Kojiro

The effects of full moon on your practice and energy levels

This coming full Moon is ' The Hunter's Moon ' .   What;'s going on with that ?   It's more of a physical thting than any mystical or 'energetic thing ' ( although it may have cross over effects into those areas .

For obscure astronomical mathematical  reasons that I cant bother to nut out  .... we will have 'more full Moon light at night ' over this three day full Moon period .  I had to word that carefully , here is what happens ;

Most of the time, the Moon rises around 2 hrs later each night , so on your regular Full Moon , the first night , the Moon comes up some time around sunset  ( depending on locality ) ,  the next night , 2 hrs later  ( so you have 'missed' 2 hours of night time full Moon , as the Moon will be in the sky (just ) for the same length of time , but it will be  after dawn .  The next night, another 2 hours later , so thats 4 hours short of the first night , and so on .

But on the Hunter's Moon , the Moon comes up only 1 hr later each night , giving a three day cycle with the full moon out at night , for a  longer time .  Hence, the benefit for hunters .  It  also  might appear more 'red' than usual .

be careful not to get Moonburn    :) 

[ I have noticed this when putting on night events  , festivals, etc . they are best timed before the full Moon , so when it gets dark the Moon is already up ( especially if you have a higher eastern horizon  eg . the case with our festival site , its next to the river, so in a valley with hills  to the east)  , you tend not to need the Moon light during the early morning hours as most are  asleep ( usually ) .  Timed right , you can have 3 or 4 nights of  pretty good, near full Moon illumination . ]

image.png.164ec08aa7e727c46678ef7df84857f9.png

I can feel already the strong effect of the first quarter...imagine the full one!

In any case moving towards to full moon is more invigorating for me than during the 3-day period it lasts.

With this current drough conditions on the Eastern coast of Australia, the Moon will indeed look like Mars. :)