Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

OK, another effect of FPCK - and at least one other moving med of the same lineage is building tolerance for humid heat.

For the first time ever, temperature and humidity inside our house reached to levels where one cannot make a simple move without a shower of perspiration. 

Moving med 50 20 10, although feels warm, kind of dries the environment so sweating stops while practicing, with no fan or ac working. Monk holding pearl while lying down hands on below navel actually feels cool and lets to sleep with dramatic dreams. Hands on solar plexus, it has a similar drying effect like the moving med and finally generates some blue inner mist. 

Another moving non FPCK med of the Doo Family literally builds up a different climate around which I never experienced before, quite amazing...

These effects dissipate a short time after finishing with three breaths. 

Happy practicing

• Like 3

I realized from reading the thread that something important for FP is good levels of sleep and food. I'm currently a training doctor who has to sometimes go on few hours of sleep and little food when I go through hospital rounds. When I get back from hospital I'm usually drained of energy and can easily fall into a nap. Besides, I need to spend lots of time post-hospital studying and handling other personal stuff. I find it difficult to devote 1 hour to FP meditation - if I could only devote 35 minutes to FP on my weekdays, what would be the best exercises to do? Also, would FP be useless if I couldn't catch that much sleep?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taoguy said:

I realized from reading the thread that something important for FP is good levels of sleep and food. I'm currently a training doctor who has to sometimes go on few hours of sleep and little food when I go through hospital rounds. When I get back from hospital I'm usually drained of energy and can easily fall into a nap. Besides, I need to spend lots of time post-hospital studying and handling other personal stuff. I find it difficult to devote 1 hour to FP meditation - if I could only devote 35 minutes to FP on my weekdays, what would be the best exercises to do? Also, would FP be useless if I couldn't catch that much sleep?

You might experiment with Monk holding pearl in supine position before going to sleep, just be alert to end it when sleep signs approach or dont forget to end it if you realize you have fallen to sleep 😄 Resting times are excellent for cultivation mileage and may bring in the sleep needed with no other arrangement. 

Also the short standing meds take much less time and effort, and go easy on extra fuel required.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say FP is "useless" with lack of sleep, but its effectiveness does get impacted. 

If you already know the long form, try to do that at least once daily. If not, as Cihan said, MHP is great while supine. I'd add the flash meditations too if you have them. Just do as much as you can and don't rush--you'll develop and practice what you need over time. Don't force it (speaking from firsthand experience).

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Hi, i was wondering if there are any specific meditations that could help with IBS or digestive issues. Also any meditations that could help ones brain recover from addictions. I know the energy cultivated seems to have its own innate intelligence and goes where it is needed, but also specific meditation works on different areas, all a mystery to me.

I remember Terry saying that doing at least three of the monk serves wine meditations 7 reps or more each will set the brain back into healing mode. Can anyone explain this to me more, also does this included the first 3 meditations on DVD 2 which i think are warmup meditations...also if its a meditation where reps cant be measured then how many minimum minutes is it to get this effect.

Also instead of doing three different meditations can one do the same meditation just three times longer?

Also what is the energies relation to sored Jing and Chi. Because it seems to me the more Jing/chi i already have the more energy i manifest... the most energy i manifested was after doing all of DVD 1 and being on the last meditation a cloud of chi moved to my left jaw (which cracks allot) and seemed to be healing it, im sure i had more built up chi/jing.

Sorry if these questions have been answered already.

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 21.6.2017 at 11:17 PM, phil48 said:

Edit: Could there be a chance that the DVDs (i am missing Vol.7.. so especially this DVD ;-) )will be uploaded on a streaming service or be sold as a download at some time in the future?Even though the DVD would be very well worth the money, but as I am from Europe  and just a poor student this could save me some delivery charges I guess :D

I'm in the same situation as phil, so it'd be great for me as well.
I searched the thread and Sifu Terry said that he is working on getting the DVDs uploaded on vimeo.
Is this still the case and it's just a matter of time? 

