Sign in to follow this  
Vajra Fist

It's all getting too much

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Nungali said:

The amount of times I have tried to engage this guy  ^   reasonably , even when he started a topic and asked questions and I responded on topic relevantly

 

Sorry, I didn't notice.  Where your questions any good ?!!

Don't worry it's a bit late now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rideforever said:

 

Sorry, I didn't notice.  Where your questions any good ?!!

Don't worry it's a bit late now.

 

Yep .... thats the spirit  ... as usual   :rolleyes:

 

 

I  mention :    "  even when he started a topic and asked questions and I responded . "

 

Then he responds to that with  :   "  Where your questions any good ? "

 

EXACTLY what I mean and why I gave up trying reasonable communication .

 

.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, moment said:

You and I and many of our friends are here and that is a very good thing!

 

18 hours ago, moment said:

No mods and no real way of creating any currently.

 

No mods, but @Earl Grey

 

does a fine job of shit-shovelling on a regular basis. And @ralis

 

It's a crap job, but these guys are putting in the time.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 7:44 AM, Earl Grey said:

 

Here's what I have been doing and hoping others will follow suit, like Walker and such:

 

Having actual topics of interest discussed and doing our best to sweep away the dust of bogus and troll topics like the ones mentioned in the OP here. 

 

There's a tendency for this forum now to focus on agreeableness, and this is fine--but for more serious discussions, if this trend doesn't change I might consider going elsewhere at a certain point where there is more quality control and invite a few members here there.

 

Only a consideration though--the Flying Phoenix thread is still here and one of the few things that makes this forum and its history worth preserving. 

 

So if people like Heartbreak who is mentioned in the OP want to keep spamming threads with garbage misogynistic and racist crap, rideforever wants to force his Alt-Right views and ignore direct questions so he can continue faffing everywhere, Stosh and others keep posting ignoble things, as gatito said, it's street rules here. We can let this place become a rundown area with a few plots of land where serious work is done (which is actually how a lot of masters hide ;) ), or we can all do our part to sweep the place and improve it with quality discussion.

 

Big problem now though: plenty of new sign-ups are messaging me of all people because they can't get approval to post with Sean not here to officialize their membership for them. 

 

Now we're stuck with who is here, can't bring in new voices, can't eliminate fools, can't take punitive measures against them, and the majority of this forum wants sugar, spice, and everything nice. Most masters I know are nice, but when it comes to serious discussion, wow, it's a lot of salt and vinegar.

 

Even if planet earth is a warzone, would we flee? Absolutely not.

 

You mentioned Stosh...is he still about? Personally, I've never had any issue other than a miscommunication that got ironed out real quick...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2020 at 9:19 AM, GSmaster said:

Its hard to find any topic in last week or two on cultivation.

 

I ageee. Maybe we should stop being bums and start some up.

 

Soon. When I can get up, that is. No hurry. I'll do it later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

So we have hippies trying to sing kumbaya, we have know-it-alls who actually don't have any skill whatsoever, we have people begging for free teachings, we have people insulting one another then getting mad when they get insulted back---all often in the same thread when we're trying to talk technicalities of cultivation. 

 

I don't think this will ever change. I've said time and time again, this is because we have a General Discussion. I think the forum would generally be more solid if it was Daoist-only focused.

 

Although, there are a few occult guys here that really do add some benefit, so I would never change what we have, so it's swings and roundabouts.

 

In other news, I joined a few Daoism facebook groups this year and it made me want to come back here even more.

 

Talk about hippes. Ugh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, gatito said:

 

And it's easy to spot the dynamic of the fish who are easily trolled and to ignore those Awesome MembersTM (and their fanbois) as well.

 

 

None.

 

I prefer street rules myself, as it sorts all of the residue the wheat from the chaff Awesome MembersTM.

 

 

Ah, the old technique of pointing to the naughty kid in the room and giving them a platform for all to see, while the rest of the kids laugh at them :)

 

Classic schooling given to attention seekers.

 

As for street rules, yes it's just another era of TDB. I'm not exactly sure if we'll get out of this era. I mean, we need at least one mod to pass the torch to someone. Also, surely one year someone will stop paying for this domain name?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rara said:

Even if planet earth is a warzone, would we flee? Absolutely not.

 

 

There's no current place to go, unless underground bunkers count.

