X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

A perfect opportunity for you and your ilk to chime in. But, let's see if you're willing to take some humble pie and realize we're not all monsters--something that I quote you saying about yourselves in regards to our supposed view of you lads. 

Nah, there is nothing we can do. We tried no one listens to us because we don't know what we are talking about, we quote Jim and Kosta verbatim and everyone just trolls, and refuses to listen.  

In a private forum with serious individuals,  the environment is much different, and actual progress can be made.

Here?   This place is just anarchy and chaos, a food fight, where those that sell the most DVDs have the final say, and those with the most evidence are frauds.

10 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

I actually already posted this in the general discussion thread - so you fill up the lower tan tien with yin qi energy. Best done by direct perineum contact with earth - the practice is sitting. You I would guess use alchemy technique. So visualize fire. Also you are to "pack" the qi into the lower tan tien - or compress, etc. - and so also use flexing of diaphragm down and perineum up.

Actually I'm just recalling what was said on lonemanpai more or less - from when I browsed the lonemanpai website, created as an off shoot of mopai getting dissed here, etc. But as I pointed out - Lonemanpai now has a whole thread that is "secret" and discusses me. haha. Calling me the "famous" so and so of this website.

So then level 1.5 involves standing exercises. As John Chang says he brings the yang qi down to create an explosion with the yin qi. So that must mean after the lower tan tien is filled with yin qi, the third eye opens up and so yang qi is accessed directly from the Emptiness. So if you maintain the practice you can then pull down a bit of yang qi - it is actually through the heart that this is done, but after the mind goes into the Emptiness of the third eye.

So just to get to that level is very difficult. I got there but I had not studied the training well enough. But if you keep the practice up - then the qi at the level would be quite strong. So I have experienced telekinesis - and certainly what Jim did on the video is possible, especially considering John Chang helped him.

But to be successful you do need a closed school - as I was told don't read the internet and don't watch t.v. for advanced training level. I can assure you that is completely true.

It is commonly known that when brewing beer you should use a 50% mud mixture to start the fermentation process.

It it is also advisable to wash your armpits with this mud and return it to the vat daily.

Fermenting goat eyeballs is the traditional way beer was brewed and is still in use today!

These tips will produce authentic beer, as described in all the best beer making recipes.

1 hour ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I find it a common theme for people who think Magick is real to be the most vehement skeptics,  "fate it seems is not without a sense of irony". ;)

Oh ?  Thats unusual, I find them to be the opposite . 

People that are fascinated by siddhis    make terrible skeptics ....   in my experience .  

Fate is a decision made in retrospect  .

• Like 2

Maybe this is a rite of passage or a trial for membership into their group? Before they grant someone access to the inner sanctum of the cult of MorePie, the applicant has to come to daobums and shitpost daily until they can force the mods to ban them, demonstrating their dedication to the cause by dragging out the conversation as long as possible while absolutely refusing to engage in anything resembling rational dialogue, and showing that they've fully absorbed the doctrine of More Pie by repeatedly spouting canned responses to basic questions without allowing a single original thought or scrap of deviance from the dogma to enter their mind.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Nah, there is nothing we can do. We tried no one listens to us because we don't know what we are talking about, we quote Jim and Kosta verbatim and everyone just trolls, and refuses to listen.  

In a private forum with serious individuals,  the environment is much different, and actual progress can be made.

Here?   This place is just anarchy and chaos, a food fight, where those that sell the most DVDs have the final say, and those with the most evidence are frauds.

You tried? When? Where???

Link, please?

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh ?  Thats unusual, I find them to be the opposite . 

People that are fascinated by siddhis    make terrible skeptics ....   in my experience .  

Fate is a decision made in retrospect  .

Oh, I have no doubt you think the opposite ;)

There have been several other videos, like that of Jiang, but unless scientists and medical doctors were present in a controlled location to rule out fraud we have never been fascinated or interested in them. 

The fate quote was from the movie you posted a picture of. :)

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Not I, but our group, and no.

Perhaps it happened before I joined the forum.  I've only been here seven years (joined seven years ago this past Monday, in fact...)

Just now, Brian said:

Perhaps it happened before I joined the forum.  I've only been here seven years (joined seven years ago this past Monday, in fact...)

No Brian,  I am not going to play these games with you.

Go find someone else.

53 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I think the Mo Pai lads really believe that there's nothing wrong with insulting others by saying what we spend years of our lives practicing is fake, nor do they realize that they are being exceptionally arrogant by saying only their practice is legitimate.

We are only interested in systems which can be validated in the presence of scientists and medical doctors at a controlled location so as to rule out fraud.

