanted to kill me that night and could very well have done so had I stayed.

Its a story. It's all a story. Starjumper7 tells us a story. It sounds like a little bit of unbidden shamanismo to me.

We get a call about mid-afternoon that two of our circle were missing in the Yucatan. No word in three days and they should have been home yesterday. One elder asks us to journey out to find them. I am not such an alarmist...wait two days like the cops always do...but still I start to journey and for nothing such a long, long time. I hang there above the roof. A week before along the acequia de comunes I had found what was left of a great horned owl that had been ripped apart by a red-tailed hawk. I had bound what were the last four feathers along the wing into a fan and tucked two of the breast feathers, those not coated with blood, into my hatband and thanked whatever spirits there were for the right to take such liberties...but that was just for insurance because I never believed an iota of this about spirit, or that about spirit, or any preaching whatsoever about The Spirit...and WHAM, it was like being blindsided in a hockey match, and whoa, I'm off the roof and hauled down the Gulf Coast by an owl to where I can see the two of my people standing on the beach on Cozumel waiting for god knew what. That was the report I called in. And that was journey stuff, but yeah, the two were on Cozumel in daylight reality and bad weather had kept them stranded and they were home in less than a week.

Good on the Owl. But I have no proprietary interest in the bird, nor she in me for she was just an expedient tuft attached to a level of embodied instinctual imagination that without her might have been impossible to access. If I identified in any way with that owl...she's with me, I'm with her--just as if I identified with a god or a guru or a master or a lineage, or if I fell into the Romance of the Mystical Beast--the Mystique of The Other--in short order I'd be sounding like a fool.

Very cool Mr. Easy, FLYING is where it's at ... so I'm going up to get the engine for my airplane now. It's an aluminum Corvette V8 of 400 hp. The airplane it's going into is named Night Fury, after the dragon in the Movie How to Train your Dragon.

It's a mid engine plane with rear prop, shape is like the front end of a modern high performance sailplane, 2 seat side by side. Tails are on twin booms extending back off the wings. Can we say fast? Yes, I'm cwazy.

Wings from Angels

Lungs from Corvette

Heart of a Dragon.

Also I lived in Venezuela for quite a few years when I was a boy, met a shaman there too. I think he's the first shaman I ran into by accident. I and two friends were cave exploring (unmapped caves) and this shaman was having a ceremony at the entrance and blocked our way for a few minutes.

Edited by Starjumper7

I had a camp high in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains of northern New Mexico...

That was great, a beautiful thing to imagine, for me!

I had dinner in Santa Fe one night with my wife, the sun had just gone down, and out on the Western horizon above the mountains we noticed three small round clouds, one above the other, with staff lines inbetween. No joke, it looked like a major chord triad! Looking back a few minutes later, there were two round clouds and a staff line. Looking back a few minutes later, there were three again!

On the road to Taos the next day, somebody had taken liberties with the road sign that had a picture of a cow on it; intended to warn motorists of the presence of cows, someone had drawn a flying saucer above the cow with transporter beams down to the cow. My wife and I had to laugh, and wonder.

Edited by Mark Foote

When I was much younger, life was rough for me. I spent my early childhood and teen years in an abusive and strictly religious household. After years of feeling not quite good enough, I decided I'd had enough and I prayed to God one night and although I can't remember my exact words said something to the effect of, "God I'm very sad and I don't want to live anymore. If you can't give me a reason to live I'm going to commit suicide tomorrow."

I wasn't expecting an answer, in fact I expected to go to sleep, wake up the next morning and take a bottle of sleeping pills and drink some beer. That night as I slept I had a strange dream, in that dream I was stabbed by a man and I died and my body began to float, well bob is more apt, then suddenly I was someplace else.

What I experienced was beyond description, except to say it was a vast empty space, no land, no up and down, just emptiness and throughout this emptiness there were balls of white light floating around. As I looked around, trying to take in what was happening, come to grips with what seemed quite strange, I realized that I was being drawn towards a being that was obscured from my sight by bright beaming light. As I came closer I felt an immense sensation of peace and calm coming from this being.

The being spoke to me in my mind and said (to the best of my recollection), "Aaron, everyone is alive to learn a lesson. Until you learn that lesson you will keep coming back here and from here you will return to the world. When you return you are reborn either in the past or future. Once you learn the lesson, you will pass on from this place. If you commit suicide, you are only putting off the inevitable."

