Apech

Unpopular Opinions

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You forgot about your spanking.  

I didn't!  Everybody else's contributions are interesting enough, Daniel, but yours has a special place in my heart.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I didn't!  Everybody else's contributions are interesting enough, Daniel, but yours has a special place in my heart.

Here's to many happy returns.

image.png.692b3774ea2a2adc4677d6c304dc8d96.png

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Here's to many happy returns.

image.png.692b3774ea2a2adc4677d6c304dc8d96.png

Daniel and Luke have a spanking good time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kakapo said:

My buddy from Zeta-2 Reticuli lent me his scouter, xe double checked the readings.

Xe told me we are mostly just a bunch of empty containers, and the last full container they found was crucified several millennia ago.

So no then...

Interesting you dont hold yourself to the same standard as you hold others to

Theres a point of reflection here for you

12 hours ago, Apech said:

Good vid on DNA evidence:

Ohhhh .... I thought you meant Australian Aboriginals in South America , not Polynesian Aboriginals .  7000 Km is a reasonable effort .

But what about the other way around?  People from Sth America landing in , not Polynesia but making it all the way to Australia! That was  14,000 km !  

So here you are, not knowing what is about to happen , out at the beach for a day , at Ballina, just up the coast from me . And all of a sudden people around you are looking out to sea , pointing and " What the hell is that thing ! "  ..... turning up completely unannounced  and 'out of the blue ' .

" Where the hell did you guys float that heap of junk from ? "

"  Ecuador !   :)  "Tributes flow for 'courageous' Las Balsas captain | Daily TelegraphLas Balsas Expedition Arrives in Ballina 21/11/1973

Las Balsas Expedition Arrives in Ballina 21/11/1973 | Ballina High ...

Sharks, Dali and Waltzing Matilda: Explorer recalls epic raft journey ...

Not many people know about this , its the longest raft journey ever .... that we know of ."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vital_Alsar_Pacific_raft_expeditions

Edited by Nungali
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, steve said:

Unpopular opinion #37:

Nearly everything everyone says here is an expression of their own personal condition and experience and has relatively little to do with the outside world. 

Its a lovely day , the sun is shining , the ravens are calling out .  Its  warmed up, spring is springing , the first wattle flowering started , new growth is appearing .  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indiken said:

Everyone post here for themselves, not for others - that is they try to refine their opinions, but not opinions of others

That isnt quite correct .  Your opinions are unrefined .   Allow me to assist you  .....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Its been so long   since I used this  ....

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.OZX7jKDkuoaWbiCA2GWCCgAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=a06d658bd715e065a5a2429354919c9e17565770791d590973b2aa6b5a603503&ipo=images

2 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

So no then...

Interesting you dont hold yourself to the same standard as you hold others to

Theres a point of reflection here for you

I'll just have to assume my buddy knows what xe is talking about.

I trust xyrs judgement, as xe is more evolved than anyone else I know of.

8 hours ago, kakapo said:

I'll just have to assume my buddy knows what xe is talking about.

In other words, you have that based on an anecdote someone else told you

Glad we cleared it up...that was all I asked you

No need to continue and try to deflect the point elsewhere

14 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

In other words, you have that based on an anecdote someone else told you

Glad we cleared it up...that was all I asked you

No need to continue and try to deflect the point elsewhere

To be clear we are talking about a more evolved being from Zeta-2 Reticuli,  they know a great deal more than some random human off the street does about this particular topic.

While you may say that is just an appeal to authority, I feel it is justifiable in this instance.

Edited by kakapo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

To be clear we are talking at a more evolved being from Zeta-2 Reticuli,  they know a great deal more than some random human off the street does about this particular topic.

While you may say that is just an appeal to authority, I feel it is justifiable in this instance.

To be clear someone said someone told one person in one language, who told another person in English, who then told everyone else...so again, its not even second hand, it is third hand.

My point being its important to be consitent here. One should hold themselves to the same standard they hold others

I have no problem accepting testimony where it is warranted...and clearly, from your own words,  you dont either.

We agree then. 

Curiously, to move on from this, is that an unpopular opinion???

That one should hold themselves to the same standard they hold others?

Edited by Shadow_self

2 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

Curiously, to move on from this...is that an unpopular opinion???

It's very hard to do that, since the experience of being a person is so different from watching one from the outside. Inevitably we are harsher to ourselves than to others on some points, and more forgiving about other things. But I have faith that my acquaintances will be brave enough to point out serious flaws that I miss about myself, and in return I will do the same for them. There does not need to be any bitterness about it either way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apech said:

Dzogchen is for beginners.

More detail on this opinion? I don't know much about Dzogchen except that it has a lot of Bon elements.

3 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

To be clear someone said someone told one person in one language, who told another person in English, who then told everyone else...so again, its not even second hand, it is third hand.

My point being its important to be consitent here. One should hold themselves to the same standard they hold others

I have no problem accepting testimony where it is warranted...and clearly, from your own words,  you dont either.

We agree then. 

some say we should hold ourselves to the highest standard, and trying to hold others unless they are close with agreed upon standards won't work.

21 minutes ago, whocoulditbe? said:

More detail on this opinion? I don't know much about Dzogchen except that it has a lot of Bon elements.

More detail?   Dzogchen is definitely for beginners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Apech said:

More detail?   Dzogchen is definitely for beginners.

Ironically also for finishers. 

• Like 1

Nyingma Dzogchen, being a resultant vehicle, is the only path that actualises Buddhahood in as quickly as 3 years 3 months. All other paths and traditions are causal vehicles - limited to producing causes for enlightenment only, and practice or cultivation is meant to accumulate merit with which to slowly peel away the layers of delusion, finally arriving at sunyata. Dzogchen introduces sunyata from day one of the 3 years 3 months. The rest of the time is used up for familiarisation to gain stability in the View. 

1 hour ago, old3bob said:

black cats are evil,  (an old superstition)

and its partner, the (somewhat?) unpopular opinion:  felines are gods.

Yin is exactly as important as Yang. Shakti is exactly as important as Shiva. 

These polarities are our inner realities. Bringing them together is our only task. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

11 hours ago, Shadow_self said:

We agree then. 

We have a holographic projector from Zeta-2 Reticuli, and BD-NRG-23 talks about this among other topics. Speaking of which you know anywhere we can pick up some Moscovium pellets for the fuel cell?