Will

Is enlightenment really desirable?

3 minutes ago, rene said:

(my bold)

No, you cannot be offensive here. But that doesn't mean you have to be passive. There is another way.

As we move through energy - there are at least 3 ways: float along (passive) fight against it (offensive) and maneuver and manipulate the energy and the situation so we get where we want to be without expending excess energy. Doing so takes practice and skill. The first unlearned way, when it seems flow is against you, is to fight fight fight!

If you by chance see that is the only way to not be passive (and still get to where you want to be) then two things will happen. First, you will intentionally or unintentionally create situations that set up fight energy - by poking at others, or being offensive, or insulting - so that you can resist against it and interact in the only way you know how.

Its understandable if that is all one knows how to do then that is what they will do. But, the second thing that will happen is here, in TDB, doing this will also get you - or anyone else - banned. Quickly, and without hesitation.

It is possible to have lively debates and argue points and perspectives and ideas - without needing to use offensive personal attacks against another member. We have been doing it for years and you can too if you decide to. But ultimately the choice is always yours, to go or stay. If you decide to stay - and I hope you do - then work on your skills might be in order, to develop your own method to get where you want to be without having to resort to that which has no place in this forum.

Warm regards

im looking forward to the sensitive nerve when stimulated and gives same reaction what i got today, can you point me to that direction instead. Well it took me multiple days so i have no information how that happen or what i exactly need to do, so can i get a FREE PASS.

Im as lost as you guys are. And i don't think that lost kidds should play with banhammer.

15 minutes ago, allinone said:

im looking forward to the sensitive nerve when stimulated and gives same reaction what i got today, can you point me to that direction instead. Well it took me multiple days so i have no information how that happen or what i exactly need to do, so can i get a FREE PASS.

Im as lost as you guys are. And i don't think that lost kidds should play with banhammer.

Somebody HAS to swing the banhammer , the point is that someone does have that responsibility, not that anyone is perfect. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, allinone said:

You've had multiple free passes, AKA warnings. You are about to use them all up.

Swinging the ban hammer is a result of childishness in most cases, whether kids are involved or not. Stop banging on the door where the ban hammer is stored and you'll not have to worry about getting hit with it or who is swinging it. :)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, allinone said:

Thank you for finally showing us who you are, and your intentions for being here.

It might be that you are addicted to dopamine and adrenaline. You seem to get a little thrill out of insulting others; the thrill of the fight. Perhaps you use that feeling and think it's cultivation? No idea what that would be cultivating other than how to be an ass.

I wonder what would happen if you took your addiction to insulting others to face to face interactions and see how that stimulates you. It might not turn out the way you would like it to.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, rene said:

Thank you for finally showing us who you are, and your intentions for being here.

It might be that you are addicted to dopamine and adrenaline. You seem to get a little thrill out of insulting others; the thrill of the fight. Perhaps you use that feeling and think it's cultivation? No idea what that would be cultivating other than how to be an ass.

I wonder what would happen if you took your addiction to insulting others to face to face interactions and see how that stimulates you. It might not turn out the way you would like it to.

and that's not allowed?

---

i am finished conversations on this subject at least for today.

Edited by allinone

22 hours ago, cold said:

Is that a promise?

Do you keep your word?

I am hopeful on at least two counts, should you fail to modify your behavior.

They always come back. 

Even those who "delete all passwords" come back. 

Where else would they be? 

Instead of derailing this thread again, I will make a short comment here to the answer below :

Any punishment (as banning) can be done to punish the perpetrator or to protect the group. 

I do not belive a ban would change you,  but a person who exhibits aggressive behavior towards others might have to be separated from the group for the sake of the harmony of the group. 

Since there are people coming to this forum with hurts trying to heal, and in search of whatever,  conforming to the rules might make their stay more pleasant. They can face their daemons in real life instead of here. 

Edited by Mudfoot
Added cheap philosophy

2 hours ago, Mudfoot said:

They always come back. 

Even those who "delete all passwords" come back. 

Where else would they be? 

You seem know about impulsive decisions. So if you know that the act was done on temporal impulse then banning that person is like hitting the air with a fist. Its useless from start, the banning mentioning on me is a threat to instill fear, its liek a play for me so i play along.

2 hours ago, allinone said:

and that's not allowed?

---

That is not allowed.

Here are the forum rules you agreed to.

3 hours ago, rene said:

2 hours ago, allinone said:

and that's not allowed?

---

7 minutes ago, rene said:

That is not allowed.

Here are the forum rules you agreed to.

Just to clarify, insulting others to provoke fights is not allowed.

You are allowed to be an ass. Better to do that over in Off-grid.

Try the Talk Trump thread. There are other Asses over there who seem to enjoy the same rush you do.

