PS LATER ADDITION (added on Feb 7 2021 as a NOTE regarding my "test post" below

which proves I can be deceptive; however, I'm not an outright liar.)

I WON'T DELETE my posts in this thread as I have done many times in other threads with topics

I have "moved on" from.

DON'T RESPOND TO THIS THREAD UNTIL you've seen my second post below, in which the

whole truth of the situation is revealed:

MY FAMILY is 3 people -- two mortals, myself and my wife, and one 6800-year-old Liberated Soul

who has the secrecy policy that all the Souls do.

ANOTHER REASON I won't delete anything for now is that the topic of secrecy to me

seems to be more or less taboo, and it pleases me to see ANY discussion of it

Any feedback on this will be appreciated.

My wife and I have someone living with us in our house who will not

reveal his place or country of birth; his accent gives us no clue; his English

is very good so he has had exposure to either good English speakers or has

had a lot of special lessons.

This man has been in our house for about a year, and has helped me a lot.

He has effectively been my guru from the start. However, he has a policy

of secrecy about his background that is quite firm, and he tells me that

everyone where he is from has the same kind of secrecy. It seems he has either:

1) a (irrational) fear that some kind of harm can come about by us knowing

where he's from. I told him I would never be disrespectful or derogatory on

the basis of where he's from; I'm no kind of fool like that. It's just I'm a curious

person and would like to know a few basic details about someone who has been

helping me so much.

2) certain knowledge of some certain disadvantage to him or us if we should know.

Anyway, I decided to challenge the man, saying I question your secrecy regarding

this matter of birthplace. I told him I question everything. Humor is important,

so I spontaneously told him that you think it's none of my business where you

were born; and added (what he already knew) that I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland,

my joke to him being "and that's none of your business." (I consider this to be typical

Scots humor, especially of the nuts ('feel beasts') in my family). It was a ridiculous

statement and my wife and I had a good laugh about it.

There are two types of secrets: good or bad. The commonest type, bad, essentially

result in some kind of harm or abuse to the one the truth is kept from. The rare good

secrets are about things that the person kept in the dark could not possibly properly

understand or deal with constructively.

It seems when hell freezes over he might tell me his country etc. of birth, and I won't

hold my breath about it. But I am insatiably curious and felt he should be challenged

on a policy I don't understand. If the man is not a criminal (and I know he isn't) what

possible harm could come of him being open about said details?

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Luxin
added PS at top

Is this qi gong related or is he some other type of mentor (weight loss, financial)?

I would love to have a mentor that fits your description (helpful, respectful, knowledgeable) live in with me. No questions asked, as long as his past doesn't bring trouble to my house.

The spiritual path gets extremely lonely once you progress beyond the mainstream. I study sidereal astrology (not the western astrology most people are familiar with), as well as bioenergetics (let's just call it nei kung). Like nei kung, the study of astrology is a maze with all types of pitfalls, confusions and things you must know at the outset. If you don't know these things, you cannot achieve much and you won't even know you've stagnated.

For instance, most astrologers don't even use the correct settings (house settings, zodiac settings, and so on). And communication is impossible because most promote their own 'system'.

I say all of that to say this.

There is an entire astrological community out there, but I'm effectively alone. It's like being thirsty while on a raft in the middle of the ocean. So much water, but none of it is drinkable. You are blessed to have a good mentor that can help your development.

• Like 1

In Carlos Castaneda's tradition, erasing your personal history was very important. That involved not revealing the historical details of your life to anybody, and perhaps even forgetting them yourself!
I think that was covered in his third book, Journey to Ixtlan.

Maybe ask your friend about the function of erasing personal history.. 
Who knows, you may take it up as a practice yourself!

@manitou
@Wizz

Edited by cheya
@manitou and Wizz :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cheya said:

In Carlos Castaneda's tradition, erasing your personal history was very important. That involved not revealing the historical details of your life to anybody, and perhaps even forgetting them yourself!
I think that was covered in his third book, Journey to Ixtlan.

Maybe ask your friend about the function of erasing personal history.. 
Who knows, you may take it up as a practice yourself!

@manitou
@Wizz

That's funny.  I never got the message from Castaneda that the personal history was erased.  Instead, I got the message that your personal history must be inspected to look for points in your life that changed you in some big way.  In essence, I saw it as the same thing as doing a personal inventory, much like doing the steps of recovery.