Wishes you the best

Echo

Edited by Echo

I know for countries other than the USA it makes sense to have digital download. But I now prefer dvds because I can then use VCL media player to get rid of the mirroring so I can learn the movements easier. I don't know how to get rid of mirroring using downloads, so I no longer order any downloads. So I think it is a good idea that both formats be offered still.

VLC can do the same thing whether it's DVDs, VCDs, or downloads. Just drag and drop the file to the VLC program or manually open it from the file tab. Definitely opening things up from the website via streaming or private Vimeo password access would be helpful for every release, and I would jump to get more there. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 1:51 AM, Earl Grey said:

I wouldn't say FP is "useless" with lack of sleep, but its effectiveness does get impacted. 

If you already know the long form, try to do that at least once daily. If not, as Cihan said, MHP is great while supine. I'd add the flash meditations too if you have them. Just do as much as you can and don't rush--you'll develop and practice what you need over time. Don't force it (speaking from firsthand experience).

Thanks for the MHP supine trick! It helped a lot. I'd also get into my car (in the carpark) and do a short MHP meditation during short breaks since there isn't any other place in the hospital which is a good place.

I have just learnt the Long Form FP and I can feel a very refreshing effect, wow. May I know if I need to learn the other previous meditations for a few months before I do the Long Form? I realized that I learnt the Long Form FP pretty quickly, just that I might have a few slight postural differences, which I'm slowly picking out and correcting by rewatching the videos repeatedly.

----

One thing curious that I've noticed is that I actually feel the effects when doing the forms without even doing the breath percentages!! For example, just practicing the Long Form FP made me feel as if my body was flooded with a lot of cooling energy.

I'd also think of doing MHP and suddenly I'd get this wave of cooling energy again.

Of course it gets far more intense after doing the meditations with the percentages and all, but thought this was quite weird, given that I didn't do the breath percentages while learning but still got the effect. I noticed that when I was warming up by practicing the moves without the breath percentages, I had these effects.

I'd add that I always do the 3 breaths before and after without fail.

----

Another thing is that I've realized I can see whitish tinges around people. I'm not sure if that's the aura or just light bouncing off them. The colors appear a little grayish on some people. But I'm not sure if it's just complementary color to the clothes they are wearing or the colours of the walls.

----

I'd add too that I've been doing Spring Forest Qigong for nearly a year before trying FP. The effects are slightly different but FP seems to have a very lasting effect. Both appear to have some kind of 'top-down bliss', if that makes sense.

Edited by taoguy

23 hours ago, taoguy said:

Thanks for the MHP supine trick! It helped a lot. I'd also get into my car (in the carpark) and do a short MHP meditation during short breaks since there isn't any other place in the hospital which is a good place.

I have just learnt the Long Form FP and I can feel a very refreshing effect, wow. May I know if I need to learn the other previous meditations for a few months before I do the Long Form? I realized that I learnt the Long Form FP pretty quickly, just that I might have a few slight postural differences, which I'm slowly picking out and correcting by rewatching the videos repeatedly.

Another user here learned Long Form first, then went back and learned the earlier forms afterwards, feeling effects both times and loving the system still. You can learn in any order, but there's nothing wrong with sticking to the DVD order too. 

----

One thing curious that I've noticed is that I actually feel the effects when doing the forms without even doing the breath percentages!! For example, just practicing the Long Form FP made me feel as if my body was flooded with a lot of cooling energy.

I'd also think of doing MHP and suddenly I'd get this wave of cooling energy again.

Sifu Terry has mentioned that FP energy is very cool. 

Of course it gets far more intense after doing the meditations with the percentages and all, but thought this was quite weird, given that I didn't do the breath percentages while learning but still got the effect. I noticed that when I was warming up by practicing the moves without the breath percentages, I had these effects.

I'd add that I always do the 3 breaths before and after without fail.

Excellent. Keep on it.

