Lord Josh Allen

Weather Magick

54 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

To my memory, two Bums have mentioned their weather working in this thread -- Lord Josh Allen and Taomeow.  I hope they´ll forgive me if I mention that I´d love to watch a True Life drama of the two of them paired up riding around the country in Josh´s Jag diffusing dangerous hurricanes and tornados.  

Would not you rather see me and Lord Josh together in Australia while I take him on tour and show him my  'Aussie bush magic ' ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Would not you rather see me and Lord Josh together in Australia while I take him on tour and show him my  'Aussie bush magic ' ?

Nah, as a Daoist buddy movie I think Lord Josh Allen and Taomeow would work better together.  Between Josh´s sartorial flair and Taomeow´s equally cinematic snappy take-no-prisoners dialogue...can you say Academy Awards nominee shoe-in?  You, Nungali, are enough of a character to star in a movie all by your lonesome.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I WAS .... supposedly  .... I even wrote the script for free !   Its about  >  Dr Bacon's expereince  working in the Aussie film industry <

But the bastard USA big knob producer, that started the whole thing  (after working with me and getting to know me ... just a teenie bit ... did a runner back to USA   just as I finished first draft !    No  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$  of course .

But if it ever gets   done , I am gonna re write with  Lord Josh in it ! 

• Haha 1

... if only I had some pics to post of me back then .....  getting out of   stretch limo at  'Verse archi'  (  as  I made a point of referring to Versace in a broad Aussie accent to my cringing  'compatriots' )  @   ' The    Gold Coast  '  ;

itemImage_81.jpg?1478775871

with the  beautifully dressed and jewelled .....   and cocained    'movie stars'    for an end of production  (it's a )  ' Wrap Party '

( Privately hired   of course . )

Then there was the one at Seaworld where they privately hired the place for the night ; replete with little various types of ethnic snack   bars and  exotic alcohol bars .  They even had a few rides open for us .  My boss and I  spent the night drinking water   and experienced  Schadenfreude  watching 'beautiful and classy  ' people ,  off tits ,   vomit on themselves on the roller coaster .

I would give it ALL   for that  brief moment  I had  in the  Polar Bear Tank basement  I had that  night !   THAT made it all worth going . 

( Maybe I should post some of the script somewhere   ?     )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

When  first going this thread, I wanted to respond to various things , but instead I observe the suds now coming out the washing machine tube .   So no need .

I did however feel an initial reaction to the stuff related to  'eccentric ism '  .   Now i will respond to  that 'stuff' .

1.   COME ON NOW !   You guys !    Daobums  !  ?       Ermmmm    .... 'eccentric '  .     < ahem>

Is anyone jealous that he did it better then them ? 

2.   He clearly and openly stated it .  Not only that ,   he  qualified  ' English Eccentric ' .     I applaud him , in the  tradition of

Henry Cyril Paget, the 5th Marquess of Anglesey

161193824_1460912747.jpg

Henry-Cyril-Paget-4.jpg

Decades before Freddie Mercury;

Henry-Cyril-Paget-2.jpg

05a37314ff9151d236d8ffe9c0ec5893.jpg

He would put on 'performances'  ( make  'old school youtubes '   :D  )  , parade around causing outrage and admiration   (maybe he is some type of Sufi   ?   :)  )   ,  and drove up and down the street in his fancy car that he had adapted to also spray perfume out the tail pipe .

Now, here is hint .....   people see Lord Josh cruising down the high road in his new Electrojag   BUT  it has huge exhaust pipes  sticking out the back  ????? 

Whoosh !   they get sprayed with an aroma of patchouli  "  WTF ! "  and catch a glimpse of him inside , as he moves on past, greeting them with an 'umbrella handle lift '  .

to which he may aspire  ?

