A thread devoted to all things cannabis.

Not everyone’s cup of tea, perhaps, but a rich and varied topic nonetheless.

DE71E435-BBD3-433C-A63D-7FFF6C55AA15.jpeg.8870f409db8e1421e13a354bd4b74d16.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, steve said:

What I find fascinating is that Cannabis began it's evolution on the Tibetan Plateau approximately 28 million years ago.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, steve said:

That is some fine looking weed! What strain is it? 

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

Budding Daoists. Bums be theyselves!

An apocryphal anecdote from a former member:

On 12/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, Starjumper said:

I don't smoke pot much any more either, but the miracle youth drug from China was/is the preferred plant medicine for the Taoist Shamans of old.  In fact, the oldest known writing in the world is from a Chinese Shaman, from around 7000BC (or 7000 years ago), which was titled "Ode to the Green Bud'.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, virtue said:

Budding Daoists. Bums be theyselves!

An apocryphal anecdote from a former member:

On 12/17/2019 at 6:13 AM, Starjumper said:

"I don't smoke pot much any more either, but the miracle youth drug from China was/is the preferred plant medicine for the Taoist Shamans of old.  In fact, the oldest known writing in the world is from a Chinese Shaman, from around 7000BC (or 7000 years ago), which was titled "Ode to the Green Bud."

Starjumper and I have shared history in Seattle.

I am much more interested, in your experiences and ideas on the subject of this thread.                                               

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moment said:

That is some fine looking weed! What strain is it? 

It's Kali Mist, the Primordial seed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mark said:

It's Kali Mist, the Primordial seed

Actually it is said to be Black Russian, a cross between White Russian and Black Domina strains. I was going to post a photo of Kali Mist, in fact, but I thought this more seductive.

😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steve said:

Actually it is said to be Black Russian, a cross between White Russian and Black Domina strains. I was going to post a photo of Kali Mist, in fact, but I thought this more seductive.

😁

black-russian_5.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Wuschel said:

The quote is from?

Edited by ralis

45 minutes ago, Wuschel said:

Can't tell if these are your personal feelings or a quote from someone else.

Like many things, it has positives and negatives for me.

The comments about a trickster or evil spirit which take the form of the soul can be a good description of its psychological and emotional effects on some. It can really take over one's life and desires, like the mythical lotus eaters.

For me, not only does it not mimic meditation but it interferes with meditation significantly if used more than occasionally.

It also changes my sleep and dream life profoundly. 

It can be an effective sleeping aid but has a negative effective on REM sleep and dream and does not provide as restful an experience as natural sleep. 

While I have always been an advocate for its decriminalization and normalization, I also feel it important to acknowledge the negative impact it can have on many, especially the very young.

• Like 4

The Mysterious Border

Ah, check the center of the clock guys. Think 'glue'

A Stitch In Time Saves Nine

I'm thinking of growing some mushrooms(B+).  Matter of fact I have some supplies coming to me.  If this thread is inclusive enough, anyone have advice?

• Like 2

Yes!

Mushrooms are in abundance here (psychoactive ones , if thats what you mean )  Gold Tops and Blue Meanies.  So much so that  a local farmer slashes them in his paddock to discourage trespassers .  I have seen a field looking more grey/white than green due to the number of them .

I could say so much about this , but briefly;

Its very hard to access dosage , sometimes a small nibble can be v.powerful or you might need 3 or 4 . 

They can send some people nuts , I know I seen it !  Some areas of high growth around  this area ( central north  coast NSW) have many  spun out mushroomers.

Always have a period of straightness, clearing out and   accessing after a sroom trip , dont keep taking them .

You need a good relationship with the  'spirit'  .

All mushrooms are at east slightly toxic , they can effect your liver.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

I'm thinking of growing some mushrooms(B+).  Matter of fact I have some supplies coming to me.  If this thread is inclusive enough, anyone have advice?

I’m open to an open thread.

Don’t know your feelings about plant spirits and the like, but I would cultivate respect and a deep sense of asking for guidance and healing in addition to the mushroom itself. It will reveal far more if we’re in the right relationship, IME.