 

1 hour ago, Rara said:

You mentioned Stosh...is he still about? Personally, I've never had any issue other than a miscommunication that got ironed out real quick...

 

He was posting ignoble things in the coronavirus thread I started and a number of us were flabbergasted at his ignorance and audacity.

 

1 hour ago, Rara said:

I ageee. Maybe we should stop being bums and start some up.

 

Soon. When I can get up, that is. No hurry. I'll do it later.

 

There are gems, for sure. We just shouldn't have to sort through the rubbish bin to find them, which is why some people are retreating to their PPJ.

 

1 hour ago, Rara said:

I don't think this will ever change. I've said time and time again, this is because we have a General Discussion. I think the forum would generally be more solid if it was Daoist-only focused.

 

There is no problem with this stuff in general--it's the fact it's become more prevalent is what I find to be potentially troublesome. For a small community of familiar names, this is nice, but for newbies who can't even get approval for membership, it's hard to search for things without this all coming up front and center....

 

1 hour ago, Rara said:

Although, there are a few occult guys here that really do add some benefit, so I would never change what we have, so it's swings and roundabouts.

 

The occult section is pretty good and underutilized, I will admit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

He was posting ignoble things in the coronavirus thread I started and a number of us were flabbergasted at his ignorance and audacity.

 

I'll find my way to that thread eventually, then.

34 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

There are gems, for sure. We just shouldn't have to sort through the rubbish bin to find them, which is why some people are retreating to their PPJ.

 

Of course. My point was that maybe we should all just start new threads regularly with actual valuable stuff.

 

One thing I really miss about MH was his dedication to the Zhuangzi section of this forum. But how many times can we do the same studies over and over without it becoming mundane?

36 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

There is no problem with this stuff in general--it's the fact it's become more prevalent is what I find to be potentially troublesome. For a small community of familiar names, this is nice, but for newbies who can't even get approval for membership, it's hard to search for things without this all coming up front and center....

 

Yup!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nungali said:

Yep .... thats the spirit  ... as usual 

 

You old timers are the spirit of tdb ... ... how does it go, some young fool arrives in the website and you and your friends grind them down, then head to the bar for a XXXX and hug each other.

Later one of you opens up a thread ... ... and tells your (yawn) ... tale of woe ... the internet is unfair !

Wow, what exactly are you cultivating here ... knicker twisting ?

Gooday mate !!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rara said:

 

Ah, the old technique of pointing to the naughty kid in the room and giving them a platform for all to see, while the rest of the kids laugh at them :)

 

Classic schooling given to attention seekers.

 

 

"There's nothing new under the Sun" (as my beloved grandmother taught me).

 

Perhaps it will help to settle things down a bit, so that people like you and several others can get a word in edgeways.

 

I hope so.

 

If not, at least it's possibly providing some amusement for some people.

 

6 hours ago, Rara said:

As for street rules, yes it's just another era of TDB. I'm not exactly sure if we'll get out of this era. I mean, we need at least one mod to pass the torch to someone. Also, surely one year someone will stop paying for this domain name?

 

I'm not sure if moderation is the answer because it's actually like whack-a-mole.

 

I feel that @sean might be onto something by providing this quarantine. It may allow the current unstable dynamic to reach equilibrium and at that point, it will be possible to see if, overall, it's toxic or healthy.

 

At that point, if the dynamic's healthy it would tend to influence any newbies towards health and the doors could be reopened (or we could decamp elsewhere if the owner shuts shop).

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rideforever said:

 

You old timers are the spirit of tdb ... ... how does it go, some young fool arrives in the website and you and your friends grind them down, then head to the bar for a XXXX and hug each other.

 

 

Again, more than merely a grain of truth here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

someone mention @sean?

 

I did but now, after having realised the error of my ways, I will never mention @sean again.

 

Sorry, @sean!

 

:(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, silent thunder said:

someone mention @sean?

 

 

I found Sean !    

 

 

1.jpg

 

 

I gave this guy  10 bucks and I   " What happened to you man ?"

 

and he  "   Well,   I had this idea about running an internet forum with little mediation, relying on the maturity of those involved in spiritual sciences  ....   anyway , long story short ,   have you read 'Faucault's Pendulum'   ?   Ended up like that .  Anyways , I'm much happier  now . "

 

 

.

Edited by Nungali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this