joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

Pic I took on my phone when I was in Northern California, near the Klamath River.  What a beautiful area!

I haven't been there for a very long time.  Thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

Yeah, I haven't been up there in a very long time.  I was still in the Army the last time I was there.  I always went in the summer though.

An image I made years ago to represent my 'four-fold soul' (with 12 composing Aeons) in metals. I'd love to do a large wall-art like this where the pieces rotate separately.

thefour-metal-500.png

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 5

What are the 'four folds' of your soul ?     ... seriously, I am interested in concepts of 'soul' . 

Well it's not easy to fit in a sound bite I admit. You could go read the page 'Aeons of Light (the Four)' on my blog if you were really a glutton for punishment. But be warned I blog for me not others -- forgetfulness and denial are my issues, so document-till-I-wanna-puke is my way of combating that. So you'd think I got paid by the word or something, it's horrible. Pretty sure my few readers are actually working off karma there. 

And this is a pics thread not text so lemme see if I can find something else so I won't be offtopic. Hang on...

This'll do. This is a poster I made for my private practice and have in my room. This one was when I finished the Thoth Tarot Disks series -- the image above centers it -- there will be different ones for each of the other suits and the trumps. I've been dirking around so much with enough cognitive dissonance to kill that I still haven't finished them.

(Please note that this is just a personal ref as my meditation tool: the OTO owns sole copyright to the Thoth Tarot images.) This is 1000px wide, not sure if that's too much for the forum.

MyDisks72dpi1000x1500rez256RGB_forFramin

Also,

You can see I'm a Jung and Walter Russell fan I suppose

• Like 4

Well it's not easy to fit in a sound bite I admit. You could go read the page 'Aeons of Light (the Four)' on my blog if you were really a glutton for punishment.  ....

Glutton for punishment ?   :)     I actually understood what you wrote.    very interesting especially the part where first the woman wrestles  (or dances? ... if not, turn it into a dance ) with the Lion then later the snake.  I am sure you caught the significance of that in relation to the cards in the picture ?   (Thoth tarot Atus XI & XXI )  .   I was thinking the fold division might be similar to the kabbalistic  'parts' of the soul, but you only mentioned 1  kabbalistic part.  

A passing Egyptian phase, that had little interest  ? Same here, except it turned into a big interest and one in the 'pre-Egyptian' as well.   Also your little tables of 4 -  I have worked on a much longer one and it has so many things that have this 3 / 4 pattern  ... you even mentioned the important 'transition point' where 3 goes into 4  ( and even mentioned how the 4 is resultant 'carrier' of the 'multitude of things' ;  " Then the four took me through an experience where we all became tons of different creatures and light beings and more, "  

One of the things I have realised is that the first three form the fourth, the 4 is in a different 'realm' being a 'product of' (or as you say ' a man of earth'  ,( a title of the first triad series { I - III } of initiations in the OTO - that you mentioned in passing re the cards)  , of the many examples in nature, one is within the 4 forces of physics, the first 3 can be 'unified'   but not the 4th ,Gravity, hence no 'Unified Field Theory'. 

..... actually, there is so much in there ( that blog entry),has resonance and, in ways, collates with parts of my life experience, internally and externally ..... its actually quite fascinating !   I was nodding, getting surprised and agreeing every few sentences .

I could read it as someone who was not really exploring and wondering about their experiences, but had studied and expereinced a whole range of things I have and was dropping hints to me  .     ...... Curious ! 

But, as you say, this is supposed to be a visual thread ..... so  

lust_thoth_lg1.jpg                                                                       a013315e03b664b29d594f46dfa79c38.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

" But there's no bottom, none,

In my voluptuousness: your wives, your daughters, 
Your matrons and your maids, could not fill up 
The cistern of my lust ."

(Malcolm speaking to Macduff about Macbeth)

"Of what worth is gold in the mine ?"

( Pan questioning the guardian of Luna's temple. )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Oh now you've done it. I'll be searching for images again...

Glutton for punishment ?    :)     I actually understood what you wrote.

I didn't meant to imply anybody wouldn't understand it.

Only that they might have to be awoken several times to get through it LOL.

very interesting especially the part where first the woman wrestles...

Just a little vision. That particular vision is where I first met 2nd of 4 (the metallic-golden eagle), which is what had meaning to me about it. The first time I saw the 'Lust' card in Thoth Tarot (much later) I burst out laughing. Yeah that was pretty obvious.

