Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

Sifu Terry- Volume 6: Advanced Martial Meditations, it says that its unavailable. Was this ever released? If so, do you plan on having it available soon?

• Like 2

Hello JinlianPai,

Welcome to the FP thread. My comments below in bold:

So this qigong lets one emit blue light!!???!!!!!

I would not say "emit". That term connotes in my mind, volitional control. My entire experience with FP Qigong since 1991 is that the blue light of its Healing Energy manifests of itself, whenever one is practicing the FP meditations correctly or is healing with it. And it it behaves in accord with a Greater Mind than the practitioner's.

--This, too, is a profound characteristic that makes FP Qigong, a spiritual art (to continue answering Pitisukha's question in his post #3010).

If so thats so cool! :lol:

Once you experience the blue light--and it doesn't take all that much practice--its startling reality and consistency in its tangible healing effects is something that you will find to be a whole lot more than cool...but you'll be at a loss for words to describe it.

My question is what does the blue light mean?

Until you have practiced enough FP Qigong to manifest it spontaneously and effortlessly, and directly feel its effects, it has no meaning for you. And the blue light doesn't mean anything to anyone else who hasn't experienced it. Words are not things.

At some point can it be done at will?

by "done" if you mean manifest the visible blue healing light in one's aura or to transfer it to another person with healing effect, the answer is "Yes".

What are some cool exps that you exp with the blue light.(ex - "I was standing in line at walmart and someone bumped into me and I started to get hot and emit blue light.")

As I stated about 2+ years ago on this thread, one of the most delightful side-effects of the FP Qigong is that the blue healing light can not only be felt but can also be "seen" by others (who are not FP practitioners) internally--and with their eyes closed--when an FPCK adept is healing that person. -- and this is another effect that qualifies Flying Phoenix Qigong as a spiritual art.

Such is Flying Phoenix Qigong's bona fide spiritual valence, which stands in blinding contrast to the wide number of mundane calisthenics published on videos these recent years deceptively labeled "Qigong" and made-up by self-proclaimed "energy experts" that do absolutely NOTHING in terms of providing healing effects that can be objectively verified, measured, and repeated (--or even subjectively "verified", no matter how hard the duped practitioner or fanatic wishes or wants to believe that he or she is healing himself with the downstream hokum they've bought into.) This is not to say that FP Qigong is the only Qigong method that effectively promotes self-healing and enables one to heal others. There are, of course, a many powerful and effective Qigong traditions equal to FP Qigong in profundity--such as Tao Tan Pai (Taoist Elixir Method), which I also teach.

I just to wish to remind everyone--especially beginners--that with just 6-9 months of consistent practice of FP Qigong, they will have under their belt an experiential frame-of-reference by which they can evaluate other Qigong methods and meditation systems and be able to tell the precious from the dross. In other words, they will have developed within themselves a most useful "Weird Shit-O-Meter"!

Sifu Terry Dunn

Thank you for your response im taking some time to fully digest everything you said ill give a more detailed response later.

Thankyou again. :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

yesterday while doing 10 minutes of "Monk holding peach" I experienced a slight breeze/wind up through my soles. That was very nice - I haven't experienced that before...

Which exercises can I especially do to help balancing my throat and solar plexus chakra? With the help of kinesiology/energy testing I always get the impression that these two chakras are not balanced... But I don't know yet if this "information" is correct though...

Greetings,

Julian

Sifu Terry- Volume 6: Advanced Martial Meditations, it says that its unavailable. Was this ever released? If so, do you plan on having it available soon?

Hi CMPunk50,

Vol.6 was released in VHS cassette in the late 90's. but I withdrew it in 2003 or so around the time that I came out with the new DVD's vols. 1-5 and Vol.7. I had planned all along toy re-produce Vol.6, but unfortunately, due to the nasty ordeal of litigation I endured for the past 5 years at the hands of dreamworks (over Kung Fu Panda), I never got to make that version. So that's another addition to their karmic debt. If you want to read about this case, it's all at www.kungfupandalawsuit.com.