----

Another thing is that I've realized I can see whitish tinges around people. I'm not sure if that's the aura or just light bouncing off them. The colors appear a little grayish on some people. But I'm not sure if it's just complementary color to the clothes they are wearing or the colours of the walls.

I'd say it's a sign of developing some sort of sensitivity to noticing qi fields. I can do this as well, and many practitioners report this too.

----

I'd add too that I've been doing Spring Forest Qigong for nearly a year before trying FP. The effects are slightly different but FP seems to have a very lasting effect. Both appear to have some kind of 'top-down bliss', if that makes sense.

Both are fantastic systems.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Another user here learned Long Form first, then went back and learned the earlier forms afterwards, feeling effects both times and loving the system still. You can learn in any order, but there's nothing wrong with sticking to the DVD order too. 

Thanks I'll keep doing the Long Form for now first then! I realized that when I did the Long-Form, it was really intense and powerful as compared to the previous meditations. Very rejuvenating.

Sifu Terry has mentioned that FP energy is very cool. 

Excellent. Keep on it.

It really is very cooling. I can't remember where I read it off a post in this thread, but did someone or Sifu Terry mention that the energy we receive in FP is linked to a certain bodhisattva? (other than Samathabhadra)

----

Second question (I apologise for so many questions): When doing Long-Form, do you end one rep of the long-form with 3 breaths then restart with the breathing formula and another rep? Or do you just continue from the last step of the long-form and do the next rep?

---

Third question: I realized there was a mention of going through the four jhanas in FP qigong. I am wondering if the fruit that indicates successful fourth jhana is included in this - which is clairaudience, clairvoyance, knowing of rebirth of beings, and the mind-made body to project into various worlds like the Brahma worlds and beyond (Source: Samannaphala Sutta DN2 ).

--

PS: Upon reading the past history of the thread, I realized that there are many references to Guan Yin or Avalokitesvara. This is very strange, because I remember that I was memorising and chanting the Great Compassion Mantra when I was on Guard Night Duty as a sentry in the Army. I remember chanting it to the point where my entire mind absorbed in it and there was internal light. Also, I chant the Cundi Mother Buddha's dharani (another form of Guan Yin). The internal light from chanting again happened. I just thought this was a strange coincidence.

PPS: Also, I once begged Nan Huai Jin and Avalokitesvara in spirit to guide me towards a right and sure path to enlightenment. NHJ's legend is that he once put his hand down onto the earth in Emei Shan (Omei mountain) and asked Samathabhadra for a sign if it was correct for him to make his purpose spreading and reinforcing the Chinese Culture. The recorded witnesses all said it was initially as dark as night, and that the sky suddenly poured down a brilliant light. Nearly all the students who were with him were taken aback. So from this multiple-witness account itself, I am absolutely willing to believe that Samanthabhadra is truly a patron saint of Ehrmei shan, and I do believe that I was guided here. Technically, I was first guided to Spring forest qigong, where I adopted the practice of 'om mani padme hung' and then subsequently was led to flying phoenix by an anonymous online friend whom I cherish very much as a Dharma brother.

Edited by taoguy

On 6/26/2017 at 9:06 AM, taoguy said:

Dear Sifu Terry, 

Just adding onto my previous post on the best thing to focus on.

I was wondering for the sitting meditations, is it better to remain in half-lotus? Or should we do full-lotus if we are able to sit in that? If so, would right in front of left be better? Thank you, and much appreciated for your teachings.

H TaoGuy,

If you can assume the full-lotus position, then by all means use it.  Half-lotus lotus is sufficient and is the posture that GM Doo Wai taught my peers and myself to use as well as to his more students in the 1990's who helped him teach us.

Good practicing.

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 11:44 PM, cihan said:

OK, another effect of FPCK - and at least one other moving med of the same lineage is building tolerance for humid heat.

For the first time ever, temperature and humidity inside our house reached to levels where one cannot make a simple move without a shower of perspiration. 

