Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Bill Maher is right- The wet markets plus the Wuhan lab

2 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Li Hongzhi's UFO cult said it, so it must be true!

ccp troll, it has nothing to do with the UFO cult you talk about.

These are just facts regarding the nature of these labs.

2 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

LOL LOL

I was right you're clearly a ccp troll ! :lol:

The sad thing is that he probably doesn't even receive a dime from them (not that that would make it okay, what he's doing).

He's just fulfilling emotional needs from childhood.

A sick Chinese-American version of a holocaust denier.

Shilling for the CCP, religiously, on a site devoted to discussion of a tradition,

That has bled, literally, at the hands of the CCP.

Foul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Neither the pangolins nor bats are confirmed as sold at the Wuhan wet markets, which are now re-opened... so whatever they are trying to do with wildlife bans doesn't seem to move the needle towards understanding the origin of the virus. 

Instead, what is spread is that the US Army made the virus and brought it to the 2019 World Military Games in Wuhan. 

And don't forget, that "theory" came after they said the market was the origin. :lol:

2 minutes ago, KuroShiro said:

ccp troll, it has nothing to do with the UFO cult you talk about.

These are just facts regarding the nature of these labs.

Man they pay me 50 cents a post doing this, it adds up. Meanwhile God Emperor Li Hongzhi pays you his "volunteers" nothing to share crappy Epoch Times videos. Suckers!

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

The sad thing is that he probably doesn't even receive a dime from them (not that that would make it okay, what he's doing).

He's just fulfilling emotional needs from childhood.

A sick Chinese-American version of a holocaust denier.

Shilling for the CCP, religiously, on a site devoted to discussion of a tradition,

Foul.

That can also be a possibility... I think you should know Mr. Walker because you lived there.

I've found this documentary very interesting:

6 minutes ago, Walker said:

Foul

Exactly right and that's even one more reason why it should be highlighted.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Any link between dog and cat consumption and COVID-19, or is this just the usual racist garbage?

Here he attempts a ploy:

Connect criticism of all dangerous and unsanitary practices in the PRC with simple reactionary racism against traditional Chinese culinary practices.

He is trying to walk people into a corner and guilt trip them.

He is unaware, either out of simple ignorance or willful ignorance (which are stupidity in either case, since he resists all attempts at education) of the fact that PRC citizens themselves have long been disgusted by the worse-than-Sinclair's-Jungle conditions that have been encouraged to thrive under the extremely corrupt CCP.

How many times, in Beijing, was I warned (always by locals) not to eat mutton kebabs lest I be eating reconstituted sewer rat meat?

How many times, in countryside locations where I spent more than a year of my life, did I see spray painted advertisements offering to buy stray dogs which would be sold, no matter how filthy, into the food market?

How many times did I hear locals tell me they take it for granted that no oil can be bought that can reasonably be expected not to contain sewer oil?

How many times did I see photos and documentary footage--back before Emporito Xixi castrated the already weak news media--of things like filthy plants where rotten and diseased chicken carcasses are washed in bleach and other chemicals to be passed into the human food chain as supposedly edible meat?

How many times was the melamine milk powder scandal brought into conversation by locals as a reminder that the CCP cannot be trusted in matters of public health--years before the fake vaccine scandals of 2018?! And what of the whistle blowers and lawyers involved, how do they fare now?

How many times? 

Hundreds?

Thousands?

I never kept count.

But none of that made me nearly as sick as C T and Palomides,

Two overseas, comfortable shills for the CCP,

They never lived there,

They got no skin in the game,

No experience,

No reality, 

Just fantasy,

Eloquent, fake ass fantasy,

And unmet emotional needs.

The strongman fantasy,

The overseas CCP fanboy version.

Faker than a college student on an iPhone in a Che Guevara shirt. 

Fucking 屌絲 pube nerds.

Apologists for Xitler.

Desperate, weak men,

In need of a daddy. 

Truly,

Stomach turning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the chuckle, Walker. Seriously.

You really ought to get your head checked. They're running free tests now, I heard. 

