Sign in to follow this  
allinone

Flat Earth

5 minutes ago, Stosh said:

A relatively flat earth would be dry at the edges, or the seas would all drain off. Which leaves the possibility that one could use climbing gear to go to the other side. which would also experience days, and sunshine, just the gravity would pull up. 

the flat earth edge issues are small.

gravity. Throw a featehr up and it should be stomped to the ground. So i rather think that the round earthers are not thinking at all anyway, so i don't be toxic against faltearthers, but try to udnerstand myself waht are the lawas and why the earth is liek that waht it is.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I like this except, apparently, it has no t- it's not 3D.

Oh. , So the sun slides around like an air hocky puck, why dont I get sunburned at noon? (The sun would slide into me from the east. )

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, allinone said:

gravity. Throw a featehr up and it should be stomped to the ground. So i rather think that the round earthers are not thinking at all anyway, so i don't be toxic against faltearthers, but try to udnerstand myself waht are the lawas and why the earth is liek that waht it is.

Even  Brian doesnt know why things are , ultimately speaking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Oh. , So the sun slides around like an air hocky puck, why dont I get sunburned at noon.  

I don't know.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stosh said:

See above.

• Like 2

atmosphere has a lot of resistance. Ideally objects with different mass should fall with the same speed. If to make a field where there is less air it would be possible to fly for a human.

i think powers are possible to achieve. * goes to learn more about physics and laws.

Well, don't be flying too close to the sun because the heat will melt the wax holding the feathers to your body and the feathers will fall off and you will fall back to Earth and hurt your self.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Well, don't be flying too close to the sun because the heat will melt the wax holding the feathers to your body and the feathers will fall off and you will fall back to Earth and hurt your self.

i wonder is it possible to make blocks of air and they will stay like that for longer time and what is it that makes these blocks dissolve. So i would make rather stairs to heaven.

• Like 1

I don't know if you can get air cool enough to make a block of it, but I did see a clip where they made a solid cube that was lighter than air,,

but then it floated away , so they quit the project. ( you need the air to have the lift effect, I thiink, in a situation of denser air ,   you might fly or float.)

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, allinone said:

i wonder is it possible to make blocks of air and they will stay like that for longer time and what is it that makes these blocks dissolve. So i would make rather stairs to heaven.

Yeah, building a stairway to Heaven would be more secure.

6 hours ago, allinone said:

Eclipse where moon is in front of sun and therefore sun isn't seen. Also if sun goes behind the corner of earth or behind other things or you turn your head away then you also don't see sun.

I wasnt asking how eclipse was. me want know how flat earth theorom can accomodate such an event as eclipse. Brian gave nice answer you seem to be talking rat poision. anger and annoyance rising from penis chakra. must suppress to learn.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stosh said:

I'll point out, though, that there is a significant distinction between "why things are" and "how things are" -- ask me:

"Why gravity?"

and I'll honestly answer that I don't know.

Ask me, on the other hand, how things behave in the presence of gravity, and I can go into excruciating detail.

;)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bax44 said:

I wasnt asking how eclipse was. me want know how flat earth theorom can accomodate such an event as eclipse. Brian gave nice answer you seem to be talking rat poision. anger and annoyance rising from penis chakra. must suppress to learn.

Then consult with Brian.

I think that sun travels around the earth if the observer is on earth.

1 minute ago, allinone said:

Then consult with Brian.

I think that sun travels around the earth if the observer is on earth.

No, Brian gave actual scientific/physics reasoning to support his claims. It's generally agreed upon by anyone who's studied physics or is a legit scientist that earth is globe. 

You are the 1 putting forth a theory that is fantasy land. I need some type of evidence besides your banal quibbling. It's on you to prove theorem . Let's hear it.

15 minutes ago, bax44 said:

No, Brian gave actual scientific/physics reasoning to support his claims. It's generally agreed upon by anyone who's studied physics or is a legit scientist that earth is globe. 

You are the 1 putting forth a theory that is fantasy land. I need some type of evidence besides your banal quibbling. It's on you to prove theorem . Let's hear it.