Moving med 50 20 10, although feels warm, kind of dries the environment so sweating stops while practicing, with no fan or ac working. Monk holding pearl while lying down hands on below navel actually feels cool and lets to sleep with dramatic dreams. Hands on solar plexus, it has a similar drying effect like the moving med and finally generates some blue inner mist. 

Another moving non FPCK med of the Doo Family literally builds up a different climate around which I never experienced before, quite amazing...

These effects dissipate a short time after finishing with three breaths. 

Happy practicing

Hello Cihan,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of FP Qigong exercises and other non-FP Meditation under extreme conditions of heat and humidity.  I just returned from a medical qigong symposium at the Eastover Estate & Retreat in western Massachusetts where the weather was warm and humid, and I felt similar cooling-drying out of one's internal environment such that one did not perspire as much.  Because FP Qigong and the other Bok Fu Pai internal arts induce allostasis, that is why I believe the body adapts optimally and perfectly to environmental stressors such as heat and humidity, and during wintertime, severe cold and dryness.

The big--really big--and very rare Nei Kung system that GM Doo Wai also taught me (and two other classmates) called "10,000 Buddhas Ascend to Heaven" (10,000 Buddhas' Meditation for short)--consisting of 54 Meditations-- generates a different climate around oneself that is different from the FP Qigong blue aura/electric field.  It is palpable and people feel it instantly the moment the practitioner enters a room. And they feel it without the practitioner having to consciously project or extend one's energy field using shen.  Profound and remarkable.

Happy Practicing!

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

On 7/7/2017 at 8:32 PM, taoguy said:

I realised at least two reactions, one is my bodies own, when I practice, regardless of breath %.

The other reaction is like alchemy, meets and unites the heavenly enamation starting after breath percentage and transform the first reaction to something else. 

In my very limited opinion, meds of FP without breath % is like generic energetic martial forms. The fun starts when the heavenly enamation starts and discovers your form 😄

Edited by cihan
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2017 at 11:44 PM, cihan said:

Edited by zen-bear
Duplicate post. Deleted.

I want to take a break from answering questions and discussing Flying Phoenix Qigong practice and its effects for a second to recommend one of the best movies on human potential made in decades--if not ever made:

"Use weapon."
"Louise has weapon that breaks time."
                                        -- "Abbott", the heptapod alien

I so thoroughly enjoyed Denis Villeneuve's beautiful film, "Arrival", during a flight out east two weeks ago to present at a medical Qigong symposium in Lenox, MA that as soon as i got back to town yesterday, I viewed a few of the Youtube reviews and explanations of this brilliantly crafted, non-linear story.  Here is the best summary of the story that I found, imho, which happens to be one of the lesser-viewed reviews, ironically. (Warning--plenty of spoilers in this video.  So don't view if you haven't seen this yet).

I found the film most inspiring in so many ways. First as a teacher of several systems of Qigong and Chinese meditative arts, I know that "the weapon that Louise has that breaks time" is not science fiction at all but an intrinsic, fundamental human potential that can be activated and developed through yogic training. Also, as a life-long repetitive reader and student of Alfred J. Korzybsky's 2,000 page tome on general semantics, "Science and Sanity" (which is the study of language on physiology), I just ate the linguistic underpinnings of this story up: that the language we speak upholds the reality that we see and experience. After she learns from the aliens through their language how to time travel, the story's heroine, "Louise Banks" played by Amy Adams, exercises her free will to a most dramatic extent in a number of ways.

There also were several key nuances of the story that I failed to pick up or think through--such as the huge, huge sacrifice that the alien heptapod "Abbott" decides to make in order to save Amy Adams' character and Jeremy Renner's character in order to complete the aliens' beneficent mission. Writer Eric Heisserer in this video explains how the aliens' lifespan is vast, spanning millenia and that the death of one of them is significant to an extreme.

Anyway, imao, "Arrival" is the best sci-fi movie made in decades, which turns the genre on its ear and sublimally schools the viewer that all of humankind has the potential to fold time--time being a linguistic construct that keeps the species generally in ignor-ance of--and effectively blind to--the Infinite Event.

