Raindancer

Thoughts on past "supernatural" experience?

I was not sure if this place or the "Newcomer corner" was best fit for this thread, if I picked the wrong one I apologise in advance.

I have talked about this with people before, usually as clueless as me as to what it could've been, but I thought that maybe someone here would have a better answer.

When I was 10 or 11 years old, one October or possibly November evening I was walking alone outside when a light appeared behind me, bright enough to colour everything before me. When I turned around I saw that it was a shining blue sphere a few meters away from me, 2 to 4 meters above the ground (hard to judge, but it was above my height and a bit away from me, but not too far). I remember looking at it, in awe, until it went away. I can't remember if it faded or quickly disappeared, but it filled me with excitement and joy. It might also have made me warm, but that I can't be sure if I remember that right or if that is just me being very fond of the memory.

No one was around, so I ran home to tell my father. Telling him didn't give me much. "Probably a weather balloon" I recall him saying, which I didn't understand at all, since the thing I saw definitely wasn't a balloon.

I've since tried to make sense of what I saw, the closest explanation I've found is ball lightning. There was no thunder that evening, but what else could it have been?

Any thoughts?

I was walking from an apartment complex towards a parking lot, if you mean where on the planet: Sweden.

The object was obviously in the air on its own and not coming from a flashlight or similar (which adults also gave me as an explanation when I talked about it in that age, which made me stop talking about it).

Edited by Raindancer

Some things shouldn't be talked about if we don't have enough information to make what we are saying sound logical.

It was you opening your heart (chakra). The blue in your case represents heart energy. It was really the energy spilling over into your mind creating the vision. The light was external to you because you were not yet consciously able to accept/integrate it. What you want to do is pull that blue light ball into your heart and let it open and expand. 

Any particular practices that you do now? May be able to make some recommendations that fit with it. 

• Like 1

If all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Raindancer said:

I've since tried to make sense of what I saw, ..

I stay open for the information to come in from it - rather than try and figure it out with my own limited tools deciding what something is or means.. Then again, I've been having a lot of conversations up here with all kinds of energies. :lol:

• Like 3

If it was bright enough to colour everything around, how could you tell that it was a sphere?

2 hours ago, rene said:

Nailed him there!

Furthermore, the heart is at the centre of the body and particularly central to the nervous system (both exoterically and esoterically), so it (sometimes known as the anahata centre) is considered to be green (like the centre of the visible light spectrum). ☮️

768px-Anahata_Mandala.svg.png

Edited by Daemon

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Some things shouldn't be talked about if we don't have enough information to make what we are saying sound logical.

I'm sorry if I misunderstand something, do you mean I shouldn't talk about this now or are you referring to when I talked about it after I saw it at age 10/11? I don't know if I would ever find out more about it on my own, should I just keep events like this to myself forever? How would I ever be able to learn if I did?

I'm curious as to what it could've been, that's all.

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

It was you opening your heart (chakra). The blue in your case represents heart energy. It was really the energy spilling over into your mind creating the vision. The light was external to you because you were not yet consciously able to accept/integrate it. What you want to do is pull that blue light ball into your heart and let it open and expand. 

Any particular practices that you do now? May be able to make some recommendations that fit with it. 

That's an interesting thought that I'm not familiar with. Could such things open at any time? And why would they open?

I do not do any practices that I think would cover those sort of things, also, this was around 15 years ago, would such practices still be beneficial?

3 hours ago, rene said:

3 hours ago, rene said:

I stay open for the information to come in from it - rather than try and figure it out with my own limited tools deciding what something is or means.. Then again, I've been having a lot of conversations up here with all kinds of energies. :lol:

I agree with that, I guess that's why I ask others, since I don't know. (or did I misunderstand you now?) I want to learn, I want to know. If I can't know, that's fine, but I thought it was worth a shot.

I've never seen that blue sphere since, so all I can do is think. I guess I'm too curious for my own good. Do you mean that I somehow should be able to communicate with this energy?

3 hours ago, ernobe said:

If it was bright enough to colour everything around, how could you tell that it was a sphere?

It gave off a blue shine that made things appear blue, it did not blind me and I could tell that it was a round object, it did not hurt to look at. I suppose it could've been flat, a cylinder or even a round hole in the air, but I assumed that it was a sphere since that's what felt most natural to me since most round objects that are not bound to the ground are spheres.

2 hours ago, Daemon said:

Nailed him there!

Furthermore, the heart is at the centre of the body and particularly central to the nervous system (both exoterically and esoterically), so it (sometimes known as the anahata centre) is considered to be green (like the centre of the visible light spectrum). ☮️

-

Was the hammer and nail reply a reply to the heart chakra reply? I'm getting confused, haha.

44 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

That's an interesting thought that I'm not familiar with. Could such things open at any time? And why would they open?

I do not do any practices that I think would cover those sort of things, also, this was around 15 years ago, would such practices still be beneficial?

Yes, such things can open at any time.  It is more about releasing issues and fears. On such practices still being beneficial, the answer is yes as your heart is currently open. Having an open heart is a necessary first step to higher levels and broader energy work.  Sort of like a major inflection point.

