Zensunni Wanderer

Leaving, Soon As I Came

"Leaving, soon as I came..." - Sounds like a cadish way to treat a lover!

If that's yr routine the word will get out and soon no more lovers!

It's already abundantly clear that this place is kind of a circle jerk.

Allow me to compliment you on your astute perceptivity.

...I'm absenting myself.

Wise choice. "Life is elsewhere" (Rimbaud and Milan Kundera)...in particular, not on the internet. Check in from time to time to see who has learned this as evidenced by their absence...this post, ahem, notwithstanding...funny, the ultimate achievement of a Taoist website is one where noobs post to a void...must within look for answers entail would it...mmmm Gautama?

Now do your self a favor and go culture it on your own...all the Buddhas are doing it :).

Lovin' y'all...

May I never see your name on this site again :),

xeno

Don't you just hate it when life is like that :lol:

Lily Allen is one of my favourite singers and YES ! I hate it when that happens and YES! it has already happened to me and YES! It should absolutely be avoided. Here is an idea how to avoid it.

"Don't act too jerky right away." - We have enough of us doing that. YES! Myself included

OR

"Begin like you intend to continue" - Stay and be a jerk with us all

And the circle shall be complete! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously dude. Are you from 4chan or something?

Kate

sock puppet troll alert! sock puppet troll alert! everyone ignore this thread right now (ie use the ignore function) it is clearly obvious from the fact that he referenced the "beardliness" of a sage that he must be one and the same person who started another thread about it, purely for the desired effect of textually abusing people... :lol:

so much of what we say is hearsay so why say?

(snatches ian's baked potato and throws it to the next person; hot potato! hot potato!)

It's weird, just yesterday I was "Thetahealing" my computer clean of viruses & malware, and "prying" these infections out. Then I went upline to the internet, and "saw" it just spewing loads of thick, black gunk out like crude oil. The whole thing was like a giant sewage pool! I did a cleansing of the Internet and sent all that up to God's Light. Although, it's probably only a temporary measure...

But it made me realize that the internet could possibly be used to disseminate negative energy to the populace - and in effect create a toxic circle jerk and feedback loops in the same dirty bathwater. So, we should really put "spiritual" firewalls on our computers and work on purifying its contents, if it can indeed serve as such an energetic conduit right into our homes & minds!

You are a good man brother.

How to use this forum:

Equanimity practice. There are a lot of rubbish posts and comments, this is the internet after all. Spectacular claims, magical thinking, and ego junkies are the training ground for a balanced mind. To quote a friend, "living in society makes the strong stronger and the weak weaker."

Reviewing and restructuring. Sometimes a good question comes up and you've either experienced or studied the topic at hand. Take an opportunity to revise and refresh your ability to communicate on the subject.

Question collector. Answers are dead, incomplete things. They lack nuance and soul. Questions, on the other hand, are the starting line for understanding. This place is rife with questions.

Symptom study. Few forums have so many people sharing their symptoms, emotions, and energetic sensations. Great for TCM study and surely applicable to other students of the mind-body.

Mirror me. Most of the advice we give, we're really giving for ourselves. With only a bit of introspection, we can find what annoys us about others, the places we feel the need to intervene - it's all directly related to us. Something we can't accept about ourselves, something we want to change. Your advice is a sign of where you're at. It's how you see your own life.

And on and on...

And maybe something you write just might help someone.

Edited by 松永道

How to use this forum:

Equanimity practice. There are a lot of rubbish posts and comments, this is the internet after all. Spectacular claims, magical thinking, and ego junkies are the training ground for a balanced mind. To quote a friend, "living in society makes the strong stronger and the weak weaker."

Reviewing and restructuring. Sometimes a good question comes up and you've either experienced or studied the topic at hand. Take an opportunity to revise and refresh your ability to communicate on the subject.

Question collector. Answers are dead, incomplete things. They lack nuance and soul. Questions, on the other hand, are the starting line for understanding. This place is rife with questions.

Symptom study. Few forums have so many people sharing their symptoms, emotions, and energetic sensations. Great for TCM study and surely applicable to other students of the mind-body.