While I teach Chinese alchemy such as FP Qigong and Tao Tan Pai Kung Fu, I am a spiritualist only on rare occasions--when I am contacted by spirits on supramundane planes.  Thus in the last 20 years I have time-travelled only on rare occasions--when I practiced certain Tao Tan Pai, Ehrmeishan White Tiger and Flying Phoenix meditations or when there was an urgent necessity. But  I remember that I frequently fell face-first onto the Akashic record during my early training years in Tao Tan Pai nei kung-- which were very exciting-- from the late 70's through the early 1980's) and also did lots of scrying--especially after my colleagues and I at the Taoist Sanctuary in Los Angeles made marvelous use of a "press-bench"-- after this rather mysterious piece of yogic furniture was delivered to our doorstep by a very, very psychic chiropractor and we figured out how to use it.  In contrast to my very seldomly slipping into a time-folding mode these days--now only once in a blue moon:  I have one full-time spiritualist friend who regularly folds time in his holy service work.  Like day in and day out.

Apart from my mentor in alchemy and all supramundane phenomena, I have an old Tai Chi student whose mother started out as a hobbyist in western hermetic philosophy and was naturally so good at reading tarot that her teacher at a class at the community college ultimately tapped her as her successor...which she refused at first because she she didn't want to have the responsibility of informing clients--and others designated by the Universe--exactly when their loved ones were to die.  This, btw, is exactly one of the types of knowledge that Louise in "Arrival" had to learn how to use.  But my friend's mother eventually overcame her fears of doing her Karma Yoga and just did it.

Anyone else experience or sense the movie "Arrival" as a spiritual catalyst?

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 7

To the Flying Phoenix Qigong Community:

NOT TO BE MISSED!  Only two weeks until the

Flying Phoenix Celestial Healing Qigong workshop at the beautiful Eastover Estate and Retreat in Lenox, MA--from July 27 to 30.   Eastover is a newly renovated 85-year old Gilded Age estate on 600 acres in the Berkshires, now dedicated to Chinese holistic health practices.

This will be the first time I am teaching a residential Flying Phoenix Qigong retreat outside of California in 20 years!   The last residential workshop was September 1997 at the Benedictine Center of St. Paul!    (Reason known by those closest to me).  

What better way to enjoy the high season in the Berkshires than in deep immersive practice (8 hours per day for three days of Flying Phoenix Qigong!).  

Get all the form corrections that you can possibly absorb during this intensive and you will be well on your way to mastering the first level of Flying Phoenix Qigong.  The tuition for these 3-day retreat providing a total of 24 hours of immersive FP Qigong training is only $240.  (btw, that's how much one would pay for an online tutorial with me lasting 1 hour and 5 minutes!).

REGISTER TODAY:    http://www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

CKFH DVD Opening Shots composite.jpg

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting that video on Arrival - I loved the movie when I watched it but I was mostly enjoying it as a good, thought-provoking scifi and didn't go too deep into some of the philosophical ramifications, especially from a Daoist perspective.

Two things in particular struck me when I watched the explanation video - the first was their discussion of death, and how the sacrifice of the alien's life was all the greater because the alien has a longer life span and a non-linear perception of time. But I feel this raises the question of how an entity with a non-linear conception of time can truly die? It seems to me that death is a point reached in a line, by common definition at least.

Wouldn't a completely non-linear perception of time be a form of immortality (although a limited one, since your awareness would still be constricted to your span along time)? And would you relate this possibility to the conception of immortality in Daoist philosophy? (I have read multiple sources which claim that the further one deepens one's consciousness, the more it expands out not only into the spiritual dimension but the temporal dimension - perhaps this could be interpreted as a lesser manifestation of the phenomena you describe, and which are integral to the movie).

