Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

8 minutes ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

Im not even joking i was looking into the spiritual meaning of the color purple only an hour before reading the last two pages of this thread. Been thinking about the color for the last couple of days, one of the songs i listen to has lyrics that go something like... 

''I've come down from the violent skies to save the day
I'm about to reveal the tales of your life
Too many secrets are locked inside your minds
But you're all equal in life, equal in love...''

Still i dont see how useful these synchronicities are, i mean what do i do about it? Its probably just a pointless coincidence no?

Purple and violet are no joke. I and a few people who've chatted have been noticing that sometimes in our practice. :)

• Like 3

It's quite interesting about violet/purple. Aside from the traditions about Xi Wangmu, some Daoist schools teach that the Pole Star emanates a violet/purple spiritual energy which is important in spiritual alchemy.

In the esoteric school of Chinese Buddhism (summarized in the Dharani Sutra), the 21st saving power of Kuan Yin is the "Purple Lotus Flower", for freedom from karma and samsara, called the "Dharma of Liberation" -- also connected with Amitabha Buddha (the Purple Lotus Flower is called Amitabha's "Original Body"). In Pure Land Buddhism, violet/purple clouds indicate that someone has been reborn in Amitabha's Pure Land. And Amitabha is said to have "violet eyes" (gan mu).

I'm sure there is even more out there I haven't thought of or found yet!

purple lotus flower.jpg

• Like 2

I forgot to mention previously that the two Buddhist monks in the T'ang Dynasty who were close friends and became identified with the Twin Immortals were also considered to be embodiments of the Bodhisattvas Manjushri and Samantabhadra (Wen Shu and Pu Xian). 

In Hua-yen Buddhism (based on the Avatamsaka Sutra), Manjushri and Samantabhadra represent the Sambhogakaya and Nirmanakaya, also Dharma and Sangha--while their Buddha, Vairocana, represents Dharmakaya, and Buddha. Also you could say Manjushri and Samantabhadra represent Knowing and Doing, while their Buddha Vairocana represents Being. :)

Hua Yen Trinity.jpg

• Like 3

I'm curious, doesn't FP produce a blue colour and not a deep-blue like violet? Correct me if I'm mistaken...

• Like 1

Hi Taoguy,

We have been talking about violet/purple here a bit, but not specifically regarding FP, rather in a general Daoist context--because the color does come up a lot.  Earl Grey also mentioned having violet/purple come up in practice.

As to what exact color of blue FP generates, I think Sifu Terry has mentioned the deepness can vary (whether lighter or darker blue). Also gold can enter in, if I remember right.  In Buddhism, the dark blue (lapis lazuli) is considered to be the color of healing, often with gold added.

• Like 2

Any body experiencing inner sounds while practicing?

Which direction do you stand while practicing and do you have a practical reason for that?

Do you also feel that practicing - and life- is like a game of tennis ?😄

You pray, conceptualise, believe, dream and always miss the ball. The wisdom of hitting the ball correctly only comes within your experiences with tested beliefs while practicing, and always in facing the ball thrower.  

• Like 1

Hi Cihan,

Do you mean musical tones or notes, or else mantric syllables (in whatever language)? I tend to have visual experience rather than auditory (so far) Or else a sensation (of something spiritual touching my energy field). Or a taste (like the taste of a peach I experienced).

I don't focus on facing any particular direction at this stage--of course that could change later.   :)

• Like 2

Oh...and on the subject of mantra syllables, there are some powerful ones hidden in English. They aren't all just in Sanskrit! Chinese has some incredible syllables, too.

But back to English, one of the most intense power-syllables I've experienced is the word FREE.  (If it were to be spelled in Sanskrit/Hindi transliteration, it would come out as Frīḥ, or Frī  ("frī" was its original spelling in Old English, by the way).  FREE, Frīḥ -- rhymes with Hrīḥ! :) 

Anyway, FREE generates the exact energy of the Purple Lotus Flower, and the Purple (Violet) Pole Star, and the purple/violet clouds of Xi Wangmu or of Amitabha Buddha, etc.  (And in the ancient Greek mystery schools, of the "purple robe" that Dionysos wears, though later on people increasingly debased his image and meaning:  "I will tell of Dionysus, the son of glorious Semele, how he appeared on a jutting headland by the shore of the fruitless sea, seeming like a stripling in the first flush of manhood: his rich, dark hair was waving about him, and on his strong shoulders he wore a purple robe." -- Homeric Hymn 7).