3.  And ' Big Mum'  certainly does not look like white blonde women with big tits stickin' out !

Spoiler

aborwomen.gif

See ..... she look after her kids .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

I believe a lot of people who are just beginning to research this topic, tend to misunderstand the goals of weather magick. There are really two camps, those who see the practice as simply "controlling" the weather (summoning storms, wind, rain, etc) and those who see the deeper meanings. Every type and condition of weather corresponds to an emotion, just as there are external storms there are also internal ones that exist within the mind and body of man "As Within So Without" Practicing magick to suppress an external storm may be used as a meditation exercise to quell or overcome ones "inner demons" For example, one could work with the wind to blow away bad luck or blow away self-destructive patterns of behavior such as addictions. One could work with rain to wash away the old therefore bringing in the new (manifesting new opportunities, jobs, meeting new people, having new experiences) When working with snow, ice or frost, one of the most amazing things you can do is self-heal traumatic memories. Within my system, snow is linked to memories and the past. The practitioner should go outside and begin energetically projecting their traumatic experiences into a concentrated area of snow on the ground. 

One should visualize the most uncomfortable and disturbing things they have ever been through in their lives, imagining that it is being imbued into the external world. Then, the practitioner will begin the exercise to heat the snow by projecting qi into the area. Eventually, the heat will melt the snow and this represents the memories being dissolved into nothingness. I created this spell for my own benefit and I can say, for me, it does work very well. It is also worth mentioning that hail is viewed as a creation which is the result of Yin and Yang colliding together, I always that was fascinating. If a Taoist wished to “Call The Winds” he or she would make use of magical hand gestures known as “Hand Seals” There are eight different hand gestures that control the eight different directions of the wind, each seal corresponds to a trigram within the Bagua. For example, to invoke the powers of the Southeastern wind, the practitioner would attempt to re-create the trigram of "Xun" (Wind/Air) with his or her fingers. As the hand gesture is performed, an incantation should accompany it, there is more to it of course but you get a general idea. 

THIS  ^ 

This is what I hope to talk about here with you  and others .

I hope others feel the same way .    I will use the  Gendao self control method from now on and put all diversions and car admirations and  showing off  I need to blow off here ,  in a spoiler ,

Oh, actually,  not showing off , I will pepper with that ..  That seems an essential part of the  OP and thread .  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Nah, as a Daoist buddy movie I think Lord Josh Allen and Taomeow would work better together.  Between Josh´s sartorial flair and Taomeow´s equally cinematic snappy take-no-prisoners dialogue...can you say Academy Awards nominee shoe-in?  You, Nungali, are enough of a character to star in a movie all by your lonesome.  

You probably should not make suggestions like that to me   :)

Polar bears on ecstasy ...

Spoiler

Polar bears on ecstasy .

SCENE  . EXT. SEAWORLD. NIGHT.

The central outdoor area of the  wrap party. Various wild party raging scenes surround .

< cut to >

SCENE  .INT. SEAWORLD - UNDERWATER POLAR-BEAR VIEWING ROOM. NIGHT.
REZA,   DR. BACON.

(Reza ; Dr Bacon’s boss )

Underwater polar bear viewing room, empty. The room is very ambient, rippled  soft ice-blue light is coming in through  the view windows from the  tank. Polar bears occasionally dive in and swim past silently.

SFX – a soundtrack is playing of ocean swishing noises, very faint ambient music and bubbles.

Dr. Bacon enters cautiously, looks around and sighs relief.

DR. BACON
“Ahhh … empty.”

He takes a seat and sits there chilling out, looking in to the tank.

Reza’s head comes around the corner, he looks in and then enters quietly.

REZA
“There you are Bacon, this looks nice and quiet.”

Dr. Bacon moves along the bench to make room for Reza.

DR. BACON
    “Yeah … chill man.”

Reza takes a seat and relaxes, watching the polar bears.

<cut to >

The centre outdoor area of the  wrap party. Various wild party raging scenes. Noise, chaos , out of it people , music,  dancing , etc .
<cut to >

REZA, DR. BACON.

As previous both relaxing and looking at polar bears.

REZA
    “Hey Bacon … you want some liquid ekkie   drink ?”

Dr. Bacon’s eyebrows raise.

<cut to >

The centre outdoor area of the party. Various wild party raging scenes.

<cut to >

REZA, DR. BACON, JULIET.

As previous both relaxing and looking at polar bears.

Juliet enters.

JULIET
    “Oh Reza … Hi guys … you have a nice little atmosphere here.”

REZA
    “Juliet! Welcome to the sub-artic.”

Juliet sits down and enjoys the ambience.

A pause…

Juliet shivers.

JULIET
“Brrr … I’m getting a little cold down here in this skimpy dress. I might go up for a drink.”