We aren't interested in things people claim, we need more than personal testimony and faith.

Our mindset, our ideology, our epistemology,  that is what offends you, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You can think that way all you like. It's how you express it 

OK so how exactly should we say:

We are interested ONLY in systems which have objective evidence with scientists and medical doctors present in a controlled location so as to rule out fraud.

We are NOT interested in hearing your unsubstantiated claims, or accepting some practice is legitimate and valid based on faith.

How exactly would you word that while still being 100% upfront and honest about it?

Edited by Ilovecoffee

17 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I haven't really explored other practices besides [practice X] and don't know much about them to make any conclusions."

That is something I couldn't say without feeling I was intentionally being deceptive and disingenuous.

20 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

keep your mouth shut if it's going to offend.

Essentially what you are saying is don't post here, or lie about who you are and what you are about.

24 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Do you want to get along with others, not just on TDB, but in life?

You know what Earl,  I do get along with people in life, but those relationships are completely fake.

We were outside yesterday and I commented about pretty the dogwood trees were. 

Someone said those aren't dogwood trees, and so I said, hmm... I think you are right. 

They are dogwood trees, I double checked.

Someone picked up a can of air duster and said I wonder what is in this stuff.. and I replied R134a refrigerant, the same thing in your air conditioner or refrigerator, and it sparked a big discussion on how that couldn't be true to which I agreed how wrong I was.

It is R134a, look it up.

Believe it or not, I don't argue with these people in real life, because I know facts and proof don't matter and won't convince them, and it only winds up with me being the bad guy.

As a matter of fact I don't talk about anything other than what is on TV with them, and their opinions are always the right ones.

I am their pretend friend, but I want nothing to do with them.

All relationships in real life are completely and totally fake, save for a few REAL friends who actually care about reality.

The reason I post honestly here, is we are looking for other REAL people like ourselves, not more fake nonsense like this.

If all of the people who are like us stay cloaked and hidden as you suggest we do, we will never find one another.

We will all be pretending to be a part of the herd, wearing fake wool, and never be able to identity one another.

Edited by Ilovecoffee
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

You know what Earl,  I do get along with people in life, but those relationships are completely fake.

We were outside yesterday and I commented about pretty the dogwood trees were. 

Someone said those aren't dogwood trees, and so I said, hmm... I think you are right. 

They are dogwood trees, I double checked.

Someone picked up a can of air duster and said I wonder what is in this stuff.. and I replied R134a refrigerant, the same thing in your air conditioner or refrigerator, and it sparked a big discussion on how that couldn't be true to which I agreed how wrong I was.

It is R134a, look it up.

Believe it or not, I don't argue with these people in real life, because I know facts and proof don't matter and won't convince them, and it only winds up with me being the bad guy.

As a matter of fact I don't talk about anything other than what is on TV with them, and their opinions are always the right ones.

I am their pretend friend, but I want nothing to do with them.

All relationships in real life are completely and totally fake, save for a few REAL friends who actually care about reality.

The reason I post honestly here, is we are looking for other REAL people like ourselves, not more fake nonsense like this.

If all of the people who are like us stay cloaked and hidden as you suggest we do, we will never find one another.

We will all be pretending to be a part of the herd, wearing fake wool, and never be able to identity one another.

Am I reading this correctly? As long as a person believes the same way you do and agrees with you can form a relation/friendship with them otherwise all is "fake" and not worthy of investment?

12 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Am I reading this correctly? As long as a person believes the same way you do and agrees with you can form a relation/friendship with them otherwise all is "fake" and not worthy of investment?

As a specific example, if you want to argue over an established fact that can be verified as true, e.g. gas duster is R134a refrigerant,  then I will let you win the argument, but right you off as a lost cause.  I would pretend to be your friend where social norms mandated it, but would want nothing more to do with you, and would unfriend you from facebook, and block you as soon as social norms allowed.

I hope answers your question.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

13 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

You are taking what I'm saying to extremes without actually thinking things through. You are already making conclusions without considering. This is a problem and has shown in your interactions with people here. You would greatly benefit to read those articles and more of the site I posted, because that shows me you don't actually know the social briefings and make a lot of judgments about people, which is ironic considering how you don't like being judged. 

You can't develop relationships with people by assuming it's just plastic and walking on eggshells. You can have different opinions, but you don't have to voice them in an abrasive way, which you are saying you must because you are "more authentic that way". 