I was thinking the fold division might be similar to the kabbalistic  'parts' of the soul, but you only mentioned 1  kabbalistic part.

I don't know much about the Kabbalah, or QBLH as I usually call it. I mean I've seen the tree and nearly all my experiences, someone later tells me are nearly textbook right out of that development cycle, but for me they're coming spontaneously. So I'm not even sure what the 1 part is.

The blog commenter mentioned in that article brought up the Yod-Heh-Vau-Heh reference. I don't know if it relates to that or not.

A passing Egyptian phase, that had little interest?

Yeah, not really my thing. I guess this might be the thing about experience being spontaneous rather than pursued in many cases. You just get what you get, and think, "Uh, ok, sure, thanks I guess." I'm kind of on the practical side. Do I care about the stuff I can't actually use for something either in meditation or to pay rent? Not really, no. I realize I'm kind of the clueless idiot of the metaphysical world because of this, but it's probably also the reason I'm not off the side of the road selling crystals or something too, so I accept this in myself.

one in the 'pre-Egyptian' as well

2nd of 4. Her presenting species is a people I am pretty sure the oldest Egyptians were trying to be like. Might have been ever so slightly related to in the early generations.

your little tables of 4 -  I have worked on a much longer one

No kidding! I've never really pursued that, but it's very interesting. There is some other stuff not in there that I am not sure how to track, partly because it reminds me of the "correspondences" -- like that black, deep red, and rectangle are all senior's energy (1st of 4). I mean literally anywhere in our world these are present, it is his energy. Round, golden, and torus/toroid are all queen's energy (2nd of 4). My twin/mate (3rd of 4) so far seems to correlate to sky-blue and white but I'm less clear on that, and not too clear at all on 4th of 4 (of which I'm an Aeon). I don't see this reflected in Thoth Tarot (except perhaps red in Wands) so I'm not sure if I'm perceiving it correctly or might be talking of something else.

the first three form the fourth

To me the first three are a trinity of their own. Then yeah, in a separate realm that is more like mine, is the 4th of 4, but it's more like... cell division as I perceive it. That 1st is just 1. 2nd makes 2. 3rd is borne of the 1 and 2. But 4th is basically both divided-from and replicated-from 3rd (who being composed of 1 and 2, of course means 4th is 'composed of' 1,2,3). Fourth is... smaller though, not sure why, perhaps the nature of the substrate energy it's created within in this other realm, but 3rd "contains it." 3rd is basically the-containing-soul. But, 3rd is very affected by 4th which is not quite half of him in that perspective.

a title of the first triad series { I - III } of initiations in the OTO

Malkuth/man of earth was the commenter mention not mine. I wouldn't know much about the Order stuff. My exposure to the group was limited. That happened in the early to mid 90s for me only thanks to some very heavy-duty dreams. I should have learned from the symbolism given me at the time but it took me a while to figure it out. Finally I just said Aleister live your own damn life, you had your chance, this is mine not yours, and went on my way. I still have dreams with both him and Israel from time to time, as if the three of us are profound friends on some other level, and occasionally associate something in an experience to a line in Liber al vel Legis (usually followed by someone internal going no, it doesn't mean that, it means this instead, lol), but I don't consider the occult part of my current life. Perhaps someday I'll change my mind, I am always learning and changing. 

within the 4 forces of physics, the first 3 can be 'unified'   but not the 4th ,Gravity, hence no 'Unified Field Theory'

I don't believe in gravity. :-)  I'm a plasma-physics not red-shift fan.

a whole range of things I have and was dropping hints to me

That's awesome! It's very rare I meet people I have a lot in common with, since my stuff is independent. I mean it clearly overlaps with lots of traditional studies, but as I lack the actual "study" -- it's spontaneous experience for the most part -- usually that's where I lose everyone.

Much of the stuff on that blog is truly mind-numbingly dull -- I wasn't kidding, I do it as a discipline -- but the few main pages and the categories might narrow down a search.

And now I have to find pictures for the picture thread. And hopefully make it not offtopic although I expect there's some flex on that. Hang on...

Alright. One my favorite artists, Michael Parkes, has a pic I love of the 'Lion' (3rd of 4 exalted is the lion).

Entry1_1029_Large_Fullsize.jpg

One of my favorite comics ever

then-a-miracle-happens.gif

And just so we have something beautiful

snap_01845.jpg

• Like 4

I love the comic .... insert   ' X'   or  "a factor infinite and unknown' ... or a stack of turtles.

Well, we cant know everything . 

• Like 2