You have amazing writing skills, but unfortunately, all you know what to do with it is to puff yourself up at the expense of denigrating those who see differently from you. The hatred and the toxic spew coming out of your mouth makes all that disgusting stuff you mentioned seeing first hand in China sound tame.

And to think at one time I had considered myself fortunate to meet a genuine cultivator in you here on TDB. 

Dont bother responding because to engage with you is nothing but an exercise in stupidity, because obviously you're just too hooked on your own delusional self-importance and dramatics. You'd do well in Hollywood as a script writer. Cream of the crop even. 

12 minutes ago, C T said:

You really ought to get your head checked. They're running free tests now, I heard. 

You have amazing writing skills, but unfortunately, all you know what to do with it is to puff yourself up at the expense of denigrating those who see differently from you. The hatred and the toxic spew coming out of your mouth makes all that disgusting stuff you mentioned seeing first hand in China sound tame.

And to think at one time I had considered myself fortunate to meet a genuine cultivator in you here on TDB. 

Dont bother responding because to engage with you is nothing but an exercise in stupidity, because obviously you're just too hooked on your own delusional self-importance and dramatics. You'd do well in Hollywood as a script writer. Cream of the crop even. 

Blah blah blah.

You have yet to meet a covid conspiracy theory you don't like,

So long as it makes all blame fall far from the CCP.

There is something wrong with this picture.

• Haha 1

On 23/04/2020 at 10:31 AM, ralis said:

The origin of the Coronavirus is in nature. When a virus meets the specific conditions to spread this is what happens!

Lmao what's with the defending of dictatorships here? Or at the very least trying to divert attention away from tbe blame they have?

Face it, it has spread around the world because it escaped from the Wuhan Lab. This is not in any way a conspiracy theory and to claim it is, is weak apologizing for a dictatorship.

If someone thinks the CCP is morally equivalent to free societies that person is not really a person to take seriously 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Blah blah blah.

You have yet to meet a covid conspiracy theory you don't like,

So long as it makes all blame fall far from the CCP.

There is something wrong with this picture.

100% true. I exposed them as CCP apologizers pages ago.

1 hour ago, C T said:

Chill out dude. It's nothing like that. 

He's just saying CCP is a terrible dictatorship and it's no longer just the Chinese people that are being affected now. That's not a controversial, political, or really even a debatable subject.

But the bottom line of this thread isn't even about the CCP,  it's just that Chinese wet markets need to end, and the CCP as a side note are not responsible or capable enough to have places like the Wuhan lab operating either.

Edited by Immortal4life

6 hours ago, Immortal4life said:

Lmao what's with the defending of dictatorships here? Or at the very least trying to divert attention away from tbe blame they have?

Face it, it has spread around the world because it escaped from the Wuhan Lab. This is not in any way a conspiracy theory and to claim it is, is weak apologizing for a dictatorship.

If someone thinks the CCP is morally equivalent to free societies that person is not really a person to take seriously 😂

Your critique is based on utter nonsense. Are you accusing me of defending dictatorships when I stated the virus has an origin nature?

Edited by ralis

Pretty astounding reading this thread and posters legit defending a dictatorship to the bitter end over some kindergarten level defensiveness over perceived “racism”.

You have posters here with direct experience of how China operates and these guys continue to slap back with the illogical racist ploy. 

idk how the fuck you guys deal with your own cognitive dissonance . But you obviously have an agenda and you don’t even pretend to hide it, I’d have more respect if you just came right out and say it as opposed to hiding behind fake racism accusations that you have to know are totally absurd.

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

It’s funny how the minute after @Trunk banned a whole bunch of right wing Trump supporters a whole bunch of you suddenly crawled out of the woodwork posting blatant right wing propaganda- Fox News, Epoch Times, Jordan Peterson, etc. Quite a few people with “direct experience of the way China operates” don’t regurgitate Trump talking points, conspiracy theories, and blatant racism. 

But hey, you guys know what’s what. Don’t forget to listen to your doctor.

