Lost in Translation

Can We Know Truth?

11 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I can't and won't argue against anyone else's use of the word or concept of magic.  There are too many definitions of the word to even consider each one.

Again, I have no problem stating that I do not know how something happened.  Instead of "It happened magically."

And I have no problem stating that  something happened 'magically'  when  I do know how something happened, when others do not .

:)

The words root is in Magi - 'biblically' it represents a compendium of beliefs and 'other knowledge' that was incorporated into The Alexandrian Synthesis  (  hermetics and other studies that emerged out of the knowledge amassed at the Great Library at Alexandria ) from 3 main sources ;

" Balthasar is often represented as a king of Arabia, Melchior as a king of Persia, and Gaspar as a king of India. "

Encyclopædia Britannica

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

So, back to gravity, if we have foreseen our future, what do we do in the present?

If we foresee our future then we follow the script presented us in order to realize it. That's why Doctor Who says to never visit your own future. Freedom to choose exists up until the choice is known, at which point it becomes fixed and immutable.

7 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

If we foresee our future then we follow the script presented us in order to realize it. That's why Doctor Who says to never visit your own future. Freedom to choose exists up until the choice is known, at which point it becomes fixed and immutable.

That rather looks like fooling yourself. Imagine someone else to visit your future, to write it down in separate letters and put those letters in closed envelopes with only the dates on it of the things that are predicted to happen. The letters in closed envelopes are then handed to you. Now if you are right you will still be free to choose how to behave and live as long as you decide to read those letters only after the predicted facts have happened. But I think it would be unreasonable to keep on believing in free choice, if everything turns out just as predicted in the letters!

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, whitesilk said:

So, back to gravity, if we have foreseen our future, what do we do in the present?

Gravitate?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wandelaar said:

That rather looks like fooling yourself.

Don't take this too seriously. I was paraphrasing the BBC television show 'Doctor Who.' That's a good show but I don't consider it cannon for how the universe really works. ;)

17 hours ago, whitesilk said:

You fine tune your gravitational nature to create an even more pleasing now. And now. and now. Where all of the power you will ever need, is.

Edited by Everything

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Gravitate?

I think you nailed it.

Gravity is something so easy to understand.

You jump and the gravity pulls you down.

The ground beneath our feet, supports us.

The planet spins in its orbit around the sun.

Everything has its own sound.

Take a spoon and hit the glass, it makes a different sound.

Take the spoon and hit the table, it makes a different sound.

And water is liquid and surrenders easily.

Our ability to see this with our eyes and so we know it.

Hear it with our ears and so we know it.

This gives us the confidence to say these things.

When we understand what we really want to understand, and know what we really want to know, then we feel the freedom to be who it is we really wanna be.

And if you feel the freedom you really wanna feel, then you will also always know exactly what you need to know, exactly when you need to know it, and your experience will then teach you that whatever it is you don't know, you also don't need to know.

When we sleep and rest, our breathing slows down, and we relax, and we feel rejuvinated.

In the same way we can relax into the arising of each new and now moment, which is always fresh and new.

And so we always meet the now moment in the newness that it really is. And there we experience it for what it really is.

A never before experienced experience, and thus yielding new and new experience, every single time.

And this surprises us and awes us, and inspires us with the never ending gift of new and new experience every single now moment.

And in this appreciation of what we experience in every now moment, now and now and now, then yields us ability to experience more and more of it, in evermore yielding ways. In ways that is perfectly aligned with the full blessing of our own unique individual values.

And it is these experiences that teach us forever more. And no amount of words can replace that which we know to be true.

We all have our own unique and infinitely valuable truth, carved out of our own unique and infinitely valuable life experiences into the our own unique and infinitely valuable preferences.

And so we gravitate towards that which we want to experience more of and in so doing gain new experiences and thus come to new conclusions and new preferences, which then again lead to new life experiences, and on and on.

Forever delighting you in an ever awe inspiring and always new and never before experienced way, that has ever been anything like it before. Ever. And only you can experience that. And so you value your own eternally and infinitely valuable own unique personal perspective, ever unfolding in ever delightful and perfect ways.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Everything said:

When we understand what we really want to understand, and know what we really want to know, then we feel the freedom to be who it is we really wanna be.

And if you feel the freedom you really wanna feel, then you will also always know exactly what you need to know, exactly when you need to know it, and your experience will then teach you that whatever it is you don't know, you also don't need to know.

10 minutes ago, Everything said:

And it is these experiences that teach us forever more. And no amount of words can replace that which we know to be true.

We all have our own unique and infinitely valuable truth, carved out of our own unique and infinitely valuable life experiences into the our own unique and infinitely valuable preferences.

Beautiful stuff.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. 

Lao Tzu

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Gravitate?

Perhaps the relativity theory is true, and light holds weight. How might one find truth in terahertz radiation? Conceptually, many kelvins would be proof enough. Suppose that our particles of matter are actually just particles of matter, and there is no binding force to keep our biology together. The unseen electromagnetic radiation that surrounds us in various ways influences us to experience 'now' differently from one atop Everest, and one in death valley. So as a mixture of various particles, how exactly might I realize and manifest into what we term life?

I believe because I am alive, there is a life force around us and through us. I am more that a mass of potassium and nitrates (whatever those actually are). So back to the original topic, I would like to offer my stance that absolution does exist in some form. Truth can be known by seeing clearly; connecting to the life force that pervades the many individual viewpoints on this planet. Even though our individual perception is flawed or does not exist, what ever was written six pages ago, an absolute truth can exist within or without my own viewpoint.

