it is said...

the functioning of the Tian Mu requires great resources, which are currently unavailable to most people.

most of our resources are engaged in daily interactions.

that's why Tian Mu is regarded as a practice more suitable for retreat-like trainings, some of them involving even deeper dis-engagements from the mundane.

someone that is able to have a functional Tian Mu and sustain daily interactions would be quite an acheivement in my book.

there is an easy way, and a right way. the right way takes time and painstaking effort. the easy way can quickly burn your resources. it's the psychic version of ayahuasca or LSD or coke or whatnot...

bottom line: it's an acheivement which is part of a system of training, mostly... and, as everything that includes energy training, it reffers to all of our energy, which is developed in real life events, like THESE

how to open the third eye? don't know.

the better question is, why do you want to

The best orgasms? I like sex. :D I'm assuming that opening the third eye can lead to a different sort of sexual congress between a man and a woman. In the meantime I'm touching myself.

I'm a solitary wiccan, so I can wear a crown during ritual. I don't always, but when I do I have a "crown" that's really a very heavy silver braided chain that fits exactly around my head, with a heavy silver pendant with a large faceted garnet in it that hangs exactly on my third eye.

Possession?

Obviously, you haven't witnessed a regular saturday night in a common Norwegian town. We can't all be possessed?

Sure you can... there's lots of fallen warriors in Valhalla looking for a good time! :lol:

Possession is too strong of a word. Maybe communing with one's ancestors is more on target. :)

You Europeans got it going on!!! Charlemagne didn't quite put out the fire, did he? :lol:

Yoda

I saw this guy, Dr. Samuel Sagan, speak at an acupuncture school a few years ago on a different topic (parasitic entities!). He wrote a book earlier on awakening the third eye, which is available as a free pdf on his web site. I haven't tried the methods, so I can't comment on their effectiveness, other than to say that he seemed knowledgable and sincere:
What did he say about parasitic entities? Because this topic has come up before and it would be cool to get some more info on the topic. :)

steam - I'm a bit confused about "phosphenism?" It sounds like "phosphenes" are simply the afterimage you see after staring at a bright light? And then "phosphenism" is swaying your head rhythmically while seeing this afterimage?

Never can you open the third eye by any scientific ways .

It is always there in us ,there is no need to search for it ; it hides because our daily-life mind covers it up , our senses disperse it ,make it unseen . The more you search , the deeper it hides. You can't rely on a small mind to search and find a much bigger Mind. When you are in a forest, what you see and find are trees , not the forest . The third eye is the power of something consolidated and unified....

Edited by exorcist_1699

Interesting. A lot of people are talking about what Ratziel Bander calls the 4th eye, or the Celestial Eye, which is in the center of the forhead. He distinguishes it from the 3rd eye by saying the 4th is for receiving energy from the the Divine, whereas the 3rd eye is projecting the energy to the Divine. Sort of like phone receiver, and speaker.

Shatonga mentioned that sometimes the center of the forehead is reffered to as the 5th eye. It seems there are a lot of different classification systems.

Freeform mentioned a triangulation of cerebellum (back third eye) with front, and crown in order to create a "standing wave."

Interestingly Ananda Bosman taught a technique which was based on 'stellatedcubulation' or 'star-tetrahedrulation' using various meridian points of the head to contruct the upward and doward tetrahedrons..holding the focus on all those points, unifying them, as a way of waking up the Shen Dan tian(throat, head, crown). Then it starts to spin.

However, it seems exorcist has a point, all these techniques are not so effective when your mind is buzzing like a hornets nest full of wayward thoughts. However, there are meditations to reduce thoughts and calm the mind. Once the mind has reached a deeper level of absorption, the third eye appears of its own accord with the brightness of "tenthousand suns" rising over a motionless sea. Rather than by grasping after the third eye by minding it, when your mind calms, the third eye can open automatically.

Edited by Xienkula1

Interesting. A lot of people are talking about what Ratziel Bander calls the 4th eye, or the Celestial Eye, which is in the center of the forhead. He distinguishes it from the 3rd eye by saying the 4th is for receiving energy from the the Divine, whereas the 3rd eye is projecting the energy to the Divine. Sort of like phone receiver, and speaker.

Shatonga mentioned that sometimes the center of the forehead is reffered to as the 5th eye. It seems there are a lot of different classification systems.

Freeform mentioned a triangulation of cerebellum (back third eye) with front, and crown in order to create a "standing wave."

Interestingly Ananda Bosman taught a technique which was based on 'stellatedcubulation' or 'star-tetrahedrulation' using various meridian points of the head to contruct the upward and doward tetrahedrons..holding the focus on all those points, unifying them, as a way of waking up the Shen Dan tian(throat, head, crown). Then it starts to spin.

