talkinghead

My impression of the Kunlun Seminar tonight

Guest winpro07

Message from the Grandmothers

December 2008: Grandmothers Awakening Europe

The Grandmothers' message is strongly taking hold in Europe. Hundreds of people attended the Gathering of the Grandmothers in Antwerp, Belgium on Nov. 1 and many came to the Oct. 27 Gathering in Switzerland and to the Nov. 2 Gathering in Holland. Grandmothers groups are springing up all over Europe and "A Call to Power: the Grandmothers Speak"is now being translated into German.The Grandmothers tell us, "We have come to usher in the return of the Feminine Principle,"and Europe is now awakening to that. As they open to the power of yin, people in this part of the world are beginning to work together with the Net of Light, calling on the ancient Mother sites of Old Europe to open fully once again. Now is the time of the return of the Great Mother. The Mother worship sites which were capped off by patriarchy several thousand years ago will once again function at full capacity. The longing of the Mother for Her children and of Her children for their mother will be fulfilled.While traveling from place to place with two Dutch Grandmothers' group leaders, I asked the Grandmothers if there was specific work we were to do on this trip through Europe. "This is where you come from,"they quickly replied. "Europe is the Motherland for you. Most of the pain carried by women of European origin and by women who have been influenced by Europeans comes from Europe. It was here that the power of the Mother was degraded and denied. There was an attempt to snuff out the power of the Feminine Principle. And because vast numbers of Europeans came to dominate so many areas of the world, Europeans carried the pain of this cut off from the Mother with them to the far corners of the earth. Do the work while you are here in Europe,"they said."Cast the Net of Light to the places here that are sacred to the Mother but were capped off by patriarchy. There are more of these sites on this continent than anywhere else, and they hold great power although presently they are only running at about fifteen percent of capacity. As you cast the Net of Light to these sacred sites you will free the energy of the Mother to flow here and to flow everywhere that Europeans have lived and wielded influence. Cast, cast, cast,"the Grandmothers said."The earth here was sacred Motherland long before it was designated as the Fatherland. Cast,"they said again, "cast to the sacred places you know about as well as to the sacred places you do not know about. Reclaim the Motherland,"they said. "The world needs mothering now and the opening of these sacred sites will help both males and females. It will help people everywhere. All life is longing for its mother."The work you are here to do is one of en-couraging. Calling forth the dormant courage that (of necessity) went underground in the women here. Now it is safe for them to step into their power. This courage that we speak of runs deep in the women and men on this continent. It is who they are. As you empower them and empower their female ancestors you will more potently call this in-dwelling courage forth."Here the Grandmothers had me stop and focus on calling forth my own matrilineal ancestors. No sooner did I call them, than they called their ancestors forth. And so it went-back and back into the past, for many generations. Gradually a vast crowd of women formed, standing together at my back, giving me a feeling of union and indomitable strength."This is how to work on these sacred sites,"the Grandmothers said, "with this huge back-up that the ancestors provide."Then they smiled sweetly and said, "Work with the Net of Light, gently and patiently calling on the presence of the Mother at these ancient sites, asking her to come forth now and help her children."(Sharon's note: When we visited these ancient sites in Europe we celebrated the presence of the Mother, the Mother what attempts were made to destroy Her, no matter what occurred in history, never left her children.)http://www.grandmothersspeak.com/[ Back ]

Jeannie Alvin

www.inetworld.net/lovesource9 free books, includingLiving, Being + Creating From Your Highest Consciousness www.lulu.com/awakening4 paperback booksfree ebooks, including

We CAN Achieve the World We Want

Guest winpro07
:) Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

I am seeing more than you can 'look-at' all year long my friend.

I was giving you a hint. One of the steps in your lower (it's right near the top) -spiral staircase is damaged. You need to cut some wood, and get three nails. The rest you'll figure out easily enough...

I think you need to really look at what is going on with you! :D

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Guest winpro07

Well this is one of the few kunlun related threads I've been in. I know there are a lot of people here into kunlun, but starjumper is the first person (that I've read anyway) that is against it. Like there are other people that are just like, "it's not for me", but star's flat out against it.

I would also say that I am "against" it in some sense.

That sense being that I would rather those I cared about not even cultivate in this life rather than cultivate the things in this system (or let the things in this system cultivate through them).

A human life and the opportunity for cultivation is just so precious . . .

Saying that, however - I am not interested in arguing about it and wish everyone the best.

No one will interfere with what you ask for yourself.