Maybe Luxin's mysterious tenant is a man with a painful past. How did he come to live in your house?

• Like 2

@manitou

Check out Chapter 2 in Journey to Ixtlan. "Erasing Personal History", p 9-17.

This aspect of Don Juan's teaching has always intrigued me.

Perhaps Luxin's boarder follows the Nagual tradition...

Edited by cheya
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Conan said:

Is this qi gong related or is he some other type of mentor (weight loss, financial)?

I would love to have a mentor that fits your description (helpful, respectful, knowledgeable) live in with me. No questions asked, as long as his past doesn't bring trouble to my house.

All of the fruit in this garden is for you  ......  except this one tree    :)  

( thats more directed  @Luxin  )

The spiritual path gets extremely lonely once you progress beyond the mainstream. I study sidereal astrology (not the western astrology most people are familiar with), as well as bioenergetics (let's just call it nei kung). Like nei kung, the study of astrology is a maze with all types of pitfalls, confusions and things you must know at the outset. If you don't know these things, you cannot achieve much and you won't even know you've stagnated.

For instance, most astrologers don't even use the correct settings (house settings, zodiac settings, and so on). And communication is impossible because most promote their own 'system'.

I say all of that to say this.

There is an entire astrological community out there, but I'm effectively alone. It's like being thirsty while on a raft in the middle of the ocean. So much water, but none of it is drinkable. You are blessed to have a good mentor that can help your development.

From one 'rafter' to another ;  

I too have  studied a form of astrology   that is sidereal and mostly unfamilar.   . Especially so considering the south hemisphere and local  indigenous considerations

83b9d1ee018e35ad3a6a74d4c88741e7.png

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

All of the fruit in this garden is for you  ......  except this one tree    :)  

( thats more directed  @Luxin  )

If I were him I would have been like Sun Lutang who basically insisted that the old stranger (Tai Chi master) use his house to recoup. "Please take my house and money" :lol:

From one 'rafter' to another ;  

I too have  studied a form of astrology   that is sidereal and mostly unfamilar.   . Especially so considering the south hemisphere and local  indigenous considerations

Is this form of astrology taught and passed on within a lineage, or something you developed on your own?

83b9d1ee018e35ad3a6a74d4c88741e7.png

Cool B)

Like Cheya I was thinking there are some practices where one leaves the past behind and don't talk about it.  Not that have experience with such. 

On the other hand if he's been living with you, what do his actions tell you?  What's his mood?  His likes, what makes him tick?  And basically, do you trust him and how far does the trust go?

If you have a worry, a gut feeling, it's not a bad idea to honor it.  You don't have to do anything drastic, perhaps have a conversation on his plans.  

On 02/02/2021 at 1:14 PM, Conan said:

If I were him I would have been like Sun Lutang who basically insisted that the old stranger (Tai Chi master) use his house to recoup. "Please take my house and money" :lol:

Is this form of astrology taught and passed on within a lineage, or something you developed on your own?

Cool B)

A bit of  both - two types . 

On the indigenous  level its a type of  'cosmic star lore '  for teaching and personal  development and a type of 'seasonal astrology'  for agriculture, gardening, hunting and gathering .   They are collated from various sources so its not via a lineage .

Its western equivalent of the cosmic star lore type ,  in our  group that  practised it,   is more like a 'Stella Yoga '  for personal development   .... this had a more 'mundane counterpart' in the process of  being able to draw up and understand your own chart ; that was via a group member astrologer doing an ongoing weekly workshop on reading your own chart.   The Stella Yoga work and the  group we where in  was to do with a lineage ;  you  could  work it out from material in the public domain, but it might be near impossible to comprehend it or do the associated assumed stuff that goes with it , if you where outside that 'lineage '

I hope this makes some sense  ?    See the problems one  runs into when secrecy is involved   ;) 

With the 'seasonal astrology ' here it is a blend ;  the indigenous local weather cycles   ( of course ,  one must use local forces and elements in the local environment  :)   eg,  not here , but up north there are 6 seasons  , we dont really have the  trad Euro  4 seasons  and neither did the Aboriginals , of course )  that modifies the principles of hermetic western agriculture  ( the shortest way to explain that is , its like biodynamic gardening / agriculture  ... but different .

• Like 1

I admit it is unimportant to know his birthplace. He's no doubt like me; I say "I'm a child of the Universe" to myself mostly, and feel uncomfortable when anyone asks me where I'm from, and try not to say. Thanks for your responses.