66162665-95A8-42FA-A9B1-3D11FB870660.jpeg

Edited by SirPalomides
  • Haha 1

Eh, I'm Chinese heritage myself too, but I don't see Walker's points as racist. Seeing the CCP as evil isn't racist, and while I do recognize the problem that SirPalomides points out saying that it sounds similar to Trump talking points,  the difference is that Trump's words are said in the spirit of racism and campaigning, whereas Walker sees what I see: totalitarianism, which has enough evil with Uighur oppression alone. 

I used to write for an Asian American rag back in the 00s, and one inane comment someone once made was that he hoped China would become strong so people would be less racist. The lad was a guy who had never left his home state or had any idea of what went on over on the other side of the Pacific, and I and a few of my fellow writers and editors had to take a double-take on the inanity of his reasoning, before deciding to hold off on informing him that a stronger China militarily or economically (likely both) would actually lead to more racism if the 1980s and the Detroit Killing of Vincent Chin is a reminder.

In other words: Trump calling the CCP evil isn't because of the Uighurs or Hong Kong or Tibet and the Pacific issues in the Spratlys, it's because he's campaigning and needs a convenient black hat for him to eschew any responsibility for his fuck-ups. 

Walker calling the CCP evil is the same as me calling them evil: because they are outright despicable. And no, I do not believe the virus was made in a lab in Wuhan. What I do believe is that the inherent weakness of Xi and his megalomania is showing and is harder to hide or justify behind a propaganda machine, just like every Chinese patriot is saying that the virus was made by the US military is as believable as someone who insists that the tooth fairy is real. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 4

Of course if Walker wants to come out against the Wuhan lab conspiracy theory here, as you do, no one’s stopping him. As it is, he is defending blatantly racist comments about the cultural consumption of cats and dogs as if it has something to do with sanitation, corruption scandals, etc.

Of course a stronger China leads to more anti-Chinese racism. It’s when  privileged classes- in this case white elites- feel their privilege threatened or eroded that they get the most vicious.

Regarding the “evil” communist party, I think the short article I posted on the Chinese communist revolution page is a good opening response to that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

As it is, he is defending blatantly racist comments about the cultural consumption of cats and dogs as if it has something to do with sanitation, corruption scandals, etc.

They do eat cats and dogs in China--I've seen it myself, even in Shanghai years ago. It's a regular thing that has parts of the population thinking nothing of it and other parts who loathe it and are on the same page as the PETA chapter in Beijing. 

Eating dogs and cats also isn't uniquely Chinese either. It's been done in Korea and Vietnam, and even the Philippines by certain groups. What is unsanitary is the conditions in which they are kept and that is still overlooking the inherent cruelty of the act. 

Nowhere do I see any correlation between racism, eating dogs and cats, culture, and corruption scandals. Eating dogs and cats just happens there, and is not justifiable as a cultural norm--otherwise, cannibalism could be justifiable as a cultural norm too in a hypothetical scenario. That the corruption and turning the other way exists even amidst pleas to keep transparent is what is being highlighted.

Of course a stronger China leads to more anti-Chinese racism. It’s when  privileged classes- in this case white elites- feel their privilege threatened or eroded that they get the most vicious.

Sure, there's no denying that their loathing for China and Chinese is more for their own power and privilege being challenged rather than the inherent evil in the CCP.

Regarding the “evil” communist party, I think the short article I posted on the Chinese communist revolution page is a good opening response to that. 

I still stand by my analysis of the CCP being evil overall because those policies are still enforced and reinforced. Sure, some people join for saving their own skin, but that's like joining a gang like MS-13 so that you and your family get protected by them-- the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" method is what strengthens such groups. 

Edited by Earl Grey

I don’t deny that cats and dogs are eaten- though as you hint the practice is increasingly unpopular. Nor is it something I would do myself. But to talk about this practice as if it is uniquely immoral, unsanitary, uncivilized,  as opposed to cow, pig, chicken, etc is indeed racist and that is the clear assumption behind several of the posts on this thread. The stuff Walker brought up about, eg, that nightmarish powder milk thing(I was in Beijing when that broke) has nothing to do with the cultural mores of what animals are or aren’t acceptable to eat. 

