• less than 1 year
    • 1+ yrs
    • 2 yrs
    • 10 or over
  3. 3. for those who have tried it:

• it improved my life &/or practice
    • didn't do anything or mixed bag
    • caused problems for my life &/or practice

Shaking, in my opinion, is part of any 'complete' Nei kung practice but it's just a small part. I've been doing it, and there are very many forms or ways of doing it, for over fifteen years.

It will help anyones practice because it generates energy. There is a saying in TCM: shaking the body wards off all illness, and they like to exaggerate, but it implies how important they think it is.

Edited by Starjumper7

Shake in the morning combined with ddep breathing, great way to make energy rush and then a smooth transition into neigong.

Have started to do some shaking sessions during the day too. Good way to get rid off "things" that seem to stick to mindbody.

In Aikido we'd warm up with fast vigorous vibrational shaking. In Kap its more muscular bigger shaking. In Kunlun its a spontaneous shaking induced by the posture.

Shaking is always good. Brings the nerves to life, awakens the muscles and pathways for energy.[

Michael

As natural for me as scratching my bum.

What's all the fuzz about? Isn't shaking and spontaneous movement as central to all qigong as the bubbles in champagne?

It just naturally happens if you relax deeply, or allow your body to respond to the chi. No system or transmission involved. Just let go, relax and allow the body to work itself out. For many years, a major part of my practice was untying myself after the chi pushed me into these ridiculous yoga postures way more powerful than anyting I'd voluntarily get myself into. Ended up sniffing my balls there to the amusement of my co-practitioners many-a-time.

Shaking, on the other hand may be induced, or allowed.

To quote my master, it can take you quite far, just doing that deeply. Also, shaking together with tapping, slapping, brushing, burping, shouting, singing and farting may take you far along the winding path of spiritual realization.

Seriously.

I'm developing my own sleeping qigong btw.

God Jul

h

Quick poll

Interesting poll!

In literture we can read the warning - that there have been people getting crazy - doing it in the wrong way...

Does anybody here have knowledge of such a case?

For me personally it is in concert with other exercises nothing but well doing...

Lovely thread - this is. :)

As natural for me as scratching my bum.

What's all the fuzz about? Isn't shaking and spontaneous movement as central to all qigong as the bubbles in champagne?

It just naturally happens if you relax deeply, or allow your body to respond to the chi. No system or transmission involved. Just let go, relax and allow the body to work itself out. For many years, a major part of my practice was untying myself after the chi pushed me into these ridiculous yoga postures way more powerful than anyting I'd voluntarily get myself into. Ended up sniffing my balls there to the amusement of my co-practitioners many-a-time.

Shaking, on the other hand may be induced, or allowed.

To quote my master, it can take you quite far, just doing that deeply. Also, shaking together with tapping, slapping, brushing, burping, shouting, singing and farting may take you far along the winding path of spiritual realization.

Seriously.

I'm developing my own sleeping qigong btw.

God Jul

h

I am intrigued by the whole spontaneous qigong method. I have to admit I am influenced by an early Tai Chi teacher who told me to ignore the shaking and let it pass when spontaneous movements occur.

However I do practice wuji taiji, which is a spontaneous freeform expression of taiji movement. There is no shaking involved at all, just fluid movements that sync with the breathing and flow of qi and inspiration (arguably the same thing). If this fits the scope of this poll then I would be happy to vote.

Let me know :D

Shaking or vibrating the body heals at cellular level also even all cells vibrate!

All my practices use a form of shaking or spontaneous movements great way to release tension and emotions in the body. But you must have form and formless!

Been practicing 25 yrs almost!

merry xmas

Edited by Spirit Ape

Sign in to follow this