I don't know anything about you or where you live, what your values are, but what I linked you is a big part of what helped a lot of people I knew when transitioning abroad and repatriating, because of--wait for it--being different and thinking differently! I work with repatriating people and helping people adjust to life as strangers in strange lands, which you are right now, coming from Mo Paizistan to The Dao Bums Kingdom.

The biggest problem they have is complaining about how life (home of origin country) in America/Australia/England/Singapore is different from life in (country of work) Cambodia/East Timor/Philippines, and after living for a few years abroad and repatriating, it's a big change because they learn to deal with different cultures and expats with different norms. 

You do not seem to want to challenge your own norms, which is odd since you want to hold onto your sacred cow of not even Mo Pai, but being abrasive and rude. BUT: if you are completely happy with who you are and don't change, go ahead. Just don't be surprised if you post here with that attitude and people respond in kind. 

I think Earl what you aren't grasping is I have no problems functioning in social situations in real life,  just that the interactions are not real, they are fake at least on my end.  

I treat such interactions as part of my work, another aspect of the job I am required to fulfill, and even though it makes me empty and hollow inside I have to do it because that is what is required of me to survive.

People like myself are tired of the social games, and nonsense, and want more than anything to find others like ourselves, so we can have a community,  so we don't have to fake being someone or something we aren't.

At the risk of seeming pedantic, not all brands of "canned air" used for dusting electronics and such use the same ingredient.  Memorex Air Duster actually uses HFC-152a rather than 134a.  A minor detail, I know, but a significant one at the same time.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Best of luck with that, I'll try not cringe too much when the "experts" show up that know better than what Jim and Kosta actually taught, but whatever.

Having polite 'experts' show up would be great.  That's the point, learning and discussing the techniques of Mo Pai.

As far as knowing better then what Jim and Kosta taught, that is one of the things that leads to circular arguments, ie from Tongkosong, an Indonesian student of Mo Pai saying there are problems with there writings and status as Mo Pai teachers.  We have a dozen threads where this is argued, so I don't want to repeat it again ad nauseum.  If you do, re-read the old threads, dozens if not 100 or so pages.  They circle round it, over and over. 

Instead let's look and analyze Mo Pai techniques.  Starting with sitting.  Hopefully we'll get replies from those who know the books, and even better those who actively participate in the art.  Simply write about sitting in Mo Pai.  Maybe later we'll get into packing chi, as well as what there definition of Chi is.  But not now.  For a few days.. just sitting.  Sorry if that's controversial or too crazy or giving people ammo to use against you, but we most us don't want what you do- the 24/7 fighting over Mo Pai.

Instead a calm thread looking at it's techniques.  Not different what we have on other arts, but because of crazies history enthusiasm , this one has to be more controlled. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brian said:

At the risk of seeming pedantic, not all brands of "canned air" used for dusting electronics and such use the same ingredient.  Memorex Air Duster actually uses HFC-152a rather than 134a.  A minor detail, I know, but a significant one at the same time.

The can I was holding was R134a

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

As a specific example, if you want to argue over an established fact that can be verified as true, e.g. gas duster is R134a refrigerant,  then I will let you win the argument, but right you off as a lost cause.  I would pretend to be your friend where social norms mandated it, but would want nothing more to do with you, and would unfriend you from facebook, and block you as soon as social norms allowed.

I hope answers your question.

I will take that to be an affirmative response.

Seems that you'd rather dismiss persons who are ignorant rather than educate them by printing out an MSDS and handing it to them.

Are you bound by a non-disclosure agreement for sharing general knowledge too? 

It is a sad state of affairs when NDA's get in the way of changing the world! How could anyone place monetary value on that?

Just now, Kar3n said:

Seems that you'd rather dismiss persons who are ignorant rather than educate them by printing out an MSDS and handing it to them.

If things like that would work, I would Kar3n, they don't they only make you the bad guy.

:)

What`s incredible about this thread is how little it has to do with Mo Pai.  There`s no discussion of technique, personal experience, learning opportunities.  It`s not that there`s no interest in Mo Pai; many Bums have requested information and Thelerner has even offered to open up a tightly moderated thread about the subject in his PPF.  But still, it`s a no go.  The people who ostensibly come here to share something about Mo Pai, clear up misconceptions and so forth, don`t have the slightest intentions of sharing squat.

So, if this thread (now at 16 pages) isn`t about Mo Pai, what is it about?  It`s an in depth examination of a few Bums personalities who claim to practice Mo Pai.  Most of what`s said is negative but they don`t seem to mind so much.  To a certain kind of person, all this attention is emotional food.  Maybe they take it in energetically and use it as an alchemical substance to light fires?

• Like 2