Kojiro

The effects of full moon on your practice and energy levels

Yesterday I was reading posts writen by @voidisyinyang. He said that when you meditate during full moon your energy level can be 3 times higher than usual. Do you think that full moon has such an effect on human beings? Do you feel more energetic when you practice (or whatever you do) during full moon?

Edited by Kojiro

In some western traditions, the moon disturbs the flow of spiritual energies from the sun.   At full moon the disturbance is least because the moon is on the opposite side of the planet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lairg said:

In some western traditions, the moon disturbs the flow of spiritual energies from the sun.   At full moon the disturbance is least because the moon is on the opposite side of the planet.

Interesting, so in these traditions the full moon also helps with the flow of energy. What traditions are you talking about?

Edited by Kojiro
  • Like 1

There was a group in Chicago that had full moon meditations.  Couple cycles of 45 minutes meditation then 45 minutes dancing.  Quite a refreshing way to spend an evening.  Taoishly the moon is yin, yet the full moon is yang so its a night of mixed energy. 

Judaism in on a lunar calendar, with special occasions and holiday on new and old moons, I believe Islam is similar.  The Chinese have a traditional lunisolar calendar. They all use leap months, or year to keep ontrack with Gregorian solar calendar.

Most traditions have special customs and names for each full moon. Native tribes having the most interesting and practical names.   Some very old herbal potion books they'd have instructions on making tonics by the full moon and straining them by the light of the next full moon. 

• Like 1

I am thinking of doing a special full moon fast next month to see if I can notice an increase of energy and detox. Fasting is a highly energetic practice, so if these theories are correct to mix it with full moon can be interesting.

• Like 1

I have read that surgery at the full moon is more likely to lead to difficult bleeding.

And of course, lunatics have a good time at full moon

13 hours ago, Kojiro said:

Yesterday I was reading posts writen by @voidisyinyang. He said that when you meditate during full moon your energy level can be 3 times higher than usual. Do you think that full moon has such an effect on human beings? Do you feel more energetic when you practice (or whatever you do) during full moon?

The full Moon definitely has some effects on us - but whether that  makes our 'energy level' three times higher during 'mediation'  is another thing ... actually, what does that even mean ?   One assumes it is the energy present or generated during some specific meditation,  but what ?  Personally, considering the source I would not bother trying to track it down .

You would be better looking at ( or seeking  explanation, in the case of wanting some feedback ) what specific energy YOU are dealing / want to deal with and what specific meditations.  ' Full Moon' is very general ... it is only one of the many cycles and rhythms  the Moon has that effect us and our energies .

As well as the Synodic cycle ( full through  new to full  Moon cycle -  there  are  significant other ones , which may effect us more so) .  For example , above it was said how the Full Moon is a Sun Moon 'opposition' .  It is the relative position of the planets and other bodies, to each other  that gives the 'cosmic' forces their impetus (locally ) .  The main ones being Sun and Moon . But we have other more significant relationships  to do with the usual astrological  aspects ; The Sun and Moon at various main angles of relationship , at the four stations of heaven ; Asc,  MC, Dsc & IC .   Eg ,  When the Moon is  Asc (on the eastern horizon , rising , 0 o ) and the Sun is at another station ,  eg setting .  Most potent is when the Moon is at IC , 'underfoot'  and the Sun is at one of the 4 stations  -   fishermen know this and thats when they prefer to go out as  nature and wildlife is more active and feeding .

There are also the ascending and descending cycles of the Moon ( the Moon's 'seasons' ) ,  The Moon opposition Saturn cycle  (27.5 days ) . Moon Node cycle ( 27.2  days ) - the Moon crossing the path of the Sun  - here we can see why other lunar rhythms  can be more important than the synodic .  These days give negative influence so  I would not recommend energy work, or  deep mediations  on these days .... in some cultures they do not even do agriculture or harvesting on these days  ( I tracked them on calendar for a while , a few large natural disasters  happened over a three year  period - the days dont cause the disasters and many of those days do not have a disaster ... but when they occur , they are often on those days . )

Apogee and Perigree  cycle - 27.5 days . The Moon's nearest and furthest point to Earth . The effect here , with A is to increase multiplicity of form and with P  to increase form of singularity BUT , the same caution applies as above  12 hrs either side of the exact time  ( the same applies somewhat to to solar equinoxes and solstices ) .

The Zodiacal constellation cycle  - 27 . 3 days . Which zodiac sign the Moon is in .  Often considered very important in magical workings .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The full moon is considered an auspicious time to engage in spiritual practice in Bön and Tibetan Buddhism.

I've also heard some say that the merits of practice are amplified on those days, also new moon days. 

I can't say I feel more energetic per se but perhaps more sensitive and alert, empathetic.

