Long Yun

What's up with those pictures?

Interesting, so have you taken Jenny's workshop and found out what this higher level "missing" part is? And what would it lead to that Max hasn't got? If not, I wonder if Cameron did when he went?

And what's her goal with Spontaneous Adjustment Qigong (Zi Dong Tiao Zheng Gong 自動調整功) vs Max's (Gold Dragon Body?)?

PS - Enjoyed your book so far, Ya Mu - and thanks for posting here! :)

I should say I have no clue. I did not study with Jenny. All I am aware of is what Max has written in his book. I am not sure if she has begun teaching the advanced level, which she said Max was unaware of. I did not at that point ask her how "important" this missing piece was after she said it was "important". My purpose of talking to her was to mainly seek help with my practice, and she did offer whatever she could. All this "extra" talk just happened. As for the golden body, I still don't understand conceptually what it is, so I won't say anything about it. :D Sifu Zhixing Wang once talked about it, but not sure if what he said is of any relevance within the Kunlun context.

Edited by dizzydazzle

Ahhhhhhhh...the questions go and on and and on :lol:

I don't want to play any games with you Taobums. I will tell you exactly what I have been told regarding this system. After this that's it. Out of respect for Chris, Max, Sifu Jenny and all he wonderful people I have met from this practice. It's not my place. But since I was one of the first here to practice this here is what I know:

The "Kunun" practice is from Maoshan Pai. This was told to me first by Chris at the last workshop in NJ. Then I asked Sifu Jenny directly about this at her seiminar. Where is this practice from? Sifu Jenny looked me in the eyes and said the practice is from Maoshan.

She also told us the name for the practice is Yi Gong.

Sifu Jenny is traditional. She is also a Taoist and Buddhist Scholar. She is extremely careful and meticulous when researching anything. My take is she took this practice as a great gift from her teacher and didn't really have an intention to spread it to the world. She likes small groups. So she probably intended to pass it on here or there.

She says the level 1 of Yi Gong is all you need. And she is still exploring the level 1 practice.

There is another practice that goes with Yi Gong. But it sounded like none us are near the level to learn it yet. Jenny mentioned Kan was ready but he flew back to Japan before she could see him.

She teaches in a very one on one way. So if your interested in studying with her stop all the gossip and talk on Taobums and make the effort to either make one of her workshops or set something up with her. My impression of her is she is open to hellping people but she isn't interested in organizing seminars. I have already mentioned to my East Coast Kunlun friends that seeing Jenny would more than likely be a great benefit if they want to get something going in the future.

Sifu Jenny said the goal if Yi Gong practice is non duality. Essentially the same goal in Zen, Advaita and other spiritual paths.

Sifu Max is another universe :lol:

Max told me at the first free talk I met him about his "aunties". I mean it was one of the very first things he told us. Maax has studied with many people. Two of the main ones have been mentioned on Taobums before including Jenny. The other main one is Max's Maoshan Sifu in Hawaii. Max learned the Red Phoenix practice from this teacher.

Through his liefetime of studying Maoshan Pai practices like Red Phoenix Max then learned Yi Gong from Jenny. Max combined Yi Gong and Red Phoenix and he said this combination was a good fit. He also says he studied with his "aunties" in Beijing or are high level Maoshan Master's. They told him combining the practices lead to the attainment of Golden Dragon Body. Which Max says is the highest attainment a human being can achive.

Max went into some detail on GDB at the last NJ workshop. My take without having had the experience myself is it's like a great opening to the Tao at all levels. Being connected to this and the "other side" while still enjoying your human life. I don't know much else about it.

Now I will tell you guys what I was told and that's it from me. No more gossip, no more speculating about my teachers. I have already had to endure enough here. Here is what I was told.

Jenny does not recommend combining Red Phoenix with Yi Gong. She says they are different systems within Maoshan and not part of the same system. She said Yi Gong is all you need. it gives you everything.

Sifu Max obviously differs in opnion. Also, I will tell you all the truth. after Max gave me the Red Phoenix transmission it doesn't feel like it is my decision or not whether or not practice Red Phoenix. my feeling is my Red Phoenix and Kunlun/Yi Gong practice have been integrated and are really one.

I don't have a problem with that. Max is my first teacher of this system so I am fine doing it his way. However, if you really want to follow what Jenny says I would say just see her and not Max. Because my experience has been the Red Phoenix becomes a part of you after the transmission.