The second was maybe somewhat minor, but I found it interesting anyway :P I saw the depiction of the Alien's script, and immediately it brought to mind the Taiji spiral symbol on the cover of the DDJ I have next to my keyboard.

8150e7bb4d.png

bce4e3dee39b6a4ec575e52c3b6753d3.jpg

Coincidence?

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 4

On 7/11/2017 at 0:51 AM, SeekerOfHealing said:

Where I can contact to study with you personally? I would like inherent those rare styles so we can keep them going. 

Hello SeekerOfHealing,

I am based in Los Angeles but will be spending some time in Lenox, MA teaching workshops in FP Qigong as detailed in the above post.  And I will be leading more workshops in the future.

If you cannot attend a workshop or come to L.A. to train, I have also been teaching FP Qigong and the foundations of other healing and martial arts via private online tutorials using Skype and Facetime.  Send PM to me if you are interested.  My outside email address is [email protected]

Thanks for your interest and inquiry.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 3

I had an absolute blast teaching 3 sessions of Flying Phoenix Qigong and one of Tai Chi Chuan at the Medical Qigong and Eastern Medicine Symposium at Eastover Estate & Retreat, Lenox, MA last 2 weeks ago June 27-30 Wed.--aka, "meetings with remarkable men (and women)" such as Master Li Junfeng, former coach of China's National Wushu Team for a decade and master of Ba Gua Zhang & Sheng Zhen Healing Qigong and other arts [in first photo in black shirt] (who also, btw, trained Donnie Yen when his mother, Master Bow Sim Mark, shipped him off to China in 1981, I recall) , the prolific Wushu Master Jianye Jiang (Yellow tshirt), Empty Vessel-- Journal of Contemporary Taoism editor Solala Towler, herbalist Jampa Stewart, women's qigong expert Daisy Lee, and intutive healer Dame Lee Wai Ching.  My presentations of FP Qigong went super-sublime, as the Flying Phoenix fliew far, very far.

A DEAL LIKE NO OTHER:

Be sure to come to this gloriously beautiful retreat center in the Berkshires for my two upcoming three-day residential retreats, from July 27-30 and from August 29 to September 1 this year to advance your FP Qigong practice  a quantum level.  The workshop provides immersive, 8 hours of Flying Phoenix Meditation instruction per day times three days, which amounts to approximately 24 hours of FP Meditation practice.  And all for the very affordable, rock-bottom tuition fee of $240 for the workshop.  (My private lesson fee in-person and online for FP Qigong is now $240 per hour.  [Very lucky are those online and in-person private students who started with me when my fee was 25% less and unchanged for some 15 years.]   So for the same price of getting 1 hour of my private FP Qigong instruction, at these workshops you will receive 24 hours of training and invaluable form corrections, plus demonstrations of healing with the FP Energy.

http://www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

Be there or be square in missing out on 24 hours of FP Qigong training, thereby remaining less-than-optimally infused--or uninfused--with the Flying Phoenix Healing Qi!

Sifu Terence Dunn

P.S.  Photos below are of the wonderful Master Li Junfeng, former head coach of China's national Wushu Team in the 1970's and 80's and master of Bagua, Sheng Zhen Qigong and other arts; the very proflific Master Jianye Jiang based in Albany NY,  Taoist author and editor of "The Empty Vessel, Journal of Contemporary Taoism" Solala Towler, and a group of other fellow presenters at the Medical Qigong Symposium at Eastover--herbalist/Tai Chi/Qigong teacher Jampa Stewart, Women's "Radiant Lotus Qigong" Instructor Daisy Lee, and energy healer Dame Wai Ching Li.

DSC01176.jpg

Master_Jiang_Jiangye_and_TD.jpg

Solala_Towler.jpg

4_presenters at Eastover June 27+Deborah.jpg

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 7

So I had a really interesting experience with MHPearl just then, I thought I'd put it out there and see if any of you guys have had anything similar.