• Like 2

Spring Tides

The phases of the moon also affect tides. When the moon is at its full or new moon phase, high tides are at their highest, while low tides are lower than usual. Called spring tides, these tides occur when the sun, moon and the Earth all line up. The added gravity of the sun can make the oceans bulge more than at other times.

Full/new moon has an effect since we're mainly made up of liquidy stuff. This effect needs to be nurtured and then harnessed for various objectives, as with most other practices. It'd be naive to take Drew's words at face value by assuming one can miraculously reap exponential meditative energies during certain lunar/solar phases without prior preparatory knowledge enjoined with cumulative practices pertaining to such an endeavour. There better not be anything fickle in spiritual cultivation, especially if its got to do with tapping into higher energetic dimensions. 

• Like 1

I see there is a tradition in India in which they fast during new moon and they eat during full moon. Does new moon has similar effects like full moon? in that case a fast in full or new moon would be of similar effects.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/tutorial_tides/tides06_variations.html

Edit: According to this site, both full and new moon have similar effects on tides, this is called spring tides. In full and new moon the sun, the moon and the earth are in alingment, so the gravitational pull of the moon is added to that of the sun creating higher or lower tides. So I guess that energetic practices can be enhanced both in full and new moon, if it is possible at all.

Edited by Kojiro

If the Moon is a dead planet - being too large for a moon -  then it may be that the deadness does disturb the spiritual flows from the Sun.  

There are of course too many technical problems for the Moon to be natural - for example how does such an object, about 500 million years older than the Earth, arrive at the Earth, decelerate to orbital speed into an almost perfectly circular orbit at just the right distance so that at an eclipse, the Moon is the right size to block out the Sun exactly for a short time.   

There are many other strangenesses about the Moon

So does the Moon disturb the spiritual light from the Sun - hence having least adverse effect at full moon?

• Confused 1

Its amazing isnt it  ?

Well, it would be if it was true

The Moon wasnt racing through space to decelerate somehow magically and move into orbit around Earth - where did you get THAT one from ?

The Moon didnt come into existence until after the Earth did, then after the Earth's collision with Thea and then after the agglomeration of the orbiting debris . 

• Like 1

"The moon is far older than previously expected. Maybe even older than the Earth or the Sun. The oldest age for the Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old; moon rocks were dated at 5.3 billion years old, and the dust upon which they were resting was at least another billion years older. "

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/luna/esp_luna_16.htm

The above estimates put Moon dust perhaps 2 billion years older than Earth rocks

https://eos.org/articles/earth-rocks-and-moon-rocks-are-more-different-than-we-thought

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/28/moon-older-earth-born-hellish-fiery-whirlpool-scientists-calculate-7350049/

This topic is more difficult than I thought! Some theories claim that the full / new moon can give you energy, while others say that it can take your energy away. Who knows! I guess I will have to experience what effects has on me

• Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 9:50 AM, Lairg said:

"The moon is far older than previously expected. Maybe even older than the Earth or the Sun. The oldest age for the Earth is estimated to be 4.6 billion years old; moon rocks were dated at 5.3 billion years old, and the dust upon which they were resting was at least another billion years older. "

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/luna/esp_luna_16.htm

That  'source'   is fluffy woo-woo  , it  also claims   ;

6. The Obelisks: Lunar Orbiter II took several photographs in November 1966 that showed several obelisks, one of which was more than 150 feet tall.

"...the spires were arranged in precisely the same was as the apices of the three great pyramids."

As well as other RUBBISH !

The above estimates put Moon dust perhaps 2 billion years older than Earth rocks

https://eos.org/articles/earth-rocks-and-moon-rocks-are-more-different-than-we-thought

That link says exactly what I did  ;

" Geochemical analysis of the Apollo lunar samples suggested that our Moon was formed 4.5 billion years ago, when a Mars-sized body known as Theia hit Earth when our planet had almost completely formed. Computer models indicate that in this “big splat,” most of the material that ended up forming the Moon—between 70% and 90% of the satellite’s composition—came from Theia. "

Where is the Moon zooming through space to come to a virtual skidding stop to then make an orbit around Earth - like you claimed .  Did you even read that piece , or just randomly cite it .... hopefully ?

And that link   smacks of the desperate internet searcher that typed in ' the Moon is older than the earth '  .  :D  

In case anyone wondered , its some scientists theorising about a giant hot  fiery spinning doughnut  that the Earth and Moon formed out of (which is actually an OLDER theory , before all the recent research came out  )

Here is the cracker :  he states that although this  'synestia' separation happened  4,500,000,000  years ago  :  " the Moon emerging from the synestia in a few decades and the Earth coming into existence some 1,000 years later. "  So , in a 4.5 bill year timeframe , the Moon is 1000 years younger ?    :) 

Even if this theory was acceptable it says nothing about your claim of the Moon racing through space and coming to a halt around Earth in an orbit .   Did you even read through THIS link ?

