Juiced

Variations of Microcosmic orbit?

HI,

I've been practicing the Small Circle for a while and am enjoying the feel of Qi. Before moving up to the MCO, I'm wondering if it would be reasonable to extend the Small Circle orbit to include the chest and the point opposite the chest. So, the new orbit would look like this: dantian --> perineum --> tailbone --> mingmen --> point opposite chest --> chest --> dantian.

I'm thinking of doing this so that I can gradually build up flow of Qi in the orbit without the potential complications of not having enough flow and having Qi get stuck in my head.

I've seen the suggestion that I can go up to the forehead in the orbit and then reverse course and go back to dantian.

Your thoughts, please.

11 hours ago, Juiced said:

I'm wondering if it would be reasonable to extend the Small Circle orbit to include the chest and the point opposite the chest. ...the potential complications of not having enough flow and having Qi get stuck in my head.

you can do it. why not? there is no particular benefit or harm in it. doing it provides no guarantee from deviations either.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:43 AM, Juiced said:

HI,

I've been practicing the Small Circle for a while and am enjoying the feel of Qi. Before moving up to the MCO, I'm wondering if it would be reasonable to extend the Small Circle orbit to include the chest and the point opposite the chest. So, the new orbit would look like this: dantian --> perineum --> tailbone --> mingmen --> point opposite chest --> chest --> dantian.

I'm thinking of doing this so that I can gradually build up flow of Qi in the orbit without the potential complications of not having enough flow and having Qi get stuck in my head.

I've seen the suggestion that I can go up to the forehead in the orbit and then reverse course and go back to dantian.

Your thoughts, please.

The microcosmic orbit is a hot topic.  Some Bums hold that guiding energy with the mind is counterproductivealtogether.  (See @freeform.)  That said, an old teacher of mine, Gilles Marin, recommends exactly the path you suggest.  My only caution would be to not to spend a lot of focused non-moving time concentrating on the heart center.