Will

Is enlightenment really desirable?

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

I love a dram of malt. Only the best. Used to buy the 200ml bottles so I don't get carried away. Been 6 months without. Just because I can😀

I rarely drink anymore either. It used to be I would have 2-3 drinks on a Friday night. A good bottle would last me a month or so. Now I've had the same bottle for almost a year. Getting old. But I don't miss it either. Which reminds me, next time I'm in Chinatown I should see what they want for Johnny Walker Blue... They have good deals in Chinatown, just check the seals before you buy, 'cause you ain't a gonna be able to return anything! :)

5 hours ago, Wells said:

I also agree that it's not so much about sessions of sitting down and meditating,

although that in itself surely helps too.

Instead, the method should be implemented into everyday living.

Yes, I agree. Although I do think formal meditation periods can be helpful in establishing a 24/7 clarity of consciousness. Being into spiritual healing, I look for physical and emotional healings that occur that are not treatable/cureable by modern medical techniques. Across the board it has been my experience that those who are able to effect healing in themselves and others have a very high quality of love consciousness as well as embodying an inner peace of mind and clarity that is palpable. These days a lot of my meditations are focused on ‘radiating out’ love to whoever/whatever comes to my mind. Doing this in a formal meditation helps me carry this over to when I am just going about my daily life. 

In my experience, raising the love consciousness seems to automatically take care of things I have previously tried to experience through intellectual understanding or other meditative practices - but I have found that there are just certain things my logical thinking mind will never be able to fully understand. This whole ‘path of the heart/living in the heart type practice has been a challenge for me because I’ve always been the type that likes to read and study all different concepts of spiritual and nondual teachings. I find the path of the heart is non-linear (which is a drag for my thinking mind as it likes linearity!) and consists of surrendering, not knowing (like, knowing with the mind), and total non-judgment. I do find all the intellectual study I’ve done has been a great help to me in the sense that I don’t align myself with any particular belief paradigms - so I don’t find myself relying on any type of ‘external power’ to help me. But I have deriven great help (and continue to derive great help) from other people/beings who live, or have lived, in a state of high love consciousness..Whether it be in person or through the written word. 
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Wells said:

I am convinced that in history many lay people by themselves intuitively found a similar and simple way to complete enlightenment, so I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to achieve that too if you invest enough time and energy.

Years back I felt very compelled to learn how the great spiritual healers got to the point that they did. Things kept being attracted into my life that brought me to have more illusions/blocks fall away. But, then, it got to the point where I felt it was too hard and I wanted to stop..I just wanted to live a comfortable, peaceful life. And, now, despite my feeling that this is too challenging to continue to pursue, I feel Life is absolutely forcing me to continue. It is like, 'Do this, or suffer.' And, to me, that's not much of a choice! No human really wants to suffer.. Point is, be careful what you wish before because you may reach the point of no return!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Marblehead said:

Please!!!  Stop your darned suffering!!! 

On ‎12‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 5:43 PM, Marblehead said:

The big question is:  Can you get beyond the suffering and just accept the existence of the pain?  There is pain because your body is telling you that something is not in balance. 

no,

when you want to taste sweets you are not allowed to consume that much that your belly would send a disgust feeling and therefore you don't want to eat them anymore.

That would be too late for to get a hand on peak sensation. And use your will to find a solution waht is before your belly comes to your aid and liberates you from incessant candy consumnation.

12 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I rarely drink

reading about drinking alcohol, got something in my neck and mouth sensation. So i prolly will have soon an unavoidable desire to go out and drink alcohol. 

7 minutes ago, allinone said:

no,

when you want to taste sweets you are not allowed to consume that much that your belly would send a disgust feeling and therefore you don't want to eat them anymore.

I have spoken against excess on many occasions.  It applies here too.

7 minutes ago, allinone said:

That would be too late for to get a hand on peak sensation. And use your will to find a solution waht is before your belly comes to your aid and liberates you from incessant candy consumnation.

Again.  Avoid access.  That way we can better enjoy experiences when they happen.

Just now, Marblehead said:

I have spoken against excess on many occasions.  It applies here too.