And be sure to follow the links on my site to these videos on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eat+your+panda+lachance+dreamworks

--and please forward links to all your friends. These clips (1 and 2, especially) need to go viral as the third Kung Fu Panda movie will be coming out in Dec. 2015.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

When "Cloud Hands" is increased in number then "Step Back Dispatch Monkey" should be matched; this ends the form at the original position.

actually I do several 'reverse direction' cloud hands to correct position. This is reverse step commonly done by Chen stylists eg. George Xu. And in fact since we do the Cheng man ching style repulse monkey the step back is much shorter than the side step in cloud hands in my practice.

I do make a practice of doing multiple repulse monkey as an exercise. Helps me keep my stepping with a nice 'channel' as well as the shorter step.

• Like 1

Today I did a review of all the Advanced seated meditations from volume seven. Checking breath sequence as well as the movements.

in the course of reviewing of necessity I had to have my eyes open and watching carefully.

I was surprized at how much qi developed in each abbreviated performance. I had both internal flow and external energy sensations in each posture. I am not recommending this necessarily, just reporting what I experienced.

It was significantly more powerful than I expected

• Like 2

actually I do several 'reverse direction' cloud hands to correct position. This is reverse step commonly done by Chen stylists eg. George Xu. And in fact since we do the Cheng man ching style repulse monkey the step back is much shorter than the side step in cloud hands in my practice.

I do make a practice of doing multiple repulse monkey as an exercise. Helps me keep my stepping with a nice 'channel' as well as the shorter step.

This is an excellent idea and will put this into practise to mix things up. Cheng Man Ch'ing was an amazing person. Thanks for the tip. :D

Today I did a review of all the Advanced seated meditations from volume seven. Checking breath sequence as well as the movements.

in the course of reviewing of necessity I had to have my eyes open and watching carefully.

I was surprized at how much qi developed in each abbreviated performance. I had both internal flow and external energy sensations in each posture. I am not recommending this necessarily, just reporting what I experienced.

The Advanced Monk Serves Wine series is new in my practise and normally about three months is spent on each meditation before moving onto the next. The first meditation was very pleasing, taking about an hour to perform, and some of my best achievements were noticed. Looking forward to the next meditation. :)

• Like 1

Hello to all FP Chi Kung subscribers,

This morning during my personal practice I did the following seated Flying Phoenix seated Meditations following my usual hour-long daily practice of an advanced Tao Tan Pai Neikung exercise and three of the five basic TTP animal Kung Fu forms--monkey, snake and crane:

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 70 50 20 10

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 80 70 50 30

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 60 70 40 5

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 20 40 90 10

This sequence of advanced Monk Serves Wine Meditations caused intensely sublime energization of every cell of the body. When I opened my eyes between each exercise--i.e., between each set of 7 repetitions-- everything in my field of vision appeared in vivid, microscope detail and also "spongey" at the same time.

(the above 4 exercises are all on Vol.7 of the CKFH dvd series)

The seated session was followed by Advanced Flying Phoenix standing meditation Nos. 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 (not published except demo videos of Nos. 5 and 9 on Youtube).

And this was followed by practice of Sections 3, 4, and 8 of Eight Sections of Energy Combined.

Then, 8 hours later, my evening session consisted of:

A. a 90-minute of GM William C.C. Chen's 60-part Yang Tai Chi Form and Yang sword form.

B. Then 3 10,000 Buddhas (standing) Meditations (15 min. total).

C. Then 90 minute practice of Liu He Ba Fa. 4 rounds at varying speeds. My teacher in this art Master Chan Ching Kai in New york, who years ago had recommended doing six rounds of the LHBF Form during each practice session.

