Apech

Unpopular Opinions

All Indian Buddhism, Yoga and Chinese Daoism were reinvented in the 19th Century by western scholars.

42 minutes ago, Indiken said:

Opinions can be justified not only by desire for them to be right :lol:

Opinions are the cause of ignorance.

2 hours ago, Apech said:

All Indian Buddhism, Yoga and Chinese Daoism were reinvented in the 19th Century by western scholars.

this is a popular urban myth actually. i would be curious to know who and when started it first.

6 hours ago, Cobie said:

As I said. 

some say almost nothing while acting like some kind of  troll...btw I'd say our quotes or one liners are not really saying very much although I too use them at times.

Edited by old3bob

4 hours ago, old3bob said:

… acting like some kind of  troll...

I do apologise. I have remove my posts. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

this is a popular urban myth actually. i would be curious to know who and when started it first.

Gordon White?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Christmas Humphreys?

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Cobie this is the Unpopular Opinions thread - post as you will.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here's mine: there is nothing less daoist than sitting in front of a computer (or phone) and writing posts on an internet forum.

: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cobie said:

well maybe we should get the thread moved to current events that has more latitude for both of us and others...

Apech does have a point...

Edited by old3bob

6 hours ago, iinatti said:

Here's mine: there is nothing less daoist than sitting in front of a computer (or phone) and writing posts on an internet forum.

: )

Warning: Nungali might be tempted to steal (I mean borrow) that cute little bugger and take it home to go along  with the rest of his buddies...;)

(the little hedgehog looking avatar)

Edited by old3bob
  • Confused 1

The proper response to any spanking:

"Thank you may I have another."

image.png.218b4e786021349b32181027692301fc.png

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

The proper response to any spanking:

"Thank you may I have another."

image.png.218b4e786021349b32181027692301fc.png

Just when you think this thread couldn't possibly get any more interesting....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Just when you think this thread couldn't possibly get any more interesting....

... assume the position ...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Taomeow said:

If that guy in the apron was really you, I'd love to perform an unpopular act.  

You would be playing an accordion to accompany me  .... form a three person, in costume,  fake Andean  busking group  with pan pipes  ...   do  an imitation of Le Petomane   ?   :unsure:

• Haha 2

Here is my mainstream unpop professional opinion ;  

Australian Aboriginals are mix of different  people's that came into the continent  at different times . Some are brown (latter arrivals ) and some are black ( earlier )  .

( Shock  horror ..... every anthropologist in Australia since 1975 just had a heart attack !   ... and I am now dodging several thrown spears  ) 

th?id=OIP.LG6jC-2CV97VJZUNAVdz0AHaEK%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=f9dfbe9037f017bc873829f04eeabe4ae77d4489d15cd854c76f4b8055ab9a5d&ipo=images            th?id=OIP.SbNe5_Mmd3gvsRm_ey0q2QHaFJ%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=6c1e77b85db9c52480b5d0ef06c2016633eea1e352bf2ee7e12cd2190305de69&ipo=images

... and, while I am at it .  It makes no difference whatsoever to land rights claims, ownership, dignity , validity , etc  if  all current Aboriginals did not descend from one type or one event of 'arrivals' .    Because  .....

we are all a mix of different peoples ... no matter how far back you go !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Here is my mainstream unpop professional opinion ;  

Australian Aboriginals are mix of different  people's that came into the continent  at different times . Some are brown (latter arrivals ) and some are black ( earlier )  .

( Shock  horror ..... every anthropologist in Australia since 1975 just had a heart attack !   ... and I am now dodging several thrown spears  ) 

th?id=OIP.LG6jC-2CV97VJZUNAVdz0AHaEK%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=f9dfbe9037f017bc873829f04eeabe4ae77d4489d15cd854c76f4b8055ab9a5d&ipo=images            th?id=OIP.SbNe5_Mmd3gvsRm_ey0q2QHaFJ%26pid=Api&f=1&ipt=6c1e77b85db9c52480b5d0ef06c2016633eea1e352bf2ee7e12cd2190305de69&ipo=images

... and, while I am at it .  It makes no difference whatsoever to land rights claims, ownership, dignity , validity , etc  if  all current Aboriginals did not descend from one type or one event of 'arrivals' .    Because  .....

we are all a mix of different peoples ... no matter how far back you go !

But did they get to South America?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apech said:

But did they get to South America?

Their jeans did .  

Well, actually   some of their  jeans ... just the pockets .

here we go , I'll explain it all ;

Unpopular opinion ( ie. not 'newsworthy ' ..... or, in your case , not 'mewsworthy ' ) ;

people developed traits in SE Asia , some crossed down into Australia bringing that genetic info with them but some went up the east coast of Asia and across 'Beringia' , taking that genetic info within them, and eventually down into Sth America .

Popular opinion , 'newsworthy ' ; 

Aboriginals in South America !!!!   :o    ..... evidence of ancient world culture !   ' Scientists' say that  .......   

;) 

.... wait, I thought of an even more popular one :

Humans actually   extremely ancient Mesozoic  species ..... Aboriginals walked into 'South America'  directly from 'Australia' when both countries where joined together  as Gondwanaland 

'

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Their jeans did .  

Well, actually   some of their  jeans ... just the pockets .

here we go , I'll explain it all ;

Unpopular opinion ( ie. not 'newsworthy ' ..... or, in your case , not 'mewsworthy ' ) ;

people developed traits in SE Asia , some crossed down into Australia bringing that genetic info with them but some went up the east coast of Asia and across 'Beringia' , taking that genetic info within them, and eventually down into Sth America .

Popular opinion , 'newsworthy ' ; 

Aboriginals in South America !!!!   :o    ..... evidence of ancient world culture !   ' Scientists' say that  .......   

;) 

.... wait, I thought of an even more popular one :

Humans actually   extremely ancient Mesozoic  species ..... Aboriginals walked into 'South America'  directly from 'Australia' when both countries where joined together  as Gondwanaland 

'

But no traces of Australasian DNA in North American tribes …

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Apech said:

But no traces of Australasian DNA in North American tribes …

... more than one ingress into  Americas ..... the Aboriginals didnt like the USA so kept going .  North American tribes  came later from elsewhere .

OR ... if you like , a bunch of 'our guys' paddled over there in paperbark canoes   :)

( they become 'our guys' when we feel a false sense of past achievement that has nothing to do with us anyway, even if they where our grandparents  ;)  )

49 minutes ago, Nungali said:

You would be playing an accordion to accompany me  .... form a three person, in costume,  fake Andean  busking group  with pan pipes  ...   do  an imitation of Le Petomane   ?   :unsure:

Afraid none of the above is anywhere near my repertoire, so I'd choose some unpopular act I actually know how to perform.  

E.g. play a beginner level erhu, provide a no-holds-barred feng shui analysis of the premises, hit a dim mak point with a Thousand Eyes Bodhi Seed, stuff like that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Teachers will only take you so far. Each teacher has their personal view of the system they represent. Make sure you develop your own, and be free to mix and match. Your ultimate teacher resides inside of you.

• Like 4