She stands and looks at Reza    

“Wanna come with me?”

REZA
    “Allright, I could use a drink too.”

Reza rises and walks next to Juliet, she moves close and links her arm through his. They turn the corner to go out and Reza looks at Dr. Bacon and raises his eyebrows twice. They leave.

Dr. Bacon has a chuckle and goes up to the glass of the tank. He is very out of it and is looking in at the water, up through the surface, holding his fingers apart against the glass and feeling it, etc.

A polar bear dives in suddenly , right in front of the window  and startles Dr Bacon  . he stands there looking at it . The polar bear hangs there and stars back . Dr Bacon puts his face  up  close to the glass - so does the bear .

DR BACON ;   “ Hmmmmmm   ..... “ .

He steps back and holds one arm out , so does the bear . he lifts his leg ... so does the bear .    He cocks his head sideways ,

“ What’s going on here ? “

The bear cocks his head sideways .  Dr bacon steps back and the bear surfaces and climbs out , out of view .

‘Cousin Jim’ enters.

COUSIN JIM
    “Ah Dr. Bacon .”

He comes up to the glass and looks in the tank. A bear dives in .

“Cool aren’t they? I was in here before for ages.”

DR BACON ; “ Yeah , but something strange is going on, watch this , “

Dr Bacon stands in front of the window  and  sticks his  arm out , the bear ..... nothing .   He tries his leg .  Nothing .  The bear swims away .

COUSIN JIM ;  “  .... and  ? “

DR BACON ; “ He was copying me before ....   “

( he tries to peer up  through the window )
“ Maybe it was a different one ? “

Cousin Jim  looks at Dr. Bacon

“You’re totally off your face!”

DR. BACON
    “ Everyone is ! ”

Dr. Bacon looks up inside the tank and around the room, stretches . He walks around a bit with Cousin Jim watching  him amused. He sits back on the bench.

DR BACON
“You know … there’s something about the combination of polar bears, underwater and ekkie that makes a great vibe … it’s like I can even hear the ocean and some type of soft cosmic music in the background. The ‘music of the Cosmic Ocean ! ”

COUSIN JIM
    “ That’s a tape playing through the ceiling speakers.”

DR. BACON
    “Oh.”

COUSIN JIM

" You gonna come out and have a drink , or some coke ... maybe find a woman for later ?"

DR . BACON

" No thanks . Think I'll stay in here  with the bears . "

'smootchie ' !

polarbearunderwaterseaworld.jpg?w=848

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For example, one could work with the wind to blow away bad luck or blow away self-destructive patterns of behavior such as addictions.

Or confusion.. :)

One could work with rain to wash away the old therefore bringing in the new (manifesting new opportunities, jobs, meeting new people, having new experiences)

I think we'll get along just fine.. 

Glad you're here.

• Like 5

When I was looking for teachers years back, I was introduced to a Daoist ‘master’ in Hong Kong who tried to sell me an empowerment for $40K (and I had to officially become his ‘disciple’... apparently a great marketing campaign to have a capable western student).

He did produce a thunderstorm on a clear sunny day - within about 10 minutes of quietly reciting some mantra and holding a mudra while talking with me outside.

I refused. Politely 😅

Later discovered that he’s been fucking every western girl who showed interest in his tricks.

No idea where he is now - but I heard a rumour that he was killed because he repeatedly ‘stole rain’ from one village and sold it to another in the mainland.

No fancy hats like you though Josh!

He did have a beard and a topknot... apparently it’s obligatory if you want to fuck impressionable western girls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, freeform said:

He did produce a thunderstorm on a clear sunny day - within about 10 minutes of quietly reciting some mantra and holding a mudra while talking with me outside.

A very long time ago, I was living in a city. A storm came through which was wreaking some havoc, and I was mumbling to myself about not even being able to see the lightning through the windows. I was standing near a window watching the driving rain, and then the world went electric and white as lightning struck right outside the window.

I said, "thank you," and ceased my complaints. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I was standing near a window watching the driving rain, and then the world went electric and white as lightning struck right outside the window.

