nunya

Protection against the misuse of Chi

3 hours ago, nunya said:

In the physical world, if someone is bigger or stronger than you or has trained in martial arts, and you haven't, and they decide to attack you, you probably won't stand a chance against them. 

So in the energetic world, if someone is stronger and has trained for years in energy work and wants to attack you, how do you protect yourself when you're overpowered? Is it even possible? 

In my experience one cannot separate energetic and physical.  Had a very good tai chi teacher for about 10 years,  the only person I have met that could express internal power.  But sometimes people would come into the school, and be in such a poor physical condition that he made them do physical exercise to strengthen there physical bodies, because physical and energy are all one thing.

Just my two cents from over 40 years of martial arts, and sitting meditation.  but you are much more likely to encounter someone who can harm you physically than someone with "evil chi" doing something to  you. 

So maybe not worry about what could happen, but focus on what is going on right now. combine some physical development like yoga, swimming. weight lifting, running, or even dance with your internal work.  from my experience it all flows together.  good luck

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Zen Pig. I have been cycling, running and dancing this past year to strengthen my physical body. While I appreciate I am more likely to encounter someone who can harm me in the physical world, it is the latter experience I am going through. However, trying to find someone with enough knowledge and internal power to help me--let alone believe me--is proving nigh on impossible. 

The human body is very beautiful but just look how fragile it is in this vast cosmos, we are so small, our ideas are so big, but we are tiny cuddly monkeys.   So we are very protected of course, in many ways, otherwise we would never live for a minute.  Many forces protect and try to instruct us.

If you have problems again and again, attract attacking people ... there is a message for you.   What is it that you benefit when this happens ?   Is it easier to feel small then to grow ?   Is there some deep wounds that need to be met, that are unavoidable ?   What is it that holds you in this place ?

Nasty powerful beings are not that common, but what use do they have for hurting little people, it is boring for them.   Just wait and they will leave, just be a "grey man", let it all pass before you.   Do not judge them, mostly they are hurting inside and are lopsided inside so not really that dangerous, the bark is worse than the bite.

You can become more true, more real.  Life is growing, and you with it.   Every moment is an opportunity to fully express yourself.   Is there something that you refuse to express, either positive or negative .... why don't you flow ?

When someone is bad just avoid them, and as you walk away send a true prayer to them that they may find the way again.   Pray, silently for them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nunya said:

In an ideal world, chi will be used to heal. But what about when chi is intentionally used to harm? Is there a way to protect ourselves? 

When qi is used to harm others, it becomes destructive to the user. Most often it's a subtle destruction, and it doesn't end their life right away or something. Every practitioner should protect themselves against this by choosing to be peaceful rather than violent. Having a negative attitude turns qi into something damaging...having true virtue and being good toward others keeps it healthy.

Some people are able to harm others by invisible means, either intentionally or unintentionally. Intentionally, they could do things like curses. Unintentionally, their negativity could simply be strong and could become attached to you by accident.

The way to protect yourself from that is to have a large enough qi field that everything just bounces or sluffs off of it, and doesn't affect you. Another way is by having spiritual connections...friends in high places. A simple way of doing this would be to pray, and intend for it to go to the highest and most beneficent beings who want to help you...for the monotheist, it could be God. Regardless of what one believes, it's true that genuine prayer changes the heart of the person doing it...having virtue as a result of praying is a protection.

So: be positive and good, develop yourself through practices, and have spiritual help and virtue.

6 hours ago, nunya said:

In the physical world, if someone is bigger or stronger than you or has trained in martial arts, and you haven't, and they decide to attack you, you probably won't stand a chance against them. 

It's good to exercise so that one isn't completely physically weak. But there will always be someone who could defeat you...in reality, the legal system prevents them from doing it very often.

Sometimes the means to winning a fight is to never have the fight start in the first place. You said, "they decide to attack you"...the question is, why would they?

Let's say you could be walking down a dark alley in a bad part of a violent city...okay maybe someone will decide to attack you then, because they want money. Or let's say you're talking trash to some stranger at the bar...they might decide to attack you and teach you not to be so rude. Or you broke apart a marriage by seducing some wife...yeah you're probably going to get attacked, because that's horrible behavior.

So don't do things that would make being attacked more likely.

There's a chance that you could be attacked without you being at fault, too. Life throws all sorts of curveballs at us.

I tend to think that spiritual cultivation prevents even this...not only preventing invisible negativity from impacting you, but it also keeps the violent away from you, or even changes them in your presence. But sometimes despite our cultivation, and despite not doing things that would make being attacked more likely, things happen to us.

6 hours ago, nunya said:

So in the energetic world, if someone is stronger and has trained for years in energy work and wants to attack you, how do you protect yourself when you're overpowered? Is it even possible? 

It can be a frightening experience...but you will probably find that you're still standing after it, so: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Best to not do things that would provoke such an event. For instance, don't be showy. Be respectful. Don't infringe on others in any way. Stay positive, virtuous, and connected to your friends in high places.

