X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

19 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I am identifying with pie. I am PIE. 

then you have the true secret my friend...

you are pie

you eat pie

you become more...

more pie

*enlightenment sounds*

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

NOOOOO Nungali! I thought you would not go there.

me ?    I   will go  anywhere !  

Related image

I slay the swart beast!

I bestow the bloom sown in the dusk,

and gathered in the gloom

Under the waning moon,

At midnight hardly lightening the East;

And the black lamb

from the black ewe's dead womb I bring,

and stir the slow infernal tune. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawei said:

That is a great point !!!

So why not document on camera student outcomes.   That would be really cool.   ;)

I've heard the arguments from all sides and I will agree with the idea that a picture is worth a 1,000 words :)

Well there was a video of a western student passing a test of level 2 or 3, can't remember. I believe it was Jim's video but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Those little fellahs are real expensive here  .. even they they have started growing them everywhere .... how much a punnet are they where you live ? 

Had to look up "punnet" -- looks like a pint-sized basket?  $2.50/pint at the grocery store but they aren't necessarily locally grown, $22 to $25 for a dozen pints at the farmers market.

• Like 1

So many people screaming about how their peach cobbler is so (objectively) good, and nobody will tell me how it tastes.  Nor what`s in it or where to buy.  Don`t spit in my apple crisp, OK?  It might not light your fire, but it`s warm and flaky and it comes with vanilla Hagen Daz -- and that`s good enough for me.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

When I talk about my peach cobbler, I won't say that it is objectively good. But I can say that it's made with an established and time-tested recipe....

My mom, renowned in our family for her pie, swears by Betty Crocker.  I`ve asked her to teach me how and she`s tried, but there`s a knack to rolling out the dough and crimping the edges I`ll never get.  Crisps are just as tasty and easier for the pastry-challenged.  It would be interesting (if a tad foolhardy) to speculate about what kind of pie various Bums would bring to a pot luck.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, idquest said:

Well there was a video of a western student passing a test of level 2 or 3, can't remember. I believe it was Jim's video but I could be wrong.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:41 PM, Ilovecoffee said:

thelerner,

I think we both know there is no way to have a serious discussion on MoPai in this environment.

If there's anyone with knowledge of Mo Pai who'd like to engage in a serious, discussion of the practice, not the history or the personalities of Mo Pai.  Please come to the Serious Mo Pai thread In my (thelerner) PPD, you can get there hitting the thread above. 

Note the format is quite tight, a discussion of Mo Pai techniques step by step, beginning with how is sitting done.  Just that, then we'll move on.  step by step.  Extraneous, combative, insulting, humorous, sarcastic, tangential will be erased or deleted.   This is not a pro or anti thread, rather its looking at and breaking down what we know about Mo Pai techniques. 

I know very little about Mo Pai, but want to see if we can get knowledgeable people writing seriously about it.  In a narrow tight manner.  Let's see what happens. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

If there's anyone with knowledge of Mo Pai who'd like to engage in a serious, discussion of the practice, not the history or the personalities of Mo Pai.  Please come to the Serious Mo Pai thread In my (thelerner) PPD, you can get there hitting the thread above. 

Note the format is quite tight, a discussion of Mo Pai techniques step by step, beginning with how is sitting done.  Just that, then we'll move on.  step by step.  Extraneous, combative, insulting, humorous, sarcastic, tangential will be erased or deleted.   This is not a pro or anti thread, rather its looking at and breaking down what we know about Mo Pai techniques. 

I know very little about Mo Pai, but want to see if we can get knowledgeable people writing seriously about it.  In a narrow tight manner.  Let's see what happens. 

Absolutely not.

Have fun with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Absolutely not.

Have fun with that.

Really??  A discussion about Mo Pai, avoiding the things that historically cause the insult loop?  Why not.  Aren't levels 1 and 2 pretty much public and in various books, articles, pdfs etc.,  Heck I don't mind if we stay on level 1, depending on interest.  Are techniques so unimportant?  I'm not looking for pro or anti, rather I'm looking for discussion on Mo Pai techniques, there similarities and differences to other similar practices.  Beginning with.. how do they sit. 

In Aikido we'd have classes in how to sit- It's physics, subtleties, how to get up, sit down, martial aspects, the how's, why's history.   Your leg, muscle and vein systems are affected by how you sit. It's always amazing how deep simple things are.  Sitting, breathing.. I'm hoping it presents a good chance for learning.   I will intend to keep tight control over it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I will intend to keep tight control over it. 

