talkinghead

My impression of the Kunlun Seminar tonight

Wow, the Kunlun debate is still going :lol:

For what it's worth, I have been practicing for over a year. My only main problem was a lack of grounding and the energy in the beginning was quite intense. This has been mostly fixed with time and following what Max told me at my first Kunlun workshop:RELAX.

relax,relax,relax.

"Kunlun" is a very powerful practice and obviously as has been repeated here over the last year Max is a very charismatic man. He is also imo a very humble and caring person. Chris has endured a lot here but it was really to be expected. There is alot of confusion going on in this thread. I think this has more to do with the individual practitoners than the practice.

my advice:If your interested practice from the book alone for a month. If you feel strongly it's for you than go for it. If not don't.

The transmission is with you forever no doubt. But I don't see itas a negative but rather a constant reminder to practice. It's quite blissful at times and also can be intense. But overall I would say I am happy I study with Max.

Cam

Perhaps the transmission is still with me, but at this point I don't feel different than before I began. I don't feel a transmission energy has stuck with me.

This is by far the strangest and best thing that happened to me in a long time Winpro07, I have to thank you from my heart.

I read that piece downunder, and found it first strange then amusing, sweet, then profound, touching in a weird, still very understandeable way..

THEN I went to meditate..and MY God. If I haven't had a release during kunlun till now, I sure did this day. The impact emotionally downloading all female ancestors was overwhelming..I got to adress loads of sorrow, pain and anger and RELEASE it and forgive it all and exchange it with MOTHER, I had another enormous release in the car (thank god for cars) (thank god no son had to hear those shouts). Way cleansing powerful and cool when those shouts lets themsevles loose and rise through you all the way from the root).

:)

Message from the Grandmothers

December 2008: Grandmothers Awakening Europe

The Grandmothers' message is strongly taking hold in Europe. Hundreds of people attended the Gathering of the Grandmothers in Antwerp, Belgium on Nov. 1 and many came to the Oct. 27 Gathering in Switzerland and to the Nov. 2 Gathering in Holland. Grandmothers groups are springing up all over Europe and "A Call to Power: the Grandmothers Speak"is now being translated into German.The Grandmothers tell us, "We have come to usher in the return of the Feminine Principle,"and Europe is now awakening to that. As they open to the power of yin, people in this part of the world are beginning to work together with the Net of Light, calling on the ancient Mother sites of Old Europe to open fully once again. Now is the time of the return of the Great Mother. The Mother worship sites which were capped off by patriarchy several thousand years ago will once again function at full capacity. The longing of the Mother for Her children and of Her children for their mother will be fulfilled.While traveling from place to place with two Dutch Grandmothers' group leaders, I asked the Grandmothers if there was specific work we were to do on this trip through Europe. "This is where you come from,"they quickly replied. "Europe is the Motherland for you. Most of the pain carried by women of European origin and by women who have been influenced by Europeans comes from Europe. It was here that the power of the Mother was degraded and denied. There was an attempt to snuff out the power of the Feminine Principle. And because vast numbers of Europeans came to dominate so many areas of the world, Europeans carried the pain of this cut off from the Mother with them to the far corners of the earth. Do the work while you are here in Europe,"they said."Cast the Net of Light to the places here that are sacred to the Mother but were capped off by patriarchy. There are more of these sites on this continent than anywhere else, and they hold great power although presently they are only running at about fifteen percent of capacity. As you cast the Net of Light to these sacred sites you will free the energy of the Mother to flow here and to flow everywhere that Europeans have lived and wielded influence. Cast, cast, cast,"the Grandmothers said."The earth here was sacred Motherland long before it was designated as the Fatherland. Cast,"they said again, "cast to the sacred places you know about as well as to the sacred places you do not know about. Reclaim the Motherland,"they said. "The world needs mothering now and the opening of these sacred sites will help both males and females. It will help people everywhere. All life is longing for its mother."The work you are here to do is one of en-couraging. Calling forth the dormant courage that (of necessity) went underground in the women here. Now it is safe for them to step into their power. This courage that we speak of runs deep in the women and men on this continent. It is who they are. As you empower them and empower their female ancestors you will more potently call this in-dwelling courage forth."Here the Grandmothers had me stop and focus on calling forth my own matrilineal ancestors. No sooner did I call them, than they called their ancestors forth. And so it went-back and back into the past, for many generations. Gradually a vast crowd of women formed, standing together at my back, giving me a feeling of union and indomitable strength."This is how to work on these sacred sites,"the Grandmothers said, "with this huge back-up that the ancestors provide."Then they smiled sweetly and said, "Work with the Net of Light, gently and patiently calling on the presence of the Mother at these ancient sites, asking her to come forth now and help her children."(Sharon's note: When we visited these ancient sites in Europe we celebrated the presence of the Mother, the Mother what attempts were made to destroy Her, no matter what occurred in history, never left her children.)http://www.grandmothersspeak.com/[ Back ]

