Sign in to follow this  
Vigilant3

Kunlun Practice

After reading some of the topics posted about "Kunlun", I have naturally become quite curious as to what it is. I visited a website about Kunlun Nei Gong, which explained that it is some form of energy release technique which allows one to "let go" of negative energy or something to that effect.

I am wondering, is this really a time tested and true practice, or is it akin to religious healing wherein if one simply "believes" something is occuring or exists, it becomes true to the individual?

I'm by nature a skeptic, but trust much of the word that is spoken in these forums as the people within it seem to be intelligent and worldly. If someone could share with me what exactly Kunlun and dispel any misconceptions I might have, I would be very interested in learning and praciting this method.

I have seen the threads about the new book, which I will purchase to learn more, but would like to hear some thoughts and comments from fellow Tao Bums. Cheers :)

I don't think kunlun is faith based nor are the majority of eastern energy practices, as they utilize physical stances and movements which are innate and common in the human body and do not require any faith in any religion, at least that is my understanding.

and besides, the book is cheap and many people are benefiting (including me), so buy it and try it if its no good then no loss. :)

Edited by Desert Eagle

I don't think kunlun is faith based nor are the majority of eastern energy practices, as they utlise physical stances and movements which are innate and common in the human body and do not require any faith in any religion, at least that is my understanding.

and besides, the book is cheap and many people are benefiting (including me), so buy it and try it if its no good then no loss. :)

I agree with you, I just have seen too many televangelists "heal" the blind with their palms in the Christian faith and whatnot, I just really don't want to be guilty of spending even 25 cents on a book that supports that kind of practice. :P

I've seen those televangelists healing and I have always suspected that they must have had energy and/or NLP training. :)

Edited by Desert Eagle

I've seen those televangelists healing and I have always suspected that they must have had energy and/or NLP training.

So you're saying you believe they are indeed healing people?

Kunlun has nothing to do with faith based religious healing. Not sure what you mean by "time-tested" and "true practice".

I meant has anyone actually experienced or can anyone vouch for the existence of this energy and internal practice that somehow releases negative energy? Or is this simply a matter of a placebo effect? I guess that would sum up my question.

Has Max ever talked about wether or not his system is related in anyway to the Dayan kunlun Pai?. Normally when i hear the word kunlun, dayan qi gong is the first thing that springs to mind.This is the only school as far as im aware that has been documented to have orginated from the kunlun mountains.

I meant has anyone actually experienced or can anyone vouch for the existence of this energy and internal practice that somehow releases negative energy? Or is this simply a matter of a placebo effect? I guess that would sum up my question.

The only way to get a real answer to your question is to experiance it for your self, it doesnt take long.Personally it took me 2 weeks to be able to validate the existence of chi and from then on it has been an amazing journey

Lots of people have experienced it. It's not about clearing negative energy, although it might. It's about simply sitting and surrendering to the power and intelligence that is inherent naturally in your body... It's very simple (almost too simple, because we naturally seek complexity).

Have you had experience with other cultivation practices?

You've already ordered the book, so give it a go for a few weeks and see how it goes - then tell us what you discover!

enjoy :)

I haven't read Max's new book yet, but if you have a hard time starting the energy flowing while just holding the posture, just gently rock side to side should do the trick.

A bunch of us have :) Not a placebo...the shaking does help release 'stuff'...for a quasi analogue go sit on the washer during spin cycle and then note how peaceful and calm everything feels when you remove yourself from it. (I was going to write 'get off' but that's got some extra connotations associated :lol:) That's kinda what its like when you finish a good kunlun sesh.

Max is somewhere between a stage hypnotist and a televangelist! HMMM I have to agree on this to a degree!!! :o

I think alot of people want something to believe in and to work for them just like a transmission i think one does not need it for Kunlun or anything else. I also think alot of people will do what Max says at a seminar and go with the Chi Blasting etc. This is a reason i want to see Max when he comes to Oz i want to feel the chi blast he does and if it does what it does to others i will be the 1st to post it and be a believer. Until then i dont believe certain things that Max and his followers have said or discribed at the seminars. I want to be made a believer of this by experience not by chit chat.

When is the Oz Kunlun seminar?

WYG

Max is somewhere between a stage hypnotist and a televangelist! HMMM I have to agree on this to a degree!!! :o

I think alot of people want something to believe in and to work for them just like a transmission i think one does not need it for Kunlun or anything else. I also think alot of people will do what Max says at a seminar and go with the Chi Blasting etc. This is a reason i want to see Max when he comes to Oz i want to feel the chi blast he does and if it does what it does to others i will be the 1st to post it and be a believer. Until then i dont believe certain things that Max and his followers have said or discribed at the seminars. I want to be made a believer of this by experience not by chit chat.

You know, this is all not just about the shaking and laughing and stuff. That's a really exterior thing that's going on, which actually isn't all that spectacular. What IS spectacular is the opening (on all levels), and the energy...the inner stuff. And after the seminar and a couple months of practicing, I can say it's very real beyond a shadow of a doubt.

It's not about really needing something to believe in. For myself, I tend to abandon beliefs, ask questions, be skeptical, and find out for myself. My favorite saying for these kinds of matters is: "the proof is in the pudding"...or rather, practice and find the truth instead of listening to others talk about their experiences with the practice. Finding what's actually real about things is my forte...so it's kind of disrespectful for you to assume that I've been brainwashed.

