X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Fair enough, and good point, which I agree with: very few people can achieve that level of mastery, and I was just fortunate to meet a few of them too. 

You are right I don't know the Mo Pai system, but I am speaking for all systems here in a values statement: it is nice to be able to do these things, but personally, I don't find them my priority, and if they are yours or your community's focus, more power to you. 

The reason I talk about virtue is that the energy needs a place to go, and that is a person's character, because you can call down thunderbolts and set paper on fire or fajin someone across a room, but a sage who can do all these things will use virtue more. 

If this means nothing to you, sure, no problem--this is just how I have been trained, and I respect you and your focus on skills. Enjoy your training. 

According to John there are handful like himself alive.  So if you found one of these beings out of the billions of people here on earth you are more than just lucky. That is an event like winning a five hundred million dollar jackpot in the lottery.  More likely what I suspect is that you met someone who demonstrated an illusion, infrared lasers, negative ion generators, and lots of other things can give a person the illusion of abilities like John. Whatever you found so long as you are convinced it was real and are satisfied with that, more power to you.

The effects John was able to display are not and never have been the end goal of the system,  they are merely mile markers along the path.  The end goal is something most here hate even worse than the abilities displayed, so it's best not to even bring that up, but no we are not looking to become Goku or shoot thunderbolts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

You are thinking of long men pai,  voidisyinyang is referring to lone man pai.

I see, I assumed they were different ways of spelling the same thing, thanks.

24 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Therein lies a problem: you assume I was given an illusion and you have the real deal. I have given people the address of one doctor in Singapore who does it publicly, as well as a master who lived in Thailand, but the rest I will speak no more of.

If you're going to say your teacher is authentic but doubt the experience of others, this is not reciprocity, and I will not say much else on the matter because I refuse to get into these arguments that have happened here before where one person would dismiss other people's art or experience yet claim Mo Pai is the only legitimate system, then claim others (us) are attacking them. 

Good luck. I won't feed this. 

Maybe you do have the real deal, but without the same degree of evidence John Chang provided it just remains an unsubstantiated claim.   Ultimately it boils down to evidence, anyone can claim anything, but few can demonstrate what John did before scientists and medical doctors in a controlled environment.  If we accepted all claims at face value we would be perusing lone man pai ;)

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Re-read the previous post I made: I have the address of the doctor in Singapore, and you can ask several members in this forum. Obviously you don't want to see this. Cheers.

Was the doctor in Singapore investigated by a team of scientists and medical doctors in a controlled location, and can you provide video evidence of this occurring?  If yes sign me up, if no I am not interested in the claims of others here on this forum. 

Just now, Earl Grey said:

I just said so above. But you're already approaching this from a conditionality approach, so come with a little more respect and humility that you and your group demand, and I will pass you the information if you ask nicely. Otherwise, Dr. Ho will continue as he does. Be nice if you want people to be nice to you. Bye.

I'll take that as a no. :)

7 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You obviously didn't listen, Felicia. Bye Felicia. 

If you want to provide a video of scientists and medical doctors investigating this person, I'll be happy to look at it, but it sounds like what you are offering is to talk to others who here to can verify his legitimacy.  Most of the people here think lone man pai is a real system, so I am not interested in their opinions.   If you have real evidence send it on over, otherwise you are wasting your time, and mine.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
typo

14 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Be nice if you want people to be nice to you. Bye.

You are subscribing to some weird unsympathetic logos?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Good luck. I won't feed this. 

Knowing when to stop is like a river coming home to the sea. The way to stop - is to just stop.

• Like 6

from a mp book, there is a slicing the banana demonstration. I was sceptic a bit, but it makes sense now, because qi doesn't move through space.

edit: travel

Edited by allinone

No one is doing John Chang any good by mentioning his name. Chang made a mistake and it ruined his career which is sad. I personally feel bad for Chang his abilities should have remain in the shadows and not on a public platform. 

I am not allowed to mention my teachers names or go public with what we practice because then I would be in Chang's position and basically disappear forever.

Chang's few  students have basically caused a loss of face for Chang.

I have no title on the internet because it is not  appropriate, not professional, when years of dedication is required by a student that one knows personally for years to learn true Nei gong.

On the flip side this is my entertainment and hope some vague contributions and incites to the practice are helpful to others.

No details of practice have even been brought forth to comment on.