:lol:

Lightning strikes in close proximity are pretty shocking aren’t they!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I used to fly back stateside and to Southeast Asia every year in high school and college, and as it was either summer break or Christmas, there was a bizarre coincidence that thunderstorms would come on the days that I arrived and left.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, freeform said:

No idea where he is now - but I heard a rumour that he was killed because he repeatedly ‘stole rain’ from one village and sold it to another in the mainland.

Now imagine how much power the black magicians who rule the world have over stuff like that.  Among my acquaintances of long ago, Ph.D. degrees were earned for weather control work at the Institute of Applied Geophysics, and shuffling weather from here to there, including stealing or granting rains, was their daily bread and butter.  I remember funky stories of botched magic -- e.g. when they experimented with seeding the clouds with silver nitrate and, to their surprise, instead of rain produced icicle-shaped hail, hundreds of thousands of icicles the size and shape of daggers falling from the sky -- and that was thirty years ago.  What and how got messed up since then, and whether it was done on purpose or with wrongful disregard for the far-reaching consequences or accidentally, is anyone's guess.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, Earl Grey said:

While I still don't find Josh terribly impressive with what he claims, he's so far polite albeit flamboyant, and at least not pompous.

Let me give you the rundown, son: we've had a huge transition the past couple years. We have dealt with a lot of scammers and people calling themselves masters who don't know what they're talking about, self-initiates who want to make up their own qigong who have zero understanding of TCM. 

We had forum members scammed out of thousands of dollars, we had the Western Mo Pai bros claiming to be part of the Mo Pai lineage because of two techniques they learned from a student who was kicked out of the school, we have Jeff who started out offering to scan people for free then pulling them into astral sex cults, and then we had the Alt-Right here posting conspiracy theories about pedophiles in a pizza parlor who were unfortunately also the admin and members of Jeff's cult before Sean, the owner, kicked them all out, so we are in a state of anarchy and catharsis as a lot of repression was here amongst the scams, except for the scams that the admin allowed. 

So if we're already in full cynic mode, please understand that this is why. And many of us are also pretty blunt about it because we are burned out by the people claiming to have the rainbow body, siddhis, and the self-initiates, the man-children trying to be Goku, and brats who want psychic techniques like Lightseeker who want to control and seduce others with free techniques while asking others to do the investigation for him. 

There is only one Mo Pai.

Levels 1 2a and 2b are the same in the USA and Indonesia.

These methods are recorded from John on video.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Huh!

I had to skip ahead from page 2 because this got nasty real quick, i havent read the whole thing but whoa.

For me it got cringy when people were trying to do some sort of erosion dissing strategy and Lords didn’t even raise much of an eyebrow.

Walkers first comment had me rofling because, well, it was a funny opener, and then i saw part of my village hiss and rattle pitchforks at the weirdo trying to have a conversation.

I know this storm looks to have blown over but i cannot but admire folks who respond to requests of ”quit it with the pimp-looking pics” with more striking portraits of themselves in flamboyant funky gear. Takes a lot of thick ass hide to just let piss roll off your feathers like raindrops.

I’ma get down to read this from where it gets good.

Just wanted to say something about it straight up coming in late that i think Lord Jagular (no offense) caught a fuckload of what comes out of a group when there’s been a lot of sudden conflicts, a lot of confrontation, defending boundaries and shit. Is it possible tensions and defenses are up from the latest skirmishes with airborne necromancers and other manipulative megalomaniacs and whatnot?

Cant help but think of Meows thread concerning the Yang Metal Rat we’re in.

Thus far i see this A LOT more than usual: there is a fairly evident volatile edge in human interactions and toes are sensitive. Wind is agressive but when the rain comes there’s not much force to disseminate it evenly. Sun shines sharp in Scandinavia right now, sensitive folks are having back to back migraines. Where i’m at we’re a full two months early with some plants and flowers and there is just no chill with the weather. Something is up...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Huh!

I had to skip ahead from page 2 because this got nasty real quick, i havent read the whole thing but whoa.

For me it got cringy when people were trying to do some sort of erosion dissing strategy and Lords didn’t even raise much of an eyebrow.

Walkers first comment had me rofling because, well, it was a funny opener, and then i saw part of my village hiss and rattle pitchforks at the weirdo trying to have a conversation.

I know this storm looks to have blown over but i cannot but admire folks who respond to requests of ”quit it with the pimp-looking pics” with more striking portraits of themselves in flamboyant funky gear. Takes a lot of thick ass hide to just let piss roll off your feathers like raindrops.

I’ma get down to read this from where it gets good.

Just wanted to say something about it straight up coming in late that i think Lord Jagular (no offense) caught a fuckload of what comes out of a group when there’s been a lot of sudden conflicts, a lot of confrontation, defending boundaries and shit. Is it possible tensions and defenses are up from the latest skirmishes with airborne necromancers and other manipulative megalomaniacs and whatnot?

Cant help but think of Meows thread concerning the Yang Metal Rat we’re in.

Thus far i see this A LOT more than usual: there is a fairly evident volatile edge in human interactions and toes are sensitive. Wind is agressive but when the rain comes there’s not much force to disseminate it evenly. Sun shines sharp in Scandinavia right now, sensitive folks are having back to back migraines. Where i’m at we’re a full two months early with some plants and flowers and there is just no chill with the weather. Something is up...

It got better by page 4. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, freeform said:

When I was looking for teachers years back, I was introduced to a Daoist ‘master’ in Hong Kong who tried to sell me an empowerment for $40K (and I had to officially become his ‘disciple’... apparently a great marketing campaign to have a capable western student).

I refused. Politely 😅

Later discovered that he’s been fucking every western girl who showed interest in his tricks.

No fancy hats like you though Josh!

He did have a beard and a topknot... apparently it’s obligatory if you want to fuck impressionable western girls.

fashion-original-clip-on-man-bun-wig.jpg

Fashion Original Clip On Man Bun Wig Natural Black Color,Mens Wigs In China,

Alibaba.com

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

Is it possible tensions and defenses are up from the latest skirmishes with airborne necromancers and other manipulative megalomaniacs and whatnot?

Hiya Rocky,

Nice to see you looking completely unscathed by the airborne necromancer's vile intent... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ilumairen said:

A very long time ago, I was living in a city. A storm came through which was wreaking some havoc, and I was mumbling to myself about not even being able to see the lightning through the windows. I was standing near a window watching the driving rain, and then the world went electric and white as lightning struck right outside the window.

You had a visit from .... 

The Lightening Brothers .

EB393.jpg

They walk across country , their heads in the clouds,  their war hammers crash , their whips crack, their legs striking down 

6a45ae3a2ce665ac20e571442e40c0c4.jpg

Rb0okPC.jpg

But when they make peace , they show us their sign and seal - big boomerang 

1718291-bigthumbnail.jpg

• Like 8

On 14/02/2020 at 12:04 PM, Lord Josh Allen said:

I believe a lot of people who are just beginning to research this topic, tend to misunderstand the goals of weather magick.

or any magick    ;)

There are really two camps, those who see the practice as simply "controlling" the weather (summoning storms, wind, rain, etc) and those who see the deeper meanings. Every type and condition of weather corresponds to an emotion,

I find this interesting as 'correspondence' is a big part of 'magical technology' .   Many realise the  correspondence between  weather / seasons and  elements winds and directions  . I would like to see emotions fitted in with this .  I suppose first we have to have a list of 'main' emotions  first and then see where they fit .

Spoiler

Aside;  regarding the weather , I had worked an elemental / 'traditional' seasonal pattern here for a while  but soon realised it was based on northern hemisphere , so adapted . But it still isnt  right  as some places here we have 6 seasons in a year , and the 'elemental rotation order' is different  too .   The axial tilt, in relation to the Sun ( ie, seasons )  isnt difficult in its difference ( north hemisphere to south   but combined with the magnetic energy going in and out the poles , that is always constant  ( but maybe many dont consider  geomagnetic flow in their geomancy  ? 

just as there are external storms there are also internal ones that exist within the mind and body of man "As Within So Without" Practicing magick to suppress an external storm may be used as a meditation exercise to quell or overcome ones "inner demons" For example, one could work with the wind to blow away bad luck or blow away self-destructive patterns of behavior such as addictions. One could work with rain to wash away the old therefore bringing in the new (manifesting new opportunities, jobs, meeting new people, having new experiences)

Yes !   Standing on sea cliffs in the wind ,  visualising the wind blowing through you and cleansing .   Doing similar and other stuff using sunlight  .  Water was my fav . Having a good river nearby it was always handy for such things, and used in ritual a bit here ..... wash it all away ... and out to the ocean and let it be dissolved in The Great Sea .  I used to like, in times of turmoil , or just a lot of shit going on around me I wanted to ignore , going down from the rapids, where currents and swills throw you this way and that .