D. Red Lotus Flying Phoenix No.1 (a seated meditation form with 30 movements. )

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3

Hi CMPunk50,

Vol.6 was released in VHS cassette in the late 90's. but I withdrew it in 2003 or so around the time that I came out with the new DVD's vols. 1-5 and Vol.7. I had planned all along toy re-produce Vol.6, but unfortunately, due to the nasty ordeal of litigation I endured for the past 5 years at the hands of dreamworks (over Kung Fu Panda), I never got to make that version. So that's another addition to their karmic debt. If you want to read about this case, it's all at www.kungfupandalawsuit.com.

And be sure to follow the links on my site to these videos on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eat+your+panda+lachance+dreamworks

--and please forward links to all your friends. These clips (1 and 2, especially) need to go viral as the third Kung Fu Panda movie will be coming out in Dec. 2015.

Best,

Sifu Terry Dunn

I wish you the best Sifu with this unfortunate event! It's a shame that Volume 6 is not available. Wish the VHS was still available :(

• Like 1

Hello to all FP Chi Kung subscribers,

This morning during my personal practice I did the following seated Flying Phoenix seated Meditations following my usual hour-long daily practice of an advanced Tao Tan Pai Neikung exercise and three of the five basic TTP animal Kung Fu forms--monkey, snake and crane:

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 70 50 20 10

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 80 70 50 30

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 60 70 40 5

Advanced seated MSW with breathing 20 40 90 10

This sequence of advanced Monk Serves Wine Meditations caused intensely sublime energization of every cell of the body. When I opened my eyes between each exercise--i.e., between each set of 7 repetitions-- everything in my field of vision appeared in vivid, microscope detail and also "spongey" at the same time.

(the above 4 exercises are all on Vol.7 of the CKFH dvd series)

The seated session was followed by Advanced Flying Phoenix standing meditation Nos. 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 (not published except demo videos of Nos. 5 and 9 on Youtube).

And this was followed by practice of Sections 3, 4, and 8 of Eight Sections of Energy Combined.

Then, 8 hours later, my evening session consisted of:

A. a 90-minute of GM William C.C. Chen's 60-part Yang Tai Chi Form and sword form.

B. Then 3 10,000 Buddhas (standing) Meditations (15 min. total).

C. Then 90 minute practice of Liu He Ba Fa. 4 rounds at varying speeds. My teacher in this art Master Chan Ching Kai in New york, years ago had recommended six rounds of practice each time.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Red Lotus Flying Phoenix No.1

What is eight sections of energy combined? Forgive me if this is a stupid question... I had a long day of work, and my brain is hardly working tonight.

• Like 2

Sifu Terry

is the Tao Tan Pai Neikung available to learn ?

Do you have to be trained in kung fu to learn it ?

Michael Milner in Tampa FL teaches TTP of Master Lew K. Share in weekly classes. He has offered to teach some things on Skype but he is so busy that he is unreliable to follow up on this Skype version I have found.

Dear Sifu Terry,

I had a question for me and maybe other FP practitioners about not being able to do DVD 3 & 4 due to back issues.

For myself, I've had lower back issues for the last 6 months, went away but came back after doing too much forward bending.

I don't know when my back is going to be perfectly fine again but only being able to practise DVD 1, 2, 5 & 7 for now how much could I progress with this system?

As well, I believe I read somewhere that the healing energy generated by this system goes wherever its needed. I assume it could do wonders for lower back problems with diligent practise?

Have a great day everyone,

Ben

Can anyone tell me which monk serves wine is the one thats good for sleeping ?

I have tried looking but this thread is so long now its hard to find !

Hi ronko,

It is the 50-20-10 meditation in the vol. 7

Best,

Can anyone tell me which monk serves wine is the one thats good for sleeping ?

I have tried looking but this thread is so long now its hard to find !

• Like 3

Hey Folks

An update: I start with the 3 month. When I get up MSW 3 and In the evening two standing from Volume 1 or 3 and 2 seated meditations of Volume 2 or the 1st of Volume 7.