• Like 7

Nei gong is practiced in conjunction with physical discipline. The unifying principles relate to stillness and motion. In the beginning physical manifestations of principles dissolves the barriers of mind giving a background for the shining mind to become commander in chief like a kind minister directing orders.

The acquired self and ego in command scatters energy and what can be manifested into reality into chaos hurting self and others. ( it is lopsided) Rules and tenets build good character that is beneficial to self, others and all living things, one with the way, not opposing the way knowingly or unknowingly.

Peaceful and tranquil mind, moving from this center there is no error. 

Many of the written classics are merely describing experience or pointing the way. A master can point but the disciple must pass through the heavenly gate. The true master is within.

The kind sages who wish to save this world from its own self, to stop destruction and give back the power of the creative and receptive born as one within oneself is a selfless act. This helps all of humanity to realize their true self the divine origin and organization of all that is.

When self or systems has an agenda and desire to be the best superior in any way that alone is a major mistake in development of the true nature.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

A thought I`m having: zoom out far enough, and the distinction between developing power and developing virtue stops making sense.  The things that are most worth doing require virtue; without virtue you won`t have the capacity.

• Like 5

Like you say virtue is more important like a hand dropping it follows the shoulders without the root of earth and the suspension of heaven it is weak . That my freind is high alchemy that you describe.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Nei gong is practiced in conjunction with physical discipline. The unifying principles relate to stillness and motion. In the beginning physical manifestations of principles dissolves the barriers of mind giving a background for the shining mind to become commander in chief like a kind minister directing orders.

The acquired self and ego in command scatters energy and what can be manifested into reality into chaos hurting self and others. ( it is lopsided) Rules and tenets build good character that is beneficial to self, others and all living things, one with the way, not opposing the way knowingly or unknowingly.

Peaceful and tranquil mind, moving from this center there is no error. 

Many of the written classics are merely describing experience or pointing the way. A master can point but the disciple must pass through the heavenly gate. The true master is within.

The kind sages who wish to save this world from its own self, to stop destruction and give back the power of the creative and receptive born as one within oneself is a selfless act. This helps all of humanity to realize their true self the divine origin and organization of all that is.

When self or systems has an agenda and desire to be the best superior in any way that alone is a major mistake in development of the true nature.

Actually - I was reading this Ba Gua newsletter last night that gave the history of the term "neigong" - it was coined only in the 1890s!!!

But the dude who coined it - had the three martial arts sort of unified as "neigong" or internal martial arts.

My understanding is John Chang taught first sitting meditation and then latter standing active exercises.

So also my understanding that in Neigong the sitting meditation is considered "preheaven" and the standing active exercise is considered "postheaven."

I realize that discussion is a big can of worms.

But any comments you want to make on this would be great.

• Like 4

In mo Pai it seems as if they simply say this is yin this is yang. So for example the mo Pai aspect of cultivation may say to cultivate yin you must meditate in caves. But in long men Pai they may say something like go to the cemetery or go to the cave to cultivate Qi from the cave or Qi from the cemetery.  

But mo Pai says you can get yin Qi from meditating In caves. From what I see mo Pai has moved away from Taoism and long men Pai is more connected to Taoism so they are both nei Gong science but they use language differently.  Due to Kosta Danos the way he uses language makes people think who look into long men Pai it is just a Qi Gong system because long men Pai uses language different. 

It's a question of how you use language to describe aspects of Qi. So this is what iam here to clear up on this form. Mo Pai says meditation in caves to get yin Qi while long men Pai says cultivate Qi in a cave without saying yin. A lot of this confusion has to do with people getting to literall in kostas book.

Edited by X2471990
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, X2471990 said:

In mo Pai it seems as if they simply say this is yin this is yang. So for example the mo Pai aspect of cultivation may say to cultivate yin you must meditate in caves. But in long men Pai they may say something like go to the cemetery or go to the cave to cultivate that aspect of Qi. But mo Pai says you can get in Qi from meditating In caves. From what I see mo Pai has moved away from Taoism and long men Pai is more connected to Taoism so they are both nei Gong science but they use language differently. This due to Kosta Danos book makes people think long men Pai is just a Qi Gong system. It's not . It's a question of how you use language to describe aspects of Qi. So this is what iam here to clear up on this form. Now understand nei Kung is a science within a religion. 

my understanding is the first level of mopai is focused on building up the yin qi energy into the lower tan tien and to do this there must be direct contact of the perineum with the earth. Once the lower tan tien is filled with yin qi then yang qi  or yuan qi can then be sent down to the lower tan tien, causing an "explosion."

