X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

Just now, thelerner said:

OMG, your head is bleeding.   oh shit, you should look into that. 

Wait.. your way is to exaggerate when cornered.  Its not bleeding.  Likewise you don't have to 'train 24x7 with John himself'.  You do have to train in Indonesia or with a reputable approved school and Mo Pai teacher.  That may be doable.  It might take work or travel but it may be possible.

You could at least stop spouting the 'MPG corporate line' and find authentic Mo Pai students and get there input.  That'd be the honest way.  I suspect they'll echo Tongkosong. 

Look at your own reply.  You're mentioning a 20 year old John Chang video.  Why?  Because JC showed magic powers in it, then others can get powers by doing Mo Pai, right?   But did student Jim McMillan have powers?  How long have studied, do you?  Or others?   Are you training like they do in Indonesia and do they have powers? 

You, yourself earlier hinted at the (mental) problems of many who obsess on Mo Pai looking for them..

The reason these threads last 20 to 30 pages is you guys have 9 pre-recorded answers and you keep spitting them out. 

thelerner,

I want to tell you sincerely we do the absolute best we can do.

We present the evidence of John's investigation with scientists and medical doctors present in a controlled location to rule out fraud, and we present the teachings passed along via Jim, Kosta.

Any serious student who pursues it WILL experience the same things we all have, and even the strongest Atheist skeptic couldn't deny their own first hand observations.

That is the best we can do, we can do no better.

If this isn't good enough for you, stick with whatever practice you think is better.

Best wishes.

I suspect the MPG group are unable to write about personal experiences, due to lack.  In truth most every other art does better because they can write from there own experience, not show 20 year old videos from a man no longer in public, who trained with masters.    You are like guys trying to master Kung Fu, by watching the entire 1970's Kung Fu TV series.  Which was excellent and did have very knowledgeable experienced people write it. 

That's where where you are, if that's not good enough for you, find an art with a live teacher who'll give you feedback.  One where you can learn from live- the subtleties of the art and the dangers within.  Also good for keeping your ego in check.  Very important.. without such you're fooling yourself. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

thelerner, I think it's a given that they don't care much about traveling to Indonesia or getting instructions from the man himself

The school is now closed to all that aren't Indonesian or Chinese, seeking him out will do no good.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

1 minute ago, thelerner said:

find an art with a live teacher who'll give you feedback. 

Sounds like a plan thelerner,  show us an art with at least as much evidence behind it as MoPai, and we'll hop right on over on that train.

:)

How about this..

Ilovecoffee, where do you expect to be in 20 years?   With your Mo Pai training I mean.  Can you answer that? 

Just now, thelerner said:

How about this..

Ilovecoffee, where do you expect to be in 20 years?   With your Mo Pai training I mean.  Can you answer that? 

Unfortunately just talking about where I am right now would trigger another 40 pages of argument.

The best I can do is tell people to come see this for themselves, or don't.

I know.. talking if, or how much you practice, or if you have any siddhis is taboo because it give people 'ammo' against you.

But I didn't ask where you are right now.  I asked where you expect to be in 20 years?  Since you constantly mention the JC video; do you expect lighting newspapers with your mind?  Be able to move empty boxes with the wave of your hand?  Or light a christmas bulb? 

In 20 years, will you be able to do that?  Yes?  No???  uhmnn, that stuff will be too hard, or too easy??

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

There's nothing for anyone to see

Now that my friend is where you are wrong ;) 

No one, not even the strongest atheist and skeptic could deny their own first hand observations.

7 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I know.. talking if, or how much you practice, or if you have any siddhis is taboo because it give people 'ammo' against you.

But I didn't ask where you are right now.  I asked where you expect to be in 20 years?  Since you constantly mention the JC video; do you expect lighting newspapers with your mind?  Be able to move empty boxes with the wave of your hand?  Or light a christmas bulb? 

In 20 years, will you be able to do that?  Yes?  No???  uhmnn, that stuff will be too hard, or too easy??