Changes: Bright eyes, moments of deep relaxation in everyday life. During meditation, I feel that I relax so deeply that it resembles sleep. But the movement goes on (Cool).

Have nice day

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

After a long hiatus, I have been back practicing FP consistently and more intensely than I have in the past - OMG, I am amazed now more than ever at the overt effects I'm getting within one or two days of re-engaging in the practice.

Currently, I've been doing Flash meds, MSW series and the long form in the morning. Now I have noticed in the past that when I practiced that my sympathetic stress response was *much* more modulated and improved. But now, I have easily seen the most dramatic effect of FP on my physiology, greater than any other practice/herbal supplement I've taken in years past (surpassing even ginseng in it's effects).

Now, the way I'm wired I've always dealt with the issue of sweating like a fountain when I get excited and in particular as I lecture in classes. I've tried clinical antiperspirants, ginseng, and other herbal supplements in the past, as well as different qigongs over the years, all with little to no effect on my sympathetic over-response. Now, for the first time in memory, I hardly perspire and I'm completely amazed, a total night-and-day difference, all as a result of re-engaging in FP. I'm even more amazed at the speed with which these effects take hold. I restarted practice last Monday and the effects took hold within a day. Now, as long as I do the practice, my new baseline is maintained. I'm still shaking my head with a big smile:)

Once again, many thanks out to you, Sifu Terry, for passing this practice on to us as well as for all your encouragment and advice.

Best and Big Ups out to you all,

R

• Like 2

Sifu Terry

Hello Ronko,

So very sorry for the long delay in replying to your question. I've had a very hectic past 2 weeks with work, teaching and traveling last weekend out of town. I am still catching up.

Here answers to your question (in blue):

Yes, there are several teachers of the Tao Tan Pai system besides myself. This list is not all inclusive but just to the best of my knowledge and consist of classmates and senior school brothers from the 70's and 80's: my friend and classmate Hugh Morison teaches 31 TTP Meditations ("Cloud Hands") in central L.A. on Wednesday nights. Bill Helm, Director of the Taoist Sanctuary of San Diego, is able to teach TTP, but i don't know if he currently is teaching a TTP program. Sifu Todd Takeuchi, who I think is in San Diego, CA, a senior student of Share K. Lew, teaches Tao Tan Pai and its nei kung system. My senior school brother Bruce Eichelberger, who I believe is in Arizona, is pretty fully versed in the TTP Neikung.

No and yes. To the learn the basic level of the TTP Neikung, the 31 basic meditations collectively called "Cloud Hands", one does NOT have to have a Kung Fu background. But it certainly helps as many of the 31 are done in horse stance and bow stance and wuchi-like positions. One can also learn the "Shen Exercises" without having a kung fu background. But again, it certain helps because all the Shen exercises are done in a horse-riding stance (ma-bu).

In order to learn the more advanced levels of the TTP Neikung beyond the Shen Exercises--i.e., the 9 Flowers (or 9 Forms), the Six Stars, and the most powerful Five Dragons, one has to do the Kung Fu in order to get wholesome results from the Neikung. There may have been one exception to this general rule in my experience.

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

One thing that really boosted my TCC was increasing the number of repetitions of 'cloud hands, wave hands in clouds' . Those extra few movements were quite productive.

I get a good deal of energy out of just doing cloud hands for 5 min & or the 'cradling move' from FPCH.

Hi Charlie,

Yes, doing lots and lots--i.e., infinite amounts over a long period of time--of Cloud Hands and its phase-shifted cousin in FP Long Standing Form that thou call the "cradling" is most essential to accelerate progress in Tai Chi for all practitioners--from absolute beginners to advanced adepts. My first teaching in Yang Tai Chi, Master Abraham Liu said that "in the old days, Tai Chi people would do "Wave Hands Like Clouds" in the bow stance and Wu Chi stance until it unlocked all the martial applications of Tai Chi Chuan." In so many words, "Cloud Hands" is like the Rosetta Stone", a key that unlocks almost everything. The same is true in the Bok Fu Pai family of arts. As I just recently saw a private video compendium of Tibetan Burning Palm by my Sihing, Garry Hearfield, and in it, he does Cloud Hands at every height of stance, at all speeds with all imaginable types of focus.

