Sign in to follow this  
Vigilant3

Kunlun Practice

If you are such a profound believer in what it is you do, and you don't care what anyone says about it, then why be defensive? Embrace your practice and enjoy it.

Agree on this one...somewhat :(

For those monkeys who think this is the case, please describe the point in the seminar where this "hypnosis" takes place....c'mon, we're waiting...

Now if you also resort to name calling, like the others you accuse of, what is the difference between them and you? What greater good or inner quality did Kunlun inculcate? It has been fun reading some of your writings, but once you advertise and put something on public domain, praise and criticism of varying levels are a norm. Continued maturity in dealing with such criticism would really be a proof of the actual benefit of the practice.

Edited by SiliconValley

Comments like that indicating that you don't care what he thinks, are probably why he feels like he can't express himself freely within the forum. If you are such a profound believer in what it is you do, and you don't care what anyone says about it, then why be defensive? Embrace your practice and enjoy it. There's no need in my opinion to mention in such a manner that essentially what you believe and have practiced is somehow the be all end all of understanding. This man may not have experienced it, and is expressing his skepticism while he awaits a try at it. If you were not skeptical before you attempted your studies of this practice, then I don't think you fall into the category of the "seemingly intelligent people on this forum" that you refer to several times. It is natural to be skeptical, and it is why I started this thread. I would like to attempt the practice myself, but if I tried EVERY SINGLE infomercial's "lost 10 lbs in a week" scams without at least questioning them all deeply first, I think i'd be more of an idiot, than a person at peace.

I don't think anyone is slandering, merely speculating and sharing. That's just my 2 cents. And is this not all about peace anyway?

Don't get me wrong, it is wonderful, expected and encouraged to be skeptical. Accepting anything blindly is absurd.

I am skeptical at every turn. I love being proven wrong about something I think I know. It reminds me to quit thinking I KNOW anything.

You seem new here so I will let you know that with WYG, it has been a year of the same. Very genuinely curious but at the same time attacking with wild accusations about our teacher and our practice. We don't know who we are going to get. To his credit, he is much better than he used to be.

It may not read this way, but I am being supportive of him in my response. My point is that I don't care what his opinion is. He should feel free to speak his mind. No one should fear that.

And of course nobody claims the Kunlun school to be the end-all of end-all's, that would be ridiculous. It is simply the best of what his teachers had (and he did have some amazing teachers).

I just refuse to stand by while people talk smack about my friends here. It isn't right.

Hypnotism and NLP. Next they'll accuse Max of using aroma-therapy and subliminal messages in his music to control the weak-minded, because that is about the only thing left to say against him.

I was feeling fiery tonight, so those of you who know me for my patience might be surprised by my tone, but enough is enough.

Jesus Christ.

I keep it real. See:

kir.png

I live by experience not hearsay. I value direct experience over opinion and I encourage everyone to do the same. If someone tells you they have seen a UFO it means nothing until you've seen one for yourself.

Agree on this one...somewhat :(

Now if you also resort to name calling, like the others you accuse of, what is the difference between them and you? What greater good or inner quality did Kunlun inculcate? It has been fun reading some of your writings, but once you advertise and put something on public domain, praise and criticism of varying levels are a norm. Continued maturity in dealing with such criticism would really be a proof of the actual benefit of the practice.

Criticism is fine and also expected but after a year of patience tonight I don't feel like standing idly by while strangers dump on my friends for no good reason.

Kunlun doesn't make you a doormat, so if you think that is the end result you are wrong. The "greater good" is to defend your friends, even if it reveals a little fire left in the system.

Edited by Mantra68

Criticism is fine and also expected but after a year of patience tonight I don't feel like standing idly by while strangers dump on my friends for no good reason.

[i]to defend your friends, even if it reveals a little fire left in the system.[/i]

I am ivery touched by your attitude Mantra. Thats what makes a friend in my book. We naturally protect what we find precious.

Mantra,

I dont blame you for sticking up for your teacher ive done the same in the past!

I cant wait to meet you and max when you come out i guarentee im not a nasty bastard im actually a very nice guy but i do tell it how i read it and this is probably not the place for me to speak my mind as ive been banned before and i dont want that to happen again.

I like the Kunlun threads i enjoy seeing what people have to say and have realized!

I have no ill feelings towards you speaking out for max in your post!