I would find a river sand bank in the middle of a whirlpool  where it held me natural still, with the water level just below my navel ..... ahhhhh ... turmoil all around , but the centre of the this  swirl  - the 'centre of the cyclone '   , all is still .   

When working with snow, ice or frost, one of the most amazing things you can do is self-heal traumatic memories. Within my system, snow is linked to memories and the past. The practitioner should go outside and begin energetically projecting their traumatic experiences into a concentrated area of snow on the ground. 

Well , thats  one thing I am entirely unfamiliar with . In fact, so unfamiliar and stupid about , I went into a deep snow and ice territory once  without knowing much about it  ,   I was lucky , it could have gone very bad .

But the bard 'Typhon'  seem to agree with you here about snow and frost  and  'grim December '   :) ;  

Sweet, sweet are May and June, dear,

The loves of lambent spring,
Our lamp the drooping moon, dear,
Our roof, the stars that sing;
The bed, of moss and roses;
The night, as long as death!
Still, breath!
Life wakens and reposes,
Love ever quickeneth!
Sweet, sweet, when Lion and Maiden,
The motley months of gold,
Swoop down with sunlight laden,
And eyes are bright and bold.
Life-swelling breasts uncover
Their warm involving deep–
Love, sleep!–
And lover lies with lover
On air's substantial steep.
Ah! sweeter was September–
The amber rain of leaves,
The harvest to remember
The load of sunny sheaves.
In gardens deeply scented,
In orchards heavily hung,
Love flung
Away the days demented
With lips that curled and clung.
Ah! sweeter still October,
When russet leaves go grey,
And sombre loves and sober
Make twilight of the day.
Dark dreams and shadows tenser
Throb through the vital scroll,
Man's soul.
Life, shake a subtle censer
That hides the cruel coal!
Still sweeter when the Bowman
His silky shaft of frost
Lets loose on earth, that no man
May linger nor be lost.
The barren woods, deserted.
Lose echo of our sighs–
Love–dies?–
Love lives–in granite skirted,
And under oaken skies.
But best is grim December,
The Goatish God his power;
The Satyr blows the ember,
And pain is passion's flower;

When blood drips over kisses,
And madness sobs through wine:–
Ah, mine!–
The snake starts up and hisses
And strikes and–I am thine!

One should visualize the most uncomfortable and disturbing things they have ever been through in their lives, imagining that it is being imbued into the external world.

So,  having no snow   I just 'send it up'   for the  'Gods ' so they can partake of the feast of  pain and passion  that physical  incarnation offers . ( I think that's why we are here .)

Then, the practitioner will begin the exercise to heat the snow by projecting qi into the area. Eventually, the heat will melt the snow and this represents the memories being dissolved into nothingness.

Personally through, I dont want my painful memories being dissolved into nothingness . Offerings (for me ) do not remove memories . Painful memories are what made me , along with  good ones .  I might share the experience, but the memories remain .

I created this spell for my own benefit and I can say, for me, it does work very well. It is also worth mentioning that hail is viewed as a creation which is the result of Yin and Yang colliding together,

Cool !  I mentioned before about collecting the hail as it falls from the sky and smashes the bloodwood flowers .  Even at other times , I will rush out in hail and put a bowl out to catch some for some ' stormy ice water ' .

I always that was fascinating. If a Taoist wished to “Call The Winds” he or she would make use of magical hand gestures known as “Hand Seals” There are eight different hand gestures that control the eight different directions of the wind, each seal corresponds to a trigram within the Bagua. For example, to invoke the powers of the Southeastern wind, the practitioner would attempt to re-create the trigram of "Xun" (Wind/Air) with his or her fingers. As the hand gesture is performed, an incantation should accompany it, there is more to it of course but you get a general idea. 

Similar is done in western magic , mostly with  ' body mudra'   ie  a 'pose '  (based on a 'God force ' ) but often include  a hand and finger shape , especially  'triangular' 

Jay-Z%25E2%2580%2599s+Roc+Illuminati+Pyr

(  note plain black robe  ..... no 'fancy pants '  here  :)  )

• Like 3

Does anyone want to contribute to a list of main  emotions and main types of weather ?   Then when we have a list, we can start corresponding one lot to the other .

