Gerard

Time to move on

Are you saying you can't think about a dog and write a detailed essay about it for 10 minutes? That's thinking about a dog for 10 minutes. I don't understand your point. How would that invalidate the Buddhas 4 truths?

I thought you were on a permanent retreat?

Back to your question:

Read my question again carefully, then write back.

Hint: did I mention anything about essays?

Anyway let me say something: I can sense a troll before they even start typing. Lucky you the moderation team of Tao Bums is meek, with me you would get a real permanent retreat.

I thought you were on a permanent retreat?

Back to your question:

Read my question again carefully, then write back.

Hint: did I mention anything about essays?

Anyway let me say something: I can sense a troll before they even start typing. Lucky you the moderation team of Tao Bums is meek, with me you would get a real permanent retreat.

What EXACTLY did I say to ban me? Nothing. Just as I suspected.

When I call you deluded, narrow minded, ego stuck, etc etc etc etc etc like V the Buddhist then let me know ....

This is the main problem where people fails to understand one of the basic principles of Buddhism: impermanence.

Why do you think you will remain the same after the physical death you will eventually experience in your life form as "adept"?

And I am not talking about dogma. Do this simple test for me:

Think of a dog. Try to keep this thought for 10 minutes in a non-stop fashion, and let us know if you were successful.

If you succeed then the Buddha was totally wrong.

I hate analogies, they spoil things for me, so much easier to simply get to the point.

Think of a monkey with a banana, the banana being karma and the monkey you, if you can picture that monkey without him eating the banana you will succeed in proving we do not have to get rid of our karma.

Anyway~ You were born a westerner right? isn't that permanent? like it or not...

Tao99 shame on you! :angry: I had to meditate for an hour to get over your trolling post! :lol:

Before this thread is over, I predict Gerard Durkhrod will be moving on again... ;)

:lol: I hope not, cause then we might get another thread that ends up like this.

Don't leave DC, at the end of the day we're all just people writing on a forum, lighten up :lol: Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna or any other holy figure including God himself could write here and if we didn't agree we'd say the same stuff to them :lol:

:lol: I hope not, cause then we might get another thread that ends up like this.

ROTFLMAO :D

Why can't he start his own Buddhist thread and all his followers and he can live it up as much as possible without invading other threads and we can always peek n to see how much fun y'all are having?

Hey Vaj, are ye listening? Whaddya think??????

Anyone remember Mak Tin Si and his personal practice section? The above solution worked there :) Perhaps that also highlights that it's more the dogmatic "ism's" TTB tends to take exception to, rather than just reacting to the flavor of the prefix before the "-ism".

Still.......... everyone seems to be having fun and playing nice ^_^

ROTFLMAO :D

Anyone remember Mak Tin Si and his personal practice section? The above solution worked there :) Perhaps that also highlights that it's more the dogmatic "ism's" TTB tends to take exception to, rather than just reacting to the flavor of the prefix before the "-ism".

Still.......... everyone seems to be having fun and playing nice ^_^

Why don't you say goodbye Mal? It's been nine pages now and we've only had two, something of a disappointment really.

It's ok, it doesn't need to be a real goodbye, you can take it back after about ten minutes, when everyone says "awwwww Mal, please dun' go!". :D

Wang, wang, wang? That sounds like something else :rolleyes:

well, well, well. Hey, Taomeow, wasn't Maitreya supposed to be around about now?

As to the anatomy and driving a car, I hear what you are saying, and absolutely nobody I know considers the study of anatomy and kinesthesiology important in the pursuit of well-being. Sounds funny when I say it like that, I guess, but when you are healthy it's true that you don't need medical science, it's irrelevant and possibly harmful.

I myself felt that I didn't have something I needed, I felt that from early on, and although I don't think much has changed about me I don't feel I'm lacking anything anymore. I could use a lot of practice, but it's not clear that there's anything in particular that can be practiced. For me I could not see what I needed without the lotus, and I could not sit the lotus without understanding the relationship of place with the two respirations. For me, the key to it all is activity generated by fascial stretch without the exercise of volition, a subtle reality I learned to look for by reading a book. Not Buddhist, not Taoist, anathema to everyone I know.

Hey, Mr. V., what about the nineth and tenth elements of the eight-fold way?

Edited by Mark Foote

It's already pretty obvious what he thinks. He won't do it. He's a troll and an energy vampire. He wants to share his suffering but he doesn't know that what he's doing. He thinks his annoying others over and over with the same thing is justified because he's helping you find your suffering, and of course it isn't his fault because as he looks down from on high he will tell you that if you're suffering that it's your fault, due to your ignorance, and he wants to help you see that. It is true in a way, but in reality he is instigating it on purpose.

Oh my, I guess you and him should be able to become real good buddies then. .:D

Oh my, I guess you and him should be able to become real good buddies then. .:D

Not really, I'm a master troll, he's just a poseur, and he's go this icky energy, eeeeeyuck! {shuuuddder}.

Wang, wang, wang? That sounds like something else :rolleyes:

:lol:

I didn't think of that!

It's more of an 'o' sound rather than an 'a' sound. As is "oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" :D

OK, I get it, so it's: wong, wong, wong, oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

well, well, well. Hey, Taomeow, wasn't Maitreya supposed to be around about now?

There's a prophet with a yummy name (Cream? Creme? Creme de la Creme? -- something like that) who says that, and his voice is the loudest I've heard, but he didn't strike me as credible and seems whacked out or maybe I misunderstood... in any event, Maitreya of my mysterious introduction was nothing like what I was able to find wherever else I looked. (It's just occurred to me I might tell my Maitreya story in the Personal Practice section...)

For me, the key to it all is activity generated by fascial stretch without the exercise of volition, a subtle reality I learned to look for by reading a book. Not Buddhist, not Taoist, anathema to everyone I know.

Was it "Anatomy Trains" by any chance?:)

My time in this forum has come to an end.

I wish all the best to those who are truly spiritual seekers, to the rest same thing from a fun perspective.

All the best,

Gerard aka Durkhrod Chogori.

thank you, be blessed

Maitreya of my mysterious introduction was nothing like what I was able to find wherever else I looked.

Here is a cryptic clue: Maybe the reason is precisely because you have been looking 'elsewhere'.... :)

You big softee you.

My solution is no one ever says goodbye then.

That way then there's always the possibility and hope they may come back..... like a lost lover! :D

Hehehe. Yeah, I know, I truely am a softee at heart.

Like the song says, "I'll just say so-long because lovers never say goodbye."

I did meet back up with a lost lover once but it could never be as it was because things change, you know.

Peace & Love!

Anyway~ You were born a westerner right? isn't that permanent? like it or not...

I would argue with that understanding. I am a caucasian, born in the US of A. But I have always been a Taoist. It is just that for many years I didn't have a label to put on me. (Maybe it was best that way?)

Peace & Love!

Before this thread is over, I predict Gerard Durkhrod will be moving on again... ;)

I am sure he is going to prove you wrong.

Peace & Love!

Perhaps that also highlights that it's more the dogmatic "ism's" TTB tends to take exception to, rather than just reacting to the flavor of the prefix before the "-ism".

I think that is a given. I am one of those who will almost always argue against dogma. I will never be herded and led arould like a little sheepie, dog barking at my heels. Just leave me alone to drag my tail in the mud.

Peace & Love!

Here is a cryptic clue: Maybe the reason is precisely because you have been looking 'elsewhere'.... :)

Now that is a concept well worth considering. Do we ever find what we are looking for?

Peace & Love!

Now that is a concept well worth considering. Do we ever find what we are looking for?

Peace & Love!

Or does it arrive naturally?

Peace & Love!