As some background, I've been focusing on MHPearl somewhat heavily the last few months, it's one of my favorite of the standing meds. For tonights session I started out with 40 minutes or so of Tai Chi, then decided to wrap up with a quick 15m MHPearl, since I've had a massive day and want to get some sleep.

The session started off strong, with a warm giddy feeling moving up from the belly within a few moments of finishing the breath sequence, and as usual it had a powerful effect on my posture - almost as if the dantien is some kind of clockwork gear which is being wound up to swirl the FP Qi out across the body and work it into out into a more perfect position.

I got very relaxed and happy very quickly, and a few minutes in started getting some mild spontaneous movement in my right thigh, a kind of spiraling sensation around the bone - this didn't seem unusual, since I've been doing a lot of work to open up the hips and thighs lately. 

But maybe a minute or two later, I started getting a kind of "solid" feeling in my stomach. Not uncomfortable exactly, and I wasn't sure it was part of the FPCK, since my gut was a little sore going in (I made the mistake of grabbing a few cookies as a snack earlier in the afternoon :/ ).

But then I started getting a clockwise twitching motion in the lower abdomen, centered around the dantien, as if my body was trying to swirl or rotate around it. After a few of these movements I decided to relax back into the posture and see if they subsided, but instead they became stronger, and changed direction - now my lower abdomen was pushing up and forwards, then circling down, as if it was trying to swirl around my dantien in an upward and forward motion.

It wasn't especially uncomfortable, but I decided to see what happened if I just relaxed my body and cleared my mind, which sometimes allows spontaneous movements to abate. They did for a few moments, but then kicked back in at the same strength. I repeated this every few minutes for the rest of the meditation, and each time the movement would kick back in. Finally I settled down to end the meditation, and as I was breathing out the movement reverted to the sidewise-clockwise pattern, then stopped as I ended the session.

Anyway, I'd be keen to hear if anyone has experienced this or anything like it. 

Never a dull moment with Flying Phoenix... just when I think I've settled into a routine, something new and interesting pops up.

.Quick update: There seem to be even more residual effects than usual - my brain feels like it's buzzing :o and the usual post-FP visual effects are more intense than usual.

Update Secundus:

I was pretty tired when I made this post last night and don't think I articulated the sensation very well. Also had an interesting experience this morning doing my usual quiet sitting session after waking up. Instead of typing it out I'll just copy what I wrote in a skype convo with Earl:

hey man
sorry crashed out pretty early last night
yeah I've made spontaneous movement before, but this felt different
very different, which is why the post was so long, I was trying to find a good way to explain it
this felt more like the body was trying to move itself around the dantien
or like the dantien itself was trying to move within the body
and causing the area around it to twitch and swirl in response
when the forward-upward movements got at their most intense, it was almost like the dantien was trying to bounce up and down in the body, like a tennis ball
definitely a lot of tension release been going on lately though
oh and I had a really interesting experience this morning
during my morning quiet sitting session, I started getting a similar swirling feeling, but this time on the outside
I'm pretty sure it was the girdling meridian
felt almost exactly like swirling a hoola hoop around the wait
*waist

(Except now that I've double checked the charts, the Girdling Meridian apparently ducks downward in the front of the abdomen, whereas the sensation I had this morning was horizontal - like a small point of movement circling clockwise around my waist at about once a second).

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 4

Ok i just had a painful experience after doing the second meditation on DVD 7, tbh it was more scary than painful, on my right leg the back right side behind my knee dislocated... im not even sure what that part of the knee/leg is called. I dont know how long it had been dislocated for but i really had to push my leg out with some effort to pop it back in. It has randomly popped out when i have sat down in the past and im sure its because i have been doing half lotus around those times.

I want to know if there is anything i can do to stop this, perhaps once my ibs is better and my body weight is up it wont happen, perhaps im putting my leg too far across the other leg in half lotus. If there was some exercise i could do that could stop this that would be great.

haha when i stopped the meditation and realised i was all like ' oh no oh no' such a wussy

Hi! I'm new here, started some Flying Phoenix a few years ago but drifted away from it. At present I've re-learned all the basic standing and sitting meditations (they came back quickly), and the standing power meditations; and I'm learning the advanced sitting meds, too. The tangible FP energy started right up again as though it didn't need to get re-acquainted with me, :) The main thing now for me is just to learn to relax thoroughly and more thoroughly!