But to get back to Flying Phoenix!  If, as is likely, the practice comes from Xi Wangmu, the Queen Mother of the West, everything that comes from Her is also imbued with her Freedom, her Liberation -- as well as her Healing. You might say that her blue FP energy that heals has a silk lining of energy that sets free.

Edited by Songshou
  • Like 3

On 8/27/2017 at 2:51 AM, taoguy said:

Yes I meant repeating the long volume 4 meditation multiple times (I apologize for not being clearer). When I did the long-form about 3 times today (opening and closing appropriately each time), I could feel a huge difference in energy levels and how the energy seems to 'fill' or perfuse the entire brain and spread throughout the body. 

I was wondering whether it was mandatory to do the closing breath and then reopen the form before I repeated the form because the breathing sequence takes cognitive effort for me and I find that it makes me 'snap out' of the stillness that I was in to restart the form. One reason why I enjoy the Monk Serves Wine sitting meditations because I don't have to restart them continuously and can repeat for an indefinite amount of times.

Hello TaoGuy,

Here's my answer your question.  Traditionally--i.e., for centuries--the Flying PHoenix Heavenly Healing Chi meditation capstone form (Volume 4) is done with one round per one breath-control sequence (90 60 5 50 40).  That is how i have always practiced.  I have never done two or more rounds of the form after one breath-control sequence.  So I have no comment on the experience of doing multiple rounds of the Form following one breath-control sequence.

I suppose that if you were to continue into a second round (or more) of the exercise, you can maintain the inner stillness attained during the first round and continue at that level of absorption.  Since you've stated that you "could feel a huge difference in energy levels...", I might give your method a try and see what doing more than 1 round of the Form does based on one breath-control sequence.  I am always open to sensible experimentation.  And this one doesn't seem like a dangerous one--especially since you are still alive and well to talk about yours!!  :D

I will get back to you with my findings in a few days.  I am presently teaching a 3-day immersive FP Qigong workshop in Lenox, MA.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sifu Terry Dunn

www.taichimania.com/chikung_catalog.html

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zen-bear said:

Hello TaoGuy,

Here's my answer your question.  Traditionally--i.e., for centuries--the Flying PHoenix Heavenly Healing Chi meditation capstone form (Volume 4) is done with one round per one breath-control sequence (90 60 5 50 40).  That is how i have always practiced.  I have never done two or more rounds of the form after one breath-control sequence.  So I have no comment on the experience of doing multiple rounds of the Form following one breath-control sequence.

I suppose that if you were to continue into a second round (or more) of the exercise, you can maintain the inner stillness attained during the first round and continue at that level of absorption.  Since you've stated that you "could feel a huge difference in energy levels...", I might give your method a try and see what doing more than 1 round of the Form does based on one breath-control sequence.  I am always open to sensible experimentation.  And this one doesn't seem like a dangerous one--especially since you are still alive and well to talk about yours!!  :D

I will get back to you with my findings in a few days.  I am presently teaching a 3-day immersive FP Qigong workshop in Lenox, MA.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Oh, no - I meant doing it the way you did - one round per one breath sequence - three times. I have not done multiple rounds with one breath sequence yet, but was wondering if it was possible. 

• Like 2

On 31/08/2017 at 2:23 AM, taoguy said:

I'm curious, doesn't FP produce a blue colour and not a deep-blue like violet? Correct me if I'm mistaken...

For what it's worth, when I was practicing MGAM a couple months back, the swirling color that would flash into my field of vision was as much purple as it was blue, with streaks of white/grey through it as well. Which actually surprised me quite a bit, I wasn't expecting the color at all, and I definitely wasn't expecting such a rich and vivid spectrum (very similar to the coloring of the phoenix image which was posted earlier, actually, but without the yellow and green).

But the actual qi which moves through the body definitely 'feels' blue, to the mind's eye (perhaps edged with white sometimes?), although I've yet to actually physically see the blue glow the way others have described.

As for direction, I always practice facing west, simply because my computer monitor is in that direction, so that's how I'm oriented when working off the dvds.

As a side note, I had the most incredible session of Bending the Bows the other day. It surprised me, because I'm out of practice with BTB and my physical form was far from perfect, or even from what I've done on a good day, but maybe something just clicked on a mental or energetic level. By the time I was a few rotations in It felt like I was standing in a pyramid of swirling blue fire, edged with white (the white for some reason felt like a somewhat distinct energy, "layered" on top of the FP Qi, if that makes sense, I'm not sure what exactly, or where it came from, going to have to think about that), just washing over my body as I went through the movements. As the meditation moved on, I could feel the energy go to work on my right shoulder and arm in particular (where I have quite a bit of tension atm I'm trying to work out), to the point where it felt like those parts of my body - my right shoulder blade down the bottom of my arm to the pinkie/ring finger - were actually merging into the "fire," and my physical sense of them faded almost entirely. I topped it off with a nice MHPearl session, and afterwards I was so buzzed with energy that I couldn't get to sleep for hours (something I'm increasingly noticing with BTB and MSW1, although it's not necessarily a bad thing, if I practice earlier in the day it gives me a lot more energy to get things done).

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 7

Hi!  This post is just a general sharing on how intuition and inner listening can lead to insights and connections special to us on our own path. 

Some days ago I had come up with a prayer to the Daoist twin immortals, which felt powerful for me and which I felt connected me to them. I said previously that the prayer led to the feeling of them coming "through" rather than coming "down" -- a horizontal connection of some sort (maybe inter-dimensional) rather than a vertical connection coming down from Above.

Tonight I was praying to or invoking them using the words, and the thought hit me to see if the words might connect to an I CHING hexagram.

So setting aside the Shi ("Bestow"), the next 6 words built a hexagram (from bottom to top, as is traditional with I Ching): #37 "Family, People Dwelling Together"

Iching-hexagram-37.svg

In the prayer I give, (Shi) Xi Xi He He Er Xian, the 2 Xi (Light and Joy) can be a Yang and Yin pair, the 2 He (Harmony and Union) can be a Yang and Yin pair, also. And the Er Xian as the Two Boy Immortals are Yang (due here to their masculine nature).
This ends up working because the "Harmonizing/Uniting Two Immortals" are sponsors of marriage and family, and children--and the harmony and union and JOY of proper connection between husband and wife and other relationship pairs and groups.
You know, it takes me back to the "horizontal" feeling I had with the prayer. These Immortals sponsor and sustain right horizontal relationships that create and preserve Family and Community.

A couple years ago I was looking at the vertical meshing of triangles (often called the star of David), and I realized that there is also a separate horizontal meshing that has its own special and separate energy. No one else had put it in any image banks (I looked and looked) so I just made it for myself, for my own meditation on the Communication, Connection and Community, heart-to-heart and ear-to-ear, arm-in-arm, etc., that allow any pair or group of human beings to commune, cooperate, progress and prosper.

Of course, Hexagram 37 (or any other) has many dimensions and interpretations. What I just shared is what came to me to enhance my own meditation and personal alchemy. And now I have a Hexagram to go with my prayer!  :) 

P.S. I've attached the horizontal meshed triangles. In the center I placed the character "shuang" (an alternative traditional character even though now used as the simplified character) meaning "two, pair, twins."

And you know, this Forum is a fine example of communication, connection, and communion that is helpful to a lot of people!

Shuang 2.jpg

Edited by Songshou
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2017 at 2:38 PM, Songshou said:

I put purple in bold, to highlight her connection to that color, which is also generally an important color in Chinese alchemy and meditation, both Daoist and Buddhist. (There is also the mention of her blue clouds and blue birds. And as we know, FPCK has a blue energy.)

I have never had 'blue'  energy  only 'purple' in my FPCK  practice.    Since I had no reference to purple energy (except one distant memory of a purple ball surrounding qi gong sitting practice) I kept silent ...  so now at least I know there is a purple energy :o

• Like 5

Hi!  Well, since I'm in I CHING mode, and found a hexagram for the Twin Immortals invocation I give, I felt the impulse to see if the Xi Wangmu invocation I give has a hexagram, too.

Tonight it came on me that the hexagram is:

Iching-hexagram-46.svg
Hexagram 46 is named 升 (shēng), "Ascending".  
Here we have the syllables (after ShiYao Fei Feng, with the trigram "Wind" ☴ (Qi, or Prana/Vitality); and Xi Wang Mu, with the trigram "Earth" ☷ (i.e., here meaning the Ultimate YIN). The hexagram is traditionally read from the ground up.
So the Flying Phoenix practice will uplift us in spirit and body as we persist in it!

