Yoda

tooth regeneration

One other thing that can be of great benefit to gum health is the use of cayenne pepper. In his excellent book 'Curing With Cayenne' Sam Biser interviews master herbalist Dr. Richard Schulze about his dental problems in which Schulze stated that he managed to bring his 9mm pockets down to 2's and 3's using a dental irrigator in which he put drops of cayenne tincture. I don't use an irrigator so I did the next best thing, I use cayenne powder to brush my teeth with (along with the soap). The cayenne DEFINITELY brings blood into the gums, which in turn stregnthens them. In fact I consider the cayenne as important as using the soap.

Recently I found this site that sells a tincture with a combination of cayenne and other great herbs that are supposed to arrest gum problems. This stuff is so great that it has a patent pending. Anyway here it is...

http://www.peri-gum.com/

I've had some bad tooth problems too. I now use a mix of sea-salt cayanne and hydrogin-peroxide 5% sollution in a sort of pasty slurry. Some times I just soak my mouth with a half t-spoon of sea salt that produces alot of saliva I soak my mouth for an hour, spitting out and adding new salt once or twice. Its like brining yr gums and kills EVERYTHING in your mouth. Bacteria can not live in a salty environment.

Sean.

I friend of mine is using Ormus made from Himalyan salt or even Bambus... some from another forum have reported that it is really GREAT for their teeth and a friend of mine says that her recent visit to a dentist has been a major success...

so if you are interested were to get it from I'll let you know

Harry

Lol. Hippy type soap. You brush your teeth with patchouli?

It's like patchouli / hacky sack scented and it's wierd, there are like dreads hanging off of it. :lol:

I friend of mine is using Ormus made from Himalyan salt or even Bambus
I'm interested, sure.

For what its worth, I went to a holistic dentist the other day and he said that it does not matter what you brush your teeth with, just that you use a gentle pressure and brush thoroughly. Toothpicks are fine for removing debris but not for pushing your gums. Also chewing gum is good, it stimulates saliva and helps clean the mouth, xylitol flavored of course.

I think I'll stick to sea salt .I'm pretty sure the properties are much too similar to the Mountain salt for me to get so carried away with where the salt comes from-But the sea salt is very preferable to regular iodized table salt - it is a much better taste.

Bronners makes an almond soap that may be a bit more palatable.?

I use a sandle-wood scented soap made in China-because I eat a head of garlic every day & I think it is just polite to minimize garlicy body odors. As an old hippy I have taken some flack over the years for the un-bathed hippy mystic...Not so much on my own account or habits - which tend to be more Japanese than Height-Ashbury. Cleanliness is just more healthful.

If your teeth hurt there may be a real problem-if you're not a Christian-scientist get a doc to check the chompers .

I couldn't be more pleased with my current toothpaste - Weleda Salt Toothpaste - basically seasalt and herb oils made into a paste. You brush it with a dry brush and a dry mouth and the saliva quickly produces the needed moisture - I get the same feeling of cleanliness afterwards as what you soap guys are suggesting. There is a subtle whitening effect that the salt has and the oil extracts seem to be making my gums look and feel healthy.

Its a commercial brand, but I use the Arm and Hammer with Peroxide. It has fluoride which has gotten a bad wrap here, but its mostly baking soda. It also has a little peroxide which in small amounts is a potent germ killer. I gargle long and thoroughly after I brush, hoping it distributes the soap, salt and peroxide better through my teeth.

My wife flosses daily. I don't. In the book Real Age, flossing adds more years to your life then most things. I'm reading a book Stop Inflammation diet. Its also shows how bacteria slips through sores in your mouth triggering abnormal immune responses, leading to lots of bad things.

When I'm done with Arm and Hammer I'll try a tube of the salt and oils Waleda toothpaste.

Michael

I used to use salt and baking soda, but then switched to my own concuction of olive oil, coconut oil, tea tree oil and a few others, plus some organic silica. After reading this thread I started looking into using soap but most have too many chemicals. I found this in my health food store that I started using twice a day:

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap

All-One Hemp Tea Tree Pure-Catile Soap

Ingredients; Saponified Organic Coconut, Organic Palm & Organic Olive Oils (w/retained Glycerin), Water, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil, Salt, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.

Tooth Soap uses almost the same ingredients only TS tastes better and 6 times more expensive.

After researching into tooth regrowth i realised you need to look at this from two sides- supplements, especially silica and tooth cleaning with oils that support teeth and kill bacteria. Tea Tree Oil is the best for killing stuff.

Another very important component is to use a massaging device with high enough frequency for your gums and bones under them. If you get your hands on an ultra-sound machine, it's a +.

