gendao

What Have You Opened?

Have You Opened Any Of These?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Alchemical Milestones...

• Only my microcosmic orbit
    • Only my kundalini (chong mai)
    • My microcosmic orbit & kundalini (chong mai)
    • My macrocosmic orbit (includes microcosmic orbit)
    • My macrocosmic orbit & kundalini (chong mai)
    • None of the above
    • Other

Blasto posted,

which also lessened the intensity of the energy flow

I think this is an important point...if you want progress, you have to let go of feeling energy. Something most don't understand, and something that can be challenging.

Vortex,

Here's an interesting blurb on the central importance of the chong mai & balancing fire & water neidan methods:

It seems to me that the true method of alchemical training is very complex and subtle. A lot of good tips are mentioned in the book in that link (even though a lot can be misleading)...in my opinion it can be considered a companion to Taoist Yoga, in that it's not easy to digest quickly.

I opened my MCO on 9/25/09 after two years of nei kung practice, and some Gary Clyman Tidal Wave Chi Kung practices and fire breathing. I then proceeded to overheat myself, breaking out in seborrheic dermatitis all over my face, something I never experienced before. I took some herbs prescribed by an acupuncturist which did a marvelous job of cooling me off, but which also lessened the intensity of the energy flow. Robert Bruce says that you can expect a the intensity of the energy movement to lessen after the channels open up, and that seems consistent in my case.

Now I just do the Little Orbit and let the energy go where it will.

The symptoms of overheating were worth it, as my solar plexus chakra was deficient, i.e., I was a walking door mat. I feel ten times better than I did even 6 months ago, although I've heard that people drop dead early because they overheat their hearts in order to cultivate personal power. I think I'm more balanced now, certainly happier, possibly even less of a dickhead. :lol:

Without wading into the "my practice is better than your practice" pissing contest, I will go out on a limb and make a bold declaration that nei kung practice is vastly more powerful than many other chi kung techniques. I know that sounds awfully pretentious but I mean no disparagement of other teachings, because they all have their place.

Cheers.

http://www.chutaichi.com/neikung.shtml

I have read that seborrheic dermatitis is caused by an androgen hormone imbalance and androgen is produced by the adrenals atop the kidneys. My kidneys also become very active during practice and i have experienced SD as well out of the blue.

Are there any techniques you can share that helped you relieve or "cool off" as you so put it yourself?

Langster : )

It isn't "overheating", it is stagnant energy that shouldn't be in the

body in the first place.

Doesn't the MCO address both water and fire?

I am curious to what made Blasto overheat with too much Yang. I have heard the fire breathing can do this.

I feel ten times better than I did even 6 months ago, although I've heard that people drop dead early because they overheat their hearts in order to cultivate personal power. I think I'm more balanced now, certainly happier, possibly even less of a dickhead. :lol:

http://www.chutaichi.com/neikung.shtml

Mind explaining that a bit more? The whole over heating the heart? What might be some signs of someone doing this?

I answered MCO. I'm not certain of the macrocosmic, though I can definitely move energy around my arms and legs how I wish. There may be some points that aren't fully flowing.

My back channel has opened much since I started daily practice with the Small Universe meditation CD that came with SFQ Level 1. Before this I could feel chi moving about and creating pressure and/or heat in all places except the lower back. In fact I found it hard to really feel to the lower part of the spine. Now I feel more connected to it and I feel pleasant warmth in my kidneys by just concentrating on that area for a while.

Kundalini.... I've had experiences like spontanious whole-body orgasms, spontanious laughter/tearing, feelings of high-voltage electricity going up my spine, extatic bliss, all these in meditation or during breathing/walking exercise. But I don't know if it's Kundalini or just some other things happening.

Vortex,

It seems to me that the true method of alchemical training is very complex and subtle. A lot of good tips are mentioned in the book in that link (even though a lot can be misleading)...in my opinion it can be considered a companion to Taoist Yoga, in that it's not easy to digest quickly.

I agree, I believe it will all feel very subtle at first...because we are working with energies & xiantian potentials unmanifest yet in spacetime. Although the more you practice & sensitive you become, the less subtle these things become to you as well. After months of practice, it seems like I am starting to feel this stuff more in myself & the environment around me now.* And noticing how tiny mental or physical microadjustments can make noticeable differences. This customized internal stuff would be hard to get from a book or even a teacher. It's probably best gotten through long personal experience..

I read somewhere once that qigong is like building a skyscraper by stacking paper up 1 sheet at a time. That was a very futile thought at the time, but I think it may be right. :o

& Thanks! Tao of Health, Longevity, and Immortality: The Teachings of Immortals Chung and Lu sounds great, but it is unfortunately currently out-of-print. Maybe I can contact Eva Wong or Shambhala Publications to reprint it? Cuz if the cheapest used copies are $65, there's obviously a strong demand out there for this! Anyone have Eva's contact info?