I like that, and beer is fun with riddles,and take care. I have limited time today

We tend to approach our collective dilema from the wrong direction -'trying to use logic to get to ' true spontinaity' or freedom, awakening etc. THIS HAS NEVER WORKED, ever. Only love frees the heart enough to open the 'eYe' <-> <O>

Whats all this got to do with Kunlun? I am confused... :mellow:

Yeah, we need love! Why then Kunlun? Or you're saying Kunlun is love so love Kunlun and Max? Whats the catch here brother? I think your writings would make better impression on people than the current Kunlun site. Universal love, everything is love, feel oneness with all - stuff like that is really good and non-controversial he he

On a serious note, there are many who talk About advaita when in a dualistic state. Any practice is possible only in a dualistic state and it is a mere fallacy to speak of Advaita or Feeling of oneness when one is still in the realm of names and forms. The practice is there to get there some day and when practicing, it is best to practice and not talk about these states for these states or "love" can hardly be expressed in words. Spending a lot of time in words or thought about states that one cannot experience till he has moved beyond these words and thoughts, can only detract one from practice and does no good. Yes, if feel-good effect is what is expected, then such talk can be of use to the speaker and the listener. Else it is simply .... Moreover these states are digital, there is a 1 and there is a 0...there is nothing in between..

I heard the masters speak less, in simple words and with great clarity .... or it could be just my dumb head that is tumbling over and over reading this thread .. Yoda, its time to say Keeny!! and start shaking I guess ....

By the way I didn't like the CD set he sold....But loved the free CD that came with the book... :)

And what's with Hundun? Not seen him around lately ... Hope he is doing fine...

Edited by SiliconValley

I have a few different internal practices form to formless its all the same all sprout from each other, you need both IMHO!

ape

Edited by Spirit Ape

SV,

I recently listened to the first Keeney CD of the set. Liked most of it, but don't really care for his music. I didn't give the CD in the book a chance. Will give it another listen whenever it re-materializes around here. Would definitely like to go to a seminar of his.

Your pal,

Yoda

When you make a threat of your self to any person, or community, that person will see you as an outsider, and share very little, if anything with you.

The very-most validating stories that encourage so many others will never make it to this forum.

It is also a fact to take into consideration that the self-confirmation that goes on within a community is extremely easy to fall for. Everybody backing up the illusions of the community and confirming the illusions over and over for eachother. And as long as no other influence is allowed to enter the circle of self-confirmation there is no way to discover what is true and what is not.

If what goes on within a group does not survive outside of the group...well...then....figgur-ee-tout.

I would also say that I am "against" it in some sense.

That sense being that I would rather those I cared about not even cultivate in this life rather than cultivate the things in this system (or let the things in this system cultivate through them).

A human life and the opportunity for cultivation is just so precious . . .

Saying that, however - I am not interested in arguing about it and wish everyone the best.

No one will interfere with what you ask for yourself.

I've underlined some part of your post that disquiets me, wdq....would you explain, if you can, what it is that you think I am cultivating by practising Kunlun?

I've underlined some part of your post that disquiets me, wdq....would you explain, if you can, what it is that you think I am cultivating by practising Kunlun?

Cat,

What is the reason for your question?

- Are you angry about these "negative" things being said about a system which you practice and believe is good for you? or...

- You want to investigate further to know if there is even an iota of truth in what is being said by several people now...ranging from demon theory, to excessive marketing to wild claims?

Just asking ... :)

People say it's impolite to answer a question with a question, but I don't mean to be, Cat.

I allowed myself to get pulled into some arguments that I shouldn't when I first joined this forum because I was at wudang and didn't have anyone to really have good conversations with in English, but in fact I know that a cultivators speech, behaviour, actions, etc. is a reflection of their cultivation, at whatever level it's at.

So I dont want to say much more than I have already clearly said.

I think the more appropriate question is whether or not you know for sure what you're cultivating, and what the endgame of that is.

I am not a cultivation cop, at any rate. What other people pursue is their business, as is the result.

I should only say a few simple things.

I dont understand what the aversion is to anyone writing the 'here's what I see as wrong about this' bit and then actually elaborating. At least a minute fraction. All we get from you guys is 'its terrible in some fashion, but I cant/wont/dont want to tell anyone.' :rolleyes:Why even bother posting that? I can understand not wanting to get into a pages long discussion of such, but until you guys actually speak up then we're just going to continue having these same exact kunlun threads every 6 months or so. Is there some issue with driving a stick into the sand and saying here is what I am talking about instead of standing in the desert saying 'I stand in the sand somewhere'?

