Long Yun

What's up with those pictures?

that is right its fake i don't know what i am doing : )
I haven't had personal interaction with you, but those who have around here generally have good impression of you. There's a vibe of respect that feels genuine to me.

So speaking of avatar picture exclusively, it isn't obviously notable by itself. Looks like plenty of pictures I've taken of lots of folks in various lighting, when some part of them gets a little washed out / over-exposed. Your experience might've been that they were glowing, and maybe they were, but it's not at all obvious from your avatar photo to this casual passer-by. :)

Trunk

Edited by Trunk

Looks like plenty of pictures I've taken of lots of folks in various lighting, when some part of them gets a little washed out / over-exposed. Your experience might've been that they were glowing, and maybe they were, but it's not at all obvious from your avatar photo to this casual passer-by. smile.gif

Good post.

I don't mean to be insulting at all but I tend to doubt that people are actually emitting light (which anyone could see with their eyes). If they do, maybe I'll see it one day in real life. Until then, who knows.

nice pics. (and info). i'm thankful. nothing is perfect (yet!)

(i guess that's -another- kind of inside joke? ;D

Edited by froggie

As you might have understood by now, I didn't say he doesn't have this ability. I just often add no disclaimer, you know. I tend to be very precise and when that becomes interpreted more generally by others, I am misunderstood. I think I'll have to meditate on that sometimes. :unsure:

Now what about this photo?:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?act=At...post&id=509

I see a party, maybe in a disco, UV light(!), UV active surfaces(!), fluorescent paint(!), some illuminated(?!) sign or something, all in half-darkness and a long exposure time making movements blurry. And this is meant to be a photo showing spiritually-powered glowing effects? How is this not a joke?! :huh:

Good post.

I don't mean to be insulting at all but I tend to doubt that people are actually emitting light (which anyone could see with their eyes). If they do, maybe I'll see it one day in real life. Until then, who knows.

'a' point is that you could see it with your eyes -how much- someone has (and various (other) side effects/things) but only if your eyes are trained enough (at least so far, if the whole world would train stuff liek that we'd see it all.)

everyone has some light emitting, just some have really HUGE amounts, and thick, etcetera. !

p.s. the cams are just like eyes, some are 'ok' at being able to pick that stuff up, some are completely not, and some pick up stuff that is Irrelevant to the question. but i'd call that more of a side note of intricacies and specifics rather than any kind of more significant answer; the one about camera's and future camera's etcetera.

edit: globally we're lagging in sweet and sound science anyway. could be fixed, but would take some eye opening on a little bigger scale than the (relatively) few who already can see more than 2 steps ahead.

Edited by froggie

The question to ask yourself is can you see energy,Auras, etc?
Oh, geez... not the old make-it-into-the-students'-faults trick. That's the second time I've fallen for that this month!

get_smart_5.jpg

Oh, geez... not the old make-it-into-the-students'-faults trick. That's the second time I've fallen for that this month!

get_smart_5.jpg

lol, depends on the actual person if it's a trick or not actually.

and it's only part of the question.

Edited by froggie

Sifu Jenny, who I would consider the other prominent teacher of Kunlun in the United States, doesn't advertise at all. So if the marketing turns you off you might consider seeing her to learn the practice. Cam

Something I'm curious about, is why he doesn't mention her on the site, if he learned Kunlun stuff from her? I would think he'd mention this here?

Sorry, I guess this is in the wrong thread. I am curious though, though also doubting if any of you can answer that. I kinda like his site though, all that stuff he teaches besides the Kunlun looks really cool too.

Edited by soundhunter

Seeing energy either requires that 1) That is your natural talent or 2) Raising the energy body vibrational frequency through time & effort energy practice. When one does that then they SEE that everyone glows. Energy practitioners that have put in the time & effort glow more than others.

