Wells

reality is like a dream

Lots of good discussion about the content of dreams, but what about the architecture and the mechanisms at play?

Assuming that Daskalos is correct when he says that dreams don't exist, that they are actually manifestations in the psychical planes or noetical planes, what are the implications?

The tool of dreams is visualization. In the psychical planes (astral planes) visualization is the tool that is used to create your environment. In those planes, you can create anything you wish. You can materialize a house, a splendid garden, water fountains, anything you'd like. You can also visit other beings whom have done the same. You can spend some time manifesting different environments if you so wished. However, it requires the ability to visualize.

People without this ability, whom have never developed it fall victim to their subconscious habits and impressions when they visit the astral planes. The subconscious throws up the visualizations based on what most imprinted in it during the day or recent past. And, not having much control over their conscious mind, some people cannot bring back the correct cognizance of the events from the astral so the experiences appear as nonsensical "dreams" or nightmares..

Imagine going to a plane where what you visualize becomes what you see, taste, hear, smell and feel. And, if you don't visualize consciously (never practiced or mastered visualization), what ever is manifested is what your subconscious is throwing out there. Or, perhaps you experience what some other being is manifesting.

The key then becomes to develop your powers of visualization during the waking hours so that you can gain a foothold in the "dreaming hours". There is much truth in that.

:)

• Like 3

Struck me the other day how another aspect of life and reality emulates the dream states, based on something I think Karl said about the origin of the universe not having a set beginning, not being created, it just was...  Reminded me a lot of how I interact with my dreams.  Most often, there is not a clear recollection of the start of a dream, I become lucid as it plays out and I'm suddenly aware of things and my apparent place in them.

Reality reflects dreams for me in this way.  We have no clear, distinct recollection of the origin of reality.  It just was and one moment, we found ourselves aware that we are interacting with it.

• Like 3

Struck me the other day how another aspect of life and reality emulates the dream states, based on something I think Karl said about the origin of the universe not having a set beginning, not being created, it just was...  Reminded me a lot of how I interact with my dreams.  Most often, there is not a clear recollection of the start of a dream, I become lucid as it plays out and I'm suddenly aware of things and my apparent place in them.

Reality reflects dreams for me in this way.  We have no clear, distinct recollection of the origin of reality.  It just was and one moment, we found ourselves aware that we are interacting with it.

Not just in dreams but in your own reality, there is no origin to say.  You can not explain how you were born into this world at this specific time and place with a specific parents.  :)  Much like dreams.  However, I do remember that in some dreams I would see myself sleeping, as in what I was actually doing in my real life.  Sometimes, I see myself sleeping in my own room or in some place else.  Once woke up, I became aware of the "situation."  That is.....I was in a specific dream context with a specific contextual element with its own karmic force. I would become fully aware of this force.  I would just play along and to allow things to unfold.   

• Like 3

sometimes my dreams seem to have more reality than memories

I watched a program a while back and they demonstrated how our brain lies to us all the time.

• Like 3

I watched a program a while back and they demonstrated how our brain lies to us all the time

Our perceptions are not reality. 

Kind of like a dream to me.

• Like 5

I watched a program a while back and they demonstrated how our brain lies to us all the time.

We are defined by the post-hoc explanations that we generate to make sense of the world around us, as this split brain study demonstrates, but this false reasoning would stop if both hemispheres could stay conscious at the same time, which I gather is very likely what's happening when the UDT is developed. 

Gazzaniga developed what he calls the interpreter theory to explain why people — including split-brain patients — have a unified sense of self and mental life3. It grew out of tasks in which he asked a split-brain person to explain in words, which uses the left hemisphere, an action that had been directed to and carried out only by the right one. “The left hemisphere made up a post hoc answer that fit the situation.” In one of Gazzaniga's favourite examples, he flashed the word 'smile' to a patient's right hemisphere and the word 'face' to the left hemisphere, and asked the patient to draw what he'd seen. “His right hand drew a smiling face,” Gazzaniga recalled. “'Why did you do that?' I asked. He said, 'What do you want, a sad face? Who wants a sad face around?'.” The left-brain interpreter, Gazzaniga says, is what everyone uses to seek explanations for events, triage the barrage of incoming information and construct narratives that help to make sense of the world.

http://www.nature.com/news/the-split-brain-a-tale-of-two-halves-1.10213

• Like 3

Astrally we go travelling in our dreams sometimes, you can tell when you are conscious enough as they are of a completely different order than regular emotional dreams, far more interesting but less rejuvinating. They are far more obvious if you get your astral body cleared before going to sleep.

• Like 6

Astrally we go travelling in our dreams sometimes, you can tell when you are conscious enough as they are of a completely different order than regular emotional dreams, far more interesting but less rejuvinating. They are far more obvious if you get your astral body cleared before going to sleep.

How do you do this?

• Like 1

did anyone experience strong symbolic dreams? they seem very rare to me, and much more clear then usual dreams - one can remember all details and they are filled with strong symbolic meanings and emotionally very charged

these dreams, and I did not have many, seem much more real then reality to me - more alive and meaningful

but maybe my day to day life is so boring that I just became a romantic "taugenichts" (good for nothing) and dreamer....

EDIT: I guess jetsun knows what I am talking about

Edited by RigdzinTrinley
  • Like 2

How do you do this?

I do it using tools I obtained in a healing modality I learned called Vortex healing, I could do it for you one night if you like as an experiment

Edited by Jetsun