I almost didnt even start reading this one for that very reason. Not all that inclined to bother in the future.

_/\_

My view, not being invested in kunlun anymore at all, hasn't changed regarding the detractors at this forum. The majority of people who are "against" it have no idea what it's about.

It's like hearing about a movie, and reading a couple of great reviews, then deciding that the movie sucks without even watching it.

I'll give an example: I recently heard of the movie, "Changeling". I absolutely did not want to see it because of the title...it sounded like another stupid horror movie. Where a mother's son is abducted and then replaced with some monster creature. Changeling...that's what it made me think of.

I glanced over a couple reviews that said it was great...watched the first 10 minutes, then said "this totally sucks". I was bored to death and just did not care for what I thought the plot was going to be.

At that point, I could've gone around saying "Do not watch the Changeling, it's the worst movie that came out this year!" That would've been based on my experience with it.

So a few days later, I read some more reviews. EVERYONE was saying it was a great movie, and I decided to force myself to watch more than 10 minutes of it to see why everyone was saying "10/10". After the first 20 minutes or so, the movie started to get better. And after that, it just got better and better.

Great plot. It had nothing to do with what I thought it was about...it was way more of a drama than a horror movie, and it turned out to be based on a true story. Great acting, too. I recommend the movie now.

I still think the title sucks.

But my point is: if you don't know, then you don't know. So by saying anything, you're misleading people. Maybe you are right to be cautious...but please give reasons and evidence why to make this a more intelligent discussion. You can even use my case as some evidence, since my experience with kunlun wasn't all its cracked up to be. But please don't just take a side and hold your ground for no good reason.

;)

I allowed myself to get pulled into some arguments that I shouldn't when I first joined this forum because I was at wudang....... .

Where are you in Wudang?

I live across from the big outdoor vege market - base of the mountain -

Where are you?

Lets meet up........

To build on Scott's analogy, Kunlun has received such huge buzz around here that it inspires some bums to go past an instinctive aversion to Max and or the practice to at least check it out. "Only $20" kind of a thing. The problem arises that there was good reason for their instincts and end up spending precious time doing a practice that really doesn't mix well with their situation. It definitely isn't a good fit for everyone.

Where are you in Wudang?

I live across from the big outdoor vege market - base of the mountain -

Where are you?

Lets meet up........

I'm in the center of Shiyan, which you probably know is a little bit of a ride away, but in Sunny Garden apartment complex. 45 minutes by car or so and the same on the train.

I'm usually around during the begining of the week and can meet you at the museum or something if you like sometime.

Are you Jesse? ChinaGiant? I don't know to many of the other laowai in the area because I don't train at any of the wushuguans but would like to meet some more.

. . . . . . .

For the other things in this thread - I just don't want to get into a fight and neither is it worth a fight. If I haven't said things in a way that's clear enough for people - sorry. I just know that it's pointless, so I said what I think I should say and that's it.

I am responsible for the lives that I am responsible for within myself, but I am not responsible for everyone elses choices so I don't want to get into a never ending and pointless debate.

I have only been to Shiyan twice......

I do not know it very well, as it is kind of a long journey for me on the bus........

You are welcome to also come down here to Wudang when you are free.....

I just set up a wonderful meditation room in my apartment, that can double as a guest bedroom -

as long as you do not mind sleeping on the floor on a futon...

I like your point of view, and think you have a good direction in your ideas.....

Maybe we can have some good conversations together........

I'm in the center of Shiyan, which you probably know is a little bit of a ride away, but in Sunny Garden apartment complex. 45 minutes by car or so and the same on the train.

I'm usually around during the begining of the week and can meet you at the museum or something if you like sometime.

Are you Jesse? ChinaGiant? I don't know to many of the other laowai in the area because I don't train at any of the wushuguans but would like to meet some more.

. . . . . . .

For the other things in this thread - I just don't want to get into a fight and neither is it worth a fight. If I haven't said things in a way that's clear enough for people - sorry. I just know that it's pointless, so I said what I think I should say and that's it.

I am responsible for the lives that I am responsible for within myself, but I am not responsible for everyone elses choices so I don't want to get into a never ending and pointless debate.

Not looking for a fight either, brother :) Just a little respectful debate on the matter. I have a decent measure of respect for your opinion, thus my asking. You havent really been clear, you've only stated your aversion to the method, and afaiu it seems to be around that cultivation happens both actively and at times, passively?