greatsaiyaman

Anger as Power

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, greatsaiyaman said:

Hello. And thank you. I am working on releasing anger now because something inside of me says that they may be right about it. I believed anger was power because it is a very raw emotion. The most raw emotion, or at least one of them. I felt dat anger could be transmuted depending on how you observe it. If you don't attach the anger to the negativity itself, but simply view it as a raw emotion of power. You could then,mentally, take that vibration of dat emotion for the purpose of elevating your soul power and then it becomes a positive thing. Although I could be wrong. It has been something I've experimented with and I admit it did have some strange side effects as well as feeling too fiery. Excess fire. So. My new approach is emotional content, in the context that Bruce lee taught. You don't have to be angry to be passionate. You don't need anger to draw out strength or vigor. You don't need anger for raw power. It may look like anger, but it's not the same.

 

OK, thanks for the clarification.  To me it sounds like you are doing well with this, you have some basic knowledge, thinking about it you have some ideas, you have experimented and got results which you have analyzed and noticing "strange" side effects you stepped back for further analysis, and have already worked out some new ideas on the subject, looking to investigate further, you've decided to join Dao Bums in the hopes of getting some good feedback and direction for further study and research.  Does that about sum it up?

 

ZYD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zhongyongdaoist said:

 

OK, thanks for the clarification.  To me it sounds like you are doing well with this, you have some basic knowledge, thinking about it you have some ideas, you have experimented and got results which you have analyzed and noticing "strange" side effects you stepped back for further analysis, and have already worked out some new ideas on the subject, looking to investigate further, you've decided to join Dao Bums in the hopes of getting some good feedback and direction for further study and research.  Does that about sum it up?

 

ZYD

Pretty much. And i would also like your feedback on my post about Destiny and if the law of attraction doesn't always work for some things because those things are not in our Destiny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anger makes deep ravines in the subtle bodies - feeding anger in the belief that it is empowering will result in great effort to break apart those ravines and the immense habituation to them. 

 

raising ones energy as a barrier - as in no longer tolerating something - and expunging trace energies around you into presence - that is a tool of a form of anger.

 

One can - go RED - it is a color of cleansing one can utilize in the subtlebodies to clear, remove or deflect energies.

 

One can go RED IN a energy Center and not be IN the frequencies - lost IN or identified with the momentum’s of it.

 

Anger for the most part is an identified state - and puts one to disadvantage in nearly any fight of equal strength. The energy of anger at rage is complete dissipation and loss of Self.

 

Last second direction of any surge of energy with wilfulness is a receipe for ill health.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 10:29 AM, wandelaar said:

Why do you think anger in itself is not bad?

good question

Edited by Yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 9:49 PM, greatsaiyaman said:

Hello. I have read from a few sources that anger is depleting and "negative" and although I agree that anger can be destructive if not properly controlled. I believe that anger can be transmuted into raw spiritual power. I also believe that anger can be just as useful as love. Ppl preach constantly to let go of anger..I personally feel that anger can be used to transform chi to even greater heights.

 

Thoughts?

Anger is the feeling you get when you are internally blocked.  Imagine your qi moving through your meridians, until they get c*ckblocked by blockages.  Then you can imagine the feeling that arises from within you.  So, it is a symptom of BLOCKED PERSONAL POWER & thus POWERLESSNESS - the opposite of power.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anger also narrows vision. It is easy to lead drunk and angry people. when one is peaceful awareness opens. Being very aware of energetic and intentions of others is power, narrow vision does not allow for this to happen.

 

loss of power occurs as anger releases toxicities to the mussels and sets off an internal nuclear weapon harming mostly ourselves and makes us weak and vulnerable to attack.

 

Never make any decisions when angry it brings more anger into our lives

 

Never make decisions with fear it brings the fear to reality in our lives

 

Be careful

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gendao said:

Anger is the feeling you get when you are internally blocked.  Imagine your qi moving through your meridians, until they get c*ckblocked by blockages.  Then you can imagine the feeling that arises from within you.  So, it is a symptom of BLOCKED PERSONAL POWER & thus POWERLESSNESS - the opposite of power.

 

I see almost all varieties of energy along a spectrum... so anger too. 

 

It can range from initial gut reaction to dangerous situations (that then respond along a spectrum) to middle of the road, BS semi-rage reactions (let's not forget road-rage as one of the more banal ones) to reactionary feelings of injustice (and some of that is nothing to do with justice but our minds may create the idea) to pissed as hell to ... and now we get more towards suppressed and holding it in stuff... and overloaded and ready to explode.    It is a symptom of completely open and free to Blocked;  I would say that the former is more powering and the later more powerlessness.  