P.S. If poetically inclined, one might even see this hexagram as Xi Wangmu  riding upon her phoenix ☴ , i.e., ䷭ .

xiwangmu riding phoenix rose small.jpg

Edited by Songshou
  • Like 4

tonight's long form 37 minutes ... broke a sweat early and continuously to the end,   also i have a strong sense of 

'gauntlet'  about 2 inches above wrist point wrapping both forearms almost the entire form  ... very satisfying energy altho without any color visualization tonight.   This is not my longest form practice,  but close to the 39 min  ... performed against Philip Glass Metamorphoses   

i will be reading I Ching ...

peace to all sentient beings

Edited by ridingtheox
simple spelling and dropped ref to I Ching in original
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, ridingtheox said:

tonight's long form 37 minutes ... broke a sweat early and continuously to the end,   also i have a strong sense of 

'gauntlet'  about 2 inches above wrist point wrapping both forearms almost the entire form  ... very satisfying energy altho without any color visualization tonight.   This is not my longest form practice,  but close to the 39 min  ... performed against Philip Glass Metamorphoses   

i will be reading I Ching ...

peace to all sentient beings

Wow! That's a really great time! Any chance you'd be willing to show us a video someday possibly? Just being able to witness someone that dedicated and advanced in the skill of doing it that slow is amazing. Also, Glass' Metamorphoses is a wonderful set to practice to, I must say. 

• Like 1

MY NEXT FLYING PHOENIX QIGONG WORKSHOP AT EASTOVER IS OCTOBER 6, 7, 8.

Besides getting 22-plus hours of immersive training in this authentic monastic Qigong art from Ehrmeishan that was created 7 generations ago by the renowned Taoist yogin-sage Feng Dao Deh, you will practicing in the Berkshires when all the leaves on all the trees in all the forests are going from verdure to flaming orange and gold. So bright that when we do our afternoon Flying Phoenix Meditations behind the Eastover main mansion with eyes closed because only one meditation (the one called "Monk Gazing At Moon") in the entire basic system of 30 meditations is done with eyes opened, you will still be seeing the orange and gold!

And if you practice correctly, at some point during the workshop, that outer vision of orange -golden leaves will be overtaken and become saturated with an INNER VISION of florescent sky blue, the color Flying Phoenix Healing Energy repeatedly and verifiably induced by practice of this particular Qigong system. Nothing else, in the yogic world, as far as I know, is like it.

MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW and book your travel NOW:

http://www.eastover.com/terence-dunn-2.html

See y'all there!

•••>> Please SHARE THIS REVIEW BELOW with ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND SIGNIFICANT OTHERS WHO CARE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT QIGONG, TAI CHI OR ANYTHING MEDITATIVE, OR WHO KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT HOLISTIC HEALTH AND YOGIC ARTS--AND WHO WOULD RATHER READ A BOOK THAN DO THE MILDEST AND MOST GENTLE OF ALL EXERCISE!! For me, Corinne's report below on the last Flying Phoenix Qigong Workshop I gave at Eastover Estate & Retreat in Lenox, MA is perhaps the most enjoyable and delightful response I've received yet! --a fine and surprising testament to the healing power of Flying Phoenix Qigong to facilitate the sublime Samadhic state, what the Tibetans call "NATURAL MOOD." LOL:

Hellooo Terence,

I would like to add my grain of salt to the comments on the seminar in the Berkshire.

First of all, I was not really interested in the Flying Phoenix meditation. My husband was. I had the options to stay home for the WE or , tag along . And so I came . I was prepared, I brought with me a 300 pages book, in case I got bored.
Everything changed on the first night . When I told you I was just an accompaniment, you nicely included me right then and there. From that moment on , my fate was sealed . I went to all the classes, barely reading 4 pages of my book.

Yes , sometimes I got dazed and confused with the breathing, sometimes I messed up the sequences, but that did not stopped me. I really enjoyed it .  What I appreciated the most during those 3 days : the relaxed schedule.
What I found delightful: the free form "moving hands like clouds " Sunday morning. ( Thank you Haim to show us that we are all spirited dancers. And Agnes your infinity moves will be forever in our minds ).

Most of all Terence , I cherished your Flying Phoenix magic to bring us happiness together.
Thanks to you and all my partners in crime for that Week end.

Corinne Arcuri

Page 175 has videos and still photos of the very successful and enjoyable July workshop.  This is the link to a video clip of last week's workshop with a smaller morning class:

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 2

Hello to the FP Qigong community.  

I just got back from the east coast FP Qigong workshop.   Over the rest of this week and weekend, I will get to responding to the past 2 weeks of postings with questions addressed to me.  Thanks for your patience.  

I'm also very glad to see on this thread that the FP Community is welcoming beginners/newcomers and answering their questions in great detail and with experiential knowledge.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 5

On 9/3/2017 at 1:42 AM, Songshou said:

Hi!  Well, since I'm in I CHING mode, and found a hexagram for the Twin Immortals invocation I give, I felt the impulse to see if the Xi Wangmu invocation I give has a hexagram, too.

