Gerard

Time to move on

My time in this forum has come to an end.

I wish all the best to those who are truly spiritual seekers, to the rest same thing from a fun perspective.

All the best,

Gerard aka Durkhrod Chogori.

Have fun M8T.

Hope to meet you in Brisvegas or somewhere else down under one day.

All the best

Mal

I wish all the best to those who are truly spiritual seekers, to the rest same thing from a fun perspective.

All the best,

Sorry to hear, would like to have heard about your upcoming adventures in China.

But may I ask, why the announcement? Why not just move on, or come and go (or not) as you wish?

Oh shit.

now I have no one left who will tell me about TCM food and practices and all kinds of 5E practical stuff.

i will miss you DK. please let me know that you will still take PM from TTB. If not, I get it and wish you all the best anyway/how/where

:wub: :wub:

All the best,

Peace my friend. Hope you decide to return. Not all of us are trickxi.

Sorry to hear, would like to have heard about your upcoming adventures in China.

But may I ask, why the announcement? Why not just move on, or come and go (or not) as you wish?

I had exactly the same reaction. Anyway I think you have your good reasons, durkhrod chogori.

I enjoyed your posts, hope you happen to come by again.

Be well and stay cool!

Possible reasons one may announce they are leaving.

1) We are asked to introduce ourselves; therefore announcing our departure would be customary

2) Allows others to know that your input or direct questions to you will no longer be available

3) Cuts ties/chords

4) Sense of closure for all involved

5) The shadow side- Egoic need for attention/identification (I don't feel this is the case in this instance, but others may wish to pay attention to mirror effect)

6) Good manners :)

Edited by Kameel

It's sad in a way isn't it. He sees the distress caused among the Taoists by some overbearing Buddhists, and so the good Buddhist leaves and the trashing ones stay?

Edited by Starjumper7

It's sad in a way isn't it. He sees the distress caused among the Taoists by some overbearing Buddhists, and so the good Buddhist leaves and the trashing ones stay?

Are you saying you're a Trashing One???

:D:o:D

Guest paul walter

Thanks for your concern for others Gerard. Paul

OK, I will stay :)

Main reason:

It really breaks my hard to see how fleeting is life in general and seeing spiritual people in this forum veering off the main path, which really is liberation from karma and rebirth.

Hey dude, this is a Taoist forum, we don't follow Buddhist beliefs. Well let me tell you, that highly accomplished Chinese hermits happen to be Buddhist as well. Why?Because no matter what practice you follow in the end you will have to deal with the THE MIND.

Now, I am not to keen to discuss spiritual experiences resulting from meditation because that gives a mind another opportunity to grasp to, but hey there are masters out there who do, and I am thinking of Daniel Ingram as the maximum exponent who put a lot of effort to deliver Buddha's insight without the use of endless metaphorical, ancient and poetic language. He also stripped off all the religious dogma.

I don't have his level of attainment because unfortunately I am still dealing with past life karmic issues but I can assure you that his level of insight is truly remarkable. Kudos to him for giving all this advice FOR FREE.

Anyway, back to Taoist stuff, let's enjoy the ride.

Your most humble servant.

DC.

Durkhrod,

This isn't a Taoist or a Buddhist thing. Simply put, most people are not seeking liberation. Most people are seeking to live long, have happiness, increase their power and sense of well-being. Not all Buddhists practice the highest teachings, but rather rely on repeating mantras and praying to Buddhas for the things they want. Taoism and Buddhism each contain an outer skin like this, but each has a vibrant inner core that guides one to liberation.

You shouldn't blame the people because they don't agree with you. If they agreed, then your point of view would be irrelevant. But who knows over the course of years here how many helpful things have been said, how many seeds have been planted that will sprout fruit much, much later and without our knowledge?

The question should never be, why aren't people like so and so, but rather, what do I have to offer?

Matt

Main reason:

It really breaks my hard to see how fleeting is life in general and seeing spiritual people in this forum veering off the main path, which really is liberation from karma and rebirth.