I think we often tend to run across information we need when we need it...so you'll figure it out, and will more or less learn what helps in such a situation, in the moment.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nunya said:

I'm probably opening myself up here for ridicule, but I genuinely need help--and not of the psychiatric type. 

In an ideal world, chi will be used to heal. But what about when chi is intentionally used to harm? Is there a way to protect ourselves? 

Would love any insight or thoughts on this. Thanks!  

Like with the physical world, if someone is bullying you, you need someone bigger to keep the bully away (or teach you to deal with it). In chi terms, that is someone stronger or working with a "divine being".  Is it still the same person that you mentioned from the other thread?

• Like 2

Qi is Movement between the poles of any Polarity, like Electricity is.

How can we protect against the misuse of Electricity?

Or Convection?

And in the body, there are many polarities, all featuring various Movement.

How can we protect if these are misused?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nunya said:

I'm probably opening myself up here for ridicule, but I genuinely need help--and not of the psychiatric type. 

Would love any insight or thoughts on this. Thanks!  

One of the first stages in magical development .  It should be right at the beginning.

First you need to energise and build up your own power.  Work on  a surrounding 'field'. Some see it as an egg shape out on the edge of the 'aura', a light blue or reflective surface , or even mirror surface . 

later on another stage is developed relating to absorption and  'cancellation'  by  'neutralising the 'opposite energies' .

I can give reference to practices and exercises but the are in the western magical tradition. If you prefer an eastern system, I am sure there are others here that know about that .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wandelaar said:

So not believing in it will help. But maybe there are real Empty Force masters, don't know...

Ahhhh   .  the old    'toe switching'  method      :D  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zen Pig said:

In my experience one cannot separate energetic and physical.  Had a very good tai chi teacher for about 10 years,  the only person I have met that could express internal power.  But sometimes people would come into the school, and be in such a poor physical condition that he made them do physical exercise to strengthen there physical bodies, because physical and energy are all one thing.

Just my two cents from over 40 years of martial arts, and sitting meditation.  but you are much more likely to encounter someone who can harm you physically than someone with "evil chi" doing something to  you. 

So maybe not worry about what could happen, but focus on what is going on right now. combine some physical development like yoga, swimming. weight lifting, running, or even dance with your internal work.  from my experience it all flows together.  good luck

Yeah . 

"Armed'  on all levels ;

A strong and individual spirit and psyche that is not dominated by others. 

Clear and balanced emotions that are not caught up in  or manipulated by others.

A deep and penetrative intelligence and developed mind that is not easily distracted from its purpose.

And a fit healthy body that has learnt to use its functions correctly  (working or defending itself ) .

A few times I have had would be bullies  try to get something over on me   ( I dont worry about trivialities, I am talking more serious stuff )   I have said ' have a go' and explained the above to them. They gave me a confused and unsure look and   backed off    :D   (as bullies prefer to manipulate the weak ) . 

One should be protected on  all levels (one level really).

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nunya said:

Having my thoughts read, having my own energy overridden on a whim, daily pain from psychic attacks, and occasionally friendlier behavior--but still what I would call an attack, as it is without my permission. One of his former students labelled him a narcissistic psychopath. I think she hit the nail on the head.

Well, that sounds like a mess. 

sorry to hear that you are going through this.  My original post was not intended to say that I didn't believe you, but until your last post, I had no idea what your experience was.

don't know to much about today's  qi gung,  but I have heard that there is a way that older people who are trained can steal chi or energy from other beings, like water buffalo, in order to have more vitality. 

I have ran into at least two other people in my life that sound like your teacher.  and they are controlling and manipulative, and have no soul. I suspect that they are damaged beings trying to gain power and control out of there own fear of death, of life, of being alone,  or simply being seen as less than they are. 

wish I had a better answer for you....

When I was young and doing kenpo, I met a "master" who creeped me out right away. I later learned that he had a secret room in his dojo where he had sex with younger boys that he was teaching.  This was a very strong Hispanic neighborhood, and the boys dad found out what he was doing to his son and came into the dojo with an ax and almost killed this so called "master".  the teacher  later served time in jail. 

Sometimes in order to break this kind of energy,  you got to get pissed, and take action. not saying you should go after this shit hole with an ax, but your own energy is stronger than you think it is. he sounds like a bully, and bully's are insecure, and the ones i have had dealings with back down when you let them know that you are not to be messed with, but you got to really mean it.  that's all I got. let us know how it works out.  

I'd say that it's important to just tell this guy he's crossing your boundaries and he doesn't have your permission to do so, that you aren't twin flames and that you have zero interest in him, and that you think he's being an energetic vampire and he must leave you alone - not just physically, but even energetically. Then stay away from him in the real world; break off all communication for the rest of your life.

Things will get better.