Hope to see you again soon when you come to L.A. again.

Best,

Sifu Terry

• Like 2

Hello Everyone,

After a long hiatus, I have been back practicing FP consistently and more intensely than I have in the past - OMG, I am amazed now more than ever at the overt effects I'm getting within one or two days of re-engaging in the practice.

Currently, I've been doing Flash meds, MSW series and the long form in the morning. Now I have noticed in the past that when I practiced that my sympathetic stress response was *much* more modulated and improved. But now, I have easily seen the most dramatic effect of FP on my physiology, greater than any other practice/herbal supplement I've taken in years past (surpassing even ginseng in it's effects).

Now, the way I'm wired I've always dealt with the issue of sweating like a fountain when I get excited and in particular as I lecture in classes. I've tried clinical antiperspirants, ginseng, and other herbal supplements in the past, as well as different qigongs over the years, all with little to no effect on my sympathetic over-response. Now, for the first time in memory, I hardly perspire and I'm completely amazed, a total night-and-day difference, all as a result of re-engaging in FP. I'm even more amazed at the speed with which these effects take hold. I restarted practice last Monday and the effects took hold within a day. Now, as long as I do the practice, my new baseline is maintained. I'm still shaking my head with a big smile:)

Once again, many thanks out to you, Sifu Terry, for passing this practice on to us as well as for all your encouragment and advice.

Best and Big Ups out to you all,

R

Hello Rene,

You're very welcome. And I'm so glad to hear that you got dramatic and concrete allostatic results within a day of coming back to FPCK practice. Yes, the mediative process contained in FP Qigong will modulate the sympathetic stress response by retraining the body's sympathetic nervous system to recognize what is a real physical threat that requires "flight or flight" and what is not a real threat. What does not require switching on "fight or flight" response are unreal, imagined, delusional or misperceived threats. The healing effects of FP Qigong will undo the stress caused by a hyper-sensitive or unrealistic stress response. And in the process of healing that stress to the body, the body naturally learns that the stimulus or stimuli that caused the stress response is an unreal threat. Then the nervous system "learns" not to fire that stress response again when the same stimuli occurs. Stage fright or any type of performance anxiety can be well-managed by FP qigong practice. But actually, the most effective cure for performance anxiety and all its related symptoms and behaviors is a good and competent hypnotherapy.

Welcome back to FP Qigong and welcome back to the thread. Thanks for your update and glowing review of FP Qigong's latent effects that come with basic practice after a hiatus. After establishing a basic practice in FP Qigong, sometimes when you leave the FP alone and come back to it after a while makes you realize in dramatic fashion how effective it is. I've found that to be true of all of the internal arts under the Bok Fu Pai / Doo Wai Family umbrella.

Enjoy your practice.

Sifu Terry

• Like 1

Cloud hands ... at this point I should be including cloud hands as a practice and keeping a little notice of how long and often i do it each day..

i have regained my ability to do the chen style CH smoothly

Hi ronko,

It is the 50-20-10 meditation in the vol. 7

Best,

Thanks for directing Ronko to "the sleeper" FP meditation on Vol. 7!

I am 3/10 through teaching an accredited 20-hour "Chi Concentration" course for a semester at the best acupuncture college in Southern California (imho). 35% of the course is Tao Tan Pai Neikung (the Basic 31 meditations called "Cloud Hands" [not to be confused with the Tai Chi technique] and 65% of each class is basic FP Qigong.)