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/44515-also-my-personal-experiences-arent-all-puppies-and-rainbows-most-of-them-are-very-dark-and-that-doesnt-sell-well-people-want-to-be-reassured-that-everything-is-going-to-be-ok-and-there-is-no-way-to-say-otherwise-without-becoming-the-bad-guy/

There is no way for you to stop this nonsense, or if the topic comes up again to stop someone from quoting things in it.

This forum is Fukushima ground zero toxic to anyone who practices real MoPai.  

Forget trying to share anything personal or meaningful without being trolled into the ****ing ground every two seconds, spit and ****ed on, and kicked at every turn.

No thank you thelerner, no thank you.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

Sorry you won't be joining (you did provide the challenge and inspiration).   Hopefully we'll have others who are somewhat knowledgeable.  There will be no trolling, no sarcasm, no sidelining humor in the thread.  No jumping ahead either.  History, pro's and con's are to be avoided or rather hidden or deleted. 

I intend for it to be a slow step by step analysis of the Mo Pai system.  Starting with there philosophy of sitting. 

• Like 1

Just now, thelerner said:

There will be no trolling, no sarcasm, no sidelining humor in the thread.

I am sure there won't be,  your thread isn't the concern, it's every other thread where that information is copied and pasted into for trolling.

Let's see how that turns out.  I'm hoping for a pretty dry clinical controlled discussion.  There's a decent chance that won't be a problem.  If there's a post you have a special concern about I will consider hiding or having the writer change it. 

Lets not overthink things or imagine dark futures. 

I am off to bed. :)

16 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Lets not overthink things or imagine dark futures. 

I am off to bed. :)

No need for imagination, I've seen it in action. :)

2 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Well ... I certainly cant argue with THAT    video   evidence !  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooNiNite said:

I need to have more pie in my lower dantien.  

We need one of those boards that one sticks their head though and gets a pie thrown at them 

Now  <  rummaging through pie boards >  .. just need to find one  big enough for your LDT to fit through        :rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali

Just now, Nungali said:

Well ... I certainly cant argue with THAT    video   evidence ! 

There were no scientists or medical doctors present during Jim's exam,  we only have his testimony that he went to the nearby bathroom and reproduced the results without Chang observing him while still within his yin field.

Unlike the other video of Chang, this is not good evidence.

I only posted it because it was being discussed.

• Like 1

The other one of Chang is not good evidence either ..... for numerous reasons . 

Besides  ;   its a     V  I  D  E  O   

I used to work filming that shit   10hrs a day  (at least )    and THAT looked more real . 

Image result for neo stops bullets gif

... when you watched it after ... and forgot about all the tricks you saw being used in production  .

Edited by Nungali

I find it a common theme for people who think Magick is real to be the most vehement skeptics,  "fate it seems is not without a sense of irony". ;)

The idea of a tightly controlled thread to discuss Mo Pai techniques without hostility or partisanship sounds fantastic, but those who practice aren`t interested in sharing.  I wish they would!  Despite all the protests to the contrary, what they really want is what they get: lots of conflict where they get to play victim.  I`m convinced they actually sort of enjoy the whole banning process.  Maybe it gives them spiritual cred in their group?  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

The idea of a tightly controlled thread to discuss Mo Pai techniques without hostility or partisanship sounds fantastic, but those who practice aren`t interested in sharing.  I wish they would!  Despite all the protests to the contrary, what they really want is what they get: lots of conflict where they get to play victim.  I`m convinced they actually sort of enjoy the whole banning process.  Maybe it gives them spiritual cred in their group?  

A tightly controlled thread doesn't stop the discussion from being copied and pasted into other new threads, new arguments.

You cannot control this entire forum and community, by creating a PPD thread.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Dao Bums, this lad has issued a challenge, and with thelerner's thread, I am optimistic that we will prove them wrong. A bit funny how the primary practitioners are not going to be the ones involved, but oh well, I am looking forward to actual engaging discussion, something that is highly characteristic of our fine forum. 

Best of luck with that, I'll try not cringe too much when the "experts" show up that know better than what Jim and Kosta actually taught, but whatever.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

If it doesn't affect your practice and nobody in your group and your system is criticized, then why would you care? :) We're just going to be discussing and analyzing. Not recruiting or debunking. 

Because when people are told false information, and hurt themselves, MoPai gets blamed, not the person spreading disinformation.