Sign in to follow this  
MegaMind

Continuation

Usually it is a 12 year old in a quest for super powers. Video games and movies taken far too seriously!  

One instance I know of is that an individual blew out a heart valve after stressing his cardio system far too much while doing so called MoPai. Costly mistake both in terms of health and costly surgery. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

MoPai true believers protecting their cult of secrets. 

You are kidding but you have no idea about the awesome powers they have unlocked!

Now they are waiting the second coming of JC*/jk :lol:

*JC=John Chang! What were you thinking?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ralis said:

MoPai true believers protecting their cult of secrets. 

As per our FAQ:

We are a group of rational freethinkers. 

We encourage skeptics to practice and see for themselves.

We want people to base their beliefs on their own observations, and on the best evidence available to them. 

We do not want anyone accepting anything as true based on someone else's personal testimony, because a book says so, or on faith.

We do not worship any humans, demigods, gods, goddesses, demons, spirits, etc. 

No one is required to pay homage to anything or anyone.

We do not charge money, and we do not accept donations.

In our opinion this makes us as anti-cult as it gets.

1 minute ago, MildMouse23 said:

As per our FAQ:

We are a group of rational freethinkers. 

We encourage skeptics to practice and see for themselves.

We want people to base their beliefs on their own observations, and on the best evidence available to them. 

We do not want anyone accepting anything as true based on someone else's personal testimony, because a book says so, or on faith.

We do not worship any humans, demigods, gods, goddesses, demons, spirits, etc. 

No one is required to pay homage to anything or anyone.

We do not charge money, and we do not accept donations.

In our opinion this makes us as anti-cult as it gets.

I found a picture of mild mouse.

banksy-lying-rat.jpg

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ralis said:

Usually it is a 12 year old in a quest for super powers. Video games and movies taken far too seriously!  

One instance I know of is that an individual blew out a heart valve after stressing his cardio system far too much while doing so called MoPai. Costly mistake both in terms of health and costly surgery. 

People mix and match practices and Mo Pai gets blamed when they get sick.

5 minutes ago, ralis said:

Is this for real? :o

If this is real there are serious legal implications!

2 minutes ago, MildMouse23 said:

People mix and match practices and Mo Pai gets blamed when they get sick.

Do you have clairvoyance too? :P

Man that is what i call unlocking powers! :lol:

23 hours ago, MildMouse23 said:

According to Chinese thought, there are basically two types of
training involving our vital energies: ch’ikung and neikung.

ch’ikung centers on the development and control of yang ch’i (also
called lii ch’i or “fire” ch’i), while neikung involves the joint employ-
ment of yang ch’i and yin ch’i
(called “water” ch’i or kann ch’i)

The Magus Of Java Page 22

You left out some very telling comments on this page... that its a blurry line where Qigong and Neigong differ; That like Yin and Yang, the two are impossible to separate... but the distinction is likely to say one is a higher art of the other.

He also mentions in that chapter how the two teachings brought to Shaolin by Bodhidharma were Qigong methods (Yi Gin Ching) and Neigong methods (Shi Sui Ching), claiming the latter was mostly lost among kung fu lineages.   That may be generally true but it was not lost among all lineages.   The first [western] Medical Qigong master I studied under had done marrow cleaning and iron shirt.  So clearly certain neigong methods are not even lost today for westerners.    

MP is not based on Shaolin, or is it?  (I guess that is my first question.  Just not sure why the book wants to mention this as I don't really think it is complete accurate.)

Daoist more modern neigong uses Ming and Xing or dual cultivation.  So no secret was lost among those lineages.  But these are more transmutation of energy methods and not what MP is about.  Just saying there are other lineages using neigong.

I've read of someone who studied under Jim that the Qigong methods used in MP are widely known among lineages because they are basically meditation methods for the LDT.   I tend to agree.  I did some of this under the second Medical Qigong studies but was more MCO, 'rolling the drum', etc.   Building up the energy in the LDT is rather basic or foundational to many energy arts.

So, it seems well established that MP L1-3 are Qigong.   As your group only has a handed down version of L1-3, it would be good to openly and directly talk to that.   Meaning, you did not learn directly from Chang, nor tested by him, nor corrected by him... which might make some achievements or progress harder to gauge.  But it doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you want to do... but for example:

Chang's abilities are cited as at least including:

• Pyrokinesis
  • Telekinesis
  • Ability to Heal people western medicine can’t
  • Rudimentary Levitation
  • Communicating with a Kris (a type of dagger imbued with a person’s spirit)
  • Communicating with Spirits
  • Electrogenesis
  • Astral Travelling

Which of these can one do if they truly get through L1-3?

For your group, how many can do any of the above?

For yourself, how many of the above?