So elsewhere in mopai John Chang - for example with the sword that he communicates with the spirit - in the sword - he says he just creates a "yin field" to communicate with the spirit. This is then the yin shen.

So to activate the yang qi or yuan qi - Jim of Mopai described it as taking a dump. I emailed to him about this and he confirmed it is very much like trying to take a crap (i'm paraphrasing). So we know from science - that taking a crap means that the sympathetic nervous system is pushed to its extreme causing a rebound of the parasympathetic nervous system, thereby flushing the colon with serotonin, and the bowels move.

So for example when Mantak Chia was tested - as I cite in my free pdf - he was proven to switch from his stored up energy in the parasympathetic to the sympathetic nervous system to transmit qi externally. https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

So then - we also know that yang qi or yuan qi is considered to be activated via the kidneys. We also know that the Wim Hof method of storing up qi is from spiking the adrenaline from the kidneys - and when you hold the breath after exhale - this activates the parasympathetic nervous system which then shoots blood up to the pineal gland, which then as a positive feedback, increases the adrenaline even more, and increases the brain blood (from lack of oxygen - as it's the most vital organ).

So again what is happening - to activate the yang qi or yuan qi - there is first a build up the yin qi and then by holding the breath the adrenaline spikes, which means the sympathetic is pushed to its extreme. The deep breathing literally activates the adrenals physically and then holding the breath does so even more with a positive feedback from the pineal gland.

We know from Taoist alchemy that the yuan qi emanates from the pineal gland. So in effect - to say that the kidneys activate or store the yuan qi - actually means to build up the adrenaline to activate the yuan qi out of the pineal gland.

So after the lower tan tien is filled up with yin qi energy - from the yin jing being increased (via this adrenaline spiking and breathing methods) - then the yuan qi is activated out of the heart, when the third eye opens up.

This means we have a deeper parasympathetic reaction from the right side vagus nerve of the reproductive system to the right side of the heart- as the bringing down of the yang qi or yuan qi - to the lower tan tien as the "explosion."

The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" states that yin qi is just immature yuan qi - and so we know, from the science I cite - that the qigong masters (insert fancy Taoist term here) - actually emit electromagnetic energy that is 1000 times stronger than the typical heart energy, but so too is the Schumann resonance 1000 times stronger than the typical heart energy - and so the qigong master is resonating - via the ELF REM brain waves - the theta brain waves and the internal 7 to 8 beats vibration -

So this emphasis on taking in the yin qi energy - via a cave or grave yard is actually based on the Earth's schumann resonance - it is better to do so in natural environment with no nearby artificial electromagnetic fields.

• Like 4

It is very important to understand that what is important here is cultivation of chi in the dantien. Which the hard part of that is getting in touch with Qi . O by the way it make take a hour of complete meditation to just be able to fell Qi. Hint hint hint. Then what's important is to compact that Qi . So in long men Pai the system is similar but language is completely different. And no one in history of nei Gong has ever written a book like kosta. And so we all know the only reason anyone cares about kosta is because his teacher can do amazing things and kosta refuse to tell anyone how to bring Qi into to tan tien compact etc.

• Like 1

Your trying to grasp all this with a western mind your turing this into something science can understand with science technology lol so you hav some information right but remember the Chinese where practical people. Do you know what it means to be practical?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, X2471990 said:

And tell me how the ancient Chinese knew about the pineal gland? 

it is quoted as - the size of a grain of rice in the middle of the brain. The quote is in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" but the original source is from I think Yuan Dynasty - hold on....

I read this recently in Journal of Taoist  Studies - that I have on pdf. So I can search that. But it might be freely online.

9 minutes ago, X2471990 said:

And tell me how the ancient Chinese knew about the pineal gland? 

Answer: It is (in the center of the brain behind) the spot between the eyes. Lao Tzu called it 'the gateway to heaven and earth'; hence he urged people to concentrate on the center in order to realize the oneness (of all things). In this center is a pearl of the size of a grain of rice, which is the center between heaven and earth in the human body (i.e., the microcosm); it is the cavity of prenatal vitality.

So that's the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality.

I know the English. I want you to post the ancient Chinese not the translation. And that's not what is being referenced to in that phrase center between heaven and earth a size of a grain of rice. You are misinterpreting the poectic language 

• Like 2