However, it seems exorcist has a point, all these techniques are not so effective when your mind is buzzing like a hornets nest full of wayward thoughts. However, there are meditations to reduce thoughts and calm the mind. Once the mind has reached a deeper level of absorption, the third eye appears of its own accord with the brightness of "tenthousand suns" rising over a motionless sea. Rather than by grasping after the third eye by minding it, when your mind calms, the third eye can open automatically.

I have managed to calm my mind for twenty minutes or so, not more. This doesn't seem to be enough, I guess. :(

Rather than by grasping after the third eye by minding it, when your mind calms, the third eye can open automatically.

Ah, this is soothing music to my ears.

There are so many visualization techniques out there. Too many promise big things but only give more illusions and imbalance. Like seeing peoples energy from a distance, seeing and communicating with entities, masters, aliens, auras, other dimensions, and the like. Anybody with a little imagination can learn to do it in notime.

Still, too few are willing to admit that they see only what their mind is able to translate. And too few are willing to admit that they are still stuck within mind, within illusion, never really transcended anything even after all those good feelings of unity, cosmic consciousness and limitless expansion.

In the weekend workshops or books about opening the third eye, I have hardly ever seen anyone teaching discernment or about how easily we are fooled by our own mind creating and distorting the inner pictures. And if we are easily fooled by the mind, is then the third eye really open?? Most people regard their third eye visions as the real truth.

Hmm...I've never had visions, only orgasms. Acts more like a vulva than an eye, in my experience. :huh:

If it can help predict the future accurately, I would suspect it is true.

Hey Witch I just orderd your book today--my wife and I will let you know what we exp--will you lose weight on this?

I've gained weight while on it, but a lot of women lose weight when they try it. It depends on how much you eat! :lol:

Let me know how it goes.

So I'm sitting in full-lotus in this mall bench across from this swanky bar-restaurant. This old hippy I recognize comes out of the bar, peers at me, wanders back in. Comes out a bit later and approaches me.

He claims to have patented the yin-yang symbol as the secret of free energy and adds this tidbit -- it can be made from the Star of David. I exclaim that I had revealed that secret to a mutual friends of ours a couple years ago.

Now he feels obligated to invite me in to see his latest research. I follow while explaining I'm broke -- so he buys me a $2 beer (normally I don't drink but I need some anti-septic against all the garlic and sugar I've been eating).

Anyway then he shows me the yin-yang crop circles in the U.K. and then shows me diagrams of his patent -- proving the two are exactly the same. Then he claims he had sent these diagrams to a friend in the U.K. -- one who makes crop circles and knows others who make crop circles. The implication being that this dude -- this artist in Minnesota obsessed with the yin-yang symbol -- is the source for at least two crop circles.

Hmm...I've never had visions, only orgasms. Acts more like a vulva than an eye, in my experience. :huh:

My God I'am not alone in thinking this.

One day a kindly Qigong Dr who was treating my wife turned to me and began to pry open the area just above my brow. It litteraly felt like he was fingering the opening. I got such a rush of sex energy to my head that I turned away from embarassment.

Indeed not having a vulva of my own , I can only speculate.But certainly felt more like an orgasm then a vision.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "fucked in the head"

oops

Sure you can... there's lots of fallen warriors in Valhalla looking for a good time! :lol:

Possession is too strong of a word. Maybe communing with one's ancestors is more on target. :)

You Europeans got it going on!!! Charlemagne didn't quite put out the fire, did he? :lol:

Yoda

;)

In all honesty, there could be some truth to your claim.

There are numerous stories of peacful Norwegian fellows that, while a little tipsy on vacation in southern European town bars, take on a somewhat rowdy persona. One farmer had a little disagreement with a police officer (off-duty) in southern Spain. As the off-duty cop called his collegues in Guardia Civil for backup, the peacful farmer took on the entire police force in this town, and as a consequence, attained sainthood from the locals.

My friend from my University days always, before he dozes off, tend to take off his clothes and walk around mumbling "Rape and plunder, rape and plunder..."

An old Philosophy professor I know put it thus: "Remember, Norway was made Christian with blood"

Then again, weren't we all?

h

;)

There are numerous stories of peacful Norwegian fellows that, while a little tipsy on vacation in southern European town bars, take on a somewhat rowdy persona. One farmer had a little disagreement with a police officer (off-duty) in southern Spain. As the off-duty cop called his collegues in Guardia Civil for backup, the peacful farmer took on the entire police force in this town, and as a consequence, attained sainthood from the locals.