Jeannie Alvin

www.inetworld.net/lovesource9 free books, includingLiving, Being + Creating From Your Highest Consciousness www.lulu.com/awakening4 paperback booksfree ebooks, including

We CAN Achieve the World We Want

Edited by rain

I dont understand what the aversion is to anyone writing the 'here's what I see as wrong about this' bit and then actually elaborating. At least a minute fraction.

_/\_

I asked the question because of what joe said.

I understand you dont want to go into it, wdq. I missed what you said first time round... and lately am all out for finding some clarity and substance to people's allusions, is all. No biggie.

There is another thread running here at the moment which is answering the questions being thrown up for me right now, anyhow.

xxx

cat

Perhaps the transmission is still with me, but at this point I don't feel different than before I began. I don't feel a transmission energy has stuck with me.

Cool, all we can do is speak from our experience.

Would have been cool crashing on your floor at the NJ workshop but good luck on your path bro. I am also of the opinion it's not so much about the "best method" if one's heart is in the right place.

Best wishes

Edited by Cameron

Here is an old video of Max demonstrating burning palm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koXkHUkwtuQ

Another of his old student Chris Matsuo demonstrating the vibrating palm he learned from Max as well as Max's first teacher's Wudang system:

Chris has a school and teaches a lot of Max's old stuff for those who are interested in martial arts.

Another old student demonstrating the family forms, the shamanistic stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7R_G30eCI

Enjoy.

Edited by Mantra68

Here is an old video of Max demonstrating burning palm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koXkHUkwtuQ

Another of his old student Chris Matsuo demonstrating the vibrating palm he learned from Max as well as Max's first teacher's Wudang system:

Chris has a school and teaches a lot of Max's old stuff for those who are interested in martial arts.

Enjoy.

Its said that if the mastery of vortexes are not accomplished, false reality comes in the form of prophetic speech, strange visions, convulsions, speaking in tongues, quaking, shaking, spinning, jumping, emotional fits... Although catharsis of angst is always appreciated, in a higher prospective, The person cannot handle the energy going through because their understanding and tempering is not there. When the mastery of vortexes is accomplished with the oldest traditional practice, it becomes a beautiful dance of vortexes called baguazhang coiling and uncoiling with the tao originating from wu chi.

Very interesting...as I've been doing a lottt of spontaneous body-coiling movements lately...

Enjoy.

Enjoyed. Immensely. Beautiful! Terrific. Inspiring. I need to learn more :) Hair on end.

Me too has been doing a lot of spontaneous qigong and embryonic breathing kicked in naturally.

Too tough on my knees though, I have tried to hold my stance (not walk) and naturally this has been heavy on the knees.. it is fantastic workout where the body seems to seek alignment while the energies rush through my body. It is like deep meditation combined with ultimate entertainment..that is..if you like what happens when you are being led by your deep desire to align.