Other lineages/systems can lead to these as well because they also grasp Yin energy as something to work with.   This was so fundamental to my Medical Qigong training that I assumed this was wide-spread knowledge.  

I would say that for myself, I might say I've some level of experience with four but not suggesting to be exactly what Chang does as I didn't learn from him.

Why not start with talking about L1:

Isn't it essentially meditation... and no 'movements' ?   Meaning it is 100% sitting?

I read someone wrote:

sit /meditate then focus on your Dan Tien, this is an obscure area that you wont feel for some time, reverse breath to start packing energy into that general area, when there is a good deal of energy packed their day to day you will feel hints of it , as you progress so shall it. You’re going to be in the 20-300 hour of practice range to notice it, you’re going to be in the 200-800 hour range of practice to fill it. Do it at whatever pace you feel like(10 mins a day to 24 hours a day) it’s your art form at that point and your body. If something hurts lay off somewhat, like anything you do. And simply put 1. is Grounding 2. is closed circuit 3. is Generating capacitating – This is Level One and it should keep you busy for 1-7 years or 200-800 hours ruffly 

Within your group, I've read:

the four key aspects as:  Borderline waking/sleeping state, Focused concentration, Grounding, 72 hour rule

And the same have mentioned:

generally train for 4+ hours and still can't make it to deep trance so it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination.... Deep trance is something that is going to take somewhere around 10 hours of straight meditation for a beginner to achieve. What most of you think is the borderline state or deep meditation is really not even light trance.  If you're diligent it's probably going to take you a year or longer to start hitting the borderline state. Keep in mind that it will also take around 10 hours of more or straight meditation... There is no way to really tell when you hit level 2, the only sure way to know is to log 4000 hours in real meditation.

23 hours ago, MildMouse23 said:

I am going to re-write the FAQ soon, with the new questions posted being the at the top.

Why not write-up the FAQ in terms of sections with similar questions in 'chapters'... this would seem to work better in a MS Word file.   But it seems fundamental would be: "What is Level 1 Practice"... your group seems to confirm and share this as I note above.

My outsider perspective is it is Meditation focused on the LDT to build up energy and the time spent in 'deep trance' state.   

What time of the day is best to perform this?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, MildMouse23 said:

"Could you tell us a little bit about the nature of the practice itself? "

What is it you specifically want to know here?

Another bullshit non answer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Pretty much anything would be good.  Does it involve doing a movement form or is it a kind of sitting meditation?  Does it involve a special kind of breathing, visualization?  What kind of time commitment is involved to do the practice?  Suppose someone knows nothing -- like me -- and you wanted to give them a general overview so that they could decide whether the practice was for them.  What would you say about it?

So ... luke supplies what is requested  ....

5 hours ago, MildMouse23 said:

Unfortunately that won't be something we could go into in public.

and another BS non answer ... even after supplying info requested .

• Like 4

I was glancing at some of the posts on this latest Morepie  thread yesterday and saw a post that stood out as excellent!  Someone wrote that these morepies are twelve year old boys who have been watching too many sci fi movies and want to have super powers.  That was a big AHA moment for me, and it explains everything. It explains why they they are so immature and unethical, and why it is impossible to reason with them. If you try to reason with them they react in the same way they would as if their parents were to try to reason with them, with disdain, disbelief, and rejection. Of course there must be a smattering of teenagers and adults who are either twelve years old emotionally or who are scamming those kids.

Synchronicity strikes again, a friend just wrote this on FB.  "Having kids makes you realize how dumb your lies used to sound to your parents."  The kids won't understand this statement.

So I have a message for the children lurking here, who may have some maturity.

It has been said many times by the Morepie promoters, that chi kung only works with yang energy, and nei kung works with both yang and yin energy, but that is an absolute lie.  Most chi kung does work with both yin and yang energy.

Another thing is that it is claimed that Mo Pai is a system of nei kung, but that is another giant lie, it really is just a simplistic system of chi kung.

Don't believe those lies, kids.  If you are really interested in what real nei kung is be advised that I just wrote a book which explains it.  The last two thirds of the book goes into a great deal of detail as to exactly what real nei kung is, and its differences from chi kung.  You can learn about what a real nei kung master is like, and about the super powers that they have, which makes John Chang's tricks look like child's play. Oh wait ... never mind.

The book is titled "The Magus of Seattle" and I just lowered the price to the lowest level in order to make it easier for you to buy it.  Check it out on Amazon now, or forever hold your piece  = )

Edited by Starjumper

I see that Mighty Mouse removed the link in his signature which was for taking suckers to his FAQ forum.  Did anyone here happen to get a copy of that which they can share?  thanks.