I embrace it. I am cool with it. I like the practice. I also appreciate that I got Jenny's perspective. They ARE different. Jenny says you don't need anything besides Yi Gong and Max gives you a powerful transmission and Red Phoenix.

Anyway, it was nice getting some more backround on these practices. It's cool to know that both Kunlun and Red Phoenix are Maoshan methods.

It's possible Max's understanding is greater. It's possible Jenny's is greater. My intention is to practice and come to my own understanding.

So follow your inner feelings. If it doesn't feel right to you do something else. This is the last time I will talk about my teachers here.

Peace,

Cam

Now I will tell you guys what I was told and that's it from me. No more gossip, no more speculating about my teachers. I have already had to endure enough here.

Thanks Cameron for walking this extra mile :D

And apologies for all that you've had to endure :D

On a more serious note, even a Guru-centric culture such as Hinduism does not recommend accepting everything the teacher says or placing the teacher above the teaching. Not that someone's doing that here, just felt like saying ... :D

This is the last time I will talk about my teachers here.

I hope you only mean the last time in this thread. :D

sarvejanaa sukhino bhavantu

Edited by dizzydazzle

I don't want to play any games with you Taobums. I will tell you exactly what I have been told regarding this system. After this that's it. Out of respect for Chris, Max, Sifu Jenny and all he wonderful people I have met from this practice. It's not my place. But since I was one of the first here to practice this here is what I know:

The "Kunun" practice is from Maoshan Pai. This was told to me first by Chris at the last workshop in NJ. Then I asked Sifu Jenny directly about this at her seiminar. Where is this practice from? Sifu Jenny looked me in the eyes and said the practice is from Maoshan.

Sifu Jenny is traditional. She is also a Taoist and Buddhist Scholar. She is extremely careful and meticulous when researching anything. My take is she took this practice as a great gift from her teacher and didn't really have an intention to spread it to the world. She likes small groups. So she probably intended to pass it on here or there.

She says the level 1 of Yi Gong is all you need. And she is still exploring the level 1 practice.

There is another practice that goes with Yi Gong. But it sounded like none us are near the level to learn it yet. Jenny mentioned Kan was ready but he flew back to Japan before she could see him.

She teaches in a very one on one way. So if your interested in studying with her stop all the gossip and talk on Taobums and make the effort to either make one of her workshops or set something up with her. My impression of her is she is open to hellping people but she isn't interested in organizing seminars. I have already mentioned to my East Coast Kunlun friends that seeing Jenny would more than likely be a great benefit if they want to get something going in the future.

Sifu Jenny said the goal if Yi Gong practice is non duality. Essentially the same goal in Zen, Advaita and other spiritual paths.

Max told me at the first free talk I met him about his "aunties". I mean it was one of the very first things he told us. Maax has studied with many people. Two of the main ones have been mentioned on Taobums before including Jenny. The other main one is Max's Maoshan Sifu in Hawaii. Max learned the Red Phoenix practice from this teacher.

Through his liefetime of studying Maoshan Pai practices like Red Phoenix Max then learned Yi Gong from Jenny. Max combined Yi Gong and Red Phoenix and he said this combination was a good fit. He also says he studied with his "aunties" in Beijing or are high level Maoshan Master's. They told him combining the practices lead to the attainment of Golden Dragon Body. Which Max says is the highest attainment a human being can achive.

Max went into some detail on GDB at the last NJ workshop. My take without having had the experience myself is it's like a great opening to the Tao at all levels. Being connected to this and the "other side" while still enjoying your human life. I don't know much else about it.

Now I will tell you guys what I was told and that's it from me. No more gossip, no more speculating about my teachers. I have already had to endure enough here. Here is what I was told.

Jenny does not recommend combining Red Phoenix with Yi Gong. She says they are different systems within Maoshan and not part of the same system. She said Yi Gong is all you need. it gives you everything.

Sifu Max obviously differs in opnion. Also, I will tell you all the truth. after Max gave me the Red Phoenix transmission it doesn't feel like it is my decision or not whether or not practice Red Phoenix. my feeling is my Red Phoenix and Kunlun/Yi Gong practice have been integrated and are really one.

I don't have a problem with that. Max is my first teacher of this system so I am fine doing it his way. However, if you really want to follow what Jenny says I would say just see her and not Max. Because my experience has been the Red Phoenix becomes a part of you after the transmission.