Tonight it came on me that the hexagram is:

Iching-hexagram-46.svg
Hexagram 46 is named 升 (shēng), "Ascending".  
Here we have the syllables (after ShiYao Fei Feng, with the trigram "Wind" ☴ (Qi, or Prana/Vitality); and Xi Wang Mu, with the trigram "Earth" ☷ (i.e., here meaning the Ultimate YIN). The hexagram is traditionally read from the ground up.
So the Flying Phoenix practice will uplift us in spirit and body as we persist in it!

P.S. If poetically inclined, one might even see this hexagram as Xi Wangmu  riding upon her phoenix ☴ , i.e., ䷭ .

xiwangmu riding phoenix rose small.jpg

Hi Songshou,

Thank you for your I Ching correlations with the Twin Immortals and now with Xi Wang Mu/Western Queen Mother.  I Ching Hexagram 46 can be easily understood by looking at the elemental meanings of the two trigrams.  #46  is Wood underneath Earth, which Wilhelm Jaynes translated as "Pushing Upwards", which the same as "ascending".  The imagery is one that I use quite often in teaching a particular spine-alignment exercise that is part of the Qing Dynasty Imperial Exercises that I learned from Master George Xu of San Francisco:  (from the bent forward "pike"position with feet in cat stance position with the legs straight [knees locked] and hips facing forward, and arms extended downward with wrists crossed the and backs of the hands touching) "Raise you back to the vertical, one vertebrae at a time with each breath...visualize time-lapse photography of a sprout breaking soil and reaching towards the sky."   Hexagram 46 connotes the early growth phase of a seedling before it breaks soil.  Hence, "Pushing Upwards" through the earth--through the mundane-- is the what your energy and consciousness is doing.
(Way back in the late 70's and early 80's, a small group of us at the Taoist Sanctuary in Los Angeles learned a method of I Ching divination created by a gifted Taoist in Oregon that was based entirely on memorizing the 8 trigrams and their interrelationships in all the possible pairings of the 8.  This enables one to cast the I Ching without use of any written commentary).

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

On 8/30/2017 at 9:53 AM, taoguy said:

My experience of the Flying Phoenix Healing Energy in my personal practice (over many years) and from seeing it manifested by Grandmaster Doo Wai on several occasions is that its color is a bright fluorescent sky blue.  

This is not to say that someone will not experience  a deep violet or purple color while in FP meditation.

Chinese folk art and spiritual iconography renders phoenix's with a blue color along with others. And Xi Wang Mu is adorned and accompanied by deep violet/purple.  Deep violet is the color of the energy channeled through the crown chakra as it relates to spiritual wisdom and Universal consciousness.  Fluorescent sky blue is the visible color of the FP Healing Energy.

Sifu Terry Dunn

Edited by zen-bear

On 8/27/2017 at 2:38 PM, Songshou said:

Hi Sifu Terry and everyone!

Here is additional information about Xi Wangmu:

Around the year 500, Tao Hung Jing systematized Taoist deities into two separate hierarchies, male and female, with Xi Wangmu ranked as the highest goddess. He gave her a lasting title: The Ninefold Numinous Grand and Realized Primal Ruler of the Purple Tenuity from the White Jade Tortoise Terrace. Other sources, such as the poet Du Fu, describe her as descending to the human realm enveloped in purple vapors." [Transcendence and Divine Passion: The Queen Mother of the West in Medieval Chinaby Suzanne E. Cahill, 33; 24; 168]

"Legend said that the Zhou dynasty king Mu (circa 1000 bce) travelled to Kunlun in search of the Western Mother. Many ancient sources elaborated on their meeting beside the Turquoise Pond. The emperor Han Wudi was granted a similar audience in 110 BCE. The Monograph on Broad Phenomena says that the goddess sent a white deer to inform him of her advent, and he prepared a curtained shrine for her. She arrived on the festival of Double Sevens, riding on a chariot of purple clouds. She sat facing east, clothed in seven layers of blue clouds. Three big blue birds and other magical servitors set up the ninefold tenuity lamp. The goddess gave five peaches to the emperor. He wanted to save the seeds for planting, but she laughed and said that they would not bear fruit for 3000 years."  [Cahill, 48-55]

I put purple in bold, to highlight her connection to that color, which is also generally an important color in Chinese alchemy and meditation, both Daoist and Buddhist. (There is also the mention of her blue clouds and blue birds. And as we know, FPCK has a blue energy.)