None of your links back up what you say .

• Like 2

On 27/7/2022 at 7:57 PM, Kojiro said:

Do you think that full moon has such an effect on human beings? Do you feel more energetic when you practice (or whatever you do) during full moon?

To answer that:

1. Increased Kidney energy, the true source of Yin & Yang within you and everyone else. Kidney peaks during full moon and couples/mates with the Heart (sun). 

2. Full moon is only an external expression of the Water Force. 

• Like 1

"It is true that scientists have been divided on how the moon formed, with some suggesting its existence defies physics itself.

Many scientists agree the size of the Moon is one of our solar system's biggest anomalies.

Physics has been unable to explain why a planet the size of Earth has a Moon of such a large size in comparison.

Our Moon would be expected to be about 40 miles in diameter, but is closer to 2,000 miles."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/771246/Hollow-Moon-theory-aliens

"Aristotle writes that the Pelasgians lived in the area since very old times; at a time when the moon did not exist.

Apollonios from Rhodes mentions something similar; he talks about a time when not all of the celestial objects existed in the sky; before the time of Deucalion’s and Pyrra’s generation (before the cataclysm); when the moon did not exist and the only humans that existed were the Pelasgians living on the mountains of Arcadia (region in Greece).

These inhabitants of Arcadia where also known as Proselenes (meaning “those that were before moon” in Greek)."

https://anomalien.com/there-was-a-time-when-the-moon-did-not-exist-in-the-sky-according-to-ancient-accounts/

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lairg said:

"It is true that scientists have been divided on how the moon formed, with some suggesting its existence defies physics itself.

Many scientists agree the size of the Moon is one of our solar system's biggest anomalies.

Physics has been unable to explain why a planet the size of Earth has a Moon of such a large size in comparison.

Our Moon would be expected to be about 40 miles in diameter, but is closer to 2,000 miles."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/771246/Hollow-Moon-theory-aliens

"Aristotle writes that the Pelasgians lived in the area since very old times; at a time when the moon did not exist.

Apollonios from Rhodes mentions something similar; he talks about a time when not all of the celestial objects existed in the sky; before the time of Deucalion’s and Pyrra’s generation (before the cataclysm); when the moon did not exist and the only humans that existed were the Pelasgians living on the mountains of Arcadia (region in Greece).

These inhabitants of Arcadia where also known as Proselenes (meaning “those that were before moon” in Greek)."

https://anomalien.com/there-was-a-time-when-the-moon-did-not-exist-in-the-sky-according-to-ancient-accounts/

Nice try  .... I mean ,  bad try .

as NONE of that supports your original claim of a Moon racing through space and then coming to some amazing stationary orbit around the Earth .

But do continue  ... its rather amusing   :) 

I especially like the one where the  very existence of the Moon defies physics  ..... 'itself'   .   

I also like the way you support those ideas with links about 'hollow moon theory / aliens ' .

And supporting info from mythology as well    :)     Down here , they say there is a man in the Moon that will come down here and bash with his club , if you stare at him  long enough .

ALL ABOARD  ! 

image.png.12533c1fcf29291d891edbe0faf0785a.png

... however , I am prepared to look at the possibility that the Moon is somehow associated with fantasy and delusion

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Oh sorry .  I thought  you where an adult  ! 

60113710-side-view-of-handsome-young-dad

"  No son .... there is no 'Santa Claus' ,

I actually bought you those presents . "

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

To answer that:

1. Increased Kidney energy, the true source of Yin & Yang within you and everyone else. Kidney peaks during full moon and couples/mates with the Heart (sun). 

2. Full moon is only an external expression of the Water Force. 

If full moon gives you increased kidney energy, my guess is that you detox more on these days. So in order to plan a fast it can mean more detox and more benefits. I wonder if new moon also has these effects

The Moon and the sun do affect our cultivation . Practice during the period of   3 am ~ 5 am (some hours in a day ) before dawn does give most people the strongest feeling of qi ; full moon ( days in a month )  also help our practice in certain time of  a month .  How  about minutes, say  a  time of five minutes ?  Capable of sustaining  an emptied , consolidated  5-minute state of mindlessness ( Samadhi )  ,  not a dull ,  enforced one ,  will tell you  how significant  a persistent intuition can be . After having it tasted , you are no longer  perplexed by many explications in the sutras or  Taoist Canons . How about  time of a second ?  Do you ever think of the reason  why Zen must be something of an  abrupt enlightenment (' 頓悟 ' )  ,  not a gradual one ?  In Taoism , it is also said that   " a  shift of the mind can be the open of the Magic Gateway "  ( ' 念頭動處是玄關 ' )  ; it tells , maybe just  a turn , less than one second , then   you are in an extra-dimension of your life .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1