• Like 5

The best thing to do is empower yourself.  Place your faith/trust in God or some divine being you vibe with.  They are more powerful than him!  The more you think about this guy and the experience, the more fuel you give the connection.  Go outside, enjoy the day. Take yourself and friends out and laugh, have a good time.  Feel sorry for this poor old fool, and wish him the best as you leave him behind.  The change has to start with you.  This guy only has as much power as you give him.  Shift your focus to something else :) Good luck

• Like 4

Thanks again everyone. I cut him out of my physical life almost a year ago by quitting his course, but cutting him off energetically has proved more difficult. 

On 05/01/2019 at 12:57 PM, Zen Pig said:

I have ran into at least two other people in my life that sound like your teacher.  and they are controlling and manipulative, and have no soul. I suspect that they are damaged beings trying to gain power and control out of there own fear of death, of life, of being alone,  or simply being seen as less than they are. 

You've confirmed my own feelings and worry on this, Zen Pig.

• Like 1

Positive virtue and subtle siddhis that are good are meek. They do not announce themselves. People who embody these spiritual traits wish no harm on others. The *strength* we see in a cultivator, such as mental or physical siddhis from a powerful qigong (or other) teacher, can be bothersome and irritating to the mind and soul.

Once we have made an energetic connection with another, the mind can easily connect with that energy with any thought of that person. I know the difficulty in breaking these connections. In time, with a refocused mind, one can be free. 

Some good suggestions have been made herein. Please know that you don’t need another teacher’s mantra. Sunlight, fresh air, nature, pets, family, gentle exercise, any of your favorite (positive) activities. Above all else, try the simple act of connecting to yourself or your north star. :) 

What you say to your teacher is less important than what you positively do for yourself.

Edited by rainbowvein
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is great advise from rainbowvein

Once we have made an energetic connection with another, the mind can easily connect with that energy with any thought of that person. I know the difficulty in breaking these connections. In time, with a refocused mind, one can be free. 

Energy seals, If we can remain empty so there is nothing to hit is the key. Abandon all thoughts of this person negative or positive to not give it any energy. If the attacks continue use  emptiness, it is not you, lead that energy to emptiness. When his energy hits this space it will amplify as it travels back to him with no resistance or thoughts of your own.

Even the energy of this thread is an attraction, it will keep you connected, cut the root. To not mess with  your own karma and destiny do not identify yourself as doing something about it, remove the target, lead the negative energy to emptiness and let it ground out. Good luck, the situation is changing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Make a concerted effort to breath into the abdomen on a regular basis.

In sitting silence imagine a sheet of paper that has any agreements and Co-mingling of energy between you and the person you have been speaking about - then imagine/know/see it burn up and be done with - not out of resistance but simply null and void and no longer in agreement.

You can physically do this if it makes it more real - a small note pad or sticky note: “all agreements and energetic entanglements are now null and void and I am no longer in agreement to any association”

Then burn it up literally.

Breathing into the abdomen regularly will help to burn up fears and the outer edges of those things that bare down on your limits.

It will also strengthen your general energetic fields and subtle bodies.

Breath your energy around you somewhat close to around a foot or so out from the gross physical. For most people further than that makes them “spaced out”.

Be good to yourself and abide in a higher vibration. Cast aside victim hood - breath into the abdomen as though you are breathing in a fresh cool stream.

This person has little power but great confidence. His problems and delusions are not yours. 

But do see what confidence is capable of - breath into the abdomen and build your energies - have them and feel the soles of your feet under you. 

Be good to yourself and treat yourself and you will come to your Self. Siddhis both seen and unseen are simply abilities - all of them are capable of seduction - as well as great insight and creativity.

It is not so far as you think that one day you can eat demons for breakfast and then have a cup of tea for desert. This guy is nothing substantial - move from the shade he casts.

Move to the light you radiate.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rainbowvein said:

Please know that you don’t need another teacher’s mantra. Sunlight, fresh air, nature, pets, family, gentle exercise, any of your favorite (positive) activities. Above all else, try the simple act of connecting to yourself or your north star. :) 

Hi rainbowvein, nice to see you. It's been awhile. :)

Regarding the mantra I shared, in the practice it evolves to connecting with and recognizing one's inner essence.

Everyone starts where they are, and there is generally a progression.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Once we have made an energetic connection with another, the mind can easily connect with that energy with any thought of that person.

It certainly seems more true when you believe it to be true. Best to just go with the idea that this isn't happening here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow. This experience seems to be like mine. It is tough one. It is not easy to face that kind of people. I almost die from this. I think will not help simple methods, they are evil people. It is possible that they went on a wrong path and need energy from other people. This experience bring me to find qi gong and taoism, even prayer, hard to admit-it-i used to be an atheist. I read a book, who i find very usefull for this subject- The anathomy of evil in our times, by Adam Michaelis, an antroposophist. You may find an explanation for this kind of behavior, for the perils of many so called spiritual paths, in this era of "new age bullshit". I dont think the problem is yours, but him's. This book seems to be hard to read, maybe too christian biassed, but it is rewarding one as informations who provides in relation with "evil". Also, i think may be will be usefull to go on therapy with a person who knows this sort of phenomena.