Be warned however, the forum rules apply throughout TDB; including the Off-grid section.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rene said:

Just to clarify, insulting others to provoke fights is not allowed.

So in your opinion i should make friends?

1 minute ago, allinone said:

So in your opinion i should make friends?

I think that's up to you. :)

Perhaps it's best now to get back on topic, or take a break from this thread so others may continue.

• Like 2

To quite the heart is enlightenment.

one will be warding off calamities and eliminating disasters.

Seek the refuge of the Heart. When one’s body and heart aren’t aligned, danger develops and one is unable to find deliverance. Like the wind or sea, the deep waters of an ocean flood, the fury of a blowing gale, and the billowing tidal waves, it is a great struggle to escape this turmoil. If one wishes to find refuge in the heart, they must know the heart,

To control the heart, it is necessary to take precepts and sit in meditation. A heart without understanding emits a flame, which chars and burns. So this cannot be done without water. Stillness is called water, which controls the chaotic blaze. This could be likened to strong sea winds and billowing waves blowing a merchants boat and terrorizing those on board. Suddenly the wind dies, the waves rest and the sea is calm all the way to the shore. The fire of the heart is a blaze; calm water descends unseen, changing this burning fire to the winds of wisdom, changing ignorance into innate wisdom. It transforms bodily desires into emptiness, changes the calamitous to the auspicious. Disaster is changed to fortune, sins are separated from families, calamity is replaced by profound wisdom, evil becomes virtue, excess and extravagance become honesty and sincerity, anxiety becomes joy, illness is recovered, famines are replaced with heavy harvests, demons disappear, immortals and buddhas are nearby, misunderstanding is clarified, and what withers is grown anew. This is the power of stillness.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen

2 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

To control the heart, it is necessary to take precepts and sit in meditation. A heart without understanding emits a flame, which chars and burns. So this cannot be done without water. Stillness is called water, which controls the chaotic blaze.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful! Huzzah, cheers, and all that!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

In the pursuit of enlightenment, all topics are 'on topic'. ;-)

Seems so!! :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rene said:

Seems so!! :lol::lol::lol:

The topic of revelation. Anything to go by, I am now inclined to give enlightenment a pass. 😀

• Like 2

🌕 Chan Master Hongzhi Zhengjue's poem :

☀ The water is so clear and transparent,
     The fishes have yet to appear.
     The sky is so vast without boundaries,
     The birds fly in it without leaving traces.

一一> This is the enlightened mind of the unity of Silent Illumination: within the clear transparent water and the vast open sky, there is motion一while the mind is silent, there is active illumination, which is luminous and spiritually animated.  

_/|\_ ❤ _/|\_

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Gunther said:

The topic of revelation. Anything to go by, I am now inclined to give enlightenment a pass. 😀

By Jove, I think he’s got it! I guess I can let the proverbial ‘cat out of the bag’ now Gunther. This whole thread was set up to show YOU the meaninglessness of pursuing some concept of ‘enlightenment’. Paradoxically, now that you have rejected the pursuit of enlightenment, we have to label you as enlightened.

All hail Gunther-ji! 

Today thedaobums, tomorrow - guruphiliac.org for you! Ohh yeah!! 

:P:lol::blink:

Yeah, that's how you're gonna start to look now that you are enlightened: :blink::blink::blink:
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ljazztrumpet said:

By Jove, I think he’s got it! I guess I can let the proverbial ‘cat out of the bag’ now Gunther. This whole thread was set up to show YOU the meaninglessness of pursuing some concept of ‘enlightenment’. Paradoxically, now that you have rejected the pursuit of enlightenment, we have to label you as enlightened.

All hail Gunther-ji! 

Today thedaobums, tomorrow - guruphiliac.org for you! Ohh yeah!! 

:P:lol::blink:

Yeah, that's how you're gonna start to look now that you are enlightened: :blink::blink::blink:

Yep, but since old habits die hard, I'm now gonna cultivate the virtues of the ancient Cynics(check out Diogenes)😀😀😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gunther said:

Or get information from more reliable sources? 

1 hour ago, Mudfoot said:

Or get information from more reliable sources? 

I resent the implication that more reliable sources of innuendo exist. By the way pay no mind to the fella with the lantern. He claims "he is looking for an honest man". I suggested Ireland and a fella name of "Wrong Way Corrigan".

47 minutes ago, cold said:

I resent the implication that more reliable sources of innuendo exist. By the way pay no mind to the fella with the lantern. He claims "he is looking for an honest man". I suggested Ireland and a fella name of "Wrong Way Corrigan".

Such is the myth.

But more likely he was being pragmatic and found carrying lantern very effective in the dark. In which case, what can enlightenment do for you???😀

Edited by Gunther

I'm not a mystic, but I am a legend.

In my own mind.

Mostly I don't matter and I don't mind that at all.

• Like 2