joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

That picture s beautiful although it might well be Photoshopped as the bear and the wolf are mortal enemies.

maybe these two happen to be immortals?!

i catch lil glimpses of stray northern lights flashes even here in kentucky from time to time, like this afternoon, i wonder about our friend sinfest, up there where one gets a better view

5ce4dfc0-a8f7-11e5-b7b2-c3ec7a3b77b3_2_C

• Like 5

maybe these two happen to be immortals?!

Yeah, I suppose that should be considered.  (Thanks that you did therefore I don't have to.)

Getting even colder these days. Gotta make sure to conserve your energy!

Yes, cats are good at that.  Most of them would make good Taoists.

When I was young and on vacation a "Y" in the road was always so tempting.  I knew which way I had planned to go but the lure of the unknown would always tempt me toward the alternative.

• Like 3

See?  Even different species can be friends.  We humans need to do a better job than we are doing.

precisely the pic i posted is just 2 friends walking together

• Like 1

The Milky Way

over Lenticular Cloud

over Mount Rainier

over Washington State

by Matt Sahli

snap_02245.jpg

A different crop version I like very well:

snap_02249.jpg

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 8

thumbsup.gif

The serpent which came forth from the earth has risen; the flame which came forth from Nun is fallen.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

The Milky Way

over Lenticular Cloud

over Mount Rainier

over Washington State

by Matt Sahli

snap_02245.jpg

An amazing photo. Mountains - where Earth meets Heaven. The copulation of yin and yang.  

(And it’s unfortunate we have only the prosaic name “Milky Way” derived from Latin for such a spectacular sight in any night sky. Where I live away from artificial light it's an almost numinous presence. I see it as the Star River – a Chinese derived name. )

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 3

Traditionally it is seen as a river here . I cant remember the  actual words for it, but when I asked what they called the Milky Way they said "Same as you."  The lingo words are gone but the direct translation was 'Mother's Milk' . 

The river is seen as a big black snake , Wallenganda , the dark places that run through the Milky Way . The stars either side are said to be the campfires of Wallenganda's children, camped along the river bank .  It was Wallenganda  that brought water to earth by 'spitting' it on to the earth  ( and Ungud - earth serpent ;  heaven meets earth, copulation of yin and yang * .  

halleys-comet-1986.jpg

Their word for 'the stars'  , collectively is   'Oooh - ahhh '      :)

But other times  the big emu is more relevant  -  In one section -  but that's a season thing - when it lines up with landscape 

emu.png

Also, of course there is the Egyptian theme of the 'Star River' 

egyptsolarbargeosiris.jpg

heaven meets earth, copulation of yin and yang * .   

geb2.jpg

... and even  

geb-nut-embrace.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

The Milky Way

over Lenticular Cloud

over Mount Rainier

over Washington State

by Matt Sahli

snap_02245.jpg

A different crop version I like very well:

snap_02249.jpg

At least a thousand words in that one ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Nikon Singapore had this contest for best monochrome shot , be be awarded a Nikon trolley case.

Nikon Singapore posted an announcement on its Facebook page on Jan. 29, 2016, congratulating photographer Chay Yu Wei for capturing a serendipitous perfect shot of an airplane framed by a ladder in Chinatown.

nikon-singapore-plane-chinatown-fail.png

This was what Nikon added.

Yu Wei chanced upon a set of ladders while on a photowalk with his friends in Chinatown, and thought the view above would make an interesting perspective. Little did he expect to catch an airplane in mid-air. We’ll try looking up too, Yu Wei; your shot has won you a Nikon trolley bag. Congratulations!
Photo Credit: Chay Yu Wei using the Nikon D90
Shutter Speed: 1/1600”
Aperture: F2.8

Yu Wei answered a question that he was lucky and had not waited too long to take that shot.

Which was soon found to be photoshopped inside.

Furthermore, a very similar photo was done by someone else a year earlier who from the beginning said he photoshopped a plane inside the ladder cage.

Others started to look up the ladders and snapped away

nikon-chinatown-godzilla.jpg

nikon-chinatown-monks.jpg

nikon-chinatown-many-planes.jpg

nikon-chinatown-darth-vader.jpg

nikon-chinatown-trump.jpg

“Yu Wei chanced upon a set of ladders while on a photowalk with his friends in Chinatown, and thought the view above would make an interesting perspective. Little did he expect to catch Donald Trump blocking the ladder and forbidding any immigrants from entering.”

nikon-chinatown-snoopy.jpg

http://mothership.sg/2016/01/nikon-spore-facebook-awards-prize-to-badly-photoshopped-perfect-shot-of-an-airplane-in-chinatown/

Idiotic Taoist wondering if he should get a Nikon as well

edited to include the original image made   earlier 

Screen-Shot-2016-01-31-at-09.48.33.png

The photo above was posted some 53 weeks ago, by a 20-year-old street photographer named Lee Yik Keat.  Who said from the beginning that was a composite of photos when asked how he took that shot.

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 4

Canon Canada in his facebook took a dig at Nikon with

Up in the air! This week, share your best airplane photos with us. Extra points for creative use of photo editing software to put planes in surprising places.

12657348_1018761168183850_56688846829911

They got even more photos

well..i was just swimming and doing some underwater photography, only then i managed to snap this awesome shot of an airplane departing from its habitat

12661772_10153932436022661_2918030558263

I don't have an airplane but I do have ET lol

12474011_10153603841761107_2598394807026

while sipping my cup of coffee this afternoon, i chanced upon this unique perspective. little did i expect to catch this in my coffee, goes to show that life is full of surprises. #lookdownmore

12661916_10153900396337065_8680203456088

Aeromexico plane being attacked by pterodactyls*. Unfortunately not Photoshopped but I did have to time travel.

(*Disclaimer: They might just be birds.)

12694675_10208701460037603_3855591442983

was taking a picture of my grand mother at the beach when suddenly...

12647457_10154558018363135_8681424774130

Shooting plane with cannon

baltic_%20anti_aircraft_guns.jpg

More than 900 entries

https://www.facebook.com/CanonCanada/

• Like 2