Mirror me. Most of the advice we give, we're really giving for ourselves. With only a bit of introspection, we can find what annoys us about others, the places we feel the need to intervene - it's all directly related to us. Something we can't accept about ourselves, something we want to change. Your advice is a sign of where you're at. It's how you see your own life.

And on and on...

And maybe something you write just might help someone.

Great summary.

If I might add:

Defining polar opposites:

Purists vs synthesists (a little bit of this and a bit of that)

Recluses vs Societydwellers

Realists (Mundane life is the real deal - let all else be) vs Illusionists( "real life" hides the real truth and it's funky)

Philosophical vs religious daoists

The No-nonsense camp vs "believers"

The Kunluners vs the Rest

The list goes on and on...

But in the end, we all want this forum to serve this purpose, no?:

Please tell me when you find a taoist board where the people

are more rational and down to earth and not living in their ivory towers,

because I had no luck in that!

True but sadly it won't work because the ignorance is much too deep...

I would not advice a board but a place like the one depicted in my avatar. Best place to find humble "Taoists": granite rocks, mountains, snow, sun, moon, water, trees and wildlife. ;)

Get the hell out of here! :D

Edited: typo.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

I'd like to try an experiment. I'd like to see Zensunni Wanderer and Mak Tin Si have a conversation. Sounds interesting?

In faaact :lol: hear this:

alchemy deals with mixing different substances, right?

each of us is a one-time ingredient

the taobums is the pot

and each thread is a recepy

^_^

Dudes and Ladies

Not that I expect anyone to give a shit either way, but I'm absenting myself. It's already abundantly clear that this place is kind of a circle jerk.

Person A: Some dude from east of the Ukraine with a beard and/or robe said something that makes no sense. Let's follow it.

Person B: Here's why that makes perfect sense and we need to run with it! Robe/beard guy is so amazing and compassionate.

Person C: Wait, that seems suspect to me.

A&B: You're a troll, why can't you appreciate how wise and compassionate robe/beard guy is.

Person D: Yeah, this is wisdom from ASIA. It must be true, racist.

Person E: here's some health advice I'm totally unqualified to give, too. I took six weeks of herbalism and shiatsu at the mall once, so let me diagnose you, person I've never met.

Person D: Ad I'll add a cryptic faux-Koan!

I generally try to avoid group sex, so I'll leave y'all to it. best wishes.

Sometimes you have to pass by the dog shit to get to a flower. There is some of what you put going on here, but it certainly isn't everyone. Pick the posts that work for you and ignore the others. Or take off... whatever works for you.

Hurling insults though, that's only going to make you more upset. Smile with compassion/empathy when you scroll past the posts that you think are bs.

Good luck, this is the best forum I've found to be able to talk freely but that means you have to apply the filters, not the forum or it's members.

alchemy deals with mixing different substances, right?

Originally it's just the craft of casting (metal). Later it was all about making gold through transmutation.

I come here for advice, OP, not a full-blown method. Perhaps you are looking for what you cannot find here: your opinion.

It is up to you to find what is best for you, and judge the quality of the advice you're given.

That being said, I think it was unwise of you to attempt to ostracize yourself from the community and shut doors.

But it is not your fault, definitely a strong ego reaction. Do not worry though, we are compassionate, and will welcome you back, knowing you never left.

I just thought: Maybe Zensunni Wanderer has already been gone since starting this thread and you're all talking to the void.

Damn, you guys had group sex and no one PMed me? :(

I guess we almost nearly did;-)

Anyway, I should be calling Mal on his offer ;-) It seems your practice is a goer!

I just thought: Maybe Zensunni Wanderer has already been gone since starting this thread and you're all talking to the void.

well, with the near 1,000 views this thread has as i type this i hardly think folks are talking at the void, unless you are using the buddhist paradigm of void ;)

Damn, you guys had group sex and no one PMed me? :(

How about a .....

128733660432121510.jpg

and we can see how friendly we feel after ...... :lol:

Anyway, I should be calling Mal on his offer ;-) It seems your practice is a goer!

friend of a friend, remember a friend of a friend :P

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.

- Abba Eban

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.

- Abba Eban

:lol: that is hilarious! and seems to be pretty true at the same time; however i would add the word 'only' in front of once