• Like 3

Fav strain;   ' G.I. Lime '

here is a 'Daquari Lime' ;

460-auto-daiquiri-lime.jpg

'GI Lime' smells exactly like the old dark green GI LIme cordial .

Its light , trippy , invigorating, inspiring ,  good for inspiration and creativity , non harsh  and delightfully aromatic .

We never get stuff like this here   (is this real colouring ? )

colorful-weed-strains-brighten-your-day-

tumblr_lw9yg0kBUm1r389ozo1_500.png

:blink:

• Like 2

Amanita muscaria grows in the mountains around here. Early in the fall is when I see them when a lot of people are harvesting them. I advise caution since this particular species effects the lungs and heart!! A very intense trip. 

51E14D4B-909E-423E-9037-B1804F78E382.jpeg

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Fav strain;   ' G.I. Lime '

here is a 'Daquari Lime' ;

460-auto-daiquiri-lime.jpg

'GI Lime' smells exactly like the old dark green GI LIme cordial .

Its light , trippy , invigorating, inspiring ,  good for inspiration and creativity , non harsh  and delightfully aromatic .

We never get stuff like this here   (is this real colouring ? )

colorful-weed-strains-brighten-your-day-

tumblr_lw9yg0kBUm1r389ozo1_500.png

:blink:

Cannabis flowers are unusual in the plant world, but the colors in those photos look unusual to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Are you experienced with psilocybin? 

32 minutes ago, steve said:

I’m open to an open thread.

Don’t know your feelings about plant spirits and the like, but I would cultivate respect and a deep sense of asking for guidance and healing in addition to the mushroom itself. It will reveal far more if we’re in the right relationship, IME.

may as well intermix it.  I think you and Nungali are exactly right.  It should be viewed and respected in a religious sense, strange as that sounds.  Religious as in the prepare yourself, quiet mind & body, focus within and on as aspect of the positive & holy.   If you can't get to place of peace and serenity then don't go there.  I expect there's a couple of vitamins and mineral, kinds of things to take before the shroom to ease the trip. 

Good or bad, don't go there often.  Physically you're developing tolerance, spiritually you're abusing a spiritual method for kicks.  Course I'm writing like I have experience, which I don't, other then what I've read.  The hope is warmth in my stomach and the ecstatic, mystic sense of Oneness..  Or throwing up, paranoia and sense I've made a mistake.   For me, at this point in my life, its worth rolling the dice. 

There may be bad karma with purchasing drugs.  Bad things are happening in other countries because of US hunger for them.  Maybe growing my own side steps that.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ralis said:

Are you experienced with psilocybin? 

No, though strangely an older member and I purchased some dried Amanita muscaria, when it was still available on the net.  And like some other things I've tried at Burning Man they didn't have much affect.   Other then wives throwing out our 'stash'. 

Which could be the end result of my present endeavour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thelerner said:

may as well intermix it.  I think you and Nungali are exactly right.  It should be viewed and respected in a religious sense, strange as that sounds.  Religious as in the prepare yourself, quiet mind & body, focus within and on as aspect of the positive & holy.   If you can't get to place of peace and serenity then don't go there.  I expect there's a couple of vitamins and mineral, kinds of things to take before the shroom to ease the trip. 

Good or bad, don't go there often.  Physically you're developing tolerance, spiritually you're abusing a spiritual method for kicks.  Course I'm writing like I have experience, which I don't, other then what I've read.  The hope is warmth in my stomach and the ecstatic, mystic sense of Oneness..  Or throwing up, paranoia and sense I've made a mistake.   For me, at this point in my life, its worth rolling the dice. 

There may be bad karma with purchasing drugs.  Bad things are happening in other countries because of US hunger for them.  Maybe growing my own side steps that.  

With psilocybin it is best to start slowly with just enough to color up your world. Then you can see what is best for dosage. 

Terrance McKenna recommended 7 dried grams which he said would flatten any ego. I would take that seriously. 

• Like 3