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I see that Mighty Mouse removed the link in his signature which was for taking suckers to his FAQ forum.  Did anyone here happen to get a copy of that which they can share?  thanks.

It's still there, probably not displaying if you are reading on your mobile or tablet. For your reference, it's here, but you won't see anything different from the usual non-answers over the years. http://mopaifaq.forumotion.com/t1-mo-pai-faq

• Like 1

Faqs available here  ....

Q . Hello, I would like some facts please .

A. What do you want to know ?

Q. Oh .... anything about it you would like to tell me .

A.  Sorry, that is not public information . 

1361621414_c723d73871_z.jpg

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I was glancing at some of the posts on this latest Morepie  thread yesterday and saw a post that stood out as excellent!  Someone wrote that these morepies are twelve year old boys who have been watching too many sci fi movies and want to have super powers.  That was a big AHA moment for me, and it explains everything. It explains why they they are so immature and unethical, and why it is impossible to reason with them. If you try to reason with them they react in the same way they would as if their parents were to try to reason with them, with disdain, disbelief, and rejection. Of course there must be a smattering of teenagers and adults who are either twelve years old emotionally or who are scamming those kids.

Synchronicity strikes again, a friend just wrote this on FB.  "Having kids makes you realize how dumb your lies used to sound to your parents."  The kids won't understand this statement.

So I have a message for the children lurking here, who may have some maturity.

It has been said many times by the Morepie promoters, that chi kung only works with yang energy, and nei kung works with both yang and yin energy, but that is an absolute lie.  Most chi kung does work with both yin and yang energy.

Another thing is that it is claimed that Mo Pai is a system of nei kung, but that is another giant lie, it really is just a simplistic system of chi kung.

Don't believe those lies, kids.  If you are really interested in what real nei kung is be advised that I just wrote a book which explains it.  The last two thirds of the book goes into a great deal of detail as to exactly what real nei kung is, and its differences from chi kung.  You can learn about what a real nei kung master is like, and about the super powers that they have, which makes John Chang's tricks look like child's play. Oh wait ... never mind.

The book is titled "The Magus of Seattle" and I just lowered the price to the lowest level in order to make it easier for you to buy it.  Check it out on Amazon now, or forever hold your piece  = )

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

It's still there, probably not displaying if you are reading on your mobile or tablet. For your reference, it's here, but you won't see anything different from the usual non-answers over the years. http://mopaifaq.forumotion.com/t1-mo-pai-faq

Thanks, I had been looking for it while signed out so didn't see it.  I see they are filtering the questions and using them to promote their lies.  Nothing new there.  I think Mighty Mouse smells like coffee.  I love coffee.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Thanks, I had been looking for it while signed out so didn't see it.  I see they are filtering the questions and using them to promote their lies.  Nothing new there.  I think Mighty Mouse smells like coffee.  I love coffee.

I don't drink coffee at all, I do like Chai Tea though.

18 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

These should appeal to people with twelve year old mentality:

This led to Mighty Mouse being banned in the 80s. In context, he found something while looking for someone, and he had no idea about this flower he crushed into dust, decided to try it, and it made him crazy.

hmmmmm

MIGHTY-MOUSE-7.png.jpg

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Haha 3

On 9/26/2019 at 11:59 AM, dawei said:

You left out some very telling comments on this page... that its a blurry line where Qigong and Neigong differ; That like Yin and Yang, the two are impossible to separate... but the distinction is likely to say one is a higher art of the other.

He also mentions in that chapter how the two teachings brought to Shaolin by Bodhidharma were Qigong methods (Yi Gin Ching) and Neigong methods (Shi Sui Ching), claiming the latter was mostly lost among kung fu lineages.   That may be generally true but it was not lost among all lineages.   The first [western] Medical Qigong master I studied under had done marrow cleaning and iron shirt.  So clearly certain neigong methods are not even lost today for westerners.    

MP is not based on Shaolin, or is it?  (I guess that is my first question.  Just not sure why the book wants to mention this as I don't really think it is complete accurate.)

Daoist more modern neigong uses Ming and Xing or dual cultivation.  So no secret was lost among those lineages.  But these are more transmutation of energy methods and not what MP is about.  Just saying there are other lineages using neigong.

I've read of someone who studied under Jim that the Qigong methods used in MP are widely known among lineages because they are basically meditation methods for the LDT.   I tend to agree.  I did some of this under the second Medical Qigong studies but was more MCO, 'rolling the drum', etc.   Building up the energy in the LDT is rather basic or foundational to many energy arts.

So, it seems well established that MP L1-3 are Qigong.   As your group only has a handed down version of L1-3, it would be good to openly and directly talk to that.   Meaning, you did not learn directly from Chang, nor tested by him, nor corrected by him... which might make some achievements or progress harder to gauge.  But it doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you want to do... but for example:

Chang's abilities are cited as at least including:

• Pyrokinesis
  • Telekinesis
  • Ability to Heal people western medicine can’t
  • Rudimentary Levitation
  • Communicating with a Kris (a type of dagger imbued with a person’s spirit)
  • Communicating with Spirits
  • Electrogenesis
  • Astral Travelling

Which of these can one do if they truly get through L1-3?

For your group, how many can do any of the above?

For yourself, how many of the above?

Other lineages/systems can lead to these as well because they also grasp Yin energy as something to work with.   This was so fundamental to my Medical Qigong training that I assumed this was wide-spread knowledge.  

I would say that for myself, I might say I've some level of experience with four but not suggesting to be exactly what Chang does as I didn't learn from him.

Why not start with talking about L1:

Isn't it essentially meditation... and no 'movements' ?   Meaning it is 100% sitting?

I read someone wrote:

Within your group, I've read:

And the same have mentioned:

Why not write-up the FAQ in terms of sections with similar questions in 'chapters'... this would seem to work better in a MS Word file.   But it seems fundamental would be: "What is Level 1 Practice"... your group seems to confirm and share this as I note above.

My outsider perspective is it is Meditation focused on the LDT to build up energy and the time spent in 'deep trance' state.   

What time of the day is best to perform this?

I would of thought 9 days was enough to at least answer some questions when they are asked for.  I'm not sure if it was just missed.

The last question seems more relevant to understanding how well energy is understood.   Daoist like 4am for lung hour exercises and Taiji at 3-6am across all of china.   But Mopai has not comment?

It seems to me, there will be a best time to perform Level 1 practice.    There are so many ancient text that have essentially said this:

Zi (i.e. 11 P.M.-l A.M.), 
Wu (11 A.M.-l P.M.), 
Mao (5-7 A.M.), 
Qiu (5-7 P.M.), 

four timings, are the four doors for the Yin and Yang’s entrance and exit.

What say your group?

• Like 2

On 12/8/2019 at 4:12 AM, MegaMind said:

Taomeow posted a link to a video seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/kuleshova.training/videos/420349398507508/

The post was titled "And that's why I shun "new and improved interpretations" and "combining practices" and "a creative approach" to any original sources"

The video showed a teacher making motions as if they were riding a motorcycle.

The next person transmitted this information to the next person, and so on and so forth, with each transmission they changed it just a little bit, until at the very end it had devolved and bore no resemblance whatsoever to riding a motorcycle, and looked more like someone washing a window.

I made a comment that the art I study has a problem where authors who never studied the art taught information that bore no resemblance to the actual art, and others defend this info and these authors as legitimate authorities.  I also mentioned how others alter and edit original instructions to change them into something new and different.   I told Taomewo her video explained how teachings are corrupted and misinformation is transmitted.

You raised a point about people relying on videos, and videos can be faked. The best way to tell you said was in person demonstrations by the teacher.

I explained a teacher doesn't have the time and energy required to do a personal demonstration for millions of individual seekers who most likely would never seriously commit to practice.

I explained as far as evidence goes, video gathered with scientists and medical doctors present to do their best to rule out fraud is the gold standard, and all other forms of evidence ultimately boil down to personal testimony.

I stated to another individual that the best option is to record actual teachings on video so they are not altered or changed by people who "know better"

The points of attunements and transmissions being a thing were raised.

I stated people also believed in homeopathy, crystals and magnetic and copper bracelets, but that was all delusion and placebo.  

I explained that all real attainments come from having correct information and diligent practice.  

I explained again how a video prevents misinterpretation and re-transmitting incorrect information.

You took issue and claimed that things cannot be learned via video.

I pointed out that people obtained masters and even PhDs in our most challenging subjects by watching videos of recorded lectures in their online college classes.  

At this point liminal_luke brought a specific practice into the discussion, and the blood was in the water at that point.

At which point I created a new thread to continue the conversation, which was a huge a mistake.

It resulted in a 14 page flamewar, and as a result we were asked to make a FAQ which we did.

That is my best attempt at summarizing things.

As I said the first time in the other thread, if you want to talk, do it in your own thread, don't derail the one you originally invaded.

Your summary here omits and changes many details, and while it is moot to discuss it with you based on your lack of respect and refusal to apologize, I am replying as a courtesy.

However, you still do not indicate that you want a dialogue for understanding, but instead to force your view and reject my perspective, which you did by omitting details that can be seen in the first two pages alone of this original thread. 

Until you actually want to discuss in a manner that shows you want to have a more cordial and amicable, reconciliatory way with me and others here (like your friend ilovecoffee did to his credit), I won't reply further to you here or elsewhere unless you derail other threads that I am active on. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this