Cameras sometimes pick this up and sometimes do not. I remember once when my wife and I were driving through New Mexico and passed through a sacred area. I all of a sudden pulled off the road, jumped out and started communing with a powerful spirit that I had sensed there. My wife took the opportunity to take some pictures. When we got the pics developed there was the spirit, very bright, just where I knew it was. Why they show up sometimes and not others I have ideas but really do not know.

get_smart_5.jpg

I didn't point fingers nor make any tricks. It just is what it is. : )

I will tell you this mouch if you "THINK" its impossible to emit energy from the hands as LIGHT you will never do it.

Santi

Something I'm curious about, is why he doesn't mention her on the site, if he learned Kunlun stuff from her? I would think he'd mention this here?

Sorry, I guess this is in the wrong thread. I am curious though, though also doubting if any of you can answer that. I kinda like his site though, all that stuff he teaches besides the Kunlun looks really cool too.

Again, this is something I read/was told on some other threads in the past, but the teachers that taught Max don't really teach publicly. Like, Max was taught certain things by certain traditions (like say, some Tibetan traditions), but if you were to go to his teachers and seek that type of training, you wouldn't find it (or maybe you would.... after 30 years in a Tibetan monastery). Max is special in that he not only received lots of different transmissions and training from various lineages, but is offering it out.

Though, if I might add a bit of my own perspective to the mix, from a marketing perspective it sounds a lot more exciting to say, "He learned the rare practices of the Kunlun tradition" and just leave it at that, instead of saying, "yeah he learned some spontaneous qigong from someone named Sifu Jenny who teaches workshops and stuff in the U.S." Same thing with another one of Max's teachers, Andrew Lum I think, who lives in Hawaii, if I recall correctly. It's a lot more dramatic to say, "ancient and powerful practice" instead of, "he went to Hawaii and learned some meditation."

I'm not saying these practices don't work, look around and you'll see that many people can vouch for them, but as I, and others have said, the marketing is done a certain way, so certain things are said, or left completely unsaid. There could also be a perfectly valid reason as well, that Max doesn't want people clamoring all over the place and harassing his teachers who may not be willing to teach others in the way they taught Max. So yeah, just my take on it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I will tell you this mouch if you "THINK" its impossible to emit energy from the hands as LIGHT you will never do it.

Yeah, but what happens

if you think

that I think

that its impossible

to emit energy from the hands as LIGHT?

(I'm warning you, I'm a master at oragami!)

:D

Edited by Trunk

It's fun watching various reality validation frameworks colliding like this.

Is it real? Is it a hallucination/fake? How you answer will depend on your mindset. In my opinion, whatever your answer is, it is fine as long as you consciously realize or at least attempt to consciously realize how your reality validation framework (a core subset of the mindset) is operating. What matters is not so much your choice, but that you don't get your choice chosen for you unconsciously by the so-called "reality". :) It would be terrible if your dreams chose their own meanings -- a lot of garbage can enter into "reality" in that way.

This reminds me of the time when I was going around looking for auras. I could see a faint aura around things, but then I wasn't happy that it wasn't colorful and so I was just trying and trying to see those. Then I met someone and this person wisely said to me, "Are you sure you want to see them? I have a friend who sees them and finds them annoying. He wishes he'd stop seeing them." I was like "Whaaa???? I never thought of this!" I thought seeing auras is what all the spiritual people had to do. It didn't occur to me that I had a choice. That I could be spiritual and see what I want to see instead of what the spiritual people were "supposed to" see. Wow. Amazing. :D

I'm all for the mystical experiences, but I don't go for copying. There are all kinds of ways to see. Maybe instead of seeing auras you hear people, or sense them in your mind, or feel them as part of your intent. Or all of the above. Or some of the above. Appearances are the ornaments of reality and not the determinants of it.

• Like 1

I didn't point fingers nor make any tricks. It just is what it is. : )

Santi

"If you think you can then you can, if you think you can't then you are probably right." What does it matter if you can't or you can? Do people really need all of this flash as an indication of how powerful someone is? Is it the measure of a good teacher or healer? Seems to me that the person on the receiving end; what they believe and where there head is at holds all the cards. Can you heal someone if they think you are full of shit? Joe.