I am thinking  for a start

Love

Hate

Happiness

Dissapointment

Excitement

Lethargy

Joy

Anger

Hope

Fear .

Hot

Cold

cyclone

clear weather

(types of ) wind

snow

hail

frost

probably heaps more . Maybe we need to settle on a number first ?  8  .... 10 .... 12  .... ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Does anyone want to contribute to a list of main  emotions and main types of weather ?   Then when we have a list, we can start corresponding one lot to the other .

I am thinking  for a start

Love

Hate

Happiness

Dissapointment

Excitement

Lethargy

Joy

Anger

Hope

Fear .

Hot

Cold

cyclone

clear weather

(types of ) wind

snow

hail

frost

probably heaps more . Maybe we need to settle on a number first ?  8  .... 10 .... 12  .... ?

Resentment 

Entitlement 

Regret 

Impunity 

Arrogance 

Nostalgia 

Frustration 

Hurt 

Gratitude

The healthy emotions of all life forms on Earth, ours included, are just two, seeking and avoidance, i.e. a relationship with aliveness and a relationship with death.  The third is a derivative, frustrated aliveness, manifesting as rage.  The fourth is a derivative, frustrated love, manifesting as anger.  The fifth is a mix of seeking and avoidance into one and the same stimulus and this one manifests as fear. The sixths is confusion, manifesting as seeking what you ought to avoid and avoiding what you ought to seek.  And then a myriad neurotic, muddled derivative-of-derivative emotions arise that are masks the original ones don when we hide from the pain of not having had our developmental needs met.  And the only way to do it is to hide from oneself.  And if you are hidden from yourself, you can't do serious magic, because your access to resources -- your genuine reality -- has been denied.  That's why efficient magic is so rare these days.

Taoist sciences specifically help circumvent this difficulty encountered by all folks who lost touch with their natural real emotional environment and live a made-up nonsense.  Here's how one would go about using the Five Phases, or wuxing, to do weather magic:

first, know thyself on these terms.  I'll use an example.  Say you're Yin Wood with Fire, with no Water, with adequate Earth and Metal.  Water is your Mother phase.  You have none.  Go for Water magic.  Why?  Why would you get specifically Water magic, for which you don't seem to be naturally equipped?  Figure it out.  You can't command your Mother phase, you can't boss it around, it won't obey.  But you can ask.  You can appeal to Water as a starving child of hers, you can beg.  You are the wounded shaman -- the absence of the Mother phase is the worst wound imaginable, yet it also means you are born equipped to go into that abyss because you have nothing to lose.  You don't need a "power quest" -- you were born into that, your whole life is a power quest or you don't even survive your infancy.  So, in order to control Water, someone who is of Wood phase has to lower herself lower than Water -- to the level of a seed buried in the ground -- and beg for the rain from the bottom of that bottomless need.           

Now Fire is a different matter altogether.  Fire is Wood's Child phase, you command it.  You can make it obey.  You can feed it.  So then why not go for Fire magic?  For the simple reason that every instance of Wood making offerings to Fire takes away from it.  Fire burns/destroys Wood.  So you can be a Fire magician -- at the cost of your own phase, your own Self.  Which has no Water to replenish it.  So what's your best approach to Fire?  Leave it alone.  Don't go there.  Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  

Earth is the phase you control -- Wood controls Earth.  Why not take Earth magic?  Not your strong suit, that's why.  You're Yin Wood, not Yang Wood.  Yang Wood is a mighty oak forest.  Yin Wood is, at best, bamboo, relying on its flexibility and adaptability, not on its powerful penetration into the Earth.  Its roots are not deep.  You would be a mediocre Earth controller, a weak Earth magician.

Metal is the phase that controls you -- Metal controls Wood.  Why not go fo Metal magic?  Pretty obvious why, right?  It's like asking bamboo to control the axe.  

So when you look at the whole picture through this prism, you know which magic is yours, if any, and why.  And you aren't surprised one bit when you beg the hurricane and it grudgingly grants what you're asking for.  There, there, cry-baby, shut up already.  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 9