That's all this being said. He never directed me to what the lesson actually was, nor did he tell me how to learn the lesson, only that there was a lesson to learn. For a young man raised in a strict southern baptist family, it was all so different and strange. Before that moment I'd never believed in reincarnation, in fact I would've thought it to be quite mad, but afterwards there has never since been a doubt in my mind what will happen to me when I die. To say that it changed my life is an understatement. I went from a God fearing Christian to a young man in search of the truth.

The reason I mention this is that I can never prove to anyone that this actually occurred, it's my own private experience, a very powerful experience that has never left me. For me to diminish someone else's experience is not only wrong, but hypocritical. If someone says they've seen a dragon, then I believe they've seen a dragon. There's no argument there, nor any reason to argue the point.

We each desire something out of life and oftentimes what we desire is completely different from everyone else. If we could accept that it's fine for people to be different, that our differences actually help to enrich our experiences, then I think the world would be a much happier place. I think in a way we are quite lucky to be alive now, because there are many places in the world that are moving towards that acceptance, even if it seems to be coming along slowly.

As for my lesson, well who knows if I've learned it. I spent years trying to find out what it was and finally gave up and just gave in to living my life and learning what I could. No one needs to become enlightened, eventually, in my opinion, we all will be enlightened. Sometimes I think we're all just shards from the same great ball and that one by one, as we begin to remember where we come from, we return to there. I may be wrong, and if so, then so be it.

I enjoyed everyone's posts on this thread. I was hesitant to post this, perhaps because of my ego, but in the end I thought it might be good to share, since it adds one more experience to the vastness of the human experience, something we are all a part of.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

twinner, thanks for sharing something so personal.for me i realize it is the risk i take, saying i have been visited by a dragon. like starjumper's visitor it was very calm and like a friend. there was nothing demon about it. but in my case the dragon revealed itself only to vanish. it did not hang around and let any of my friends check it out.it really didnt give any indication of reason for appearing. i wondered if within tao it was some representation of spiritual realm? i consulted the i ching , the answer given was to "remember we all come from the same origin". i asked a teacher of mine, one who is more esoteric/shaman minded, about the dragon. he said it was dna. i dont know if this answer satisfied me. but maybe it is about transformation and evolution. idk maybe it is something i placed into my mind without realizing i had done so? idk. i had only mentioned this before to the aforementioned teacher and a cousin of mine who has a phd in psychology, her response was maybe i was dipping my toe into a jungian pond. maybe i am crazy,delusional, whatever but for me there is more to dragons than just telling stories. just remembering that experience calms and quiets me to the sensation that everything around me is in slow motion. it is almost comphrensible, almost but not really.

How long ago was the visit from the dragon? It was a spirit of some kind, and it may be the same one that visited me, which may be why I felt you were my brother when I first saw a post of yours not so long ago. The question is ... no, there's no need to question, because it doesn't matter who it really is, does it? I guess it does, because it's a question of self identity.

There are various possibilities, maybe it's the head honcho Taoist god, maybe it's the fearless leader of my clan, maybe they are both the same thing, maybe Bruce integrated himself well enough with his dragon spirit so that it is him, maybe there are many dragons and they all go about their business. But here's something that's not a maybe, my dragon is blending with me in the common manner of shaman/animal interconnection ... I guess ...

and yet

there is the brotherhood of the dragon.

Edited by Starjumper7

I posted this in another thread but it really belongs here in my dragon thread.

It was a dark and stormy night ... just kidding, it was dark, and my eyes were closed, which made it darker. I had been sitting for a little while (it was during the tail end of the time I was ranting about demons around here so the first second I thought maybe it was one of them) when the face came to me. It was gray colored with yellow eyes, the irises were round and the yellow parts had many radial striations. The eyes were at the sides of the head, not the top and they looked forward, not to the side, and they were intelligent eyes, and seemed wise and friendly.

It had a frill somewhat like this:

dilophosaurus%5B1%5D.jpg

but the frill went all around the top and sides of the head and not the bottom part. It was also gray in color with some faint violet-gray accents around the edges and spines. The frill was laid back and not aggressively expanded like in the picture, but it was big, receding endlessly and then vanishing in the foggy roiling darkness. Like a giant crown - that could be flared open in a flash. Antenna!

The mouth was closed and the nose end was more vertical than horizontal, indicating big teeth, like the feller in the picture. The lips and nostrils had larger scales and the lips, nostrils, and eyes had the same violet/purplish gray color that the frill had, like a band that varied geonetrically with the shape of the scales around the edges.

The head was about 3 times wider and higher than a human head, and much longer of course; it appeared to be about 6 feet away, and it's eyes were level with my eyes (not looking down).

also from the other thread

Anyway, with the dragon thing ... if that's what it was, I suppose it could have been an alien.

