11:33

Who Are the Living Enlightened Masters?

People here talk allot about Master Wang Liping (of the Dragon Gate sect of the Quan Zhen school of Taoism in China) as being a full realized Living Taoist Immortal. I dont know much besides his rep, but he has a seriously high rep. There is a book about his training called Opening the Dragon Gate

Also John Chang of Java is thought to be a very powerful master, another Living Taoist Immortal. The sect he is from is called Mo Pai. His rep comes largely from some crazy videos, like the Ring of Fire documentary, look him up on you tube or read The Magus Of Java

If you search these names on this forum, you will find allot of posts

Edited by erdweir

I've heard of both, and am familiar with people with powers and "abilities" but are they considered Enlightened?

I've heard of both, and am familiar with people with powers and "abilities" but are they considered Enlightened?

Who could say?

So are there no officially recognized Enlightened people on Earth? I was thinking about becoming Enlightened and thought it made the most sense to find the Enlightened people to learn from...

Most of the enlightened masters I have read about spent years on solitary meditation. Maybe you should try that? People who go off in search of masters usually end up as slaves.

Most of the enlightened masters I have read about spent years on solitary meditation. Maybe you should try that? People who go off in search of masters usually end up as slaves.

Interesting. So are you saying that most of the enlightened masters you've read about didn't come from spiritual lineages? They just meditated for years on their own? That seems counterintuitive, but hey so was physics, so I'll accept it if it is true.

So are there no officially recognized Enlightened people on Earth?

It is good that you have aspirations for enlightenment, you are on the right track.

How would you know if you found such a person ?

They don't have certificates or medals dripping from them. :P

There are probably many enlightened people on earth, from all traditions.

Finding/meeting them is another thing.

So are there no officially recognized Enlightened people on Earth? I was thinking about becoming Enlightened and thought it made the most sense to find the Enlightened people to learn from...

There are quite a few considered elightened - maybe too many.... In US a lot of people consider Adyashanti an Enlightened being and imho he is pretty awesome...

Lets get down to it. 11:33 asked who are the living people who are considered to be enlightened. Other than Orb who offered Adyashanti, everyone has just given evasive non-answers. Of course answering the question is not entirely straightforward, but it is an interesting and relevant thing to compile a little list.

Anyone in the Tibetan tradition with the title rinpoche is recognized as enlightened, but that doesnt mean that they really are. Daniel Ingram has recognized himself as enlightened, and if you are serious about getting there yourself, you should definitely check out his book (which is available for free online). He breaks down the practices and experiences in a practical, specific way like no-one else.

The powers or energy these people have is just a sign of their achievement, not the goal.

Guest sykkelpump

Lets get down to it. 11:33 asked who are the living people who are considered to be enlightened. Other than Orb who offered Adyashanti, everyone has just given evasive non-answers. Of course answering the question is not entirely straightforward, but it is an interesting and relevant thing to compile a little list.

Anyone in the Tibetan tradition with the title rinpoche is recognized as enlightened, but that doesnt mean that they really are. Daniel Ingram has recognized himself as enlightened, and if you are serious about getting there yourself, you should definitely check out his book (which is available for free online). He breaks down the practices and experiences in a practical, specific way like no-one else.

Master Nan is definitive considered enlightened.

I have also heard pretty much the same sort of story with someone pretty much ending up being subservient to their masters like that.

On the main topic though, I also have to agree that spending quality time with solitary meditation is probably the best bet for this kind of thing. I mean sure, there are probably other ways that might get you there, but in the long run meditation seems to be the most reliable route to take.

Edited by Cyril

Have you tried the Yellow Pages? :)

Enlightenment is such a loaded word, it means different things to different people. Some people's standards are having godlike powers, others place the bar at a psychological non duality.

I like the term complete human being. Simple, healthy, non egotistical who move through life with a graceful flow.

I find myself being a complete human being 20 seconds a day. Next year I'm shooting for 40 :)

Michael

Enlightenment is such a loaded word, it means different things to different people. Some people's standards are having godlike powers, others place the bar at a psychological non duality.

I like the term complete human being. Simple, healthy, non egotistical who move through life with a graceful flow.

I find myself being a complete human being 20 seconds a day. Next year I'm shooting for 40 :)

Michael

I'm with you on this one bro'

:D

Enlightenment is such a loaded word, it means different things to different people.

Enlightenment can be a loaded word, but I actually like it, and words like illuminati, because they contain the word light or lumina, which to me is the crux of the matter.

Edited by erdweir

My Mate Brian is enlightened. 70 years old but moves like he is twenty, still surfs big waves takeing off deeper then I could ever hope to.Lives in a house amongst the tall gums he hand built himself without- a single nail- all perfect and percise joinery.

He always thinks about what he is going to say before he opens his mouth,he chews his food throughly,walks lightly,speaks gentley and everyone is the better for hanging out with him.His wood sculpture have been sold around the world,he writes great poetry,sings and has a million great stories.

Recently he had his annual check up and his doctor told his wife that he had the blood pressure and cardio fitness of a fit forty year old.

When I asked his wife what his sceret was, she just laugh and said "No sceret he just doesn't worry about anything,nothing bothers him."

Ha :lol: