Sign in to follow this  
MegaMind

Continuation

@MildMouse23 what do you think about a "Mo Pai FAQ"?

• We gather and distill a list of commonly asked questions from the community
  • Your group responds to the questions that it's willing and able, on your own terms
  • I'll post and lock the FAQ to prevent trolling and nitpicking (you can request edits/additions anytime)
  • You can link to the FAQ whenever these questions come up without derailing other topics
  • The community feels more satisfied that its questions are responded to, and we're not just being trolled

Just brainstorming, but seems that something like this could be part of a solution to both sides of the tension around this.

Sean

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sean said:

• Your group responds to the questions that it's willing and able, on your own terms
  • I'll post and lock the FAQ to prevent trolling and nitpicking (you can request edits/additions anytime)
  • You can link to the FAQ whenever these questions come up without derailing other topics
  • The community feels more satisfied that its questions are responded to, and we're not just being trolled

Just brainstorming, but seems that something like this could be part of a solution to both sides of the tension around this.

Sean

I actually proposed this before in an earlier thread for simplification of the forum and even ran it by him and the former ilovecoffee. I believe it's a good idea, but again, it depends on their willingness to share this information, and from the initial reaction, it didn't seem to be the case, but with your support, it may make a difference. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sean said:

Sean

Go ahead. If they accept it and actually answer some questions for a change that would be nice.

I have the feeling that they won't agree though by bringing up all kinds of excuses.

The funny thing is the original thread and this thread had nothing to do with Mo Pai and it kept getting brought up while I who this thread was addressed to wanted to not talk about it.

As for questions to be answered, I have no interest in Mo Pai, my questions that up to now are unanswered are related to life experience, which were ignored in favor of pushing for Mo Pai.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:41 PM, sean said:

Sean

I certainly appreciate that, but the problem here is the community here is hostile and a FAQ isn't going to change that one bit.

Example:

Hostile neocon: Did you hear those evil LIBRUL SOBS EAT BABIES!!!

Liberal apologist:  As per our FAQ number 21,  We do not in fact eat babies.  We are however support a woman''s right to terminate her pregnancy.

Hostile neocon:  YOU EVIL SOB!!! YOU SLAUGHTER CHILDREN!!!

Liberal apologist:  As per our FAQ number 28 we do not grant person-hood status to unborn fetuses.

Hostile neocon:  FAQ YOU!  YOU EVIL SONS O BRICHES NEED TO GET SHOT IN YER HEAD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU KILLIN BABIES!

Etc..

It isn't going to fix this mess at all, and it will still be necessary to explain our side when the topic comes up, even having a FAQ pinned.

A major concern is that if you choose to step down from the forum again and place people like Dawei and Kar3n in charge their solution will just be to ban members of our group whenever they speak out even politely and even when not violating any rules whatsoever.  Having a FAQ to hide behind in such a scenario won't help. The easy solution when conflicts like this come up is to ban the smaller group, and that is what will wind up happening again.

The only other solution I can see short of a complete moratorium here would be  a new rule instituted whereby ALL Mo Pai discussion that comes up gets moved to a private access sub-forum, and only allowed there.  I or another member would have admin status in this private Mo Pai sub-forum with the ability to remove people as they cause drama and troll. 

I can go ahead and tell you now that this is a terrible idea and you'll have several of the most vocal anti-mo-pai trolls screaming at the top of their lungs about their constitutional right to disrupt, troll, and cause problems in the mo pai sub-forum.  I know this because I've seen it happen in a group member's  PPD, where an entitled troll went on a rampage for having their posts removed.

The only real solution to this that I or any other member of our group can see is a complete and total moratorium on Mo Pai discussion here.

Edited by MildMouse23

I dunno.  A moratorium on Mo Pai discussion imposed from high sounds crazy to me.  On the other hand, individual members can -- and perhaps should -- institute their own self-imposed moratoriums on discussionless discussions from time to time.  Taking my own advice now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

I dunno.  A moratorium on Mo Pai discussion imposed from high sounds crazy to me.  On the other hand, individual members can -- and perhaps should -- institute their own self-imposed moratoriums on discussionless discussions from time to time.  Taking my own advice now.

The only alternative to this is flame-wars that last hundreds of pages, thousands of posts, and span years. 

These are in my opinion every bit as disruptive to the community as the pro trump, right wing nonsense, and the solution for that was a moratorium, and banning the trolls behind it.

The behavior displayed by these hostile individuals in my opinion is exactly the same as the right wing reactionary nonsense,  same behavior just a different topic.

Edited by MildMouse23

I have a suggestion.

Would it be possible to stop dealing in hypothetical discussions which haven't occurred or past discussions which happened with different players, and focus on the present discussion?

I'm not about to hold my breath on this, but I do believe it would be beneficial. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Under no circumstances should a moratorium happen.

Sean is being generous enough on allowing a FAQ.

I personally don't want this forum to become a WMP recruitment ground.

They already have their forum and reddit threads.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Zork said:

The only alternative to this is flame-wars that last hundreds of pages, thousands of posts, and span years. 

We have a private forum, and I don't know of any threads on reddit that we created.

Also there is no such thing WMP, there is only MP.

Edited by MildMouse23

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Would it be possible to stop dealing in hypothetical discussions which haven't occurred or past discussions which happened with different players, and focus on the present discussion?

This is just a pretext for them to play martyr and achieve their goals.

No one is hostile here towards Mo Pai after the "second coming of Sean".

Indifferent? Sure!

Edited by Zork
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

Once upon a time, I would have preferred this forum not be a recruitment ground for another group (for my own reasons). It is, however, covered in the terms of service and rules area, and people can and will make their own decisions..

1 minute ago, Zork said:

Hi Zork,

Our "goals" are merely to politely defend ourselves, our practice, and our teachers, and continue to look for like minded people who want to pursue this path.

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Once upon a time, I would have preferred this forum not be a recruitment ground for another group (for my own reasons). It is, however, covered in the terms of service and rules area, and people can and will make their own decisions..

I just stated my preference. What seems to be the problem? <_<

Is the moratorium acceptable to you? If it is, then it must be covered in the rules area that you mention.

IMHO it is completely unacceptable and creates a precedent.

Edited by Zork

6 minutes ago, Zork said:

Indifferent? Sure!

Hi Zork, I'm finding I would prefer if people spoke for themselves, and left room for others to do the same. 

BTW I'm not seeing much indifference in this thread...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Hi Zork, I'm finding I would prefer if people spoke for themselves, and left room for others to do the same. 

BTW I'm not seeing much indifference in this thread...

You are confusing my opposition to WMP recruitment as hostility to Mo Pai.

There is a world of difference! B)

1 minute ago, Zork said:

There is no such thing as WMP, only MP.

We aren't actively recruiting, we merely try and passively keep an eye out for like minded people who want to seriously pursue this practice.

5 minutes ago, Zork said:

I just stated my preference. What seems to be the problem? <_<

Is the moratorium acceptable to you? If it is, then it must be covered in the rules area that you mention.

A couple pages back I already stated my thoughts on the idea of a moratorium:

And why are you assuming a problem with my sharing of similar thoughts I had with a different group? 

Was sharing to indicate understanding...

Do you need to be petted a certain way for the shackles to go down?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zork said:

This is dishonest communication. You assume, and state as fact, confusion on my part before questioning and communicating to ascertain if confusion actually exists.

And I don't find it B).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zork said:

I would agree on the basis of creating a precedent... any group can come in here and demand a private area and THEY be moderators of practice they have no official position in, and were told by indigenous practitioners to stop talking it here.   So who do we listen to, the original indigenous practitioners or those who claim the need to run around the internet to defend themelves?

IMO, neither.  We let folks come and talk and ask questions they want on life, practice, spirituality, etc.    Folks just need to follow the rules.  It would seem better for folks to be true to their practice and own up to their own actions. 

As to precedent: We had a similar problem once.  A thread became incredibly overrun by folks coming in and want to hijack and trash a thread and the practice it was about.   It was moved to a PPD.   Natural and common step.  That member naturally became moderator. Nothing special done.  Use the forum as it is intended.  Of course there is room for something new and different but I personally do not see it here.  But I'm happy to go along with the decisions.

Edited by dawei
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

A couple pages back I already stated my thoughts on the idea of a moratorium:

And why are you assuming a problem with my sharing of similar thoughts I had with a different group? 

Was sharing to indicate understanding...

Do you need to be petted a certain way for the shackles to go down?

I obviously don't care about your opinion. Once again why do you comment on my personal preferences?

14 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

This is dishonest communication. You assume, and state as fact, confusion on my part before questioning and communicating to ascertain if confusion actually exists.

And I don't find it B).

Dishonest?

No. You don't understand.

You claim to.

You just don't.

Sign in to follow this