joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

If you would like to post a specific picture from a website click the icon in the toolbar framed in blue and enter the link for the image only. For files from you computer if you are having trouble attaching, you might want to try the basic uploader, that is linked in blue just below "Attach This File'. I have trouble attaching files too sometimes.  :angry:

those are some pretty cool pictures. :)

Edited by Kar3n
added more info

triggered by the snow

IMAG1772_zps49xpoix6.jpg?t=1477685687

(yeah, I didnt bother with the woodchips this year :lol: and mom says I need to trim those roses at the right time, whenever that is!)

• Like 5

triggered by the snow

IMAG1772_zps49xpoix6.jpg?t=1477685687

(yeah, I didnt bother with the woodchips this year :lol: and mom says I need to trim those roses at the right time, whenever that is!)

Usually just before spring after the last frost.

In most areas of the south serious pruning is done mid to late February, you can prune spent blooms at anytime of the year.

• Like 2

This is an HDR image (hence the texture). The photographer said the orange round thing was actually the sun seeming to be burning through a layer of clouds. The sun's rays above, and the shadows, and the way the cloudbank just happened to echo the general shape/place of the main building, makes this pretty cool I think.

One Night in Bangkok from Flickr

300341306_9e15b08472_b.jpg

• Like 8

I still never did compile that hdr image from that fire years ago where you could see the wood right through the steel dump truck rim we were burning it in.

Ooh, that has a good dose of 'as above, so below' built right into it!

This picture is actually created from a new technology. It was part of mapping one of dozens of shipwrecks recently found deep under the black sea, unusually preserved due to the nature of that water. Ottoman-era!

li580f0bdc.JPG

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 1

I was just about to post some pics I uploaded to imgur, but get the following message:

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Can someone explain why this is??

• Like 1