Or, as an afterthought, you could just eat a psychedelic fungus and think that your fingernails are peanuts. The choice is yours.

Edited by whitesilk
  • Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, Everything said:

Yeah, I totally agree. We can only perceive what we are ready to perceive, or hear, or think, or taste, or touch, etc.

We are vibration, so if you are in a sense not capable of understanding that we're all part of the same consciousness, then me saying it, woulden't make any difference. As words don't teach, only experience teaches.

So you reach some sort of ability to focus in a way, to reach a certain "feel" for your acces of infinite intelligence, and the clarity that comes with it, you just feel it, and you have no way of showing to people, "Hey look I drew a picture of the consciousness that allows me to receive all of this amazing information, ask him anything you want! This picture will speak right back at you!" Yeah... It doesn't work that way.

We just let the experience happen. And we flow with it. And we just do it for the fun of it.

Like having a conversation of inspired idea after another, and both conversators feel better and better, up to a point, they are having the same thought at the exact same time! And then they think "Huh? But who thought the thought first?" It doesn't work that way. Everything is the same consciousness. Everyone is the same consciousness. Everything is the same consciousness.

Fortunately there is an "ancient science" to this "truth" - the book "Taoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality" gives the training details. It doesn't have to be just vague woo-woo New Age mysticism. The training is very specific and so is the logic.

Why can't I put whitesilk on my ignore list?! :angry:

I am getting the message:

You are not allowed to ignore that member.

I had something similar some time ago. Is he/she something special?

21 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

Taoist YOga: Alchemy and Immortality

Da Lui refers to that book in tai chi chuan and meditation. Good read?

Edited by whitesilk

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Why can't I put whitesilk on my ignore list?! :angry:

I am getting the message:

I had something similar some time ago. Is he/she something special?

There is obviously a lesson for you in the near future and it requires that you see posts from Whitesilk.

Sometimes in life we cannot ever find the logic in what happened but it happened anyway.

3 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Da Lui refers to that book in tai chi chuan and meditation. Good read?

yes the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality is free online. The lineage offers it for free - just search it. The lineage has a couple websites as well for more details. This is the crucial training book.

As for this thread - as I pointed out - Western axiomatic logic has paradoxes due to time inherently involved. So Schroedinger tried to ignore relativity - he got his wave equation from Louis de Broglie who was critiquing relativity. So now de Broglie's pilot wave model is being rediscovered since it includes relativity. With noncommutative phase logic at "zero" time there is always-already "non-locality" as Professor Basil J. Hiley points out and Hiley emphasizes this non-locality is still ignored by almost all quantum physicists. And so J.P. Vignier, the assistant of Louis de Broglie, states that relativistic quantum physics explains telekinesis, precognition, levitation, etc. Vignier states, with George Lochak, that the reason that paranormal phenomenon are rejected as "woo woo" is because scientists are afraid to lose their funding. But the scientists at SLAC - like Noyes - and Kauffman - and Oshins - they realize that DAoist neigong is actually modeled by noncommutative phase logic as relativistic quantum physics. So this is actually the opposite of "woo woo" - ironically. The skeptics like to try to dismiss paranormal phenomena but only because they do not know enough high level science! haha. I have 77 different scientists discussing de Broglie's Law of Phase Harmony - in relation to spiritual phenomenon.

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2018/01/summarizing-de-broglie-pilot-wave-law.html

Noncommutative phase logic is non-locality - and so proves that indeed you can be in two places at the same time.

Music theory, as Connes pointed out in his book, "Triangle of Thoughts," that I read around 2001 - music theory provides the "formal language" for quantum logic as noncommutative phase.

So I have explained this music theory logic before - as does Connes in his youtube lecture on music theory.

And the cover up of this noncommutative phase logic then launched Western symmetric math from the wrong music theory - from Philolaus and Archtyas, creating the Greek Miracle of the square root of two (with all the logical paradoxes of axioms).

On 2018-09-26 at 11:27 PM, Nungali said:

The words root is in Magi - 'biblically' it represents a compendium of beliefs and 'other knowledge' that was incorporated into The Alexandrian Synthesis  (  hermetics and other studies that emerged out of the knowledge amassed at the Great Library at Alexandria ) from 3 main sources ;

And here i thought Magi was of persian (farsi?) roots, denoting adherence to Zoroastrianism.

On 2018-09-26 at 11:36 PM, Marblehead said:

Well, I'm sure you know I don't biblically often.

2iwryf.jpg

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

There is obviously a lesson for you in the near future and it requires that you see posts from Whitesilk.

Sometimes in life we cannot ever find the logic in what happened but it happened anyway.

I very much doubt that everything in life happens for a reason, and  certainly not for helping individual people in their (spiritual) development. How could that even be so, when there are so many people who would all have there lessons presented to them and only one world in which all those lessons would have to happen at the same time? Lao tzu's saying of the straw dogs seems more appropriate. 

The internet certainly can be a big help in learning about all sorts of things, but you have to be very selective or else it will turn into an enormous waste of time.

Edited by wandelaar

14 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I very much doubt that everything in life happens for a reason, 

I must disagree on this point. 

Everything happens for a reason!

For example:I woke up at five this morning because my daughter decided she was lonely in her bed after a nightmare. 

A leads to B. 😁 

Now, does this have a deep spiritual meaning? 

No. 

• Like 1