Again.  Avoid access.  That way we can better enjoy experiences when they happen.

it doesn't have to be candy, it can be the smell of cooked meat. The cure is different, at least for me the mouth starts water and that same water will take away the desire to eat meat, also meanwhile i went back and worth from being a pro meat and against eating meat, it is difficult.

I really can't decide if to eat or not while the strong desire is on. Same way when you die you will be pulled into female womb and that's also peak sensation we can pull our mind back and avoid that birth.

5 minutes ago, allinone said:

it doesn't have to be candy, it can be the smell of cooked meat. The cure is different, at least for me the mouth starts water and that same water will take away the desire to eat meat, also meanwhile i went back and worth from being a pro meat and against eating meat, it is difficult.

That's natural.  I no longer eat mammal meat.  Don't miss it either.

I really can't decide if to eat or not while the strong desire is on.

When hungry, eat.  But avoid excess.  Eat only enough to satisfy the need.

Same way when you die you will be pulled into female womb and that's also peak sensation we can pull our mind back and avoid that birth.

You need to talk with someone else about this stuff.

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

You need to talk with someone else about this stuff.

Probably, while consuming you lose intellect and go into instinct and do what you want and don't listen/hear anymore what is on earth. You also stop craving for others. You will be far off from discovering that there is a world.

1 minute ago, allinone said:

Probably, while consuming you lose intellect and go into instinct and do what you want and don't listen/hear anymore what is on earth. You also stop craving for others. You will be far off from discovering that there is a world.

I see you are using me as a mirror again.  I am growing accustomed to that.  It's okay.

I see you are using me as a mirror again.  I am growing accustomed to that.  It's okay.

i refuse to connect with you. So you won't get a sensation of that i speak with you. I ignore all statements you make when i need cause my heart fart.

Just now, allinone said:

i refuse to connect with you. So you won't get a sensation of that i speak with you. I ignore all statements you make when i need cause my heart fart.

Hehehe.

Whatever gets you through your day.

Just now, allinone said:

idea is to get you frustrated so you get brain stroke soon, due to old age you won't recover and die sooner.

So you enjoy pissing up a tree?

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Whatever gets you through your day

regular person wishes me a cancer without saying it out, its default mode of noncultivators.

what that means?

It means that any efforts to frustrate me are wasted efforts.  

Pissing up a tree results in the piss coming back down and getting you all wet.  Same as pissing into the wind; the wind blows it right back on you.

Just now, allinone said:

regular person wishes me a cancer without saying it out, its default mode of noncultivators.

You are such a freaking pessimist!

I hope you get s life pretty soon.

It means that any efforts to frustrate me are wasted efforts.  

Pissing up a tree results in the piss coming back down and getting you all wet.  Same as pissing into the wind; the wind blows it right back on you.

my blood is boiling already from you saying that:

11 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

see you are using me as a mirror again.  I am growing accustomed to that.  It's okay.

Just now, allinone said:

my blood is boiling already from you saying that:

Well, at least your emotions are still working.  That's good.  Do you know how to deal with them in a peaceful manner?

• Like 1

Well, at least your emotions are still working.  That's good.  Do you know how to deal with them in a peaceful manner?

its not emotion, its when the mouth start shake, hands shake. I need that experience, it used to happen in gross situations, but i now can get it so peacefully.

• Like 1

Just now, allinone said:

its not emotion, its when the mouth start shake, hands shake. I need that experience, it used to happen in gross situations, but i now can get it so peacefully.

I read that as a positive statement.  

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

You are such a freaking pessimist!

I hope you get s life pretty soon.

couple days i didn't answer your post, i cultivated lol, so today i answered. I got my result, and now maybe can relax and enjoy.

couple days i didn't answer your post, i cultivated lol, so today i answered. I got my result, and now maybe can relax and enjoy.

It's always nice talking with you.  I can understand you wanting to avoid me now and then.

I read that as a positive statement.  

yeah i got released, i didn't knew i needed experience that experience, for  a while i am feeling satisfied. I go do a fire, cya.

• Like 1