"If you think you can then you can, if you think you can't then you are probably right." What does it matter if you can't or you can? Do people really need all of this flash as an indication of how powerful someone is? Is it the measure of a good teacher or healer? Seems to me that the person on the receiving end; what they believe and where there head is at holds all the cards. Can you heal someone if they think you are full of shit? Joe.

Had to read that twice. :)

It really doesn't matter as far as seeing; however most who train in a medical qigong program end up being able to SEE. Once they can, then it IS a measure of what is wrong or right about a person.

AS far as the person on the receiving end it really matters not what they think. I work on folks all the time that really do not believe in energy projection or even ever heard of it. It also works on animals who have no belief at all. So yes, we can heal someone who THINKS we are full of shit. It is not difficult to break through the mental thing; that is the lower level self.

I agree with what you say there Joe. I believe the person is the Lord, and if the person declares, from a deep place within oneself, that some healing modality is nothing but hocus-pocus, then it really is.

I look at these "light" phenomena as lipstick on a woman. Can lipstick be pretty on a woman? I think so! But is lipstick the essence of beauty or does every beautiful woman wear lipstick? I think not (read: not even close).

... But I suspect I'm more of a touchy feely person than visual. Weird stuff basically feels unusual or different for me rather than looking unusual. More 3rd eye practice needed :lol:

Re: 3rd eye stuff needed.

Not necessarily. True SEEING is totality of perception. This totality includes first "who you are" as in how much energy you brought with you when you came to the earth, how many lifetimes of experience you have and what you learned in those lifetimes, and then your personal time & effort energy practice. Some people SEE better with their eyes closed so it really doesn't have to do with looking. Different people who do energetic practices have different natural talents that manifest as they do the practice. Some people hear, some see, some read future energetics, etc. So the way your particular natural talent manifests may not have anything to do with looking.

This reminds me of the time when I was going around looking for auras. I could see a faint aura around things, but then I wasn't happy that it wasn't colorful and so I was just trying and trying to see those. Then I met someone and this person wisely said to me, "Are you sure you want to see them? I have a friend who sees them and finds them annoying. He wishes he'd stop seeing them." ...

I can really relate to this. When I began my healing practice I knew about SEEING but I could not see the sick energy in peoples bodies. Then as my healing evolved all of a sudden I could see the sick energy as it left the body when I projected qi. Now I wish I could turn it off because it is really gross. But close my eyes? nope, still see it. Turn my head? nope, still see it. I have learned to be a causal observer and not get excited about it.

I agree with what you say there Joe. I believe the person is the Lord, and if the person declares, from a deep place within oneself, that some healing modality is nothing but hocus-pocus, then it really is.

Of course the real Being of Light is Divine. But the mind is of the lower level self, electrical signals that really don't mean a whole lot. So it depends if it is a Higher Level Self decision or a mind decision. Then if a healer is a High Level practitioner, whatever the patients Higher Level Self wishes, in conjunction with the Will of the Light will be the outcome, not what a person's lower level self thought.

Had to read that twice. :)

It really doesn't matter as far as seeing; however most who train in a medical qigong program end up being able to SEE. Once they can, then it IS a measure of what is wrong or right about a person.

AS far as the person on the receiving end it really matters not what they think. I work on folks all the time that really do not believe in energy projection or even ever heard of it. It also works on animals who have no belief at all. So yes, we can heal someone who THINKS we are full of shit. It is not difficult to break through the mental thing; that is the lower level self.

Is it you that does the healing? Joe.

Of course the real Being of Light is Divine. But the mind is of the lower level self, electrical signals that really don't mean a whole lot. So it depends if it is a Higher Level Self decision or a mind decision. Then if a healer is a High Level practitioner, whatever the patients Higher Level Self wishes, in conjunction with the Will of the Light will be the outcome, not what a person's lower level self thought.

Okay, but what if you were trying to hurt me instead of heal me. Joe.

Edited by farmerjoe

Is it you that does the healing? Joe.

Don't know what you are asking?? I have a medical qigong clinic and teach others medical qigong as practiced in the hospitals of China.