I embrace it. I am cool with it. I like the practice. I also appreciate that I got Jenny's perspective. They ARE different. Jenny says you don't need anything besides Yi Gong and Max gives you a powerful transmission and Red Phoenix.

Anyway, it was nice getting some more backround on these practices. It's cool to know that both Kunlun and Red Phoenix are Maoshan methods.

It's possible Max's understanding is greater. It's possible Jenny's is greater. My intention is to practice and come to my own understanding.

So follow your inner feelings. If it doesn't feel right to you do something else. This is the last time I will talk about my teachers here.

Peace,

Cam

Muchos gracias, Camz! Some great, useful clarification there...

I'm still busy digesting what Max gave me, but Jenny sounds like she could be helpful once you attain GDB like Kan...

But I also wonder what the exact Chinese character for "Yi" in Yi Gong is, though? That could help clarify things further... And, how does nonduality relate to "enlightenment" or wu wei?

(Sorry, I know you said no more questions, but...still can't help but wonder, lol.)

Yi=mind intent

Gong=path, way, practice

One of her favorite books is "I am That".

Ok, that's it!

:)

Peace,

Cam

Thank you very much for that description! Don't practice Kunlun with Max or anyone, as I've said before, every once in a while my interest gets peaked, but I'm holding off on it till I get through some other stuff and figure things out. That being said, I still like to get as much info on something before I get too invested in it (money's tight at the moment for me, so that goes double as well), so thanks for clearing that stuff up :)

My intention is to practice and come to my own understanding.

There endeth the lesson :)

peace to you too Cameron and thank you for that post

@froggie

Why do you think I was implying fraud? I'm just researching out of curiosity (and still not getting what the photos are about. A textile thing on a wall? And the orb thing is what exactly? Visible only in camera or human eye also?)

They are visible to the eye, depending on your own 'level' though, they can be less clear, or more or less clear than on a photo, or even more clear than on a photo, or they could also be there and one won't see them.

It is my opinion that a camera can be quite sensitive in capturing light/'energy', but you are also right that it doesn't discriminate in anything, if it's something else it will also put it on the picture.

You're welcome. Hmm.. that's a good question! Not a very easy one to answer though. I think that it's a bit of a grey area. The whole idea of it is 'you are your own teacher'... so that pretty much obviates the issue.

I think if you know yourself well enough to know you like to have regular contact with a teacher, then this system isnt designed in a way that will make you happy.

You have your kunlun family to turn to. ie fellow practitioners. How much that meets your needs is variable, and how useful it is is debatable.

Thank you cat I appreciate your honesty. Joe.

Joe,

You seem to be saying the exact stuff I wanted to say at one point in time when repeated emails to the concerned person fetched no reply and my nerves were going crazy with Kunlun. I was told attending seminar was the only way to get help. Unfortunately, my commitments did not permit that. And the aggressive marketing for the seminar, excessive focus on stuff like people emitting light or flying up and down - accompanied by a rude refusal to help without attending a seminar was a big turn-off. Sifu Chunyi lin was of great help in fixing me up. What did the harm and how much, I won't get into at this point as that will not do any good to anyone. Reason for that is the lack of established and verifiable facts and a deep respect for Sifu Lin. :)

If you notice closely, the initial advertising line of "Book is all you need. 100 days of celibacy can sort of make up for transmission" has now been replaced with "The book is at most an accompaniment and is simply complimentary to the seminar". There has been some thinking behind this I guess....good this has been stated...

But yes, your question of what after "one" seminar still remains. The Kunlun community here has been hardly helpful, at least for me, except for some of Yoda's stuff, well-meaning, practical and devoid of "let go, feel love, see through inner eye, smell the armpit blah blah". The whole problem is that practitioners are stating their experience or points of view as the right ones or as that of Max/Jenny. Whether unintentionally or not, those who need to remain silent when they do not know what they are talking about, are trying to speak for Max. While it is the responsibility of the questioner to carefully choose from a long list of suggestions, I don't think it is incorrect to expect the supposedly senior practitioners to show some consideration by not saying stuff they have no clue about. So I doubt if this Kunlun community can serve the needs of all categories of novices.

I've read your post again and would just like to thank you for sharing, with what you, cat and other Kunlun students have said I have a better idea of what kind of support I can expect from the Kunlun community if I run into any problems. Joe.

