Sign in to follow this  
allinone

Flat Earth

1 hour ago, allinone said:

When you put your observer into body and look through eyes and speak through experience and let the reference point fall into belly lets see what you know, you will react on what senses show you.

You will have no other choice than to wait what is given and here we get toxic showers because the things we read, hear, see will activate strong acids to melt hardened structures.

That's actually well put,

from the viewpoint of an individuals immediate experience , that would appear to be recognizable. 

However, that is , I think you could agree , a view which is very very immediate ,

and requires the person to put these other ideas , like geography and physics , in abeyance.

Because once we learn broader associations , it can actually become part of the way in which we see the world. 

When I see birds, I see the species identifiers , then construe the species, and it is no longer just a flapping thing,

it then appears a member of a grouping , it has an age and gender and behaviors etc. 

So an experience can be enriched by including a broader non-immediate experience ( intellectually)..

Or it might be enhanced by getting away from all that, and just appreciating the colors sounds and so forth. 

Agreed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

That's actually well put,

from the viewpoint of an individuals immediate experience , that would appear to be recognizable. 

However, that is , I think you could agree , a view which is very very immediate ,

and requires the person to put these other ideas , like geography and physics , in abeyance.

Because once we learn broader associations , it can actually become part of the way in which we see the world. 

When I see birds, I see the species identifiers , then construe the species, and it is no longer just a flapping thing,

it then appears a member of a grouping , it has an age and gender and behaviors etc. 

So an experience can be enriched by including a broader non-immediate experience ( intellectually)..

Or it might be enhanced by getting away from all that, and just appreciating the colors sounds and so forth. 

Agreed?

You need oracle who consults with the gods. If you start interpret things yourself then you are taking in ordinary breath, we humans need to do work and offerings and sacrifices.

The direct immediate experience is light, gather it and come insomniac and then get sick. That sickness doesn't let you sleep. But The darkness will come and heat you up bit by bit.

• Like 1

You need oracle who consults with the gods. If you start interpret things yourself then you are taking in ordinary breath, we humans need to do work and offerings and sacrifices.

The direct immediate experience is light, gather it and come insomniac and then get sick. That sickness doesn't let you sleep. But The darkness will come and heat you up bit by bit.

Sorry , but this doesn't jive with your flat earth presentation, IMO,,   And IMO  we don't need oracles and gods ,( I don't know who came up with that bad idea , ) ordinary breath works just fine to render the universe understandable , to the extent that one needs to understand , its still incredible , and I think its fine to be OK with things not being entirely explainable. 

• Like 3

all perception is based on gambles... ~Husserl

Naive Realism has been refuted by Sages for ~2500 years.

yet, PT Barnum observed something as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allinone said:

When you put your observer into body and look through eyes and speak through experience and let the reference point fall into belly lets see what you know, you will react on what senses show you.

You will have no other choice than to wait what is given and here we get toxic showers because the things we read, hear, see will activate strong acids to melt hardened structures.

nothing wrong with relying on direct immediate experience in most case, however are you able to fly to space to see flat/and or globe earth? What do you make of pictures from nasa/japan/russia, etc showing earth as round ball? Is it all a conspiracy? Please reply. 

10 minutes ago, bax44 said:

nothing wrong with relying on direct immediate experience in most case, however are you able to fly to space to see flat/and or globe earth? What do you make of pictures from nasa/japan/russia, etc showing earth as round ball? Is it all a conspiracy? Please reply. 

It's a lot more then nasa/japan/russia.  Looking up countries that have launched satellites you need to add China (who've done some great probes and orbiters around the moon), UK, India, Israel, Iran and ofcourse the European Space Agency.   There are a half dozen private companies launching and testing there own rockets, ie see SpaceX.  

What are exactly are you calling a conspiracy?  We've had weather satellites for decades, f you ignore there data you won't see hurricanes coming.  We've had Global Positioning satellites for years, without them, GPS wouldn't work.  There are communication satellites that beam TV and internet.  

We're in the midst of a new space race, with multi million dollar prizes for private companies who can send a probe to the moon and have it send back hi res pictures for 500 yards.  Another company is going to send into orbit a large origami sheet that will unfold into a very large and visible pyramid shape until it decays a few weeks later. 

There are so many things going on in space exploration.  Fascinating ones you can follow.  Interested in pictures from space, the ISS has a 24 hour video camera.  Pictures of the moon, nearly a decade ago, China launched a probe to circle and create high resolution pictures and maps of the moon, you can see the actual landing sites and debris of the from the Apollo landings. 

You can download apps or go to NASA and see live feeds of the crew and what they're doing.  You can follow satellite launches and use apps or computers follow the satellites as they orbit the earth.  All you need are a good pair of binoculars and you can see them with your own eyes.  Lots of apps for it. 

Lots to see and learn.  The cutting edge moves forward.  Frankly the shape of the Earth was known hundreds, if not millennia ago.   At this point we're studying other solar systems, black holes, nearby planets, galaxies etc., while Flat Earthers are still looking for a 25,000 mile long wall that keeps the oceans from spilling over the edge. 

1 minute ago, thelerner said:

It's a lot more then nasa/japan/russia.  Looking up countries that have launched satellites you need to add China (who've done some great probes and orbiters around the moon), UK, India, Israel, Iran and ofcourse the European Space Agency.   There are a half dozen private companies launching and testing there own rockets, ie see SpaceX.  