WYG

It is natural to be skeptical, and it is why I started this thread. I would like to attempt the practice myself, but if I tried EVERY SINGLE infomercial's "lost 10 lbs in a week" scams without at least questioning them all deeply first, I think i'd be more of an idiot, than a person at peace.

I don't think anyone is slandering, merely speculating and sharing.

I agree. So lets use that example and say kunlun is like a diet. There are many diets out there....some work well, some only seem to work well, some don't work at all, etc.

It'd be skeptical of someone to say, "I am not sure if this kunlun diet works at all, it could just be placebo effect".

It'd be slanderous of someone to say, "I think the people that do this kunlun diet are brainwashed, and that the guy selling the diet is a stage hypnotist."

There is a difference, and it does influence people despite everyone having to choose for themselves...because if the word gets around that a certain practice is useless, even intelligent people will for the most part avoid it. So I don't think it's good to slander a practice, or a person, especially if you haven't actually tried it, or ever seen them in action.

And of course not everyone can try every 'diet' out there. So just do what you think is best. If someone thinks kunlun would be great, they should give it a shot. I just hope there aren't people out there trying to sway that person's decision, simply because they are doubting and speculating.

WYG, you were suspended not for speaking your mind, but for violating the personal attack rules around here. Scotty summed it up quite nicely in the previous post.

Mmm, I just did my first Kunlun practice session and it raised a few more questions. (none to do with N.L.P.) :lol:

How fluid do i let it get? energy from my navel seemed to be pushing my hand away. is it ok to loose the 'holding the ball' position?

My back muscles are really sore from a Kungfu workshop 2 days ago, so it was a bit of an ordeal sitting for that long with back straight. Is it a ridgid discipline, I know its about surrendering but is that within the context of a well held frame? Any thoughts are appreciated and thank you so much to the people who already gave me some feedback on my other questions.

Seth.

Sat Chit Anand!

P.S.

I love the feeling of being really unable to tell if your hot or cold or both. :)

How fluid do i let it get? energy from my navel seemed to be pushing my hand away. is it ok to loose the 'holding the ball' position?

Hi Seth - The posture is only needed initially, as soon as you connect to the energy, your body will want to move in certain ways - so let it! This includes moving your spine and your arms - be playful, you can't go wrong.

Well I have found the posts to be very interesting and variable in nature.

Most people seem to find that Kunlun practice is quite beneficial and invigorating, and for this reason I will most certainly be trying it. I didn't know that "WYG" had been banned in the past and the had personally attacked anyone and for that oversight I apologize to "mantra". You were right to defend yourself if this was the case, I just didn't see it in this thread.

I visited the kunlunbliss.com website to further understand what this is all about, and I came across a page where it said "buy this book, it is the only source of kunlun of this kind available in the world, you will not find it on the internet, etc." things to that effect. Then of course the price tag was somewhere in the 0.95's of cents, and there was a photo which looked similar to what I might see if they made a Star Wars 7 movie, of this individual named Max who was generating some kind of lightning from his palms.

Now, please do not take offense to anything I am about to say, I do NOT mean it as such. If I ever dislike or disprove of something, I merely ignore it, I would not ask educated people such as yourselves about the topic in a thread. I would have no need. It gives me no satisfaction to put down other people's beliefs.

I am an entrepreneur, and own multiple businesses. In my extensive experience as such, everything I could see on that page was founded in marketing and sales tactics. This is fine, as clearly if we don't sell anything in society, nothing gets accomplished. However, I felt while viewing the page as though I was on one of these websites where they have a talking head appear saying "Buy Goji Juice! It revitalizes your senses!" and they have multiple derivitaves of various fruit juices that they sell through MLM and affiliate marketing out there that i'm sure we've all seen at some point. Also why not just say "$20" instead of "19.95"? The 0.95 cent tactic is deployed for psychological effect to lure a consumer into thinking the item costs less than it really does.

It is for these reasons that I feel "skeptical" and of course in no way slanderous to the practice. The posts from the users in this forum are what ultimately have helped to formulate my decision to actually purchase this book, and i'm just waiting to receive it, but I must say that the image of lightning in someone's hands or whatever that was really didn't do much to help my skepticism, it only enhanced it 10 fold.

I live in North America, and frankly in a capitilist society such as this one, nothing is sacred anymore. It is very difficult to find a source of peace and love and genuine mental practice that isn't lead by some cultist or manipulative individual seeking to empty the coffers of students involved, or worse yet a person who genuinely believes what they preach but is merely insane. I am hoping Kunlun or something similar could be a beacon of hope in a dimly lit world.