I will be teaching the class "The Sleeper" next week. It is already tried, tested, and proven as an effective restful sleep-inducer.

Best,

Sifu Terry

Edited by zen-bear

Hi Charlie,

Sorry to take so long to respond to your post. But Mercury retrograde is the primary culprit behind the slowness.

Glad to hear that the Advanced seated FP Meditations on Vol.7 surprised you with their level of energization. As I have stated throughout this thread, the Flying Phoenix is a complete SYSTEM of Qigong in which all the effects are cumulative and the more advanced exercises have greater and more profound energization and rejuvenating effects than the preceding basic ones.

Also, as I've stated earlier in the thread, in the DVD series, I have presented the FP Qigong Meditations--both standing and seated--in the exact order in which I was taught by GM Doo Wai in 1991-1992.

Finally, another recapitulation for those working their way up through Volumes 4, 5, and 7: as reported by Fu-Doggy about a year or so ago and confirmed by me based on my same experience since the 90's: two of the "Monk Serves Wine" mediations in Volume 7 when done back-to-back as they are presented in the DVD will sooner or later effect brain activation and will almost immediately cause a revitalization of one's hair. They are the ones with breathing sequences;

80 70 50 30 and 70 50 20 10

Both meditations have beautiful and powerful movements.

All of the Volume 7 FP Mediations combined take the practitioner to deeper levels of "absorption"--i.e., absorption of At-Onement. In other words, they facilitate the experience of samadhi, which are spiritual states of consciousness.

Enjoy!

Sifu Terry.

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

What is eight sections of energy combined? Forgive me if this is a stupid question... I had a long day of work, and my brain is hardly working tonight.

Hello CMPunk50,

Not a stupid question. I think I might have described 8 Section Combined once during the first year of this thread in a few postings exchanged with my sihing, Sifu Garry Hearfield.

Eight Sections of Energy Combined (Bot Dim Gum in Cantonese) is an extremely rare internal martial art that I learned from GM Doo Wai. It is not a Bok Fu Pai art that he inherited from his father and ancestors but a complete Kung Fu system that he learned from a monk at the Goddess of Mercy Buddhist Temple on Macao. And it has nothing to do with and has no relation to the art called "8 Brocades". While the 8 Sections combined art comes through a Buddhist tradition, GM Doo Wai stated that he is most certain that the art actually originated at Wudang because he said that it "just has that flavor and feel to it." And by "flavor and feel," he meant "alchemic flavor and feel" to it.

For Eight Sections of Energy Combined is a complete martial art that cultivates what FM Doo Wai called the "hard-soft geng" (which he contested with Tai Chi's energy by describing the latter as the "smooth-round geng"), which also has the unique quality of being able to be transmitted through organic fiber like cotton and wood. The art is basically comprised of 8 very different and complex Kung Fu forms, each one cultivates a unique type of energy of "geng", and when all 8 types of energy are mastered, the Combined Energy has extraordinary qualities, to say the least. There is also a preparatory exercise that looks like a form but is not really a form, according to GM Doo Wai. The system is empowered and completed by six powerful Neikung exercises, five of which are standing moving meditations and one of which is done in "dragon drop" seated position and takes 15-20 minutes to complete.

It is one of the kung fu styles briefly alluded to in the Tsui Hark movie, "Once Upon A Time in China, Part 2", starring Jet Li and Donnie Yen. 8 sections energy is depicted by Donnie Yen's character in the first encounter between Jet Li's character Wong Fei Hung and the police constable played by Donnie Yen--when he turns a large water-soaked rolled-up piece of cotton into a staff and fights WFH with it, and in the last encounter when Wong Fei Hung defeats the constable by lightly brushing a short, broken and splintered piece of bamboo across his neck. (The first scene definitely depicts BDG Energy. The last feat by WFH in the climactic battle scene can actually represent a number of internal martial arts; 8 Sections of Energy Combined is definitely one of them.)

Regards,

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1