What are exactly are you calling a conspiracy?  We've had weather satellites for decades, f you ignore there data you won't see hurricanes coming.  We've had Global Positioning satellites for years, without them, GPS wouldn't work.  There are communication satellites that beam TV and internet.  

We're in the midst of a new space race, with multi million dollar prizes for private companies who can send a probe to the moon and have it send back hi res pictures for 500 yards.  Another company is going to send into orbit a large origami sheet that will unfold into a very large and visible pyramid shape until it decays a few weeks later. 

There are so many things going on in space exploration.  Fascinating ones you can follow.  Interested in pictures from space, the ISS has a 24 hour video camera.  Pictures of the moon, nearly a decade ago, China launched a probe to circle and create high resolution pictures and maps of the moon, you can see the actual landing sites and debris of the from the Apollo landings. 

You can download apps or go to NASA and see live feeds of the crew and what they're doing.  You can follow satellite launches and use apps or computers follow the satellites as they orbit the earth.  All you need are a good pair of binoculars and you can see them with your own eyes.  Lots of apps for it. 

Lots to see and learn.  The cutting edge moves forward.  Frankly the shape of the Earth was known hundreds, if not millennia ago.   At this point we're studying other solar systems, black holes, nearby planets, galaxies etc., while Flat Earthers are still looking for a 25,000 mile long wall that keeps the oceans from spilling over the edge. 

Lol I think it went over your  head..the point and intention of my post, that is. Im aware that theres more countries doing things than just the ones I named, hence why I included the "etc". I used the word conspiracy as I was asking @allinone what the possible reasoning could be to seeing thousands of pictures of a round earth and still not conceding that its indeed round. So Im assuming the "flat earthers" are probably falling back on it all being some type of conspiracy.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

• Like 1

Sorry Bax, you're right.  Due to earlier perverse interest I looked into flat earth theories, rhetoric and psychology and these days my youtube 'suggestions'  are littered with them.   Unfortunately I have a bit more zeal on the subject then I should. 

• Like 1

Just now, thelerner said:

Sorry Bax, you're right.  Due to earlier perverse interest I looked into flat earth theories, rhetoric and psychology and these days my youtube 'suggestions'  are littered with them.   Unfortunately I have a bit more zeal on the subject then I should. 

Its all good haha. I didnt even really know this was a "thing" until a couple weeks ago. I find it amusing - but also mind boggling, and not in a good way. Its scary how easy we can be deluded!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bax44 said:

what the possible reasoning could be to seeing thousands of pictures of a round earth and still not conceding that its indeed round. 

A pizza is both round and flat. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mudfoot said:

This reminds me I have to be careful of the words I use. I should say "globe" or "sphere". 

• Like 1

Are there actual pictures of a spheric Earth? Or pictures of a flat pizza Earth with optical illusions making it look spheric? :ph34r:

Its really ignorant and worse to think that just because you have access to google and some youtube videos that you somehow know better than thousands of scientists and researchers who have put forth the earth being a globe "theory". what possible reason would they have to lie about something like that? And to keep the lie going for hundreds of years-on purpose?

Do "they" just want to keep us from realizing we can just walk off the edge of the flat earth at anytime and into another dimension? Is it like Jim Carrey in "truman show"? Paging allinone...need answer.

Edited by bax44

1 hour ago, bax44 said:

globe is a model of what shape earth is. If it is sphere shape its ok, it doesn't make me flatter.

58 minutes ago, bax44 said:

Its really ignorant and worse to think that just because you have access to google and some youtube videos that you somehow know better than thousands of scientists and researchers who have put forth the earth being a globe "theory". what possible reason would they have to lie about something like that? And to keep the lie going for hundreds of years-on purpose?

Do "they" just want to keep us from realizing we can just walk off the edge of the flat earth at anytime and into another dimension? Is it like Jim Carrey in "truman show"? Paging allinone...need answer.

food is tasteless, its your receptors what react and give a taste what you have, not the bread.

Edited by allinone

Just now, allinone said:

food is tasteless, its your receptors what react and give a taste what you have, not the bread.

Thats... a horrible analogy.

1 hour ago, Mudfoot said:

Now I'm hungry...

3 minutes ago, allinone said:

Your receptors react to what?

14 minutes ago, allinone said:

globe is a model of what shape earth is. If it is sphere shape its ok, it doesn't make me flatter.

How flat are you?

Just now, allinone said:

to agressor.

Does that cause your tongue to feel rage?

6 minutes ago, bax44 said:

Thats... a horrible analogy.

eye receptors activate, brain puts the picture together. And most important you actually don't see the spatiality you think it is in a room.

You need use both eyes projected to a cavity what have a straight access to the starting point, basically you see the opposite or mirror to the point you were fed automatically. So you will see spatiality and things float.

eye receptors activate, brain puts the picture together. And most important you actually don't see the spatiality you think it is in a room.

You need use both eyes projected to a cavity what have a straight access to the starting point, basically you see the opposite or mirror to the point you were fed automatically. So you will see spatiality and things float.

making sense is hard these days;need to type in babbles to bring left hamstring heart fire energy into play. more than this, we can observe total flatness around us; I.e. where for who I say- take for what worth. you can astral project nonsense into meaning, chorella outbreaks in the sudan I think they dont care wbout earth shape.  things float cuz of gravity? whats gravity? force? energy? who defines what? You? I dont know. more i type like this more i release frog demons in abyss. thx 4 playing.

Sign in to follow this