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Yes, such things can open at any time.  It is more about releasing issues and fears. On such practices still being beneficial, the answer is yes as your heart is currently open. Having an open heart is a necessary first step to higher levels and broader energy work.  Sort of like a major inflection point.

So once they've opened they stay open? What practices is it I should be doing and what is it those practices should lead to?

As mentioned I have never heard of this before, so I really have no clue. Is there any good place I could turn to to read about it?

Also, Daemon mentioned the heart chakra being green, and rideforever just now said that I would not have been able to turn around to watch the source of the light if it had been the heart chakra, could it still be? I don't know what to think, really.

• Like 1

I have seen ball lightning it moves randomly and vanishes. My teaches always warn if we have any kind of supernatural visions or experience to wipe them out, we have no business, When people enter altered states it is damaging to development and leads people away from the true path.

The goal is to simply become a better person so lightning shooting out of someones eyes or lighting a piece of paper on fire with your chi is a useless skill. Just more distractions, all of it IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daemon said:

Nailed him there!

768px-Anahata_Mandala.svg.png

As an aside, in the Guru Yoga I'm aware of (allowing for variations I'm unfamiliar with) heart/mind blessings and empowerments are blue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

So once they've opened they stay open? What practices is it I should be doing and what is it those practices should lead to?

As mentioned I have never heard of this before, so I really have no clue. Is there any good place I could turn to to read about it?

Also, Daemon mentioned the heart chakra being green, and rideforever just now said that I would not have been able to turn around to watch the source of the light if it had been the heart chakra, could it still be? I don't know what to think, really.

Not necessarily on staying open, but you can be easily now felt as transmitting at the heart.  As an experiment if you want, I could sort of reflect that transmission back to you so that it might be easier for you to notice it.  Practice types are often better picked within a system/framework, but in general I would recommend some energy practices over silent meditation or mantra work at your current level.

I simply disagree with both Daemon and rideforever. But, each to their own.  Your heart is open, so I would suggest that you trust your own instincts on such things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I have seen ball lightning it moves randomly and vanishes. My teaches always warn if we have any kind of supernatural visions or experience to wipe them out, we have no business, When people enter altered states it is damaging to development and leads people away from the true path.

The goal is to simply become a better person so lightning shooting out of someones eyes or lighting a piece of paper on fire with your chi is a useless skill. Just more distractions, all of it IMO

So it would be damaging to find out more? I've heard that ball lighting is able to hover and be still, but the way that sphere appeared to me didn't scream "lightning".

I've never thought about using chi(?)/chakra(?) for such things and I'm honestly not interested in it. I'm interested in a more simple and calm life, but still an aware one. I just wondered what it was that I experienced. 

Are you also of the belief that this could be what the others mentioned in this thread (chakra?), or was the last bit just a warning?

Edited by Raindancer
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, rideforever said:

If it had been the heart chakra then as she turned the light would have also rotated and stayed always behind her.

How did you arrive at this conclusion?

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Not necessarily on staying open, but you can be easily now felt as transmitting at the heart.  As an experiment if you want, I could sort of reflect that transmission back to you so that it might be easier for you to notice it.  Practice types are often better picked within a system/framework, but in general I would recommend some energy practices over silent meditation or mantra work at your current level.

I simply disagree with both Daemon and rideforever. But, each to their own.  Your heart is open, so I would suggest that you trust your own instincts on such things.

Alright, I'm not sure if I understand, but you may if you can! I'm not sure what I should be looking for or feeling, if my heart has stayed open for 15 years I suppose one gets used to that (?).

Thank you for your help. ^_^

Raindancer - maybe slow down, breathe for a bit.

You're getting a lot of ideas thrown at you that may or may not be valid.

Everybody here has their own "tool".

For some it's a blue hammer, for others its a green wrench.

Dont get sucked into something.

• Like 2

Just now, rene said:

Raindancer - maybe slow down, breathe for a bit.

You're getting a lot of ideas thrown at you that may or may not be valid.

Everybody here has their own "tool".

For some it's a blue hammer, for others its a green wrench.

Dont get sucked into something.

I've noticed ^_^ I'm a bit of a sceptic, but I'm open for suggestions. My mind is not easily turned by ideas without the consent of my inner being (hard to describe), but if I feel something, and it all feels right, that is what I will go on.

Maybe it was just a ball lightning, who knows. I'm open to ideas.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

So it would be damaging to find out more? I've heard that ball lighting is able to hover and be still, but the way that sphere appeared to me didn't scream "lightning".

I've never thought about using chi(?)/chakra(?) for such things and I'm honestly not interested in it. I'm interested in a more simple and calm life, but still an aware one. I just wondered what it was that I experienced. 

Are you also of the belief that this could be what the others mentioned in this thread (chakra?), or was the last bit just a warning?

Well you are already awesome. The Tao resonates with you. Return to simplicity, return to nature and it is fun to investigate things but do not allow others to get in your way.  I am on my way out now but I do look forward to talking with you. see ya

• Like 1