I didn't tell the whole truth ... the person living with us (with my wife) is a 6800-year-old Soul, as I talk about in my last piece, "My life with a 6800-year-old soul" in my PPD. The essential thing about us all, immortal or mortal (but always with a soul) is that that soul exists -- it doesn't matter where it came into being.

• Like 1

In terms of Secrecy and erasing personal history from Carlos Casteneda teachings I now view this from the teachings of the Oneness movement avatar, Sri Amma Bhagavan. He states that when one reaches a certain level of Awakening, your ego is pushed to the side and you are no longer the sum total of your experiences and past associations that the mind filters everything from. Instead, you are now just consciousness without the ego. From my own experience with this I would say one has to have been in this state of no ego in order to understand what this means. We cannot erase our personal history by some mental method or try to do it. Happens on its own as a result of being in a state of higher consciousness. Things like this are explained in detail each Sunday during the question and answer session from Eric Isen on Livestream. 

The opinions and assumptions others have about us tend to create a box for us to live in.  Castaneda's recommendation that we not tell people our history helps us escape at least one aspect of being trapped in a box. Our own thoughts about ourselves is obviously another box, lol. But dropping that will be easier if expectations and pressures from others diminish.

• Like 4

That's what I like about travel.  Living life day to day one is moving thru ruts made by the roles we have.  In travel, particularly solo you can drop all that and just be.

• Like 2

On 2021. 02. 05. at 8:22 PM, tao stillness said:

In terms of Secrecy and erasing personal history from Carlos Casteneda teachings I now view this from the teachings of the Oneness movement avatar, Sri Amma Bhagavan. He states that when one reaches a certain level of Awakening, your ego is pushed to the side and you are no longer the sum total of your experiences and past associations that the mind filters everything from. Instead, you are now just consciousness without the ego. From my own experience with this I would say one has to have been in this state of no ego in order to understand what this means. We cannot erase our personal history by some mental method or try to do it. Happens on its own as a result of being in a state of higher consciousness. Things like this are explained in detail each Sunday during the question and answer session from Eric Isen on Livestream. 

I cannot believe this for several reasons.

1 hour ago, centertime said:

I cannot believe this for several reasons.

I don't either, but I can respect it, if others believe it.

Remembering your past is remembering among other things, your mistakes.  Important lessons.  CC may have ended in a bad place, taking some people with him because of that.  

On 2/1/2021 at 5:16 AM, Luxin said:

Any feedback on this will be appreciated.

My wife and I have someone living with us in our house who will not

reveal his place or country of birth; his accent gives us no clue; his English

is very good so he has had exposure to either good English speakers or has

had a lot of special lessons.

This man has been in our house for about a year, and has helped me a lot.

He has effectively been my guru from the start. However, he has a policy

of secrecy about his background that is quite firm, and he tells me that

everyone where he is from has the same kind of secrecy. It seems he has either:

1) a (irrational) fear that some kind of harm can come about by us knowing

where he's from. I told him I would never be disrespectful or derogatory on

the basis of where he's from; I'm no kind of fool like that. It's just I'm a curious

person and would like to know a few basic details about someone who has been

helping me so much.

2) certain knowledge of some certain disadvantage to him or us if we should know.

Anyway, I decided to challenge the man, saying I question your secrecy regarding

this matter of birthplace. I told him I question everything. Humor is important,

so I spontaneously told him that you think it's none of my business where you

were born; and added (what he already knew) that I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland,

my joke to him being "and that's none of your business." (I consider this to be typical

Scots humor, especially of the nuts ('feel beasts') in my family). It was a ridiculous

statement and my wife and I had a good laugh about it.

There are two types of secrets: good or bad. The commonest type, bad, essentially

result in some kind of harm or abuse to the one the truth is kept from. The rare good

secrets are about things that the person kept in the dark could not possibly properly

understand or deal with constructively.

It seems when hell freezes over he might tell me his country etc. of birth, and I won't

hold my breath about it. But I am insatiably curious and felt he should be challenged

on a policy I don't understand. If the man is not a criminal (and I know he isn't) what

possible harm could come of him being open about said details?

Thanks for listening.

This sounds like absolute insanity. There is a stranger living in your house with you and your wife I assume no kids. How does this person help? rent money, cook, clean, buy groceries. If it is non material help that is a major red flag and you are being deceived at your loss and his gain. Basically being played.