 

Anger can be powerful when it is rightly sourced and released.  Particularly if it holds no grudge thereafter, because that means it can come with compassion as well.    Whether one should more often be of a disposition to not feel the rising need of anger may be a different issue (or is it?).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gendao said:

Anger is the feeling you get when you are internally blocked.  Imagine your qi moving through your meridians, until they get c*ckblocked by blockages.  Then you can imagine the feeling that arises from within you.  So, it is a symptom of BLOCKED PERSONAL POWER & thus POWERLESSNESS - the opposite of power.

 

Ah yes, there it is.  Like when you want to kill some little prick but can't because they're hiding behind the silver screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 

Ah yes, there it is.  Like when you want to kill some little prick but can't because they're hiding behind the silver screen.

Please clarify your statement.

Do you want to kill one of us?

Or am I taking this out of context?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steve said:

Please clarify your statement.

Do you want to kill one of us?

Or am I taking this out of context?

 

Consider the word kill to be an exaggeration, think of it more like 'beat the fuck out of'.  It's not about you, you're good to go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 

Consider the word kill to be an exaggeration, think of it more like 'beat the fuck out of'.  It's not about you, you're good to go.

 

Of course it’s not about me, it’s about you.

No one else.

Until you see that, you’ll never really understand inner work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, steve said:

 

Of course it’s not about me, it’s about you.

No one else.

Until you see that, you’ll never really understand inner work.

 

Tell me darling, what the FUCK makes you think I don't know that?

 

This place and it's kindergarteners is really getting to me.

Edited by Starjumper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

 

Ah yes, there it is.  Like when you want to kill some little prick but can't because they're hiding behind the silver screen.

 

56 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 

Consider the word kill to be an exaggeration, think of it more like 'beat the fuck out of'.  It's not about you, you're good to go.

 

Why is our former admin of this site liking the 2nd post?

 

Please explaini @dawei

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

 

Why is our former admin of this site liking the 2nd post?

 

Please explaini @dawei

 

I've known Steve (SJ) a long time... across several forums.  I'm used to his expressions and meaning.  He clarified it was an exaggeration.   I believe him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 

Tell me darling, what the FUCK makes you think I don't know that?

 

Because you act like a child.

No self control, no self-awareness.

Is this what mastery of your teacher’s neigong looks like? Big bold letters and threats of physical violence? 

 

52 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

 

This place and it's kindergarteners is really getting to me.

 

Maybe you need a break.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

I've known Steve (SJ) a long time... across several forums.  I'm used to his expressions and meaning.  He clarified it was an exaggeration.   I believe him.  

And you condone threats of physical violence?

Oh, right - it’s only beating the fuck out of someone. You get his meaning, cool.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steve said:

And you condone threats of physical violence?

Oh, right - it’s only beating the fuck out of someone. You get his meaning, cool.

 

Where do you dream up condone ?  We're all here online...  He's hidden in some god forbidden mountain with no chance of taking any true action on another, other than maybe a papaya...  relax a bit.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I appreciate dawei vouching for Starjumper and also know him a little bit to say that Starjumper is actually a decent guy offline generally, as a principle, I do believe dialing back the hostility and violent words is probably a good idea (speaking from personal experience/my own rage in recent history that is easily seen in the past couple months here or in my activity). 

 

Starjumper, I get you're losing interest in this place, but if not for the sake of letting everyone breathe a bit since it makes them uncomfortable, it might also be a good idea to tone down the anger and fighting words at least for marketing your work and hermitage because that can be counterproductive to recruiting students or selling your book. This is me speaking as a friend, not reprimanding you, and looking out for your potential interests. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, dawei said:

 

Where do you dream up condone ? 

The like button

 

Quote

We're all here online...  He's hidden in some god forbidden mountain with no chance of taking any true action on another, other than maybe a papaya...  relax a bit.   

I feel we should show each other some minimal degree of respect. 

Even Steve’s empty threats are still threats, and unacceptable.

 

 

Edited by steve
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, steve said:

Because you act like a child.

 

Lao Tzu says the sage acts like a child, so stick it.

 

5 hours ago, steve said:

No self control, no self-awareness.

Is this what mastery of your teacher’s neigong looks like? Big bold letters and threats of physical violence? 

 

I can see you aren't a Taoist.  Tell me, what fairyland spiritual tradition do you belong to?  Or is it just that you've been brainwashed into thinking political correctness is a 'thing'?

 

 

Edited by Starjumper
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

While I appreciate dawei vouching for Starjumper and also know him a little bit to say that Starjumper is actually a decent guy offline generally, as a principle, I do believe dialing back the hostility and violent words is probably a good idea (speaking from personal experience/my own rage in recent history that is easily seen in the past couple months here or in my activity).