Unfortunately thelerner, in this environment at least this is a loaded question.

I can't answer you honestly without triggering a riot.

ofcourse.. riots.. fine.

thank you. 

I bow out of this thread.

clap claps, shows hands, backs away

feels sensei's hands slapping back with loud shout 'Too much Kuchiwaza Michael'

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

We present the evidence of John's investigation with scientists and medical doctors present in a controlled location to rule out fraud, and we present the teachings passed along via Jim, Kosta.

No they dont  rule out fraud at all .      This is just some mantra you got programmed by ....  and you cannot seem to refrain from chanting it . 

They were NOT controlled conditions nor  proper investigators ... they even gave that away with their commentary ! 

Any serious student who pursues it WILL experience the same things we all have, and even the strongest Atheist skeptic couldn't deny their own first hand observations.

Surely it would be better to be born ethnically Chinese, rich so you never have to work, and could study, meditate, and train 24 x 7 directly with John himself. 

Unfortunately we don't have that option, we only have what we have.

Show us another system that has at least as much evidence behind it as MoPai, and we'll drop MoPai and pursue it instead.

In your discussion of MoPai you allow the nonsense posts as valid, and reject Jim and Kosta as idiots who have no clue what they were taught.

This is so bizarre and utterly backwards it makes my brain bleed.

A brain bleed ?  

That can be serious ,    ya know .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

OMG, your head is bleeding.   oh shit, you should look into that. 

Wait.. your way is to exaggerate when cornered.  Its not bleeding.  Likewise you don't have to 'train 24x7 with John himself'.  You do have to train in Indonesia or with a reputable approved school and Mo Pai teacher.  That may be doable.  It might take work or travel but it may be possible.

You could at least stop spouting the 'MPG corporate line' and find authentic Mo Pai students and get there input.  That'd be the honest way.  I suspect they'll echo Tongkosong. 

Look at your own reply.  You're mentioning a 20 year old John Chang video.  Why?  Because JC showed magic powers in it, then others can get powers by doing Mo Pai, right?   But did student Jim McMillan have powers?  How long have you studied, do you?  Or others?   Are you training like they do in Indonesia and do they have powers? 

You, yourself earlier hinted at the (mental) problems of many who obsess on Mo Pai looking for them..

The reason these threads last 20 to 30 pages is you guys have 9 pre-recorded answers and you keep spitting them out. 

Well , some martial arts teachers recommend that ... only learn  a few techniques and concentrate on that when you feel you have to defend yourself .  Otherwise, if you try to learn too much , at this stage , you will be falling all over yourself . 

;)   

• Like 1

Now that my friend is where you are wrong ;) 

No one, not even the strongest atheist and skeptic could deny their own first hand observations.

Ha!    Classic  misconception  !  

When the shadows slink and slither, 
And the goblins all parade; 
Then reason is a broken reed 
At the devil's Masquerade. 

Don't believe the human eye 
In sunlight or in shade. 
The puppet show of sight and sense 
Is the Devil's Masquerade. 

Demons Drink from human skulls 
And souls are up for trade. 
Take wine and drugs and join us in 
The Devil's Masquerade. 

Only a Magus and a Knight trueborn 
And a virgin unafraid, 
Can walk unharmed amid the dance 
Of the Devil's Masquerade.

n't believe the human eye

In sunlight or in shadeImage result for happy dancing smiley

The puppet show of sight and sense

Is the Devil's Masquerade.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Unfortunately Nungali,  I'm not interested in further dialog with you.  I have a hard time taking anything you say seriously, and can't see anything productive coming out of a discussion with you.  

Best wishes.

13 hours ago, thelerner said:

I suspect the MPG group are unable to write about personal experiences, due to lack.  In truth most every other art does better because they can write from there own experience, not show 20 year old videos from a man no longer in public, who trained with masters.    You are like guys trying to master Kung Fu, by watching the entire 1970's Kung Fu TV series.  Which was excellent and did have very knowledgeable experienced people write it. 

