idiot_stimpy

Spotting a fake master

10 hours ago, Apech said:

By realised Buddhist I meant one who has achieved realization of the nature of mind/reality.  For instance a zen or Tibetan master.  Although textual references are important they are not as important as direct insight or prajna.

yes, agreeing on that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Biggest Nobody said:

I think the young boys and men in my generation are waking up to the idea that sex is fleeting and it is not just simple "entertainment". To keep it a buck, they are still in the minority but it I think people are waking up slowly but surely.

sex is not or should not be either entertainment or fleeting.

something that seems to be forgotten by a lot of people nowadays.

2 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

sex is not or should not be either entertainment or fleeting.

something that seems to be forgotten by a lot of people nowadays.

I have the impression that aside from a small minority of younger "spirituality loving people", the majority are so old that sex is no longer a big issue?

I am not too sure. I do not know whether it is a bias of my FYP but I see a lot of comments or videos of people in my generation not participating in the hookup culture anymore. Either for spiritual reasons or they are just tired of listening to all the bop lores. I think gen z is waking up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Biggest Nobody said:

I am not too sure. I do not know whether it is a bias of my FYP but I see a lot of comments or videos of people in my generation not participating in the hookup culture anymore. Either for spiritual reasons or they are just tired of listening to all the bop lores. I think gen z is waking up.

Venerable grandmaster, what are "FYP" and "bop lores" ?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, snowymountains said:

I have told you that I have given up "grandiosity," and instead am an insignificant nobody.

FYP is the for you page. 

Bop lores are traumatic... it's a villains origin story. I do not wish it on any other man. 

1 minute ago, The Biggest Nobody said:

I have told you that I have given up "grandiosity," and instead am an insignificant nobody.

FYP is the for you page. 

Bop lores are traumatic... it's a villains origin story. I do not wish it on any other man. 

I have now become aware of your great modesty too and stay humbled in its presence.

Thank you for protecting me from the "bop lores" horrors. As I do not yet have empowerment for that, I will relentlessly practice preliminaries to become worthy of it one day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Biggest Nobody said:

Your post appears to be a response to recent discussions, likely influenced by me. Therefore, I will first contribute then present my defense, given my frequent self-identification as a Master.

My experience here, and elsewhere, is that while I sometimes feel like people are referring to me with posts or comments, it's far more likely that they are referring to something going on in their own lives. That tendency to assume we are the object of someone's comments or expression is normal and natural but usually inaccurate and leads to unnecessary conflict. On retreat, someone once told my teacher they were blown away by how he seemed to talk to them so directly about their specific conditions and problems despite speaking to such a large and diverse group, and multiple other retreatants agreed. His response was that he is never speaking to anyone in particular, and doesn't really know anything about our individual lives, but that if we feel someone is talking to (or about) us then they are! Meaning it is something that is reactive and needs attention in us and something we should pay some close attention to. But it really has nothing to do with the other person. Zhuangzi's empty boat parable touches on this for me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Master Logray said:

the majority are so old that sex is no longer a big issue?

Nope, not on this forum. Everyone here has enough sexual vitality to give and to sell, specially those obsessed with the sex talk. That must be all your imagination so never mention it again, ok? It's taboo here.

19 hours ago, Apech said:

I'm going to grow bangs to celebrate.

Make sure they match.

IMG20240301093131~2.jpg

4 hours ago, Master Logray said:

I have the impression that aside from a small minority of younger "spirituality loving people", the majority are so old that sex is no longer a big issue?

Wouldn't know about the median age of bums.

I was thinking of my own younger self when I wrote that, sex is undervalued and overrated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Studies show that sexual activity for many continues well into the 70s and 80s.

I would agree it becomes less of a "big issue" (eg obsession or source of stress) with advancing age. 

• Like 2

Just now, steve said:

I would agree it becomes less of a "big issue" (eg obsession or source of stress) with advancing age. 

I went through a phase where I meditated all the freaking time and a couple years of that and no sex drive lol. I'm not that old either. 

15 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I went through a phase where I meditated all the freaking time and a couple years of that and no sex drive lol. I'm not that old either. 

huh, I do not remember that at all, on the contrary really 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

Make sure they match.

IMG20240301093131~2.jpg

more bangs for your buck ( or something)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, steve said:

yes but don’t you find in the cold weather things go brittle and drop off?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Apech said:

yes but don’t you find in the cold weather things go brittle and drop off?

Not if you come prepared...   

<_<

Spoiler

image.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 9:34 PM, idiot_stimpy said:

What advice or tips would you give in order to help someone spot a fake master?

1. Claims 

2. Money (substantial quantities involved enough to fund a lavish lifestyle)

3. Promises

4. Goals

5. What his system will help you attain (linked to point 1)

6. Fancy names used instead of his real name; eg. Master of the Sacred Kunlun Order of the Sublime Bliss rather than Joe Citizen.

7. Hinduism. This tradition is often associate with charlatans. Same with Christianity.

Examples: 

1. Swami Nityananda

2. The Vatican

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Yes.  I was going to make a rude pun on the last  bit   ... but I am 'running late' today .

B)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, snowymountains said:

Get with it Snowy !

Gen Z be getting their 'wisdom'  from anime now .

How to tell a fake master ?  he will have some lame  anime , 'heroin sheik , sad big eyes , but also one's that get angry ... just before he throws a fireball at you , image of himself .

..... ' kids ' !

" Stop annoying me Billy and go play on the internet . "

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, steve said:

Oooooh  !  

Thanks for clearing that up !

13 hours ago, snowymountains said:

I will relentlessly practice preliminaries to become worthy of it one day.

It is not something you should be working towards lil bro

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Nungali said:

Get with it Snowy !

Gen Z be getting their 'wisdom'  from anime now .

How to tell a fake master ?  he will have some lame  anime , 'heroin sheik , sad big eyes , but also one's that get angry ... just before he throws a fireball at you , image of himself .

What? Is that right? Maybe you're right. YOU'RE SO RIGHT!!

9 Jujutsu Kaisen memes - Sportskeeda Stories
What was Gojo doing during the time skip?(wrong answers only) :  r/Jujutsufolk

Throughout heaven and earth... I alone am the honored one.

Will Gojo come back to life after Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236? Explained

Edited by The Biggest Nobody

I have spotted another fake master  ....

Spoiler

image.png.6c4a4007fc00265ec39d602cf19b0da8.png