How in the world does your wife feel about this situation. There is not a woman alive that I know that would not drill for information relentlessly and never let it go until questions are answered.

Secrets are the downfall of all relationships. Hiding is deceit. These traits in particular makes this person less then worthy to ever get close to the great teaching and someone that should never be taught.

Please correct me if I am wrong and if there still remains "hidden" information about this situation.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen

9 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

This sounds like absolute insanity. There is a stranger living in your house with you and your wife I assume no kids. How does this person help? rent money, cook, clean, buy groceries. If it is non material help that is a major red flag and you are being deceived at your loss and his gain. Basically being played.

How in the world does your wife feel about this situation. There is not a woman alive that I know that would not drill for information relentlessly and never let it go until questions are answered.

Secrets are the downfall of all relationships. Hiding is deceit. These traits in particular makes this person less then worthy to ever get close to the great teaching and someone that should never be taught.

Please correct me if I am wrong and if there still remains "hidden" information about this situation.

For example, if you work for company.. you better hide if you have a illness.. and people do that.

I think that is what "privacy" about it.. The laws..... the solution for being judged unfarily... a solution against bias.

Even without that... one may be judged for thousand things one would not believe one would be judged for.

Well, I can think of good reasons of hiding things.. 

Let us suppose he was a criminal... but he changed his ways. He believes it..but people have prejudice.

There was an episode about this in Babylon V.

So he wants to help and he does not want to be judged.

I heard former convicts hide things from people, from their family, employers who knows .

It is enough if someone steals from you... you may end up judged for it.

Or he is smart enough to know you  that he would tell you things he would be judged for it unfairly.

Or maybe fairly.. there are so many possibilities.

Here is another example.

You assume people do the right thing. Not necessarily.

You assume people interpret what is being told at their face value.

You assume people can be trusted.

You assume people are perfect.

Let us suppose someone escapes from North Korea. You do not tell everybody because it is assumed that you are dead.

You do not tell your benefactors.. because they may release these information to others.. and your family can be in dangers.. Those who remained there,

So there can be many scenarios... Some will show him in a  favourable light, some will not.

Edited by centertime

8 hours ago, centertime said:

For example, if you work for company.. you better hide if you have a illness.. and people do that.

I think that is what "privacy" about it.. The laws..... the solution for being judged unfarily... a solution against bias.

Even without that... one may be judged for thousand things one would not believe one would be judged for.

Well, I can think of good reasons of hiding things.. 

Let us suppose he was a criminal... but he changed his ways. He believes it..but people have prejudice.

There was an episode about this in Babylon V.

So he wants to help and he does not want to be judged.

I heard former convicts hide things from people, from their family, employers who knows .

It is enough if someone steals from you... you may end up judged for it.

Or he is smart enough to know you  that he would tell you things he would be judged for it unfairly.

Or maybe fairly.. there are so many possibilities.

Here is another example.

You assume people do the right thing. Not necessarily.

You assume people interpret what is being told at their face value.

You assume people can be trusted.

You assume people are perfect.

Let us suppose someone escapes from North Korea. You do not tell everybody because it is assumed that you are dead.

You do not tell your benefactors.. because they may release these information to others.. and your family can be in dangers.. Those who remained there,

So there can be many scenarios... Some will show him in a  favourable light, some will not.

I am interested in luxin's take on his  situation. I am not debating about what others think or when something is good or bad. I would like to hear his thoughts. I am actually concerned for him and I am hoping he can take that concern away.

Wow I just read the disclaimer in the fist post of luxin. My concern is definitely gone because if anyone has a 6800 year old soul so does everyone else. I was stupid to fall for the TRAP.

On 2/1/2021 at 9:30 AM, cheya said:

@manitou

Check out Chapter 2 in Journey to Ixtlan. "Erasing Personal History", p 9-17.

This aspect of Don Juan's teaching has always intrigued me.

Perhaps Luxin's boarder follows the Nagual tradition...

HI Cheya - I grabbed the book off the shelf and I do see what you're talking about.  I see it in this way -

The way to get rid of personal history so that the dynamics of the past don't affect your present and future - is to walk through the incidents within our personal history, admit where we went wrong if we did.  By doing that, it removes the powering dynamic which causes us to react in a certain way.  I don't remember exactly where in the series Don Juan has Carlos go back and carefully go through his personal history, looking for specific things that may have started a tendency.  When Don Juan tells Carlos it is advisable to remove personal history, he's not just telling him to 'forget it.'  There would be nothing gained by doing that - the offending dynamics would still be there.

