Teddy

How come so many people in this forum are in to Kunlun?

Hi. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I quickly noticed 'Kunlun' all over the place. Id never even heard of Kunlun before coming here (and I have been fanatically researching all sorts of Chi Kung for the last half year)... So, I googled it and found the website. At first glance it seems to be either very superstitious, or scary. And at the moment I dont really trust it. Can anyone tell me more about it, and describe some of your personal experiences with it? Also, what does it have over other forms of chi Kung?

Hi. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I quickly noticed 'Kunlun' all over the place. Id never even heard of Kunlun before coming here (and I have been fanatically researching all sorts of Chi Kung for the last half year)... So, I googled it and found the website. At first glance it seems to be either very superstitious, or scary. And at the moment I dont really trust it. Can anyone tell me more about it, and describe some of your personal experiences with it? Also, what does it have over other forms of chi Kung?

Hello Teddy

I've recently started Kunlun, but revel in knowing nothing about nothing so will leave your questions for someone far more knowledgable and eloquent, except to say it's not chi-kung its a nei-kung practice and there is a difference. That might just of given you another question you want answering when its answers that you seek, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

Good luck and prosper with whichever practice, wherever it takes you.

Sam

The taobums is mostly about Kunlun, David Shen Verdesis prices and retention. But inbetween are some real gems! Stick with us ;)

there's a lot of kunlun talk right now because max is "on tour", making stops in NJ and Europe (coming to a town near you this sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!), so people are personally engaging him right now and coming here to talk about it.

welcome aboard Teddy!

Teddy,

Welcome to taobums!! Kunlun is a great practice that's easy to learn even from a book, so that accounts for its popularity despite some of the outrageousness of the website. (If you google thetaobums.com for Kunlun and look at the early posts, they debate the hands of light and Max's eye color, etc... nothing was ever settled, except that that gamma radiation is what created the Incredible Hulk. :lol: )

Some taobums may have been turned off by the prevalence of Kunlun posts and have left the forum but I'd like to think that it's fairly easy to ignore Kunlun based discussions if it's not of interest to you.

Also, they will fire up a Kunlun discussion forum at some point so that should help also.

Your pal,

Yoda

Hey Teddy,

At first glance it seems to be either very superstitious, or scary. And at the moment I dont really trust it.

I didn't trust it either. It seems like only crazy people would believe that this kind of stuff is possible!

But I got the book after reading about so many people saying it's great, and practiced what the book said. Things that people said would happen, did happen. My legs would shake and my head wanted to go back. But I still doubted whether this was just kind of a result of the legs being tired or something, so I went to the seminar to see if the "transmission" really did anything. Well some strange things happened at the seminar before the formal transmission happened at all! It felt like the ground was shaking (as if I was in an elevator, even when standing on the earth). Sometimes this was kind of disorienting. You could say the vibration was higher, even before Max and crew showed up...I felt kind of weird because I wasn't used to it. But the next day after sleeping I felt fine.

During the actual transmission, I didn't "feel" much. But a few seconds after I got a transmission, my body started moving in a way that I could be absolutely sure I wasn't causing it to move. So my skepticism disappeared as to whether this was a worthwhile practice or not. There was still more I was skeptical about...Max, the teacher, tells a lot of really crazy stories. I still don't know about some of those, but I CAN say that most (if not all) of the stuff on the website where it describes kunlun is true.

So, it should be said that as weird phenomenon are happening you are 100% aware of what's going on. During the practice you don't experience weird mental states where you're open to suggestion or anything.

And I should say that when people are moving around, it's because they're really open to the energy. Some are more open than others...myself, I'm not that sensitive...yet.

But anyway as the past month has gone by the practice has really flourished. I'm so glad to have found out about it. Oh I almost forgot, I should give some details about it...

It seems that it accomplishes all of the qi gong (and yoga) goals faster than any method I know of and in a more balanced way. And it's a piece of cake. You can study qi gong theories and see where it applies, but kunlun shows you the way. It's really true when they say it's a root practice, meaning all other practices and systems stem from this one thing. Really amazing. B)

Just my take.

Because they've been touched by god?

Because fucking with your body and mind with Kunlun is cheaper than LSD?

Because some people will buy into any old shit?

Because their shit doesn't stink?

Only joking it's because they're all enlightened. :lol:

Good grief! :huh:

Just a quick question:

its starting to rain and thunder around my house, do you think doing Kunlun in this manifestation of nature will enhance, supress, or not change my kunlun meditation?

The taobums is mostly about Kunlun, David Shen Verdesis prices and retention. But inbetween are some real gems! Stick with us ;)

These are rather new phenoms... the broader spectrum of topics and issues related to spiritual questing as Taoists - (and anyone else too, for that matter), may perceive them... can still be found in older threads and discussions...

We each can add to the topics here as we wish, so hey, newbies... spring forth with yr various systems, techniques, jokes and mojos.

The Tao is still one and all ! So inherently, nothing is left out, right nor wrong for many here...But alas many subjects have been beaten so as to make a dead horse seem untried... and the rehashing can be trying on the 8th go-round...

Patience and compassion, are often needed here as else where.

Edited by Wayfarer64

not unless you want to attract lightning, anyway :lol: in the house should be fine...unless you're whippin up that much brew :lol:

couple interesting things scotty's post made me think of was about max walking by - its almost like a boat driving by, you hear it, see it, then the wake hits you :lol:

moreso than that was when he was doing any sort of at-a-distance stuff. I found that if you paid attention...or more like, if you attuned yourself to that particular energy, you felt it big time.

2nd was so much more significant than the first...I'm rockin level 2 and looking forward to a third seminar...too bad I cant make the hawaii seminar later on this year!

It actually stopped raining before I began. This was my second time doing level 1 and it was so much more intense than my last one! Crazy leg bouncing, alot more in my right leg though. And now my body is humming especially near my third eye. I can't wait to do it again, maybe another session before I go to bed. If it continues to more and more intense i cant even imagine how great this is going to be. I'm smiling just thinking about it :D

Nice post Sheng :D

Because kunluners are taking over the world muahahaha :ph34r:

Seriously, I heard about this forum from fellowkunluners, so I guess the news about this forum is spreading amongst us. I'm sorry that not-kunluners feel that we are intruding or spamming, but I think the most of us are only trying to share our experience and ask questions. And our experiences are somewhat....odd..? :blink:

Edited by Heidi1975