Since my teacher told me to ignore visitors and since I had had some prior visits from some demons, I ignored the dragon really well. He/she/it left after about five seconds. You know, probably busy or something.

However I got the distinct impression that it was friendly and was one of the good guys in the white hats.

Not much happened for several months, till it came around again on ye olde choo-choo train of thoughts, and discussed it with my long time practice buddy, who is also a Taoist wizard. I described it to him and showed him the quick one minute sketch I made, and he was able to contact it right away. He was quite impressed, you know, like 8 on a 10 scale, and he said ...

edit: and what he said is in a previous post on this thread.

How long ago was the visit from the dragon? It was a spirit of some kind, and it may be the same one that visited me, which may be why I felt you were my brother when I first saw a post of yours not so long ago. The question is ... no, there's no need to question, because it doesn't matter who it really is, does it? I guess it does, because it's a question of self identity.

There are various possibilities, maybe it's the head honcho Taoist god, maybe it's the fearless leader of my clan, maybe they are both the same thing, maybe Bruce integrated himself well enough with his dragon spirit so that it is him, maybe there are many dragons and they all go about their business. But here's something that's not a maybe, my dragon is blending with me in the common manner of shaman/animal interconnection ... I guess ...

and yet

there is the brotherhood of the dragon.

i dont think it was the same dragon, however the time of the visit is close to the same.maybe 8-9 months ago. i think maybe there are many dragons and they go about their business. do they all have the same agenda? who knows? my visitor i did not feel was godlike. i certainly feel it was spirit. a bruce connection? i didnt feel that way but as a martial artist i think we all have bruce lurking somewhere in our mind.

the qualities very similar> intelligent on an entirely different level. ancient intelligence? friendly, even compassionate and understanding. but the thing i sensed the most was the calmness. i will also add subtle.

it wasnt so much physically imposing as it was the intelligence that impressed me.

it came and went and i hope i never forget the feeling of the experience. i do feel it gave me an empowerment, a very subtle one at that. i will not mention specifically because i do not wish in any way to chance to lose it. perhaps i shouldnt have mentioned the slow motion thing either?

the self identity idea you mentioned, i will ponder about that. i dont think it has to be the same dragon for us to be in the same brotherhood.

the Mystery of mysteries is the Door of all essence.....and kahunas been known to cross paths with dragons.

You know how most Taosis masters are such sweetie-pies, where they act so nice when you screw up that you feel worse than if they had told you off, so it was very refreshing to get verbally slapped briskly about the face over and over by the Kahuna.

I don't think I would have let a lot of other people get away with it =)

Edited by Starjumper7

Today I started teaching a new chi kung student a little bit of tai chi. I decided to show her some real flowing so we did that for a couple of minutes and then I said to her: "some people who think they are tai chi masters would kill to see that", which isn't bad considering I hardly practice it anymore, I had just smoked a bowl (new years you know), and I was balancing with my eyes closed.

I have a discussion with some students about making a video showing some of my chi kung, and the general consensus is that the general public doesn't deserve to see something so exotic, flowing, and beautiful and valuable as the Taoist wizard's dance of power and life for free. I mean, you know, back in the good old days people used to pay big bucks for this stuff, really big. However, I'm thinking f making one - tonight - I was wondering, is it possible for people to download videos off of you tube? I knd of hate the idea of people watching a video if they are just going to stay sitting and watch it rather than doing it.

I'll tittle it 1001 ways to do the MCO without really trying.

• Like 1

Today I started teaching a new chi kung student a little bit of tai chi. I decided to show her some real flowing so we did that for a couple of minutes and then I said to her: "some people who think they are tai chi masters would kill to see that", which isn't bad considering I hardly practice it anymore, I had just smoked a bowl (new years you know), and I was balancing with my eyes closed.

I have a discussion with some students about making a video showing some of my chi kung, and the general consensus is that the general public doesn't deserve to see something so exotic, flowing, and beautiful and valuable as the Taoist wizard's dance of power and life for free. I mean, you know, back in the good old days people used to pay big bucks for this stuff, really big. However, I'm thinking f making one - tonight - I was wondering, is it possible for people to download videos off of you tube? I knd of hate the idea of people watching a video if they are just going to stay sitting and watch it rather than doing it.

I'll tittle it 1001 ways to do the MCO without really trying.

I would love to see your chi gong and tai chi.

Maybe you can post it here instead of you tube.

I promise i won't remain sitting.

I would love to see your chi gong and tai chi.

Maybe you can post it here instead of you tube.

I promise i won't remain sitting.

I'm also interested, I want to see if he really moves as good as he's been telling us :)

• Like 1