That's where where you are, if that's not good enough for you, find an art with a live teacher who'll give you feedback.  One where you can learn from live- the subtleties of the art and the dangers within.  Also good for keeping your ego in check.  Very important.. without such you're fooling yourself. 

I would like to see the kungfu series of the seventies again, now that you mention it I remember, I enjoyed it soo much

• Like 2

especially a scene where a young guy had to walk over a small plank over  a basin filled by some kind of acid, on the bottom skeletons were seen ( i must have been 9 or 10 I think, this was very exciting to me, identifying with this young guy I seemed to have walked that plank myself)

of course the young guy stumbles and falls down, of course,  the lesson was that fear is the biggest pitfall.

That lesson I took along and it has served me well.

concerning Mopai, I do not have doubts concerning the abilities of John Chang or the validity of the Indonesian school. But I doubt very much whether western Mopai is valid.

I remember a session in the dojo were my teacher was teasing me about buying a blue dress and be a teacher  myself. At the same time he is very clear that teaching before you are ripe to do that is a bad idea. His teasing thus  being a warning, do not get ideas that'll boost your ego.

I know senior students of his ( not me, 'm just a beginner) whom I respect a great deal and who do have a decennialong intensive training, they do not teach but assist.

They could easily set themselves up as teachers, there abilities and power is large enough for that. But they won't.They know there responsibility to themselves and to people who should not be led astray.

much love to all of you BES

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

But I doubt very much whether western Mopai is valid.

I think the major perception people have here is that we have changed or altered what Jim and Kosta taught their students, and the truth is we have not. 

There was an alteration to Jim's instructions floating around, with changes such as disconnecting the tongue from the pallet upon exhalation, among things.  These changes were introduced by David Micah Naziri AKA Hern Heng AKA Shifu Lin.

All instructions we provide were obtained prior to the Shifu Lin debacle.

There are other groups like LoneManPai (TM) that claim to be better than MoPai, and the now defunct Sifu Rel's group both who invent new practices and market them as MoPai.

All we do is preserve exactly what Jim and Kosta taught their students and absolutely nothing more.

It's the same teachings you would obtain being Chinese and going to Indonesia yourself.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

Kenneth S Cohen once participated in a project where they tested energy surges. He produced several +200volt surges. This was performed in laboratory condition,  and is publiced in a peer-reviewed magazine. 

Does that mean that a rational person drop everything and starts studying under him?

24 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Kenneth S Cohen once participated in a project where they tested energy surges. He produced several +200volt surges. This was performed in laboratory condition,  and is publiced in a peer-reviewed magazine. 

Does that mean that a rational person drop everything and starts studying under him?

I would love to read more about this, but unfortunately I can not find any more information on google.  Could you site the sources you are referencing?

Thanks.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

http://www.consciousnessandbiofeedback.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Anomalous-Electrostatic-Phenomena-in-Exceptional-Subjects.pdf

Before you say it, no, that scientific paper didn't name the test subjects.  That's not how such things are generally done.  However...

Ken Cohen received the 2013 Alyce and Elmer Green Award from the ISSSEEM and that award identified him as one on the nine "exceptional healers" recorded in the 12-year-long Copper Wall Project experiments.  The Greens were quite open about Cohen's identity subsequent to the journal publication.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

http://www.consciousnessandbiofeedback.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Anomalous-Electrostatic-Phenomena-in-Exceptional-Subjects.pdf

Before you say it, no, that scientific paper didn't name the test subjects.  That's not how such things are generally done.  However...

Ken Cohen received the 2013 Alyce and Elmer Green Award from the ISSSEEM and that award identified him as one on the nine "exceptional healers" recorded in the 12-year-long Copper Wall Project experiments.  The Greens were quite open about Cohen's identity subsequent to the journal publication.

Ah.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

11 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Ah.

I take it you didn't actually read the PDF?

• Like 3