I plan to learn and practice the standing moving meds (vol. 3 & 4), but I am VERY partial to seated moving meds, so I will be doing the entire Monk Serves Wine sequence (all 9 that Terry has released on video) everyday as soon as I finish learning them all shortly. I have to admit, I'm a seated moving med "junkie"!  (Maybe because I stand and walk all night at work.)

This post is a hodge-podge of thoughts on recent posts, so bear with me. Regarding Michael Winn's (and his teacher Mantak Chia's) Taoist theory, I listened to almost all of Michael Winn's audio courses. His use of multiple "shen" uses the word as "intelligences", i.e., each organ system has its own intelligence). Wholeness is achieved by integrating all those intelligences, as a first step. Beyond them there is a core Shen (Ling Shen) that corresponds to our word "soul".  The Ling Shen is, or needs to be, the controlling Intelligence. But it's a VERY complicated meditation system, and it didn't work for me experientially. I got a lot of theoretical knowledge from it, but not any actual experience (and I visualized a lot of this and that, yet didn't experience much of this or that, lol). It may work well for some people, just not for me.

I too loved the movie ARRIVAL. Fantastic concepts--we need more films like it. And why not a SEQUEL!! (After all, in the far future they will need our help).   :)

I am starting to devote a at least couple hours a day to FP. I'm almost 64 and solitary and haven't anything better to do, haha (though I still have to work 40 hours a week). I just want to radiate whatever will help others in the time I have left on earth.

I do strongly feel a Presence behind the FP. Maybe it's the "Goddess" or "Immortal" who taught it to Feng Tao Te, I can't say for sure. I'm very strongly connected to both P'u Hsien and Kuan Yin--maybe the FP practice comes from P'u Hsien. I first encountered it after taking some significant vows to P'u Hsien. And even though I moved away from the FP for a time, in the meantime I practiced some similar simple meds I learned from GM Doo Wai's video clips. 

Anyway I'll keep you posted!

On the subject of "enlightenment", briefly. I think it's a tricky business. I think some people have "Enlightenment" experiences, and maybe think they are "Enlightened" (a state). But there's peril. You may have an influx of Spirit that expands and inflates your mind and awareness...but it may also inflate your personal ego. If one can let go of the inflated ego, then maybe one will truly soar. But some people who claim to be enlightened can also be extremely petty, controlling, bullying, dishonest, and suffer from,  I think the condition is, "grandiosity". (having an exaggerated belief in one's importance,sometimes reaching delusional proportions, and occurring as common  symptom of mental illnesses, as manic disorder.)

So may the Great Spirit preserve me from that sort of "enlightenment"! It's why my name here is "Songshou"-- "Let go", to remind me to Let Go of any such "enlightenment" if I ever get to that point.

Finally, for anyone out there who is enough of a Kuan YIn or P'u Hsien enthusiast or devotee, and also into the I Ching:  both names are a Yang/Yin or Tao/Te polarity, (Kuan +/Yin -) and (P'u+/Hsien-) if you look closely at the meaning of the syllables. And so you can reconstitute any I Ching Hexagram using either the syllables Kuan/Yin or P'u/Hsien instead of solid/broken lines. That is, if you want to channel your I Ching meditations through either of Them...since either of them contain within them all 64 Changes. :) 

All the Best to you all,

Songshou 松手 

• Like 8

Sifu Terry, it's so nice to see you with Sifu Li. I had the opportunity to train with him once when he came back to Manila for a brief visit and his original first generation teachers invited me (as I am friends with them and their children) to meet him. That picture and your previous one with Eric Isen both make me smile widely from ear to ear. 

• Like 1