Forces, energy, mass shapes earth. Earth is temporarily globe shape due forces etc. If you will have extra mass on one side of earth then other parts start correct themselves to have a balance.

In some conditions earth may be flat.

32 minutes ago, allinone said:

Forces, energy, mass shapes earth. Earth is temporarily globe shape due forces etc. If you will have extra mass on one side of earth then other parts start correct themselves to have a balance.

In some conditions earth may be flat.

What conditions causes earth to be flat? What forces? What types of energy? Am genuinely curious. Sacral chakra buzzing. Learning causes energy shifts- msg in miso soup draining.

30 minutes ago, bax44 said:

What conditions causes earth to be flat?

A really big turtle and four rather large elephants. 

They sat on the globe so it wouldn't roll of their backs when they carry it. 

Didn't you learn anything in school? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, allinone said:

:)      That's a little too deep for me to follow .

Take a rubber ball, for instant , you toss it up it falls down, you trow it on the ground, it falls up .  However, the land I live on is in an huge ancient fault line, so I am a faltearther too, but its not toxic but pure and Christine . 

Maybe Wiki help you understand  lawas  ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawas         (but river is brown in Lawas town )

Please keep us updated on your research re  ;    why the earth is liek that waht it is.

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, building a stairway to Heaven would be more secure.

Used to be a big long totem board that went from the western horizon up to the stars .  Then, one time some mob left too late in the day , didn't make it before nightfall, so had to camp out on the board, They lit a fire and the board caught alight, burnt it all up and wrecked the bridge .

That was a pretty dumb thing to do !     Now its wrecked for everyone   :angry:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bax44 said:

Gawd   .... I fuckin luv this forum   !   

:D 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

If you knew nothing you'd probably believe the earth was flat. That's certainly the way it appears.  If you lived on an island with high ground, you might observe boats coming from every angle appeared bow first.  As if climbing over a hill in every direction.

Maybe if you traveled far and wide, you'd notice everywhere the sun rises and sets.  If you developed the mathematics, you'd find the Pythagorean theorem which would help translate distances with the use of angles.  Mathematically you'd begin to realize the distances of the planet, the sun and moon. 

As generations went by, you'd explore the planet.  Start mapping it out, increasingly accurately.  Discovering engineering and physics you'd leave behind horses create cars and planes.  Bold explorers would map out the world.  Genius's would work out longitude and latitude systems to safely navigate the seas.  Accurate maps would be essential.   Geologists trying to understand the forces that created our world. 

Looking up into the heavens there'd be astronomers building ever better telescopes to map out the solar system.  They'd face hard questions, like why do planets move retrograde, ie reverse there orbits every now and then.  What is the ether.  They'd look to math and chemistry for answers.  Fly high altitude balloons to confirm or deny there hypothesize.   Build ever better telescopes, eventually launching them into space in ever increasing detail throughout the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

The implications within the computers we're now using are mind boggling.   Take any element of it, say the keyboard- From the history of mining its component materials, to the history of its design, to the components that travel across the globe before assembly.  The facts of our near light speed communication in the internet.  It's a wonder.. miraculous a hundred ways over. 

There are new horizons to discover but uh, we discovered the shape of our planet, and the moon, the sun, other planets, the Milky Way a long time ago.  These days science has cataloged and studied much quite a bit of the known universe and is looking for earthlike planets tens of trillions of miles away.  It's not easy, but amazingly that's what we're doing. 

On the flip side with electron microscopes we're looking at material atom by atom.   We've freezing things down to near absolute zero, we're getting closer to fusion and breakthroughs in many exciting vistas of science.  Hopefully we'll be able to use such discoveries wisely.  Cause with all the discoveries, its still just stuff.  There's more important things.  But stuff is good, keeps us warm and fed.  Connected yet distracted. 

• Like 5

When you put your observer into body and look through eyes and speak through experience and let the reference point fall into belly lets see what you know, you will react on what senses show you.

You will have no other choice than to wait what is given and here we get toxic showers because the things we read, hear, see will activate strong acids to melt hardened structures.

Sign in to follow this