I don't know why Castaneda didn't go more into the inspection of his personal history at Don Juan's request. I wish he had.  This process was mentioned early on in the series, but he never really returned to it.  I get the impression that this process took place over years (as it does when anybody does it fully) - the dynamics get removed when we take measures to remove them, to lose their potency.

As in the case of recovering ones from an addiction, the recovering one looks for incidents in his past where pivotal things may have happened; or where the recovering one screwed someone over badly, stuff like that.  Then the hard part, making the apology and owning up to it.  This slight moment of emotional pain (apologizing to someone that was the target of our unkindness or thoughtlessness in the past) is the very thing that brings the awareness to change the dynamic when it pops up.

One of his paragraphs on page 17 -

"You see, we only have two alternatives; we either take everything for sure and real, or we don't.  If we follow the first, we end up bored to death with ourselves and with the world.  If we follow the second and erase personal history, we create a fog around us, a very exciting and mysterious state in which nobody knows where the rabbit will pop out, not even ourselves."

What he's talking about here is developing the Beginner's Mind.  He has instructed Carlos to cultivate one by examining his past (earlier in the series).  What results is this 'foggy' mind where reactions are done out of clarity because there are no negative dynamics left to sit inside the chest as 'buttons' from childhood that anybody can push at any time.  The buttons must be eliminated for a full range of reaction or decision.

It's kind of like magic.

Edited by manitou
Does it matter?
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Wow I just read the disclaimer in the fist post of luxin. My concern is definitely gone because if anyone has a 6800 year old soul so does everyone else. I was stupid to fall for the TRAP.

This  revelation changes everything ; as well as making us realised we wasted our time offering any advise too a deceptively outlined scenario, it actually explains the reason for this 'secrecy of origins' .

That is ,   ' it '  (  the 'liberated soul' / 'family member ' )   CAN NOT  give an origin, place or country of birth  and any questions about that will be diverted , excused , manipulated and go unanswered because they can not be answered . 

I dont know how many times I have explained this on daobums - its usually to someone playing with stuff they dont understand , or just somehow become placed in the situation . It usually happens to those with no experience , background or proper study of the subject but with a smattering of New Age 'fiddlin'  .

Magick 101 ;  When invoking  or encountering a spirit - test it . The very basic first test is to get a name . if it claims human identity, or any type of 'past' , question it on that identity and past .  A 'lower order' spirit  will not be able to answer these questions .  It might have some good advise in some areas and seek to gain favour  with you . But it is not what it it is trying to make out it is or what it is tying to get you to believe .

Oh sure , the response will be 'its not like that ! '   - dont know how many times I have heard this .

Its also been observed in clinical situations ;

"They  never have a personal identity though they accept most names or identities given them. They either conceal or have no awareness of personal memories. Though they claim to be separate identities they will reveal no detail that might help to trace them as separate individuals . "

p 6 .    https://selfdefinition.org/hearing-voices/Wilson-Van-Dusen-The-Presence-of-Spirits-in-Madness.pdf

'lesser order' goes from real nasty buggers up to , well , ourselves .    It seems this one is fairly mediocre and perhaps relatively harmless .  Maybe ?   But deceptive ... like our poster here .

I won't write more on this here ,  because , now , trust issue  - I might come back tomorrow and find a new edit  ....

" No it isnt  ... he is actually  my Uncle Joe from Albuquerque  .  "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Its also been observed in clinical situations ;

"They  never have a personal identity though they accept most names or identities given them. They either conceal or have no awareness of personal memories. Though they claim to be separate identities they will reveal no detail that might help to trace them as separate individuals . "

p 6 .    https://selfdefinition.org/hearing-voices/Wilson-Van-Dusen-The-Presence-of-Spirits-in-Madness.pdf

Nice quote. Will check out the PDF.

Before you wrote this, I was thinking more along the lines of a daemon. But it seems to be extremely rare for someone to have a daemon that communicates more overtly than what the recipient would interpret as intuition or inner voice.

One tradition of Greek thought, which found agreement in the mind of Plato, was of a daimon which existed within a person from their birth, and that each individual was obtained by a singular daimon prior to their birth by way of lot.[6]

In Plato's Apology of Socrates, Socrates claimed to have a daimonion (literally, a "divine something")[15] that frequently warned him—in the form of a "voice"—against mistakes but never told him what to do.