My friend from my University days always, before he dozes off, tend to take off his clothes and walk around mumbling "Rape and plunder, rape and plunder..."

An old Philosophy professor I know put it thus: "Remember, Norway was made Christian with blood"

h

Marvellous.

My God I'am not alone in thinking this.

One day a kindly Qigong Dr who was treating my wife turned to me and began to pry open the area just above my brow. It litteraly felt like he was fingering the opening. I got such a rush of sex energy to my head that I turned away from embarassment.

Indeed not having a vulva of my own , I can only speculate.But certainly felt more like an orgasm then a vision.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "fucked in the head"

oops

Indeed! But shoot, I was hoping boys had boy parts--horns.

Pan_Horned_God.jpg

or my personal favorite :wub:

tek_1_horn_like_me_1.jpg

Drew Hempel seems to be able to send energy out of his sixth chakra. For me, it's definitely a receiving sort of organ--I can't ejaculate energy out of my forehead the way I can from the center of my chest.

On the other hand, since my forehead has started going through puberty, or whatever you want to call it, I have been a LOT less clueless. That's been handy. For example, I pulled almost all of my 401K out of stocks and put it into bonds over a year ago. Not that I don't get tricked, I'm still pretty gullible, but things are...different. I mean, I've always had visions, the sight, but I'm not having visions specifically from my forehead. Instead, I just have this aching need for, and this is ridiculous, penetration.

Maybe all the daoist practice I do has made me less of a dick head and more of a cunt.

Awesome thread, y'all.

Witch, it's sooo nice to have you back. You and Drew need to do lunch sometime!!! :lol:

h

Awesome post!

Just for kicks, to tie in the Viking and the third eye thing, Stephen Flowers in his intro to the Viking spellbook, The Galdrabok, says:

"The object is not a helmet in the usual sense, but rather a general covering that surrounds the wearer with an overawing power to terrify and subdue his enemies. The power is concentrated between the eyes and is often associated with the supposed power of the serpents to paralyze their prey... like the one with the evil eye. We also think of the Gorgons' ability to paralyze with the gaze of their eyes set in a head surmounted by serpents. Whatever the origin of the Icelandic magical sign, its function remains essentially the same, but here in the Galdrabok there are practical indications, not just mythic allusions."

The Helm of Awe in this particular text is simplified from the one you if you google for the image of Helm of Awe. Just a cross shape, and only the ends fork out, no middle things.

In the actual spells, the Helm of Awe seems to be used for pretty much anything: entice a mate, protection, aggression in the above example, and to calm anger too.

It seems to be used in the "command center" sense where energy is being sent out and no hint of subtleties. Definitely get the sense that this was an art on its way out.

Yoda

"how does one open one's third eye?"

1) practice the small universe exercise aka the microcosmic orbit -- done while sitting in a chair.

2) Do simple standing tai-chi exercises

3) sit in half-lotus for mind yoga "self concentration."

The best small universe practice guide is the $11 c.d. from http://springforestqigong.com -- see "in the store" -- level 1 sitting meditation c.d.

The best guidance book on practice results and details is "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" trans. by charles luk.

Takes about 100 days of building up your energy (good diet, no sex, mind control practice, etc.)

with thanks to Vajrasattva in a different thread for mentioning this:

Shambhavi Mudra

An incredibly easy way to get the pineal stimulated and have a blissful meditation.

The elixir that drips down the throat during good meditation... it comes from the pineal and contains DMT. I guess you all knew this before..

ok so I'm a bit slow on these science-y things, okay. B)

Another question: how many of you are wanting to achieve the light body, and if you are.. why?

Yes Shambhavi works. I was going to mention this could work well along with sungazing. Holding the afterimage at third eye. A kind of Shambhavi Surya Trataka to develop absorption of mind at this point. Just becareful you don't go third eye blind with sungazing..no more than 10- 15 seconds to start with at sunrise or sunset. Good to have Khechari in your 3rd eye arsenal as well.

Yes. Because that is my purpose, every raindrop must return to the ocean.

P.S. Dearest Witch, no womens are outies, and mens are innies. It's the whole yin yang inversion thing. It's for self intercourse, imagin if you were to spin head over heels into your vulva, and it was a vulva to vulva...it's certainly possible, but that would be yin-yin....you need yin yang...so your pineal is yang phallus. Same principle with men. Poonanies in their brains.

Maddonna wasn't so off when she said "I have got a dick, it's in my brain."

Edited by Xienkula1

I have managed to calm my mind for twenty minutes or so, not more. This doesn't seem to be enough, I guess. :(

About 2 hours is enough. :)