Edited by farmerjoe

It always boils down to truth is truth and illusion is illusion. YOU must figure out what is what. Go with your intuition and make decisions from the heart.

Thank you. You were very patient with me and I appreciate it. I will buy your book. Joe

Dizzydazzle,

What's your problem? First you complain about not getting answers, and then when people who practice try to share info on the forum, you are rude to them. Why?

Scott - who is your avatar a picture of?

I know I'm not Scott but the picture is of Amma The Hugging Mother.

:D

Sri Anandamayi Ma

...isn't Amma the hugging mother a different person?

Edited by Scotty

quote(farmerjoe @ Mar 2 2009, 06:54 PM)

Okay. So in regards to the healing process the mind or what the person on the receiving end thinks about the whole thing is dismissed and plays no part in the outcome. What about in regards to someone using black magic against you would the same thing apply? Joe.

Actually not. This is a lower level form which does involve the mind. So your mental preparations would have an effect.

If I didn't believe in voodoo would it affect me? Is it my mind that gives permission for something negative like that to hurt me? If I fear it will it then have the capacity to harm me? Is a positive thought enough to keep me safe? Are you talking about visualizing protection around yourself? Or is it enough to just walk with a knowing that you are safe and things like that can't hurt you because what you are/what's inside of you will transform it into something positive anyway? I guess you can tell I'd like to know more about this huh? :) Joe.

Edited by farmerjoe

My intention is to practice and come to my own understanding.

After 6 Max and 1 Jenny seminar I should hope so! :lol: Thank you

Cameron for sharing more about your experiences with your teachers. Joe.

If I didn't believe in voodoo would it affect me? Is it my mind that gives permission for something negative like that to hurt me? If I fear it will it then have the capacity to harm me? Is a positive thought enough to keep me safe? Are you talking about visualizing protection around yourself? Or is it enough to just walk with a knowing that you are safe and things like that can't hurt you because what you are/what's inside of you will transform it into something positive anyway? I guess you can tell I'd like to know more about this huh? :) Joe.

You have a PM.

This has been one of the best Kunlun (read: going all over the place about a lot of important cultivation issues) threads. Thanks to all the people who have participated and opened up.

I'm in a grateful mood, so in particular:

Cam and dizzydazzle, it is always great when people help clear the fog of storytelling around these things. Thanks.

Ya Mu: I always love reading your take on things. Thank you for that all you contribute here. I really want to study with you at some point (still). I am unsure about the coming seminar for various reasons, but I remain hopeful.

Guru Santi: I really appreciate all you contribute here as well. Looking at your avatar produces an ear-to-ear grin on my face that lasts for several minutes. May the Infinite One bless you many times over for all the energy and wisdom you so freely give out. I love you!

Joe: I sincerely hope you find a practice to get settled into that you don't have to worry yourself to tears about. I am a worrier too, and have been around and around about Kunlun, and a lot of other stuff too for that matter. These days I just DO spontaneous movement, i.e. it's not Max's or Jennys or Maoshan or whatever, it's MINE and I just do whatever. Sometimes sitting, sometimes standing, in the kunlun posture, in horse stance, in wuji stance, in configurations I learned in KAP, WHATEVER. I just try to smile, relax, maintain some semblance of correct posture and breathing, then move into trying let go of the mind and just observe (all to various degrees of success). It seems to be working pretty well for me.

The Kunlun book got me into this spontaneous motion stuff. Were it not for Max's book and all the discussion he has generated here I know I would have never really considered LETTING GO and not being afraid to go totally nuts with the motion, or at least not for a really long time. That has opened up so a whole new dimension to my cultivation, and for that I am very grateful to Max.

May the Infinite One bless you many times over for all the energy and wisdom you so freely give out.

Please do not exaggerate. Guru Santi does not freely give anything. Everything he gives has a price and strict conditions on use. When you get some knowledge from him, you may do certain things with it, but you may not do certain other things, and so forth. And to receive it, you have to fulfill some conditions. Conditions are everywhere when Guru Santi is involved. And you have to pay money. I don't see Guru Santi say anything more than posting a smiley face, or a winkey face, or a one liner, or advertisement for a KAP class. In particular I haven't seen any in-depth elucidation or free sharing of real information.

For all I know he sells a great product, but he's a businessman and not a fount of free compassion that just oozes love in every direction with no strings attached.

Edited by goldisheavy