sean

What are you listening to?

Yep. I still love Leonard although that song isn't one of my favorites.

Its a grower! I've listened to this about 5 times.

My all time favorite LC album is the 1979 'Recent Songs'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_Songs

favorite song"Ballad of the Absent Mare" - 6:26

but here's something totally different!!!

I can't say I ever heard that song. I had to go to Lenny's web site and read the lyrics while he was singing the song.

I must say that this song is pretty gritty, even for Lenny. And second, you don't hear horns as dominate in Lenny's songs as they were in this song.

The song might have been just a toy he was playing with. (Pun intended.)

I need mention this.

I just listened to a beautiful song. Written by a woman, but sang by a man. This Old Time music was popular before women were allowed to perform in public and were never allowed to record music.

The song sounds weird at first and requires a mental adjustment in order to appreciate its beauty. (It was sung by Jimmie Rogers.)

i really enjoyed this Indian-Muslim devotional song...

and this, from the same album...

• Like 2

Listening to a song sung in a language I have no idea about and never heard before but find the music pleasing to my ears

:)

Do you have a link to it?

Listening to a song sung in a language I have no idea about and never heard before but find the music pleasing to my ears

:)

My least favorite instrument is the human voice and I often find the words of songs distracting from the experience.

Not always of course there are some amazing exceptions to this for me, but in general, I prefer instrumental music, or music sung in foreign languages so I can just bask in the sounds without the mind trying to interpret the story...

• Like 2

... I prefer instrumental music, or music sung in foreign languages so I can just bask in the sounds without the mind trying to interpret the story...

Ah!, you have not learned to do that with languages you understand if you listen to the words.

A lot of my music is sung in languages I do not understand. But I listen to them from the perspective of how well the vocals support the instruments and how well the instruments support the vocals. I don't necessarily listen to the words.

Yeah, the power of love can cause one to do some pretty strange things. But then, many people do pretty strange things anyhow so what can I say?

I'm back to Swamp Pop music this morning. Yesterday it was Chicago Blues.

Today is LA & Oakland hip-hop day.

Albums played so far:

Blu & Mainframe - Johnson & Jonson

Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them

Aceyalone & Rjd2 - Magnificent City

Del - No Need for Alarm

and later, probably:

Deltron - Deltron 3030

Souls of Mischief - '93 'Til Infinity

I love hip-hop. It's... instupicuous!