And since we have gone into Virgo astrologically, I'll share this astronomy photo, which is actually called the "Purple Rose of Virgo." The nebula actually radiates that color as photographed by observatories, it has not been altered.  And since "Virgo" means the "Young Woman", I think this Purple Rose might make for an awesome meditation on Xi Wang Mu who is so often depicted as a beautiful Young Woman.  (Of course, I'm partial because I'm born under Virgo!)

With that, I'll let everyone get back to their FP practice! :) Myself, I'm going to endeavor to mentally practice inside the spiritual "Purple Rose of Virgo" this month. Perhaps I'll even see the "Purple Rose" as Xi Wangmu's Heart center!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070329-supernova.html

purple rose of virgo.jpg

Hello Songshou,

I can't thank you enough for posting such thoughtful, insightful and intuitive correlations and "not-so-free" associations!  I just love this suggestion to meditatively channel Xi Wang Mu as the "Purple Rose of Virgo", citing this rare, super-brilliant type 1a supernova,  SN 2007af,  that occurred in the NGC 5584 galaxy in the direction of Virgo constellation eleven years ago. 

And since we have gone into Virgo astrologically, I'll share this astronomy photo, which is actually called the "Purple Rose of Virgo." The nebula actually radiates that color as photographed by observatories, it has not been altered.  And since "Virgo" means the "Young Woman", I think this Purple Rose might make for an awesome meditation on Xi Wang Mu who is so often depicted as a beautiful Young Woman.  (Of course, I'm partial because I'm born under Virgo!)

You probably don't know this, but I happen to be Virgo.  (And a wood Horse.)  And I only yesterday did I finally get clear of the fall-out and last bit of magnetic reversing drag of the Aug.13 - Sept.5 mercury retrograde, which was a real nasty one--and finally get my physical rhythm and psychical acuity back.  Hence, I am today able to write with unimpeded faculties--finally.

And now, as I finally "grok" the cosmic correlations you've suggested between Flying Phoenix Qigong, it's most probable if not definite source, Xi Wang Mu, and the SN 2007af, I see it as prophecy for the current expansive cycle that is just beginning after this retrograde fades, one in which I will be teaching more and more FP Qigong than ever before--and teaching it more intensively--especially on the east coast this fall, as I will be a teacher-in-residence at the Eastover Estate and Retreat in Lenox, MA.

Thank you again from bringing to everyone's attention the most likely spiritual source of Flying Phoenix energy, "The Ninefold Numinous Grand and Realized Primal Ruler of the Purple Tenuity from the White Jade Tortoise Terrace."

(I will let you and all know if I encounter Xi Wang Mu in meditation--and if I learn that it was her Gift Waves that caused Taoist monk Feng Dao Deh to create the Flying Phoenix Heavenly Healing Chi Meditations.)

Sifu Terry Dunn

• Like 3

Hi Sifu Dunn!

I'm a "water snake", born in 1953, and had my 64th birthday on September 12. :) 

I will look forward to any meditative experiences you may share. I feel Xi Wangmu is at least the ultimate bestower of the Flying Phoenix practice; though it's possible She may have sent another female Immortal as a messenger from her to teach it. Anyway I do feel Her very strongly now.

You know, since my own connecting with Xi Wangmu was closely followed by a connecting with the Chinese Twin Immortals (as though She opened that door to them for me), I have gotten into the habit of reciting both the invocations in tandem:  Shi Xi Xi He He Er Xian : Shi Yao Fei Feng Xi Wang Mu. And then seeing the appropriate Hexagrams below and above each other, respectively:

(One could have an image of the Twin Boys playing and laughing in the field, while Xi Wangmu on her phoenix hovers above them.)

And as of tonight, also seeing the horizontal meshed triangles (of the He He Er Xian) merge with the vertical meshed triangles (of Xi Wang Mu) to form a 12 pointed star matrix or double hexagram star. That, of course, is an alchemical matrix for me, which may or may not attract someone else.

That Purple Rose of Virgo feels very powerful. I've been absolutely fascinated by it since I first saw the photo. You know, the Pole Star is said to have a violet/purple energy spiritually; but its astronomical physical color (for Polaris, anyway) is yellow. This Virgo Purple Rose is violet/purple physically--and I feel spiritually, too. I meditated on it a great deal Tuesday on my birthday, asked for its Divine or Dao blessings to enter into me to help me in my next round.

P.S. The double hexagram star ended up in my next post.

Edited by Songshou
  • Like 2