About if you do end up going to a seminar...it's good at the seminar to be who you are. If you find that others seem to be doing what Max says and going along with stuff without truly experiencing that stuff, like hypnotism, then don't do it yourself. That's their problem, if that is truly the case. So be true to yourself. But keeping that in mind, allow yourself to relax and go with the flow if your body starts doing things without you guiding it to, because that is part of the practice.

And keep in mind, that's only half of the main practice. The other half is red phoenix...and then of course there are a bunch of other tools. There's more to this all than chi blasts.

Hi Scotty,

I agree about letting go, i teach a system that also has spontaneous movement but even dancing is letting go and just start moving. Most of the old ancient cultures do this dance/trance through music, drugs, meditation, shaking, chi kung, drumming, singing, chanting etc. If you sit, stand and let go be aware/mindful of the emergies you will automatically start moving!

I think Spontaneous Chi kung aka Kunlun is a great practice of learning to let go and the bouncing and stuff is great to purge the body. Its a great method to open you up before doing other higher informations!

WYG

Sounds good. I agree that the spontaneous movement is a good tool. So since you practice a form of it as well...then why do you say Max is somewhat like a stage hypnotist/televangelist? You haven't even met him.

I can understand having doubts about a system without trying its techniques. But is that a good reason to slander it?

Scotty,

I dont want to get banned for what i want to say so ill not post it!

BUT

I do believe that some of you believe his words more then what you think that is all ill say....

There is nothing wrong with the practice at all im not saying that, the question came up from SOMEONE ELSE that Max is using NLP and the like and i said i kind of agree!

If you read back a few post of mine im saying it is a great system!

Anyway i dont want to get into it that is not what im here for i dont want to get banned. I like this forum just seems there is a few things you cant talk about truthfully and that is about Max and HIS kunlun!

WYG

There is nothing wrong with the practice at all im not saying that, the question came up from SOMEONE ELSE that Max is using NLP and the like and i said i kind of agree!

If you read back a few post of mine im saying it is a great system!

Anyway i dont want to get into it that is not what im here for i dont want to get banned. I like this forum just seems there is a few things you cant talk about truthfully and that is about Max and HIS kunlun!

WYG

WYG,

We don't care if you like Kunlun or Max or what you think, so speak freely if that is what you feel you need to do. It doesn't change anything. After all, you can only GUESS at the reality of what is going on from your Australian perspective, so what is your point?

And really what is the point of all of the other seemingly intellegent people on this forum who prefer speculation to direct experience? Really, it's like US Magazine in here sometimes. Gossip and fabrication based on NOTHING but ignorance, jealousy and boredom.

Petty, shitty, slanderous and WAY off the mark.

Get real. Please.

Do you seriously think the brilliant people on this forum who generously and articulately share their real-life, first-hand experiences with you are stupid enough to be simply victims of hypnosis? You insult them all with your accusations.

For those monkeys who think this is the case, please describe the point in the seminar where this "hypnosis" takes place....c'mon, we're waiting....

I know, I know, you can't. That's because there is almost NO talking and almost ALL practicing during our seminars. But you wouldn't know that, would ya?

Max's calls his system, Kunlun. It represents the highest teachings known to man from the masters who dwell in the heart of the Kunlun mountains: Shambala. Many methods make up the system (including Spontaneous Formless-Form Nei Gung) and they are the best of what is out there. They are the greatest of what his teachers had and they produce powerful results.

The proof is in the pudding. In fact, we are way past the point of having to prove anything. Thousands of people around the world are living it, with remarkable stories to tell. Many are even starting to experience light-body effects in less than one year! It's incredible.

It takes an innovator, a rebel, a master technician, a Bodhisattva, a brave soul, and supreme humility to do the work Max does. He is all of those things and they don't make many like him.

Don't cheat yourself of the opportunity to experience what he has to offer.

We are IN-clusive, not EX-clusive. If you want to study with Max you are welcome. Our door is open. If you want to do something else then do something else. We wish you the best.

WYG,

We don't care if you like Kunlun or Max or what you think, so speak freely if that is what you feel you need to do. It doesn't change anything. After all, you can only GUESS at the reality of what is going on from your Australian perspective, so what is your point? And really what is the point of all of the other seemingly intellegent people on this forum who prefer speculation to direct experience? Really, it's like US Magazine in here sometimes. Gossip and fabrication based on NOTHING but ignorance, jealousy and boredom.

Comments like that indicating that you don't care what he thinks, are probably why he feels like he can't express himself freely within the forum. If you are such a profound believer in what it is you do, and you don't care what anyone says about it, then why be defensive? Embrace your practice and enjoy it. There's no need in my opinion to mention in such a manner that essentially what you believe and have practiced is somehow the be all end all of understanding. This man may not have experienced it, and is expressing his skepticism while he awaits a try at it. If you were not skeptical before you attempted your studies of this practice, then I don't think you fall into the category of the "seemingly intelligent people on this forum" that you refer to several times. It is natural to be skeptical, and it is why I started this thread. I would like to attempt the practice myself, but if I tried EVERY SINGLE infomercial's "lost 10 lbs in a week" scams without at least questioning them all deeply first, I think i'd be more of an idiot, than a person at peace.

I don't think anyone is slandering, merely speculating and sharing. That's just my 2 cents. And is this not all about peace anyway?

Edited by Vigilant3

Vigilant 3

Sorry for ruining your thread, ive been banned 2 times because i spoke out about MAX and his Kunlun! I dont want to get banned again i was only partly agreeing to what someone said which i still believe can be true.

However i do think the practice is very good and benifical for anyone!

WYG

Sign in to follow this