Read: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/200...a-umh062806.php

Later,

Max

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap

All-One Hemp Tea Tree Pure-Catile Soap

Ingredients; Saponified Organic Coconut, Organic Palm & Organic Olive Oils (w/retained Glycerin), Water, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Tea Tree Oil, Salt, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.

Tooth Soap uses almost the same ingredients only TS tastes better and 6 times more expensive.

Tooth Soap doesn't contain glycerin. Glycerin forms a film on the teeth that traps bacteria and prevents remineralization of the enamel, so you don't want to keep putting that coating on twice a day.

Glycerin is usually thought to be desirable in soaps because it makes the skin feel soft, but only because it draws moisture out so that the surface feels smooth. Not a good thing, and I can't imagine it would do any good in one's mouth, in any larger amounts than are normally contained in foods.

-Karen

Tooth Soap doesn't contain glycerin.

Sure they do. All the oils have some glycerin in them 7% - 13%. Read the label carefully.

Ingredients of the tooth soap: Specially formulated soap made from saponified coconut, palm, extra virgin olive oils and pure essential oil. NO added glycerin, sweeteners, silicates (sand), fluoride, dyes, stabilizers or other material that can damage teeth. Certified Kosher by Star-K.

Then they say on Dr. Bronner's soap "Organic Palm & Organic Olive Oils (w/retained Glycerin)", all they mean is they didn't take the glycerin out when they made the soap.

You're right! I just saw the word glycerin on Dr Bronner's and assumed it was added.

Dr Bronner's does seem like a good alternative to Tooth Soap, although pure bar soap that doesn't contain detergents and perfumes would be good too (meaning not the commercial brands).

-Karen

according to Dr Judd, don't use liquid or clear bar soaps. I'm assuming it's due to the glycerin.

Actually Karen, you are right. Glyserin is not good for your teeth, no matter if it's added or as a natural outcome of the soap making process. I should cut down on its use and instead use my own formula that is raw.

Actually Karen, you are right. Glyserin is not good for your teeth, no matter if it's added or as a natural outcome of the soap making process. I should cut down on its use and instead use my own formula that is raw.

No, YOU are. No, YOU are :).. I'm not sure that the small amount of glycerin from the soap-making process is a bad thing. Pure soap without added glycerin doesn't seem to coat the teeth.

And I think most of us need the cleansing action that soap provides. How about cold-processed soap if you want something raw? I always thought it might be fun to make soap myself, but never got past the "might be fun" part.

-Karen

My wife flosses daily. I don't. In the book Real Age, flossing adds more years to your life then most things.

I floss nightly. When I miss a few nights more stuff comes out and it stinks. It only makes sense that removing deacying food from between your teeth will preserve them. It also keeps your breath from smelling as bad.

I floss nightly. When I miss a few nights more stuff comes out and it stinks. It only makes sense that removing deacying food from between your teeth will preserve them. It also keeps your breath from smelling as bad.

Something else that makes a big difference as far as the breath goes is using a tongue scraper. I've been using one for the last 10 years and always scrape after brushing my teeth.

I thought I had a built in tonque scraper. For a few months after I'd brush I'd scrape my tonque between my two teeth. I thought I was giving it a message and removing plaque. When I went to a check up the assistant showed my tonque to the dentist. Apparently I had been scraping off taste buds.

They grow back I'm told. The moral of the story. Tonques don't need heavy duty massage and if you scrape, do it lightly. :P

Michael

Good point Lerner, it's definitely a good idea not to scrape too hard, especially near the base of the tongue where the taste buds are larger.

I use an Ayurvedic tongue scraper. Also Yoda Iv'e read a lot more about the negative effects of supplemental fluoride than the positive ones.

I use Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap with about 1 part soap to 9 parts water, with a small amount of liquid Grapefruit Seed Extract as a preservitive and antimicrobial agent. The dilution prevents the soap from numbing my taste buds.

At first I used 1 drop of soap on a tooth brush and it numbed my sweet tastes buds for about a week. Using the diluted soap produces plenty of soap bubbles and it doesn't numb my taste buds. The mint in the soap makes it taste a lot like toothpaste. I add baking soda once in a while to get a more aggressive brushing experience once in while.

I use the natural soap because I'm leery of the chemicals that are in commercial soaps and the estrogen mimicking affects that many chemicals have. Since the blood supply is so dense in the mouth it's practically like injecting it directly into your blood stream.

If I remember correctly taking 1000 mg of Vit C a day reduces plaque by about 30%.

Heres a question.

How many of us floss?

I don't. :( Well maybe once or twice a week.

Michael