A special knowledge of daimones is claimed by Pythagoreans, whereas for Plato, daimon is a spiritual being who watches over each individual, and is tantamount to a higher self, or an angel.

2 hours ago, Conan said:

Nice quote. Will check out the PDF.

Before you wrote this, I was thinking more along the lines of a daemon. But it seems to be extremely rare for someone to have a daemon that communicates more overtly than what the recipient would interpret as intuition or inner voice.

It is rare , considering the number of people swarming over the planet  today .   But not too rare when  we  look at  case studies .   Jung seems to have thought Philamon more than  intuition or inner voice , same as Blavatsky and 'King John' .

Again, quoting from that article ;  " For most individuals the hallucinations came on suddenly. One woman was working in a garden when an unseen man addressed her. ..... All patients describe voices as having the quality of a real voice, sometimes louder, sometimes softer, than normal voices. The experience they describe is quite unlike thoughts or fantasies. When things are seen they appear fully real. For instance a patient described being awakened one night by Air Force officers calling him to the service of his country. He got up and was dressing when he noticed their insignia wasn't quite right; then their faces altered. With this he knew they were of The Other Order and struck one hard in the fce.He hit the wall and injured his hand. He could not distinguish them from reality until he noticed the insignia. Most patients soon realize that they are having experiences that others do not share,and for this reason learn to keep quiet about them. "

Regarding your quotes ;   The ancients  , in some cases, seem to have lumped all the levels of different 'orders' together , hence the apparent discrepancies in descriptions.  It was not until the  Hellenistic Greeks that the idea of 'good and bad ' ones  was considered .

Of course, its all a lot more complex than what we can discuss here  (in a topic about secrecy ;)   ) - I have extensive posts on DBs  elsewhere   about the issue  and related subjects.

Edited by Nungali

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Again, quoting from that article ; 

" For most individuals the hallucinations came on suddenly. One woman was working in a garden when an unseen man addressed her. ..... All patients describe voices as having the quality of a real voice, sometimes louder, sometimes softer, than normal voices. The experience they describe is quite unlike thoughts or fantasies. When things are seen they appear fully real. For instance a patient described being awakened one night by Air Force officers calling him to the service of his country. He got up and was dressing when he noticed their insignia wasn't quite right; then their faces altered. With this he knew they were of The Other Order and struck one hard in the fce.He hit the wall and injured his hand. He could not distinguish them from reality until he noticed the insignia. Most patients soon realize that they are having experiences that others do not share,and for this reason learn to keep quiet about them. "

Let me clarify (I think I didn’t explain myself well enough).

After the OP changed his story, I realized this had nothing to do with a qi gong master in need of temporary shelter. Based on the fact that he said the 6800 year soul, is his wife’s soul, I assumed that he was talking about his wife’s ‘daemon’.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:04 AM, Luxin said:

A 6800-year-old Soul I call Father lives with my wife; he is

my wife's Soul.

This is what I wrote to him in the other thread:

On 2/5/2021 at 9:02 PM, Conan said:

I came here at your suggestion in the other thread. So, if I'm reading you correctly, this man shares a body with your wife? He is not actually a third physical member of your household?

This story is not that weird to me. I've read similar stories. One story involved a man who was  shepherded through life by suggestions, teachings and answers (to questions) that came to him through internal dialogue. It started when he was a child and stayed with him throughout life.

Joan of Arc was supposedly guided with military instructions from within and was successful on the battlefield during her short run. The Greeks had a concept called the Daemon, and you've already alluded to the ancient Egyptian version of the concept.

But then I read your take on the situation (along with your excellent PDF), and I thought you could be correct. Daemons of the type of Joan of Arc and Plato seem to not make themselves known to other people. Plato is recorded as staring into space like an epileptic when in conversation with his daemon (others were not privy to the conversation). They seem to be a part of the system of the person they’re inhabiting, much like the Chinese hun and po souls (which have functions in the body). But the ‘soul’ that the OP is talking about, is very different. He says it’s communicating with him, at his request. And he describes it as if it were a third member of their household. This makes me think it’s not a daemon and that maybe your guess is better than mine.

Although at this point, I’m reluctant to speculate any further on this situation. The story seems unnecessarily cryptic to me. And the OP does not seem to respond to requests for clarification other than generic edits and references to older posts.

Edited by Conan
  • Like 1