Mentalground,

I'm sorry I didn't read this before I attended, I missed meeting you! But it was very fun. Cam is here right now hanging out in Degoba. When I have some time to digest and post, I'll type up my report!

Yoda

Mentalground,

I'm sorry I didn't read this before I attended, I missed meeting you! But it was very fun. Cam is here right now hanging out in Degoba. When I have some time to digest and post, I'll type up my report!

Yoda

as i said, i tend to be reticent when meeting people for the first time. i did get to meet augustLeo and his lovely wife. unfortunately i couldn't make sunday, so i'm sure i missed out on some good times. i'll be waiting for your report yoda!

Hey Gloria,

It was great to meet you! Yeah I had to rush out to make it to Cleveland before too late, so as soon as the red dragon thing was over I rushed out of there.

Haha...that's funny about his crew beeping him out. Interesting thought about that coyote thing, how maybe you are thinking he just says stuff to make you find your own truth. Could be true!

Yeah, I have actually found some truth from practicing kunlun that I thought was fantastical. The energy moves me a lot now! Much more than at the seminar. Before I was thinking it may have just been the legs getting tired, but now I'm amazed that I'm actually experiencing an energy and it truly seems to be awakening my body's potential!

So the 5 Elements story is something close to:

Wood burns in the

Fire creating ash which goes into the

Earth which creates

Metal (I forgot how this one connects)

Water

I don't think it's all that necessary to pm that info, since it's not giving anything away. :)

dear all,

this weekend was for sure worth the travel from europe. it was definetely fun ... :D i could bet that i never laughed so much!!!

i really enjoyed meeting many taobums in real! of course i will never forget sleeping in the same room with the famous taobums yoda and cameron ;) and even in the same bed with the mighty yoda ... :D please never tell my girlfriend!!!!!!!!!! thanks a lot it was really a great experience to meet you guys.

very good people you are with the heart on the right place! also i was happy and inspired to meet august leo and his wonderful wife and all the other bums. it is good to get out of that cyperspace and meet in real.

also thanks a lot to max for putting all the extra effort in us! it really opened some new doors for me! in many ways. he really shares a lot of great knowlegde so openly and you can feel his big experience in working with people.

love and laughter,

jan.

Edited by jan1107

Hey Gloria,

It was great to meet you! Yeah I had to rush out to make it to Cleveland before too late, so as soon as the red dragon thing was over I rushed out of there.

Haha...that's funny about his crew beeping him out. Interesting thought about that coyote thing, how maybe you are thinking he just says stuff to make you find your own truth. Could be true!

Yeah, I have actually found some truth from practicing kunlun that I thought was fantastical. The energy moves me a lot now! Much more than at the seminar. Before I was thinking it may have just been the legs getting tired, but now I'm amazed that I'm actually experiencing an energy and it truly seems to be awakening my body's potential!

So the 5 Elements story is something close to:

Wood burns in the

Fire creating ash which goes into the

Earth which creates

Metal (I forgot how this one connects)

Water

I don't think it's all that necessary to pm that info, since it's not giving anything away. :)

Metal is tonified by Water.

The five elements in the order mentioned is the cycle of creation

wood - liver, gall bladder

fire - heart, small intestine

earth - stomach, spleen

metal - lungs, large intestine

water - kidneys, bladder

The theory is in TCM when diagnosing and healing patients with accupuncture, herbs etc.

Then there's the destructive cycle

Wood penetrates the earth

Earth blocks water

Water extinguishes fire

Fire destroys metal

Metal penetrates wood

Also used in medicine for diagnosing problems. The destructive cycle is also used for causing harm to another

when fighting. Tian hsueh, dim mak or the death touch uses it for hitting points on the body.

FWIW

John

Oh yeah, I forgot. I wanted to write down the different times Max mentioned about practicing and there associated benefits. Could someone who wrote them down post them or pm them to me? Thanks.

Edited by yatzhong

5-7am healing

1-3pm verboten

7-9pm balance

11pm-1am spiritual

3am ;)

I had a great time this weekend...great seeing many of you again, great meeting many of you for the first time! It was like getting together with extended family you havent seen in a while :D Experiences this weekend were so much more robust, it being my second seminar. I guess the biggest thing was that I wasnt 'expecting stuff' this time around, hehe.

Scott, that was max's 'family style' bagua, I dont know that it necessarily was kunlun-related.

5-7am healing

1-3pm verboten

7-9pm balance

11pm-1am spiritual

3am ;)

I had a great time this weekend...great seeing many of you again, great meeting many of you for the first time! It was like getting together with extended family you havent seen in a while :D Experiences this weekend were so much more robust, it being my second seminar. I guess the biggest thing was that I wasnt 'expecting stuff' this time around, hehe.

Scott, that was max's 'family style' bagua, I dont know that it necessarily was kunlun-related.

Thanks Dan.

5-7am healing

1-3pm verboten

7-9pm balance

11pm-1am spiritual

3am ;)

How does that work with British summertime/daylight saving/whatever? You add one hour to these times?

Hey everyone,

I was at the NJ seminar too, but, unfortunately, I didn't meet many of you. I'm sure you saw me, I was the Indian 18 year old. Im kind of a shy person, and so I didn't meet all of you. I know this sounds really stupid, but I really did want to meet you people, I just kind of got nervous and didn't have the nerve to introduce myself. This is nothing against all of you, it's more me. Right now, I feel like a total @$$hole because i missed out on a chance to meet a bunch of great people. Also, the fact that I sat at the other end of the room probably didn't help. Also, I didn't stay in the hotel because I have finals this week and was sort of in a time crunch. I got to meet Yoda, who was really cool, Cameron, and probably other Tao Bums that I didn't realize that were Tao Bums.

Anyway, now that I'm done moping :D , I 'd like to say that it was an awesome seminar. I had a blast. Even though I didn't get the Kunlun to start, I still had a whole lot of fun. Looking forward to practicing more. If I ever meet any Tao Bums at any more seminars, I promise to introduce myself. Man, I still feel angry at myself...which probably isn't a good thing... oh well :D

Seekeroftruth,

I'm glad I met you and you were able to make it for the weekend! I really didn't get the Kunlun sparked up much at my first workshop, but after a week or so of at home practice, I got it rolling fine. Like the book says, just hold the position for a bit and then start moving rhythmically a bit to help get the ball rolling. It's a great study break, btw.

Your pal,

Yoda

The woman who came from Japan for the workshop. I forget her name, but she said that she'd recruit us some Japanese taobums!!! I hope it happens. It doesn't seem like we have many members from that neck of the woods. I'm glad she had fun and was able to hang out with us.

Thanks for the support Yoda and August Leo,

Kunlun does make a good study break. I hope I didn't give the impression that all I do is study. I mean I know I'm in college but I do have a life*. Anyway, I'm gonna keep with the Kunlun and hopefully, get the ball rolling (a pun!).

*relatively speaking :D

Thanks to my Dharma Bum friends!

So glad to have run into you, catch onto your energy on Friday evening, even though I was not a bum yet, but i have always been a bum.

Have been Dharma Bum and now..... Tao Bum!

So glad that because of you guys.... i got the extras of time, conversations, knowledge, practices...... from Max.

I have started a group for East Coast members from the weekend class: kunlun

::NAMASTE:::

The highest in me bows to the highest in You!

I honor the place in you

in which the entire Universe dwells,

I honor the place in you

which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace,

When you are in that place in you,

and I am in that place in me,

we are One.

:::NAMASTE:::

Edited by JazZen