* Has anyone tried feeling ley lines, vortices or power spots around in their local surroundings? I found one place recently on a local campus that seems to be a "power spot." I can just stand there and immediately relax into pleasurable stillness & feel like I'm plugging into an outlet in the ground as I resonate with a flow of energy through me. Maybe I'm imagining things here, but it feels like that. Anybody else wanna try this and add some feedback here?

Edited by vortex

& Thanks! Tao of Health, Longevity, and Immortality: The Teachings of Immortals Chung and Lu sounds great, but it is unfortunately currently out-of-print. Maybe I can contact Eva Wong or Shambhala Publications to reprint it? Cuz if the cheapest used copies are $65, there's obviously a strong demand out there for this! Anyone have Eva's contact info?

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. It's a small book and no one should be selling it for that much!

It seems they have it at this website for 12 bucks.

http://www.shambhala.com/fengshui/books/bookDetails/1-57062-725-8.cfm

Oh wow, I didn't realize that. It's a small book and no one should be selling it for that much!

It seems they have it at this website for 12 bucks.

http://www.shambhala.com/fengshui/books/bookDetails/1-57062-725-8.cfm

WTF??? How can used dealers be selling this for $65, when you can get a new one for $12 there?? :wacko: I'm ordering this.

But before I do, any other good suggestions on that site that I might want to get while I'm at it?

THANKS SCOTTY, U DA MAN!!!! *humbly bows down*

I answered 'other', mostly because my understanding at this point is that it's not an either/or scenario. I am still a beginner (OK, relatively), and I have much room for progress, but I have felt energy flow in all of the above.

Do more experienced practitioners agree that channels aren't either opened or closed, but open in a more gradual way?

That said, I am aware that powerful openings can occur in a single event. But I don't think this means that something has 'opened' all of a sudden when it was previously closed off.

I'm ever-willing to learn techniques of cultivating energies but I dont understand how oneself can state that they have achieved any of the steps, how do you know? how do you know without a doubt that you have achieved one goal or another?

this are very good questions !! usually as in most of the cases, practitioners use their mind in a ATTEMPT to mentally force open their channels, then afterwards go around thinking that its opened up till so-and-so point, tomorrow or next week i will work at opening another point or so....

again, many times WE go around living in a MENTAL BUBBLE, we THINK that my body is this-and-that, my qi is this-and-that, i like this-and-that, i dont like this-and-that

you can try shutting up the ALWAYS THINKING MIND, try to FORGET about what you THINK IS HAPPENING to your body and JUST LISTEN to the truth your body is telling you, of course next you are going to sit back in your chair for 1 - 5mins and wonder why you can't hear anything

i try listening too, its hard to listen when the mind keeps thinking and thinking and thinking

1. One checking account

2. One Savings account (closed)

3. One membership in the Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Nucleus (Defunct) Please send my $200.00 back. You have since disbanded and all I got was a lousy postcard.

4. Applications for R.N. licensure in

a. Illinois

b. Indiana

c. Arizona

d. Texas (inactive)

e. New York

5. The hearts of thousands of lonely folks I have cared for nationwide since I graduated

6 One Bankruptcy after Kundalini attainment [why do we lose the ability to work with numbers ? (summer 1995) ]

enduring brutal sweltering days and nights of heat

http://droughtsheatw...icago_heat_wave

& sunspot sleeplessness, qi sickness, fasting, Swami Rama abdominal work, Grof holotropic breathwork (respiratory alkalosis)

& mad percussion playing ( I should really post a video response)

so relieved when I read "Martial Arts Madness" & "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master" later on to discover I was not alone (whew...)

7. My stepson and wife's life to the esoteric arts to help him deal with the pain and suffering caused by the sadistic peer bullshit he endures due to having been born with cerebral palsy.

8. One large can of worms

Edited by sifusufi

...How do you know you really opened them (what confirmatory signs or experiences)?

Points for consideration:

The signs are clear and unmistakable; if you aren't sure, then the work isn't done.

Knowing the signs won't get you there any faster. Only knowing the correct methods will do that.

Therefore, to publish the signs is to empower the charlatans, who happily peddle half-truths and decontextualized facts to the detriment of the community at large. Or so I have been told. Keeping quiet about the signs is not just about keeping secrets from outsiders; it is a way to safeguard the continued integrity of the practice. You can't pretend to know (which is the standard form of "knowing") if you were never told in the first place.

With that said, I do enjoy hearing everyone's stories. :)

If you cultivate mindfulness-awareness (or whatever its called) with whatever you practice then you'll be charlatan-free since `63. Bearing in mind that there is perhaps also no free lunch and it's not called "practice" for nothing :ph34r:

The signs are clear and unmistakable; if you aren't sure, then the work isn't done.

Exactly!