Please if i've offended any students of the training, I do apologize and shall edit my post to reflect it.

Any marketing turn-offs are my fault. My enthusiasm gets the best of me sometimes and I only know one way to share the things and people I find amazing: BIG.

So yeah, maybe it looks too slick, but that is just because I am a designer by trade. Oh well. The information is the most important thing (I hope).

As to the picture of the glowing hands, this is the light body effect. The human body can only handle so much energy. When there is an over-abundance it can seep out and start to affect the ions in the air around it. This usually happens when the practitioner is relaxed and not expecting it. Max was having tea at the time.

We are finding that this kind of thing is happening to some of the folks who have been practicing Kunlun. One of our students (after some intense transfers from Max went for a walk. At one point he paused to lean on a tree. As his hand reached for the tree he was surprised to find himself falling because his hand actually passed through the tree. He said it felt like going through sand. Of course, when he consciously tried to do it his hand was solid.

Another student, Kan started to disappear in front of people while sipping coffee at Starbucks in Tokyo. This occurred at sunset as the day was shifting from yang to yin. Again he didn't expect it, but in a relaxed state these things can happen and sunset is significant to the process. It really freaked out all of the people around him, though. They slapped their tables and moved away quickly pointing and shouting.

It probably looked something like this:

16th_karmapa_rainbow_body.jpg

This is the 16th Karmapa in rainbow body.

Anyway, these type of things are becoming more common, such that Max has posted special instructions on our forum for the proper breathing for those who are experiencing this type of dissolving.

I can't wait to get some good footage of this myself.

Any marketing turn-offs are my fault. My enthusiasm gets the best of me sometimes and I only know one way to share the things and people I find amazing: BIG.

So yeah, maybe it looks too slick, but that is just because I am a designer by trade. Oh well. The information is the most important thing (I hope).

It probably looked something like this:

16th_karmapa_rainbow_body.jpg

This is the 16th Karmapa in rainbow body.

I actually like your artistic presentations. To me, they help capture and open the imagination and beat some dull, dry, academic text cover... So, I hope you keep that up.

Awesome pic of Rainbow Body, btw. Is that just as he's transforming and ascending away? With no return?

Stuart Wilde supposedly teaches a method to phase into the next dimension ("Morph"). Dunno if it's related or not - but it's also tricky to catch on film because your timing has to be just right, and it happens sort of spontaneously as well. It looks kinda similar, though - a translucent blur.

stuartwildedematerializkc0.jpg

Not too fast -- Chris there's a word spelled incorrectly in your photo caption:

My typing mistakes are my mistakes. Big deal.

I will try to be more perfect for everyone in the future. I'm not, but I will try.

Nice approach to life there, Drew HeNpel. The racist stuff is really ugly, man. You are going to miss out on much good with that attitude.

Too bad you are so closed to something that could make you yet another "white boy" attaining rainbow body.

This stuff is happening and it doesn't matter what race you are, what religion you are, your sexual preference, your hight, weight, shoe size and it doesn't matter what you have studied before. That is why everybody loves it.

Good luck with whatever it is you do.

"Stupid White Male" is a racist book title -- or "White men can't jump" -- another racist comment. Yeah nothing like reverse racism to throw a wrench in otherwise a completely free country -- but then New Mexico was colonized by brown people (Spanish) so maybe you're right Chris! haha.

Hi Seth - The posture is only needed initially, as soon as you connect to the energy, your body will want to move in certain ways - so let it! This includes moving your spine and your arms - be playful, you can't go wrong.

Thanks Freeform, I'll adjust tonights session accordingly. What about practicing inside? anyone?

And whats with the people who just cant stop dumping on Kunlun. We heard you, about a thousand times. It's getting frustrating trying to read through to the good stuff with all the broken records parroting on about their liver and spleen issues. Seriously, the Drama fest thing is getting old. When you get home or go near your computer do you get a surge of excitement wondering if anyones put in a response to your crap or if you got a reaction out of someone and can dump on them further? This probably indicates a kind of addiction to the Emotional chemistry of drama. Meditate more in a tradition you like. Get over it. Find enjoyment thats healthy.

Seth

Sat Chit Anand!

P.S.

Did this posting Rev you up? :lol:

Sign in to follow this