That said none of those "symptoms" aforementioned have bothered me.

Makes me want to find a teacher and learn to do forms.

I understand you dont want to go into it, wdq. I missed what you said first time round... and lately am all out for finding some clarity and substance to people's allusions, is all. No biggie.

xxx

cat

Hi Cat,

I don't mean offense to any individuals who are also interested in cultivation, and I am not interested in witch hunting this guy or his system because:

A. It's not my problem

B. I am not at a high enough level of attainment myself to really do this or that about any of it. It's not like I'm going to call him out in a cave and dissolve his lower body. :)

C. It's not worth it and doesn't have much to do with my own cultivation (which is where I try to focus. . . If some people read between the lines and understand what I really believe about cultivation they may understand that it's not a lack of compassion, but it's a matter of prioritizing what and to whom I can be responsible for)

Basically I have a certain belief about this and now and then I feel some compulsion (which kb practitioners can comfortably assume is the reaction of my own ego - which is fine) to say something about it, but the truth is it's neither my business, my problem or my responsibility.

While I do believe what I believe, there is an issue of enlightenment quality.

Mine is low, or the followers of this is low, or we're all swimming in a sea of stupidity.

Regardless - it's not something I want to get into a protracted argument about, because the beliefs on both sides are (or will appear to be) subjective at the moment.

Time will tell and in the meantime I want to remain civil with everybody and have good discussions about cultivation which lead me to new realizations and help me clarify my own direction. Not waste energy on something that is basically pointless. :)

Ninjutsu mixed wudang form, Mantra?

Not sure they titled it that. It looks like the shamanic form that I have heard those guys talk about.

Edited by Satori

Hi Chris,

can you tell us a bit about the affiliation of Max and KunLun with Kundalini Yoga and Shorinjin Ryu Ninjitsu (I think of the Saito family)?

I had mentioned the Kundalini yoga my previous post in this thread, but got no reply.

I'm interested because I know quite a number of very nice people who practice Kundalini yoga and believe in Yogi Bhajan. I came across this site which puts the 3HO organization in a different light:

http://www.rickross.com/groups/3ho.html

I'm not sure what the truth is.

That site is actually warning of many spiritual groups. I'm not sure which criticism is well deserved and which isn't.

On other yoga styles there are some critical (and funny) articles as well like these (for those interested) :

* Flex Appeal- In the last few years, yoga became downtown's glamorous answer to organized religion (not to mention a way to lose stress -- and fat). But after September 11, the discipline has taken on new meaning. The story of one woman's body search. New York Magazine/November 19, 2001

http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general422.html

* Yogis Behaving Badly Business2 Magazine/September 2002 http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general478.html

And then on the site of Max's student Christopher Lee Matsuo (http://www.dragongatesanctuary.com/Sifu.html) we learn that he studied Shorinjin Ryu Ninjitsu.

All that I read about that style sounds very weird. See this thread for example:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthrea...t=68&page=8

Has Max also studied this style? I read a number of times that he mentioned ninja in some explanations.

Regarding the authenticity of Shorinjin Ryu Ninjitsu as a Ninjutsu school this post by Dr. Karl Friday probably says ist all:

http://listserv.uoguelph.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A2=...;S=&P=17829

So, it would be very interesting to hear your opinion on these twp controversial schools.

Edited: I accidentally pressed the 'post'-button too early.

Edit 2: I added the Dr Karl Friday post link.

Edited by genmaicha

We don't want to criticize other groups because they exist and work for the people that resonate with them. And doing what works for you is the most important thing.

Max did meet Yogi Bhajan before his death and he understands their system.

Not sure Max has studied Ninjitsu in any extended manner, but he does seem to understand much about it. He was consulted by some Ninja Master in Japan when he was teaching there. I honestly don't know enough about that relationship either.

He is sought out by many high level guys since they realize what he has.

So, why Max said people don't need to see him anymore?

It feels like some interesting changes are happening in the world...