Edited by SirPalomides

Just now, SirPalomides said:

I don’t deny that cats and dogs are eaten- though as you hint the practice is increasingly unpopular. Nor is it something I would do myself. But to talk about this practice as if it is uniquely immoral, unsanitary, uncivilized,  as opposed to cow, pig, chicken, etc is indeed racist and that is the clear assumption behind several of the posts on this thread. 

I seem to have missed that point as it being "uniquely immoral, unsanitary, uncivilized,  as opposed to cow, pig, chicken, etc" on this thread, or I didn't read it that way at all.

On the subject of classifying dogs and cats amongst cows, pigs, chickens, etc, this might be another topic worth going into a separate thread over, as while I do eat meat in limited quantities, I also am a pet owner, and for the few Asian members on this forum, it may be an interesting thread if you are game. 

14 hours ago, Master Logray said:

Heard the same thing in 2003.  May be more discreet now.   If they can ban eating dogs and cats, it would be a real improvement.  Even today a government agency talking about the medicinal value of white dolphins.  But it was quickly withdrawn. 

12 hours ago, Master Logray said:

The point is, it is the culture to eat a wide range of animals, reptiles and insects.   It is commonly said everything with 4 legs can be eaten except a table.   During the capture, domestication, transport, in the market to the kitchens,  there are just too many chances of diseases come to humans.   TCM also makes use of animal parts.  

What I’m referring to. He thinks there is some connection between eating cats and dogs and COVID-19. Nothing about sanitation, just “wow those people eat everything.” 

Also worth noting the article I shared that caused KuroShiro to call me a CCP troll with Walker’s agreement was from noted CCP mouthpiece *checks notes* the Guardian. 

3 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

What I’m referring to. He thinks there is some connection between eating cats and dogs and COVID-19. Nothing about sanitation, just “wow those people eat everything.” 

TCM does use a lot of animal parts sadly in some practices like seahorses or bear bile, but that is also something that has been controversial historically and differing schools try to use more plants than animals. There is even a qigong system that forbids the eating of dog meat as it will diminish your power immensely. 

Master Logray I believe mentioned he was from Hong Kong before, if I recall correctly, so it might be more like Hong Kong-Mainland division if this is the case, but yes, it does sound pretty racist if it were said by a westerner. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

The internalized racism in Hong Kong is quite breathtaking and on full display during the protests, waving British flags, calling on Trump to “liberate” them, spray painting “ji-na” (equivalent to “chink) on mainlander owned buildings  etc. Speaking Mandarin or even Hokkien can get you beat up; even mainlanders who come out to support the protests get treated like shit: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hongkong-mainlande/a-coronavirus-betrayal-even-friends-shun-mainland-protesters-in-hong-kong-idUSKCN21Y14G

Of course despite the article being from Reuters I’m sure it will be dismissed as CCP misinformation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

The internalized racism in Hong Kong is quite breathtaking and on full display during the protests, waving British flags, calling on Trump to “liberate” them, spray painting “ji-na” (equivalent to “chink) on mainlander owned buildings  etc. Speaking Mandarin or even Hokkien can get you beat up; even mainlanders who come out to support the protests get treated like shit: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hongkong-mainlande/a-coronavirus-betrayal-even-friends-shun-mainland-protesters-in-hong-kong-idUSKCN21Y14G

Of course despite the article being from Reuters I’m sure it will be dismissed as CCP misinformation. 

Eh, I have my own reservations about Hong Kongers having grown up there myself for a while. I read about the same thing in the NYT last year, and it sounded more like Eminem wishing he were black. Using western racism to distance themselves doesn't do them anything to further their hopes of distinguishing their identity as unique. 

I'll also point out as I omitted this accidentally in my haste to post: 

That was a small minority that got far too much attention. And there's even some evidence that was also promoted by the CCP. Also, some protests were by dual citizens (HK/UK) - people forget that something like 1/3rd of HK was given UK citizenship. It's not wrong for them to call on their other government, even if it's run by turds at the moment. 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/13/beijings-paranoia-sees-the-cia-under-every-rock/

Edited by Earl Grey

Sign in to follow this