 

I saw that and understand it, and it's a good idea, BUT it can be taken too far.  Anyway, this place is a good training ground, and there are ants that need stomping on.  Some of the stupid things that the ants say is great, after the annoyance subsides, for going on thought trips, for getting the gray matter working.  In fact I've had some great ideas about this subject which kept me from sleeping.  I think I'll answer to them in the Weather thread, which is in the Taoism section and where there are more friendlies.  In addition, consider that a lot of what I write which looks like anger is just some happy insulting, done with a smile and a pure heart.  That's not to say that sometimes I DO get angry.

 

Quote

Starjumper, I get you're losing interest in this place, but if not for the sake of letting everyone breathe a bit since it makes them uncomfortable, it might also be a good idea to tone down the anger and fighting words at least for marketing your work and hermitage because that can be counterproductive to recruiting students or selling your book. This is me speaking as a friend, not reprimanding you, and looking out for your potential interests. 

 

Well, here it is definitely a trial when you're surrounded by simple minded kindergarteners.  I've kind of given up on using this place for recruiting students.  I live too far away from everyone and this place mainly attracts the armchair crowd.  My book and volunteer website have gotten a couple of people interested in being serious students.  They would be here any minute, but I closed the doors due to the virus.  The way I feel now I don't even want to be bothered with close, live in, students.  Concerning selling the book or videos, this place is low on the list of marketing potential.  Although I do feel like I have a new book to write.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dawei said:

Anger can be powerful when it is rightly sourced and released.  Particularly if it holds no grudge thereafter, because that means it can come with compassion as well.    Whether one should more often be of a disposition to not feel the rising need of anger may be a different issue (or is it?).  

 

Good things you are on to there, too bad it goes over the heads of most of the constituents.  In fact I'm going to address some of these ideas in a long drawn out blog, which I'll share in the weather thread.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I saw that and understand it, and it's a good idea, BUT it can be taken too far.  Anyway, this place is a good training ground, and there are ants that need stomping on.  Some of the stupid things that the ants say is great, after the annoyance subsides, for going on thought trips, for getting the gray matter working.  In fact I've had some great ideas about this subject which kept me from sleeping.  I think I'll answer to them in the Weather thread, which is in the Taoism section and where there are more friendlies.  In addition, consider that a lot of what I write which looks like anger is just some happy insulting, done with a smile and a pure heart.  That's not to say that sometimes I DO get angry.

 

I get it. It's hard for others to know because we only see words on a monitor screen (or phone or tablet...), but your intent and who you are become a little harder to glean given that digital barrier. 

 

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Well, here it is definitely a trial when you're surrounded by simple minded kindergarteners.  I've kind of given up on using this place for recruiting students.  I live too far away from everyone and this place mainly attracts the armchair crowd.  My book and volunteer website have gotten a couple of people interested in being serious students.  They would be here any minute, but I closed the doors due to the virus.  The way I feel now I don't even want to be bothered with close, live in, students.  Concerning selling the book or videos, this place is low on the list of marketing potential.  Although I do feel like I have a new book to write.

 

Sure, maybe the more vocal and active members here are not the people you've determined would be your students or purchasing copies of your book, but there are also the silent minority (and oftentimes silent majority) who are reading things from lurking. They aren't even logged in--they're seeing this from Google searches, too. 

 

I only discovered recently that I have a reputation offsite because some people have told me how they heard about me from the forum or finding my name in websearches. 

 

Consider the above because you have a bigger audience than you may believe. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 

Lao Tzu says the sage acts like a child, so stick it.

The sage is child-like.

Your behavior is child-ish.

Big difference.

You’re no sage.

 

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I can see you aren't a Taoist.  Tell me, what fairyland spiritual tradition do you belong to?

Funny, disrespecting your own teacher and tradition with your childish behavior  isn’t enough? Now you want to insult mine? The beauty of your presence here is that it disproves the very premise of this thread. Your anger betrays weakness, not strength. 

 

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

 Or is it just that you've been brainwashed into thinking political correctness is a 'thing'?

Political correctness relates to over-protecting victims who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against. That buzzword doesn’t apply here. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, steve said:

The sage is child-like.

Your behavior is child-ish.

Big difference.

 

... keep grasping at your straws Stevie, you're going on my new ignore + restraint list.

 

5 minutes ago, steve said:

You’re no sage.

 

You wouldn't recognize an enlightened person even if they punched you in the nose.

 

I on the other hand, recognized one each time.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites